• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's speculate: Will Ubisoft have a "Wow!" game for this year's E3?

sjay1994

Yves said that they will have a game that will "blow the division and watch dogs reveal out of the water".

Can't wait for the e3 GAF thread where people herald that game as something new and exciting, and then begin to hate on it close to launch.

Just like watch dogs and the division.

EBE

Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots
Legend-Of-Zelda-Wand-Of-Gamelon.jpg

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
If they show a certain game they win all E3s forever.
Obviously I'm talking about Beyond Good and Evil 2. I know it. This'll be the year, trust me. I...it...it has to be right? Right! RIGHT!

sjay1994

Maybe a prince of persia comeback?

Probably hoping for to much.

Confirmed suspects are Division, Crew, Assassins Creed and Far Cry.

Also Aisha Tyler will be hosting again, and we will all complain about her and mock everyone who stands next to her because Aisha is tall.

But Yves did say they have a game saved for this e3 that will "blow Watch Dogs and Division out of the water".

So there is that.

RdN

I don't think they'll have a new franchise.. Specially with The Division and The Crew coming (and fresh off WatchDogs).

Now, I do expect them to show Far Cry 4 with their trademark "bullshit" graphics. But what I really want is to Rainbow Six: Patriots to resurface. That'd make me very happy.

Vinc

I think Far Cry will be their big new game to show, and I think The Crew will have a strong show, with The Division getting a more in-depth "re-reveal" of sorts. Unity will most likely have a strong show as well, the game looks promising.

whoszed

Too early for Far Cry 4? They have really strong tech that you could probably upscale nicely for new gen so maybe the next Far Cry is on the horizon. Could be a really cool game.

whoszed

And hey, if they wanna go all out crazy and just kill it then a fantastic showing of Beyond Good & Evil 2 would just about do that.

Man, that would be really nice, but it's a long shot sadly.

Kinyou

Probably a sequel to an already established IP. I don't think that will wow us as much as the Watch_Dogs or The Division since it will simply lack the surprise effect that those two had

Jagsrock

Banned
I'm sure they'll tease something that looks unbelievable good set to release late late 2015 and we all know what will happen between now and then.

NotUS

Quietly hoping for a next gen only, open world Ghost Recon.

I'd also like to see them try their hand at a massive sandbox first person shooter to give Battlefield a run for its money. Hand to hand combat in a cities the size of Assassins Creed, and open warfare once you get out of the city in the forest areas.

sjay1994

Ubisoft lost all my respect. From now on I will not believe anything they say OR show, until there is definitive proof that what they will show OR say is both real (=running on actual hardware) and true.

This year I'm not even gonna watch their E3 presentation.

You think they care about "your respect" for them? What? They are soul less because their game "doesn't look as pretty?" (Which is total BS, that PC stuff looked amazing)

Not to mention that ubisoft never told anyone back at e3 2012 what watch dogs was running on. Hell people were saying that the game was probably running on a high end pc back in 2012.

Or the fact people can't comprehend the fact that e3 demos are small vertical slices of a game, and in order to show case it in the best possible way they do so in a visually spectacular manner so they pick out a pretty section if the game is linear, or they turn up all the ambient effects when its open world.

Not to mention the PC video looks gorgeous, but all the GAF hate is nitpicking things like bricks, or how there is no train splashing.

And now, people are bashing on division and crew, despite AT E3 both games claimed they were always online back then, the crew still looks like what it did at e3, but people are still screaming DOWNGRADE. And we have seen the division engine.

Only on GAF is there so much condensed hate for watch dogs, because as it seems, all it takes to win most people over is to show them pretty pictures. You didn't judge watch dogs for the gameplay it showed back then, and is still there. You didn't judge the games focus on AI that it showed back then and is still there.

Instead you and a lot of people on GAF focused on graphics, and if thats all people really care about, just get a suped up PC.

I doubt there is another new IP considering we have Watch_Dogs, The Crew, and The Division, though I wonder if they will show Ghost Recon Future Soldier 2, I'd love if they revived the old concept of GRFS TRUE AWESOMENESS, now that could be a very neat surprise.

Also there was a Ghost Recon game for Vita, called Final Mission
Ghost_Recon__Final_Mission_42935.jpg

EGOMON

I have a feeling they will announce PS4 exclusive AAA title, their relationship with Sony is better than ever and with PS4 leading the new-gen i think Ubi will have no problem siding with them

XIII-2

I still feel upset about the cliffhanger.

I'm still bitter we didn't get a sequel. I get that it didn't sell all that well, but since when has that stopped Ubi from releasing sequels?

We even got a sequel to Naruto for goodness sake, but they couldn't give up a sequel to this amazing game.

Jawmuncher

Only thing that will WOW me is a new Prince of Persia game that's as good as Sands of Time. PoP2008 had the potential but the simplified mechanics among others things held it from greatness.

If Splinter Cell 7 I'll freak out. Blacklist was the balls. More likely Far Cry 4 or Blood Dragon is a thing now.

Edit. Prince of Persia. How could I forget. It's been so long they literally made me forget. It's time to bring it back to give a break from the creed.

Some Nobody

Right now they have to worry about making sure Watch_Dogs is good, since it comes out like two weeks before E3.

IF that's decent, then afterwards they get to hype:

- The Crew
- The Division
- Assassin's Creed: Comet
- Assassin's Creed: Unity

Now admittedly, that's all of four games so there's certainly room for a surprise, especially since otherwise that basically confirms all of their E3 games (lol Division) for a 2014 release. It'd definitely be better if they showed us SOMETHING to get hyped for for 2015.

Ballthyrm

BGE II is not happening because maths, ubi montpellier has two team , the one that did Zombi and the one that does rayman (michel ancel team). The michel team has been working on the rayman game for the past 3 years so it means whatever they had been working on it is not up to date anymore so they have to scrap it and start over. it means next gen console , new engine for the game and all that crap. it means the team has to rea asssert itself to new tools and new expectation , so if it ever comes out , it will be in 4 years minimum ...

Jb

Far Cry 4 is a given.
If the Lord is pleased with his subjects we might learn what Montpellier is working on next.
Dare I say Beyong Good & Evil 2?

Top Bottom