• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Legend of Zelda Mafia |OT| A Lynch to the Past

Terrabyte20xx

Junior Wrestlemania XXX Champion
Okay, taking all that has happened into account, I'm going to

VOTE: Bronx-Man

I think TY's reasoning with Ynnek is the right way to go. I was hoping to see what Bronx has to say before I voted but it looks like that isn't happening. I am voting for him because he is the one I feel most uncomfortable with at this moment in time.

Ty4on

I think TY's reasoning with Ynnek is the right way to go. I was hoping to see what Bronx has to say before I voted but it looks like that isn't happening. I am voting for him because he is the one I feel most uncomfortable with at this moment in time.

Wait, what is my reasoning??

*Splinter

3 on Sophia, 2 on Ynnek, with 10 minutes to go. Why are you wasting your vote?

Sophia could be neutral I guess

Ahh, the days when scum were found by bad role claims and serial killers worked for town.

"I'm totally the doctor guys!"

*scum kills doctor*

"Uh... yeah... about that..."

Good times. Good times. (I was so bad in that game.)

Sawneeks

Banned
Current Vote Count:

ynnek7 (2)
magnumboy20xx 2529
nin1000 2531 (2636)
*splinter 2625 (2631)
kyanrute 2635

magnumboy20xx (1)
ynnek7 2611

bronx-man (2)
absolutbro 2617
terrabyte20xx 2653

sophia (3)
ty4on 2630
*splinter 2631
nin1000 2636

Majority is 6

Day 4 Ends in:
gre_1485298800.png

Vote Count can be found HERE

Terrabyte20xx

Ty4on

Town:
Magnum
Nin
Splinter
Kyanrute

Dunno
Ynnek7
AB

Scum
Terrabyte
Bronx-Man
Sophia

In order of best to worst. Magnum is a weird read, but didn't look W/W with acohrs.

Ynnek7

VOTE: Sophia

I'd rather this go to magnum, but I'd also rather not get lynched. If you have any suggestions on who to block, now's the time.

Dusk of the Fourth Day

The remaining Lyruleans wake up and gather at the edge of the island, peering over at their camp.

”The Keese and skeletons are gone."

”Does anyone want to swim back?"

”No way! I'm building a boat."

Resignedly, the group begins gathering supplies.

Hours later, the raft is finished. Pushing it to the water, everyone jumps aboard.

”Waitttttt!!!!" A loud, deep yell can be heard. Turning back, the Lyruleans see Sophia hustling out of the undergrowth towards their raft.

”Seriously?"

”Yeah, seriously, it's not a long swim. We're not going back."

”Plus he's heavy. Not sure we can take any more weight."

Sophia, out of breath, makes it to the water's edge, only to see the raft getting farther and farther away. He shakes his head. Aren't these longer legs supposed to make me faster? he thinks. Seeing the discarded tools and materials strewn along the shore, he sighs and sets to work making his own raft.

Hours later, Sophia's raft is completed. He scratches ”Saria" into the side, then pushes it into the water.

More hours later, Sophia stops paddling to rest. Have I been going in circles? he thinks. The shore is still so far away.

He lays out on the raft and closes his eyes. I'll wait for the wind carry me back.

Some say he's still waiting to this day.

Sophia has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are Adult Link, an Ordinary Non-Speaking Character (this means Vanilla Townie). You're finally big enough to wield the Master Sword in your quest to save Hyrule. Thanks puberty.

Like the beginning of a particular franchise, you have nothing at your disposal. Not even a jump button. The only thing you can do is VOTE.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is missing Sweet 16.

Night 4 ends in:

bla_1485471600.png

Dawn of the Fifth Day

The citizens of Lyrule mingle around their camp, salvaging whatever they could from the previous day's carnage. From an indeterminate distance, the goddesses watch.

”This has been a pretty disappointing Battle Royale," says Nayru.

”I know," agrees Farore. ”After all the hype and delay, I don't think it was worth waiting for."

Din looks up from her phone. ”Are you talking about Breath of the Wild?"

