• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO Dimensions |OT| Not Lost Dimensions

Yeah the complete lack of anything at E3 is telling.
Apparently levels were patched out? Don't know how true that is.
When Wave 6 came out there were slots for 6 new levels. Sometime around the LEGO Batman Movie release they released a patch where two slots were removed. Currently, every Level slot is filled with no sight of them adding those two back.

They also havent acknowledged that they patched them out.

Haven't had internet access for my console in a while so the other day I downloaded all the released DLC for Lego Dimensions while at my parents house. Also picked up Fantastic Beasts and the Sonic level. The latter was so long, and the former is really fun. I missed playing this game, need to step up my game and pick up some more of Year 2

Maybe it might not be dead after all?

Granted, he really doesn't seem to know (or care) exactly what exactly he recorded for, so it's plausible it was just another Lego game, and not Lego Dimensions. Guess we'll see!

Edit: It's also possible it was for one of the adventure worlds tied to the upcoming wave. Though those are releasing one month from the date of his Tweet, so probably not?

They're releasing soon and Adventure worlds often use covers of licensed music from what I recall. Beetlejuice, PPG, and Teen Titans seem like they'd have the license for the actual music so maybe it could be a remix but maybe (hopefully) it was something more original!

DonShula

Any additional Dimensions content should already be in the can. No way they're just now recording audio for anything. It's either for a new game or an advertisement.

If this person isn't a gamer, why specifically mention Lego Dimensions and not "some Lego game?" Hmm...

Rootbeer

Banned
It still kills me they didn't make any more Sonic figures.
At the very least Tails and Knuckles would have been greatly appreciated.

if LEGO Dimensions doesn't continue after this year... we still have a lot to be thankful for, if you're a LEGO fan. This game gave us tons of minifigures we probably could never have gotten through other means.

If this person isn't a gamer, why specifically mention Lego Dimensions and not "some Lego game?" Hmm...
You'd be surprised what non-gamers can pick up and start erroneously cramming into everything haha. Like, it can sometimes go way beyond "Nintendo PlayStation" and "Wii Switch".

I'm leaning towards this being for actual new content anyway, I just wouldn't outright dismiss the possibility of a flubbed title.

I kinda want to pick up these last few sets, but I haven't played the game in a long, long time.

I haven't played it past the Back To The Future and Ghostbuster levels, but I've bought every level pack/fun pack/whatever the other pack just so I had everything, haha.

Soulfire

I kinda want to pick up these last few sets, but I haven't played the game in a long, long time.

Me too. It's difficult to play, having to get everything out with kids running around. When they're asleep I'm not looking to play something so involved. Still really love the game, maybe one day...

DonShula

Me too. It's difficult to play, having to get everything out with kids running around. When they're asleep I'm not looking to play something so involved. Still really love the game, maybe one day...

I'd love a goodbye patch that unlocks the entire game offline and doesn't require character swaps. I doubt it'll happen but it would be nice.

I'd love a goodbye patch that unlocks the entire game offline and doesn't require character swaps. I doubt it'll happen but it would be nice.

I want a final set that has the main bad guy in it. Granted I still(!) haven't played any of it but I'm concerned there won't be an actual ending to the story without some kind of final update or one last release.

Rootbeer

Banned
Picked up Beetlejuice because how could I possibly not want him in my collection. I'll pick up the rest of the wave later when the next round of sales hits.

I hope this isn't the last we'll see.

I want a final set that has the main bad guy in it. Granted I still(!) haven't played any of it but I'm concerned there won't be an actual ending to the story without some kind of final update or one last release.

I'm not sure what your concern is. Mind you, I must admit that due to playing with a small child that always wanted to jump around to different things, I never actually finished the main campaign. However, I would note that it was not an ongoing thing. All the extra fun, team, level, and story packs have not expanded on the on-disc campaign. They've simply offered additional side-content.

DrDerekDrs

Neo Member

I doubt Gary Oldman is chomping at the bit to do more videogame voice over work after Star Citizen. ;)

The Teen Titans Go! episode is fun, but unfortunately the framerate on the Jump City area really goes to shit on PS4.

PowerPuff Girls Townsville zone is fun, but feels kind of generic.

Beetlejuice is by far the best new set.

Would really love to see Lego/Disney work something out to get Disney/Marvel/Star Wars/Indiana Jones into the game. If Disney doesn't want their characters interacting with WB, just release a Disney specific Dimensions, there's by far enough content to justify it.

The Teen Titans Go! episode is fun, but unfortunately the framerate on the Jump City area really goes to shit on PS4.

PowerPuff Girls Townsville zone is fun, but feels kind of generic.

Beetlejuice is by far the best new set.

Would really love to see Lego/Disney work something out to get Disney/Marvel/Star Wars/Indiana Jones into the game. If Disney doesn't want their characters interacting with WB, just release a Disney specific Dimensions, there's by far enough content to justify it.

I would probably just resign yourself to the sad fate of Dimensions being dead.

I'm not sure what your concern is. Mind you, I must admit that due to playing with a small child that always wanted to jump around to different things, I never actually finished the main campaign. However, I would note that it was not an ongoing thing. All the extra fun, team, level, and story packs have not expanded on the on-disc campaign. They've simply offered additional side-content.

