• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest 8

Blizzard

Banned
Only one box of one color. Buy all the colors you want, but the entry should only come from a single box.
Oh I know that's the contest. But if we ever make lots of money and become wealthy, it would be cool to have a $10 entry point that allows mixing two. It would even allow for more theoretical combinations and thus variety!

Also speaking of changing the contest, do you think we could edit the Amazon links I posted earlier into the OP? Being able to click instead of having to go to Amazon and type in a product code might make the contest so easy that people won't be able to resist entering.

I picked up the green one for $5 in Walmart since the blue one is not getting here for decades.

I've decided the ultimate contest would be to let people choose any two, mix them, and build the result.
The ultimate contest would be to dump the pieces on the floor, then pick up pieces until you have exactly half, leave the remaining pieces on the floor, and then build using only the 25-30 pieces while kneeling on the remaining pieces.

Blizzard

Banned
The ultimate contest would be to dump the pieces on the floor, then pick up pieces until you have exactly half, leave the remaining pieces on the floor, and then build using only the 25-30 pieces while kneeling on the remaining pieces.
I like the way this is going.

Oh I know that's the contest. But if we ever make lots of money and become wealthy, it would be cool to have a $10 entry point that allows mixing two. It would even allow for more theoretical combinations and thus variety!

Also speaking of changing the contest, do you think we could edit the Amazon links I posted earlier into the OP? Being able to click instead of having to go to Amazon and type in a product code might make the contest so easy that people won't be able to resist entering.
My bad. Thought I did that before but it was just the parts list pic. Fixing that now. Thanks for the links!

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
OT/ What Firefox screenshot tool? I'm rocking the old UI and can't see it

It just popped up for me in the last update. It automatically detected each page of the PDF and let me save one. May have been tools that did it already but I'm used to the Windows tool that makes you manually select everything.

mrkgoo

I've had more of a play and already done 7 different models, but not many I'm too happy about. This one is interesting though. I've found a few new ways to put pieces together.

Edit:

Here's my favourite of the bunch so far:

(not final submission - and yeah, it's kind of cheating with the feet)

mrkgoo

Ok, I might call this my first submission (but maybe not final).

It's nothing super imaginative, but I really like the build.

VW Beetle!

(I'll try to take better pics once Ig et around to it)

I've also made a couple of modifications since taking the pics.

Hope people have their sets by now and are toying around with them.

fisheyes

I've got this idea I just can't perfect - like, its close to what I want, but not quite there. There's a couple of real obvious pieces that I'm surprised aren't in the set that would make it exactly how I want, but for whatever reason they're not there. Its tricky.

mrkgoo

I've got this idea I just can't perfect - like, its close to what I want, but not quite there. There's a couple of real obvious pieces that I'm surprised aren't in the set that would make it exactly how I want, but for whatever reason they're not there. Its tricky.

Yeah, it's really tough!

I just picked up a blue and yellow set. Affordable enough, and I got lucky because my bf's doctor appointment is right by the closest Lego store (like 60 miles away).

My entry: Heddy the Happy Dragon and Wheely the Sentient Segway. Wheely likes collecting wheels. Left over parts: none.

PAS9nEs.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
It's really hard to make something good with the blue or green using 100% of the pieces. I see someone already found the one possible good thing. :p

It's really hard to make something good with the blue or green using 100% of the pieces. I see someone already found the one possible good thing. :p

I used all but the extra eye on my train. I could always put it on the front, since trains usually have 3 lights on them. Is 100% use required for the contest?

mrkgoo

Just toying around - I was inspired by the Ninjago movie green dragon I just built...

this guy turned out more like a lizard...

So I got the chance to go back past the mall with the lego store and picked up the green and red sets. Those have some pretty fun pieces in them. I made the little aligator on the front of the box and put the big wheels on it, and started rolling it around the room. I can't wait till the contest is over so I can dump all the pieces together to make something.

Top Bottom