Nayru narrows her eyes. ”Surely you can split your attention, sister. That device of yours can't be that distracting."

Din shakes her head. ”Have you seen the guys on Tinder? Swoon!"

”You must be joking," scoffs Farore. ”You'll never hear back from any guy named Link."

Din furrows her eyebrows. ”Yeah, you're right." She casually tosses her phone away. ”What's going on with Lyrule?"

”It's a pretty sad state of affairs," says Nayru. ”While their numbers are dwindling, it hasn't been the competitive bloodbath we've expected."

”Well, let's change things up!" exclaims Din. ”Give them something to fight. Like, one of those boss creatures!"

”I don't think-" began Nayru.

”She has a point," interrupts Farore. ”Complacency and apathy have closed their icy hands around the throat of Lyrule's citizens, and rather than struggle for air, they're welcoming a deathly cold embrace."

Din and Nayru take a step back. ”That's... eloquently dark," stammers Nayru.

”Totally," nods Din.

”Don't act so surprised," scoffs Farore. ”I have my talents. Now, what boss should we use...?"

---

The Lyruleans are preparing to depart their camp when the ground starts to shake. From the water nearby, large tentacles rise up, flailing wildly.

”Geez, what is it with Japanese games and tentacles?"

”Don't ask, just run!"

One of the tentacles sweeps through the camp, knocking people and tents everywhere. Ty4on ducks in time and the tentacle passes harmlessly over him, but it knocks his backpack off. As he watches, the backpack rips open in mid-air, spewing its contents out.

”My inventory!" Ty4on moans. He gets up and starts retrieving his masks.

”Ty4on! Leave it!" the other Lyruleans shout.

Ty4on turns back, a smile still on his face. ”I need my masks! I'll be okay!" he yells. Ducking another swinging tentacle, he picks up another mask.

Just one more, he thinks, looking around. His eyes land upon it, floating in the shallow water of the lake. Throwing caution to the wind, he runs towards it.

With a yell, Ty4on jumps into the water and closes his hand over the mask. He raises it above his head in triumph. I got it!

A tentacle reaches out and plucks him from the air. A grin still on his face, Ty4on is pulled underwater, never to be heard from again.

Ty4on has died!

Hey, listen!

The goddesses have chosen you. Evil is here, and it must be vanquished. Fulfill your destiny.

You are the Happy Mask Salesman, a Compulsive Celebrity Item Vendor. You are in a strange world with strange people (which means new customers), but you didn't bring your masks to sell! It's okay, you've got other inventory. But with no reputation or established currency, no one is willing to buy from you. Maybe if you gave stuff away, people would take notice...

Once per night you MUST vend an item to another player with the command BESTOW: Player. You do NOT know what items you are giving out. You also cannot target the same player twice, nor can you target yourself.

In addition, at any point during the Day, you may post the command I QUIT in the game thread to relinquish your item vendor ability and become a confirmed Ordinary Townie.

You are aligned with town and win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

The game thread is 6 years in the making.
Ty4on was carrying a Bomb.

Item jingle

You got A Bomb! It's lit, and I don't mean the slang all the cool kids are using these days, but actually lit and ready to explode at any moment. It might be wise to get rid of it, and fast!

Once per game, you may use the command PASS: Player at night to pass this item to the targeted player.

Note that you can pass this item in addition to your night action (if applicable).

Day 5 begins.

8 players left. Majority is 5.

Day ends in:

bla_1485644400.png

Terrabyte20xx

Okay, so Ty dying was kinda expected considering he was confirmed town. That bomb is not something I expected. Also, we only had one night kill. Ynnek, who did you block?

Ynnek7

Wow, honestly wasn't sure I'd make it to today!

Last night I blocked Kyanrute. I didn't like the tone of his posts after I claimed I had a role, and then he voted for me after finding out what it was.

Kyanrute

All right.

This is going just as I imagined.

VOTE: Ynnek7

Trust him and die.

Ordinary town, Bronx, you know what to reply with.

Top Bottom