• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO |OT 3| Build Hard. Buy Fast. No Mercy.

So why does Benny seem so...not all there? Was he left out in space without oxygen for a while and now that he is back to Earth the brain damage has settled in? Or is that just my twisted mind making up a story for why he always seems a bit "off" in everything?

Benny is suffering from oxidation, basically when Lego gets left out too long in the air. His brain has clearly suffered.

Or maybe he's just a kid at heart?

Fxp

Had very productive and fun say with my LUG building almost all Movie sets. They're way better I imagined, so crazy and unpredictable.
Pics: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.646373375426971.1073741834.567335349997441&type=1
1620951_646374532093522_890341650_n.jpg

iuuk

SW 2014 Advent Calendar looks like the best one yet.

That Christmas Tree Droid looks amazing!

http://youtu.be/Dhqs7Y8-bi4
Look's great, but it feels kind of cheap that they're
redoing some of the old ships. I kind of want a miniature B-wing, no matter how cheap those miniatures are, I already have the Shuttle and Snow Speeder. These are better, but running out of ships to miniaturize could have been a great incentive to up their calendar game.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Started the process of reclaiming my Childhood LEGO and incorporating it into my collection. Picture of my first grab from my parent's attic.

12162862576_d2bbc96c08_c.jpg

ghostmind

Started the process of reclaiming my Childhood LEGO and incorporating it into my collection. Picture of my first grab from my parent's attic.

12162862576_d2bbc96c08_c.jpg

Oh wow... some of those look to be in nice quality. I like the Police Harbour set, the Airport and the Space Shuttle with carrier plane.

A few prelim updates...

Cargo Train - I think I`ll be getting this one:
http://youtu.be/trbT7B63YVk

Chima Phoenix Temple... not much temple in that set.
http://youtu.be/k2JSp0p97oQ

Friends Jungle Falls
http://youtu.be/Mf3l0IhgzGw

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
Oh wow... some of those look to be in nice quality. I like the Police Harbour set, the Airport and the Space Shuttle with carrier plane.

I have opened the smaller boxes so far to look over the stuff. A lot of dirty pieces that will need cleaned. Big bummer as I am finding that any tire piece that has been touching a normal plastic piece as melted it in the tire tread form. Hopefully this is minimal across all the sets.

Great. Just as my wife and I will probably move out of CT, it looks like a LEGO store will open in the mall across the street from where I currently work. The timing is so annoying.

Ryuuroden

None of the movie sets seem to be overpriced. Quite a few are just at or below the magical $.10 a piece mark, but most seem to be well below that.

It is really quite nice.

EDIT: I bought Lord Business's Lair the other night but havent opened it. I just looked at the parts on Brickset and saw this:
6054852.jpg

What in the? New part for 2014, and looks bonkers. Could be a big game changer for MOCs, much like this part:
6055313.jpg

Cool, its the magical letter "A" :D

Norfair

I have opened the smaller boxes so far to look over the stuff. A lot of dirty pieces that will need cleaned. Big bummer as I am finding that any tire piece that has been touching a normal plastic piece as melted it in the tire tread form. Hopefully this is minimal across all the sets.

Yeah I had the same problem with all the ones that were stored in my parents attic.

Calm Killer

Great. Just as my wife and I will probably move out of CT, it looks like a LEGO store will open in the mall across the street from where I currently work. The timing is so annoying.

Figures

I got Lord Business's Lair. Fun set, lots of neat little things. I especially like the glue ray and Bizniz-Kitty

Building the set right now. I love how Lord Business is like a modern day version of the Pinball Wizard from Tommy. And love the glittery cape on the luchador.

Did you check your new home for a lego store? You could plan your move around it ;)

We have no idea where we are going to end up. We just know it will probably not be CT. And it wont be until May or so. The LEGO store in CT will probably open summer or fall is my guess. Either way, wherever we go there will probably be a store nearby. We are aiming for CA.

Hello, Snowspeeder! Now give me a new UCS version.

Anyways, finished Lord Business's Lair. Pretty fun build, and a lot of great parts for MOCcing latter. That A-frame piece will be a game changer for modulars when I get enough bulk.

The figures are great as well. The stand out being Biznis Kitty, if that counts as a figure. And I did mess up and gave the luchador the glittery cape instead of the wizard. But it looks better on the luchador.

