• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lets talk about Sonys First Party Studios and their upcoming Projects

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016 is looking pretty stacked on paper. E3 is soon, should get a good roadmap in a few months.

This doesn't make any sense, what does including The Order and LBP3 (both owned properties and trademarks by Sony) have to do with Ryse, DR3, Magic 2015 and Dance Central? (None of those are property of Microsoft)
Fine would you rather I say just Ori, Screamride, Zoo Tycoon and Killer Instinct? All MS owned IP/trademarks there. I can get my point across ether way.

I don't wish to derail this topic though, just felt I needed to point out that there were inconsistencies.

2thepoint

I love Shuhei as a personality, but as head of WWS, he truly is doing a very poor job - Phil Harrison did a much better job.

I know games should be given as much time as possible to shine (re Uncharted 4), but for god sake, he has made some unbelievably dumb choices/left gaping holes in crucial holiday lineups.

- Puppeteer and Rain left to die on PS3 when they should have been launch titles for PS4.

- Ratchet and Clank: Into The Nexus should have went PS4.

- Gran Turismo 6 bombing on PS3 - should have been a PS4 title.

- Driveclub being catastrophic from a development standpoint - delays, online not working etc, PS Plus edition delays.

- Gutting Sony Santa Monica after leaving a large triple A project fester and run into millions, all of which lost.

- Killzone: Shadowfall, Knack, and The Order: 1886 receiving middling review scores.

I'd even go as far as saying God of War: Ascension and Beyond: Two Souls should have been PS4 titles.

The Last Guardian - enough said there.

Green lighting Playstation All-Stars garbage.

- SCE Liverpool gutted and closed - working on PS4 Wipeout & stealth IP - CANCELLED.
- Zipper - gutted and closed - new PS4 title - CANCELLED.
- Sony London - triple A studio turned to shit - The Getaway 3/ Eight Days - CANCELLED.

He is responsible for 1st party development within Sony and he is doing an awful job, imo - the only saving grace would be green lighting The Last of Us.

Shouldn`t we wait and judge on Yoshida & his work after this generation? In 2-3 Years it might look entirely different and people praise Yoshida as the best.

1. I think Yoshida had a large Share on the Bloodborne Deal. In the past he expressed how wrong it was to not publish DES in the west and how he wants another game with Fromsoftware

Generally i think Yoshida has big influence on the exklusive deals with japanese Games. That huge Japano Rpg from Sony japan?

I dont know if a western CEO would do the same, but it looks like Yoshida is pushing Sony Japan and Playstations First party portfolio in Japan

2.KZ Shadowfall wasn't GG best game, but we shouldn't forget that they are working on another Major IP since 2010. KZ was rushed out more or less to have a major IP as a Lauch Game.

What if Horizon (their RPG Game) turns out to be a huge sucess, thanks to Yoshida letting GG work on a completely new Genre

3. I think after spending so many years on Gran Turismo 5, it would be a big waste to not bring another GT Game on PS3 with that Engine (its the same right`?)

4.Driveclub had major problems at launch --> but over the months it turned out to be a great game which is getting continuous new updates and content.
Also it had pretty great sales

5. What if it was inevitable for Sony to cancel that SSM IP? Better cancel it, before it makes more Problems

6. The Last Guardian is in development for Ps4 and according to Verendus it will launch sometime in 2016.
If it turns out to be great game, i dont see any problems here. Same with Final Fantasy 15

naib

Can't wait for new HSG/MNG. I'll import that bad boy, again.

Still kinda optimistic about Trico. But hoping for the best, expecting the worst. Too painful to worry about.

Edit:
Is there no hope for a new WipEout? That would be a travesty.

2thepoint

Shouldn`t we wait and judge on Yoshida & his work after this generation? In 2-3 Years it might look entirely different and people praise Yoshida as the best.

1. I think Yoshida had a large Share on the Bloodborne Deal. In the past he expressed how wrong it was to not publish DES in the west and how he wants another game with Fromsoftware

Generally i think Yoshida has big influence on the exklusive deals with japanese Games. That huge Japano Rpg from Sony japan?

I dont know if a western CEO would do the same, but it looks like Yoshida is pushing Sony Japan and Playstations First party portfolio in Japan

2.KZ Shadowfall wasn't GG best game, but we shouldn't forget that they are working on another Major IP since 2010. KZ was rushed out more or less to have a major IP as a Lauch Game.

What if Horizon (their RPG Game) turns out to be a huge sucess, thanks to Yoshida letting GG work on a completely new Genre

3. I think after spending so many years on Gran Turismo 5, it would be a big waste to not bring another GT Game on PS3 with that Engine (its the same right`?)

4.Driveclub had major problems at launch --> but over the months it turned out to be a great game which is getting continuous new updates and content.

5. What if it was inevitable for Sony to cancel that SSM IP? Better cancel it, before it makes more Problems

6. The Last Guardian is in development for Ps4 and according to Verendus it will launch sometime in 2016.
If it turns out to be great game, i dont see any problems here. Same with Final Fantasy 15

Well, he will get the benefit of the doubt for now.

But Sony really has to start announcing the bombs from WWS.

Bloodborne is just not enough to carry PS4 through 2015 on the exclusive front.

There has to be something replacing Uncharted 4 - a remastered collection is likely, but I'm talking triple A here.

2016 is looking pretty stacked on paper. E3 is soon, should get a good roadmap in a few months.

Fine would you rather I say just Ori, Screamride, Zoo Tycoon and Killer Instinct? All MS owned IP/trademarks there. I can get my point across ether way.

I don't wish to derail this topic though, just felt I needed to point out that there were inconsistencies.

Yes much better.

