• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes |OT| Of great themes and vocal legos

Draconian

Can't wait for this tomorrow. Preordered on Amazon because for some reason Nightwing's a preorder character. (really guys? *sigh*)

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
No release day delivery from Amazon, kind of bummed.

smr00

Banned
I can't decide if i want to pick it up on 3DS or PS3 tomorrow.

I am getting a Vita next month and i defiantly want a handheld version as well so i might just grab the PS3 verison and wait till i get the Vita, anyone know if it will have the "transfarring" shit or whatever?

SmithnCo

I can't decide if i want to pick it up on 3DS or PS3 tomorrow.

I am getting a Vita next month and i defiantly want a handheld version as well so i might just grab the PS3 verison and wait till i get the Vita, anyone know if it will have the "transfarring" shit or whatever?

Apparently Vita is a different, non-open-world game, so I don't think it has any crossplay.

jufonuk

not tag worthy
I kinda don't mind the non-open world aspect of the 3DS version so long as the basics are the same, if I got the open world 360 version I would jsut spend all my time fart assing around..I am the Batman!!

Seventy5

I was able to rent a Vita copy through Gamefly. I'll definitely post my thoughts in comparison to the console/pc version.
Looking forward to your impressions. The vita version of Harry Potter wasnt great. They cycled the same short music clip over and over in every level, and the cinematics were super compressed and quite terrible looking. I want to get this on vita, but not if it gets the same treatment.

Looking forward to your impressions. The vita version of Harry Potter wasnt great. They cycled the same short music clip over and over in every level, and the cinematics were super compressed and quite terrible looking. I want to get this on vita, but not if it gets the same treatment.

Okay, I'll look out for those especially. Mind you, I've never played a handheld version of the Lego games aside from the free Harry Potter 1-4 iPad version,

I'll definitely look at the 3DS demo and Vita version side by side. I should have the Gamefly copy by Wednesday at the earliest.

Rootbeer

Banned
My Vita version arrives tomorrow...

I really really hope they did a better job than HP 5-7 :( :(

If not, I'm not pre-ordering LEGO LotR. I'l just get the PC version and wait for impressions on other platforms

ReaperXL7

I'm not going to lie the two nerds(Fantasy vs. Comics) in me are fighting each other in anticpation for two lego games this year, and i've never cared about the lego games previously. If this and Lego Lord of the rings turn out great, I will love TT forever.

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
I am thinking of getting it for the Vita, especially after the IGN Video Review. Looks great. Does it look good on the Vita? I saw a couple of videos on Gametrailers from E3 but they were from enclosed areas (they looked fine), curious to see how the open world holds up. Anyone got any videos or anyone privy to the game before its release who can tell me?

Read further up that it might not have the open world? Definitely won't be getting it if that's the case. Will wait and see what people say tomorrow.

VanWinkle

I am thinking of getting it for the Vita, especially after the IGN Video Review. Looks great. Does it look good on the Vita? I saw a couple of videos on Gametrailers from E3 but they were from enclosed areas (they looked fine), curious to see how the open world holds up. Anyone got any videos or anyone privy to the game before its release who can tell me?

Read further up that it might not have the open world? Definitely won't be getting it if that's the case. Will wait and see what people say tomorrow.

Yeah, just read through the thread. It's not open world. And yes, it's very disappointing.

I'm not going to lie the two nerds(Fantasy vs. Comics) in me are fighting each other in anticpation for two lego games this year, and i've never cared about the lego games previously. If this and Lego Lord of the rings turn out great, I will love TT forever.

Lego Batman 1 was a fun little platformer, and if that's any indication about this game's quality, then you'll love LB2.

Rootbeer

Banned
Damian is in this??
amazon and other retailers got a code to unlock damian (for PS3 and 360 at least). It is not yet known if you can unlock the pre-order characters via other means.

*edit* oops... this was supposed to be an edit to my last post. sorry :)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
yUP as a pre-order at least. Wonder if this makes Tim Red Robin in this game?

