• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO are teasing one of the largest sets ever

The teaser video showed 10/1, so don't expect it to be sold anywhere except for the Lego Store until then. The Lego Store will probably have it a couple weeks earlier as part of their free-to-join VIP program.

As far as the price, expect MSRP everywhere. Hard to find Lego sets sold at online retailers rarely see price breaks and are usually excluded from general sales. The best you can do on release is to pick up some discounted gift cards for the store you plan to buy from.

Thanks for the info.

Good to know!

mclem

This *might* be it - from a discussion in the LEGO thread, no-one seems to have pegged it as a known MOC, and the more modern piece choice suggests a recently-developed set.
Still could be fake, but it's absolutely ticking the right boxes.

uVAFrN0.png

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
This *might* be it - from a discussion in the LEGO thread, no-one seems to have pegged it as a known MOC, and the more modern piece choice suggests a recently-developed set.
Still could be fake, but it's absolutely ticking the right boxes.

Same size as the old one, but with a lot more pieces thrown onto the exterior and sides.

tuffy

I think it's real also. It has the level of refinement I'd expect after 10 years. There might be some basic interior access like the old one (like around the cockpit and top turret), but I'm not expecting much.

Nightfall

I hope this thing is real. For a Lego Star Wars set this looks fabulous.

It'll probably be worth tripple its price in no time.

Plum

Looking at it now (even if it's fake, it'll be very similar), I'm not sure I want it to be honest. I don't have a good place to display it, it's insanely expensive and I'm not that much of a Star Wars fan. It feels like if I bought it I'd be doing so just because of the novelty factor in having the largest LEGO set ever.

mclem

I think it could possibly be a fake. I just found instructions for this custom one which looks pretty similar:

It's not a perfect match, though; there's detailing on the passage to the docking ring on the right-hand side in the first picture that's not there in those instructions (and the instructions wouldn't add it later because those walls have been 'sealed off' with curved tiles). Which doesn't mean it's *not* a fake, of course, but it's a point of contrast.

It's that docking ring area that I'm locking onto as the most conspicuously unique-looking interpretation of that part of the ship's design.

I feel like I'd only get the falcon if I had the space to do the table-encased thing with it. As it stands now, space in my apartment is even more limited than the toy budget.

But damn that would be such a sick and unnecessary table

But every remaining in-print modular and then some for the same price

But glass box of spaceship

But

But

B

mclem

I thought the yuan symbol was different but I guess if it were yuan that'd be somethin' closer to what, $1275? Is that a reasonable price for a set like this?

We're generally expecting it to retail for around $700-$800, so I guess it depends on whether China usually has a markup of 50% or so on Lego.

It may not fit exactly, but given how similar it is and how quickly I found it, it shows it likely wouldn't be hard to fake.
There are big differences between them. Sure, they are both Falcons, but techniques, pieces, and proportions between the two are quite different.
I am not saying that the new leak is 100% real. Just that it is not a variation on that one moc.
However, the use of newer curved tiles that only just started showing this year help sell the leak as new and legit. Was trying to find some really new, like only a few weeks old parts but couldn't.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I'm honestly going to be let down if there's no interior and the extra pieces are just crap thrown onto the exterior.

4 mini figures = I'll buy a lepin version 😈

Not that hard to include every person that's been in the falcon at $800
Stormtroopers
Obi wan
Luke
Lando
C3P0
R2D2
Leia
Han Solo
Chewy
BB-8
Rey
Finn

They can omit the people in the falcon during the second Death Star assault

#FreeLuke
#FreeLando

Easily could have had new hope with Luke x ObiWan
End of empire with lando in hans clothing since there's no figure of that.

I'm still banking on old Luke polybag with purchase

CHC

Damn, it's got a partial interior. That's awesome!

I might seriously buy one of these as an investment. If I hold on to it for like 7 or 8 years it will probably going up in value ~600%. Hell, I sold my (used, boxless) 10212 Imperial Shuttle for more than retail cost like two years after it was discontinued. New in box, this thing is going to be a goldmine.

Top Bottom