Since I haven't played the game yet, but have been following the updates, I was under the impression that the actual story of Lego Dimensions was not complete. Like there's the base game, and all the expansions are little side stories, but the PR for the Story Packs (GB16, FB, TLBM) said that they had threads or ties to the main plot IIRC. That lead me to believe that the core story campaign was continued through the Story Packs in Year 2 and would continue into Year 3 if there had been one. Back when I worked at Lego we theorized that the final wave would have some kind of Fun/Team/Level/Story Pack that included a minifigure of the main villain and would conclude the Lego Dimensions story.

If that's not the case and the actual story of Lego Dimensions wraps up with the core game and everything else are just unrelated side stories, then I have nothing to worry about! The PR for the Story Packs just had me thinking that things were continued there and, since the game has been basically cancelled before they planned it to be, the story would forever remain incomplete without some kind of update/patch/final pack.

Since I haven't played the game yet, but have been following the updates, I was under the impression that the actual story of Lego Dimensions was not complete. Like there's the base game, and all the expansions are little side stories, but the PR for the Story Packs (GB16, FB, TLBM) said that they had threads or ties to the main plot IIRC. That lead me to believe that the core story campaign was continued through the Story Packs in Year 2 and would continue into Year 3 if there had been one. Back when I worked at Lego we theorized that the final wave would have some kind of Fun/Team/Level/Story Pack that included a minifigure of the main villain and would conclude the Lego Dimensions story.

If that's not the case and the actual story of Lego Dimensions wraps up with the core game and everything else are just unrelated side stories, then I have nothing to worry about! The PR for the Story Packs just had me thinking that things were continued there and, since the game has been basically cancelled before they planned it to be, the story would forever remain incomplete without some kind of update/patch/final pack.
Oh, nah, haha. The story packs are literally just the plot of whatever movie it's based on. It's like watching condensed Fantastic Beasts or Lego Batman. Nothing of the Dimensions story.
Even level packs are just cute stories that fit thematically with their source material or in some cases adapt an episode like the Simpsons level.

Oh, nah, haha. The story packs are literally just the plot of whatever movie it's based on. It's like watching condensed Fantastic Beasts or Lego Batman. Nothing of the Dimensions story.
Even level packs are just cute stories that fit thematically with their source material or in some cases adapt an episode like the Simpsons level.

Oh thank god. Still bummed we probably aren't getting a figure of the bad guy but as long as the actual story is wrapped up then that's the more important thing. Thanks!

Oh thank god. Still bummed we probably aren't getting a figure of the bad guy but as long as the actual story is wrapped up then that's the more important thing. Thanks!
Yeah don't worry, they wrap up the story in the game itself, it's got it's own thing going there. It's not like say Lego The Hobbit and leaving that incomplete as a story (my partner is not bitter over that still, honest)

Honestly, it's the main thing that stopped me from 100%'ing it like every other LEGO game I've played. I just don't have it in me to have 100 figures/bases sitting on my living room table and constantly switching them because either (a) one of the characters are frozen or (b) they need me to keep switching the main three people for no reason.

DonShula

Honestly, it's the main thing that stopped me from 100%'ing it like every other LEGO game I've played. I just don't have it in me to have 100 figures/bases sitting on my living room table and constantly switching them because either (a) one of the characters are frozen or (b) they need me to keep switching the main three people for no reason.

Ya, when I did play it I'd be kinda-sorta OK with the character swaps - I'd put a wide variety on the base and then just go after whatever I had the abilities to do. But then I'd abandon ship when the character swap puzzles popped up. Those were too much. Honestly the entire thing was dumb in my eyes and I would have preferred the character permanently scanning into the game for use after I purchased it.

Ya, when I did play it I'd be kinda-sorta OK with the character swaps - I'd put a wide variety on the base and then just go after whatever I had the abilities to do. But then I'd abandon ship when the character swap puzzles popped up. Those were too much. Honestly the entire thing was dumb in my eyes and I would have preferred the character permanently scanning into the game for use after I purchased it.

The messed up part is they save themselves "enough" that the game knows what you own, you just can't switch to them whenever you want to.

I understand it helps cut down on the people sharing figures and no one buying them if that was the case, but still, they're sacrificing the game for the figure nonsense.

But yeah, I thought that it being "dead" was known for a while, and that the Powerpuff/Beetlejuice wave was the end of it.
I would say "highly suspected" due to lack of other info. It wasn't until last week that the "so long and thanks for all the fish" internal email leaked, which was the first "proof" of its death (rather than just an absence of proof of life).

Cronen

DM1kB65UEAEFQDQ.jpg

In case you didn't catch this on their Twitter page.

oktarb

I have to say this was a bad experience for a pre xmas gift with my six year old daughter. Things are way to complicated. I bought some expansion packs, Adventure Time, Teems Titans, and you can't access that content until after Wizard of Oz. Sure its not long but it does not tell you that in the game. We easily spent an hour trying to figure it out. First quote from my daughter was "This is lame...".

During WiO it makes you jump back and forth on the pad. I get the pad is a hook but its a lame game mechanic. It totally broke our fun times by having to get up and change the characters repeatedly.

Finally we unlock this shit we paid for and the portals are spread all around, you have to run around like an idiot trying to find, again, the shit I paid for. Anotther 30 minutes wasted before finding the catapult that launches you to yet another island this more fucking portals. Portal after portal of shit i don't own.

Top Bottom