Seems like Tim might still be Robin from some footage I just watched, which would mean Damian might be in his white and black pre-Robin suit. Either way, that's great fanservice. Damian is awesome. (Tim as RR would be awesomer though!)

So is there a PC version or not? :p

Well, the Wii is the lead title for every Lego game. Maybe not for Lego LOTR though.

I swear I remember a quote from the developers of these games before the 3DS came out saying that the 3DS was powerful enough to directly port the Wii version of the LEGO games onto it.

I was so excited when they said that, but my disappointment was severe when I found out the POTC game was just an up-port of the damn DS version.

EDIT: Here's the actual article: http://www.siliconera.com/2011/03/02/lego-video-game-developers-build-first-wii-to-3ds-port/

LIES!

Tizoc

Seems like Tim might still be Robin from some footage I just watched, which would mean Damian might be in his white and black pre-Robin suit. Either way, that's great fanservice. Damian is awesome. (Tim as RR would be awesomer though!)

So is there a PC version or not? :p

Steam ver. is confirmed at 30 dollars IIRC.

aw.

Was thinking of getting the vita one :/

Had the urge for a portable openworld game.

I guess it's probably just gonna be a port of the 3ds one T_T.

wotta

Hear people say that the Vita version is a port of the 3Ds version. Not seen proof of this anywhere though.

Where are people getting information that it's not open world? Got a source?

Nevermind!!!!!!

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Hear people say that the Vita version is a port of the 3Ds version. Not seen proof of this anywhere though.

Where are people getting information that it's not open world? Got a source?

It's mentioned a billion times in this thread.

But seeing as you don't believe it. Here's the E3 fact sheet

LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes Fact Sheet
LEGO® BatmanTM 2: DC Super Heroes

FACT SHEET

RELEASE DATE: Summer 2012
PUBLISHER: Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment
DEVELOPER : TT Games
ESRB RATING: TBD
GENRE: Action-Adventure
PLATFORMS: Xbox 360®, PlayStation®3, WiiTM, Nintendo DSTM, Nintendo 3DSTM, PlayStation® Vita, PC

GAME OVERVIEW:
Batman and Robin return in LEGO® BatmanTM 2: DC Super Heroes, the highly-anticipated sequel to LEGO® BatmanTM: The Videogame, the best-selling LEGO® videogame of all time, which has sold more than 11 million units worldwide. This time the Dynamic Duo join forces with other famous DC super heroes including Superman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern to stop the notorious villains Lex Luthor and The Joker from destroying Gotham City. Batman fans of all ages will enjoy a new and original story filled with classic LEGO videogame action and humor as players fight to put the bad guys back behind bars.

LEGO BatmanTM 2: DC Super Heroes complements the brand new, recently released LEGO® Super Heroes: DC Universe toy collection. The line includes five construction sets, such as The Batcave and three buildable, detailed action figures.

GAME FEATURES:
· Experience an original LEGO adventure that has Batman and Robin teaming up with Superman to defend Gotham City from The Joker and Lex Luthor.
· Discover a new storyline that introduces a massive Gotham City hub full of fun exploration, collection and vehicles.
· Traverse Gotham City’s open realm by walking, flying or unlocking and controlling a variety of cool vehicles including the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)
· Experience for the first time in a LEGO videogame, talking LEGO minifigures.
· Master new suits and gadgets, such as Batman’s Power Suit and Robin’s Hazard Suit equipped with a Pressure Cannon that can absorb and dispense hazardous liquids.
· Collect 50 DC Comics characters, including The Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and many others.
· Flex your new super abilities and soar through the air with free-roaming flight, freeze and push objects with Super-Breath, and heat up and cut holes through objects with Heat Vision.
· Create unique super heroes with customizable characters.
· Play with friends and family using easy drop-in/drop-out co-op play that features dynamic split screen (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC).

· Traverse Gotham City’s open realm by walking, flying or unlocking and controlling a variety of cool vehicles including the Batmobile, Batwing and Batboat (Xbox 360, PS3, Wii and PC)

Top Bottom