Second Movie set I have gotten, and it delivered. Not as awesome as Metalbeard, but still a good set.

neonglow

Some more links from tonight:

Snowspeeder
http://youtu.be/P7oriq3K4hM

Rebels Ghost
http://youtu.be/FWPM-NmRRDE

Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist
http://youtu.be/rUI6W7rRlzo

Chima Ice Vulture
http://youtu.be/T2enJuhgvOs

Ultra Agents sets almost seem like they would be interchangeable with the villain's vehicles from Ninjago. Toss in some ninjas and I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Those Star Wars Rebel sets are ugly. I wonder if they are much more preliminary than the OT sets. I hear someone theorize that when Disney cancelled the re-release of Eps 2 and 3 movies, it messed up all the toy companies plans for a bit. They didn't have a roadmap to release for awhile. I think LEGO had to scramble and that's why the majority of OT sets look very similar to past versions like the B-wing and AT-AT.

ghostmind

And didn't Ghostmind say it is a rumored Marcos Bessa set? Or was that wishful thinking?

Bessa had announced that he had an early-2014 set to reveal, but that turned out to be the Simpsons House, which was revealed (and sold) far earlier than most had thought.

Not saying the Sandcrawler won't be a Bessa set, but that was the rumor back then, when it was thought that the Sandcrawler would be that early 2014 set.

I was in the thread neonglow linked to, trying to get some more info from the poster, in order to get some validity to his claim, before I posted it here.

If it really is $350, then I am hoping for a big set, with lots of detail, a bunch of minifigs, and the Lars Homestead hopefully as well (and some Sandpeople with a Bantha would be icing on the cake).

mrkgoo

Is there a nice online guide to advanced lego building techniques? I mean I know they're out there, like I've seen people use lots of stud-not-on-top designs based around a ball, for example, and there must be many more crazy stuff out there (like I saw one which had you wedge those cheese slops into the bottom so you could put two bricks bottom-to-bottom (I originally had a more colourful description).

ghostmind

So maybe the UCS Sandcrawler will be from whatever his name is that did the Red Five X-Wing or Imperial Shuttle.

I'm not convinced that it is a UCS set... more like the Ewok Village or Death Star. Then again, the Death Star was called UCS by LEGO, so I'm not sure what the criteria are any more.

There will be a UCS set in the fall - Slave I.

EDIT: In the Simpsons designer video there are people we haven't seen videos from yet. A group of three designers (Sea Cow maybe), and one older guy, who I don't recognize.

vr1HNQl.jpg

4PJDA7b.jpg

wetwired

One of the guys at work gave me a bunch of lego that his kids have grown out of, most of it seems to bionicle pieces, I really have no idea what to do with them as they don't appear particularly useful for MOCs. Lots of ball joint and armament type pieces with large torso sections and I have no idea how the heads are supposed to attach, there's a ton of them and most of them have a tiny little whole that doesn't appear to fit any pieces I can find. Anyone with bionicle experience know how they work?

I think the heads generally have a cross pin that can be connected to a more standard ball joint piece. But I haven't touched my Bionicle stuff in years so I'm not sure.

Calm Killer

Does the set have to belong to the 10000 series to be a UCS? 75*** would not count correct?

We have no idea where we are going to end up. We just know it will probably not be CT. And it wont be until May or so. The LEGO store in CT will probably open summer or fall is my guess. Either way, wherever we go there will probably be a store nearby. We are aiming for CA.

All three major cities in CA have LEGO stores. LA has 5!

More BL stuff arrived, including Cinderella and Ariel. Ariel will stick around for now, until I find a need for her hair, but Cinderella was immediately taken apart. Just with a new head, hair, sword and cape she's a pretty good version of my character but I'll probably customize further.

It would be awesome if it did. I live in Oakland and work in downtown SF and would love it if they had one in SF.

Completely agree, I just don't know which are the three major cities he is talking about when SF doesn't have one (althought it seems there are three in the southbay).

rallaren

8964 Titanium Command Rig
8961 Crystal Sweeper

Done with Power Miners. Both cool sets, the right one cost 2 euros more than the left and has a great mechanic. No idea about sales but play wise I think it could have had another wave or one more big set atleast.

Top Bottom