There has to be something replacing Uncharted 4 - a remastered collection is likely, but I'm talking triple A here.

Well, actually it is enough for Sony. This isn't the PS3 anymore, people keep thinking it is but the PS4 is another beast entirely.

Sony doesn't need that many first party games from a business stand point, look at the 360 for evidence.

Of course as gamers, we want more and its our right but people need to stop thinking Sony is in trouble without some exclusives to pad their lists, they really don't. Honestly, what does the competition have either? Xbone has two holiday games and nothing until then. Sony has a few smaller games coming from now until the holidays and probably 1-2 unannounced games.

I'm sure Sony would be more than happy to build up a lead until the holidays where MS gets all desperate, heavily drops the price of their console and throws in free games just to get back on an even playground in the US. Sonys weakest territory and MS's strongest. No doubt they would take that deal.

2thepoint

Well, actually it is enough for Sony. This isn't the PS3 anymore, people keep thinking it is but the PS4 is another beast entirely.

Sony doesn't need that many first party games from a business stand point, look at the 360 for evidence.

Of course as gamers, we want more and its our right but people need to stop thinking Sony is in trouble without some exclusives to pad their lists, they really don't. Honestly, what does the competition have either? Xbone has two holiday games and nothing until then. Sony has a few smaller games coming from now until the holidays and probably 1-2 unannounced games.

I'm sure Sony would be more than happy to build up a lead until the holidays where MS gets all desperate, heavily drops the price of their console and throws in free games just to get back on an even playground in the US. Sonys weakest territory and MS's strongest. No doubt they would take that deal.

Well, from an opposing standpoint, Sony garnered a huge amount of goodwill from PS3 owners who upgraded early on to PS4 because of the precedent established by WWS releasing a vast quantity of quality exclusives over the complete course of the generation (unlike Xbox).

So, if they begin to become complacent, only relying on a few big games because their sales are so good, it will come back to viciously bite them in the ass when PS5 comes ringing - because right now, were in Year 2 and Bloodborne is the closest thing to a must have, which is completely unacceptable considering the gems that released in previous generations by that point.

Sony is pivoting Playstation as an integral part of Sony, what with Music/Video Unlimited being rebranded to Playstation Music / Video respectively - but what I fail to see is proper investment in the core business. PS Plus is injecting huge amounts of cash into Sony, but there seems to be hardly any of those funds being given to Playstation.

- PSN is still experiencing major downtimes (Xmas 2014) and is unreliable, despite it's vast importance to the Playstation ecosystem.

- The recent WWS trend seems to be closing (Zipper, SCE Liverpool) / downsizing or having layoffs at studios which could have at least shipped games and padded out release schedules or whole new acquisitions to strengthen WWS and exclusive output.

- new AAA-2nd party partnerships, or adding new teams or satellite studios to increase title output for the super group of Naughty Dog / Santa Monica / Sucker Punch / Polyphony Digital.

- Bolstering the development capacity of the entire WWS organisation by adding teams to the European, North American, and Japanese arms - how much would it cost to set up a new studio in Canada, UK, France, Japan or other countries with favorable tax incentives and plenty of talent. PixelOpus is the only thing that resembles that idea and that studio is not exactly large by any stretch of the word.

I just feel a distinct lack of investment and some complacency compared to the introduction / launch of PS4 where they executed a masterclass in launching a new product - it feels like the profits generated by PS4 and PS Plus are not being adequately invested back into SCE and are just being redistributed throughout the company to increase the bottom line and mask just how terribly other crap divisions like TV are doing, at the expense of Playstation.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
2thepoint, I think you have massive misconceptions how this stuff works. Using words like "dumb choices" and talking about not working servers in Driveclub or the criminal attacks in December on PSN.

Also I don't understand the part about the "trend to downsize" when by all accounts the studios that are still around were all hiring more and more people with one studio moving to facilitate this.

Huh, I didn't use the words ''bad choices''.
My mistake. The actual words are "dumb choices". Edited.

2thepoint

2thepoint, I think you have massive misconceptions how this stuff works. Using words like "bad choices" and talking about not working servers in Driveclub or the criminal attacks in December on PSN.

Also I don't understand the part about the "trend to downsize" when by all accounts the studios that are still around were all hiring more and more people with one studio moving to facilitate this.

Huh, I didn't use the words ''bad choices''.

But anyway, Driveclub should not have shipped until these issues were resolved (even though it was delayed by a year, which is laughable in itself) - that is gross incompetence on the part of Evolution, WWS executives, marketing, and Shuhei Yoshida as WWS head.

The criminal attacks in December were unavoidable, but the severity of the downtime could have been somewhat mitigated if they had a better overall system in place like Xbox Live.

In regards to downsizing, Zipper/SCE Liverpool/BigBig (not a massive loss, but still a loss) are gone, Sony London is a shell compared to the past, and studios such as Evolution, Sucker Punch, Santa Monica had layoffs, all while Japan is still twiddling it's thumbs 8 years later with The Last Guardian.

Shin-Ra

I'd love to know why Ratchet Redux doesn't count, especially as you mentioned Into the Nexus being something that would've been a worthy PS4 title.

2thepoint

I'd love to know why Ratchet Redux doesn't count, especially as you mentioned Into the Nexus being something that would've been a worthy PS4 title.

Because we cannot time travel as of yet.

I was talking about the first 6 months of PS4 lifecycle.

Ratchet Redux will come (hopefully) in the 2nd year of the console's lifecycle.

Shin-Ra

I was talking about the first 6 months of PS4 lifecycle.

Ratchet Redux will come (hopefully) in the 2nd year of the console's lifecycle.
So you're saying Redux isn't coming this year?

If GT6 and other titles had been delayed to improve them to a high PS4 quality you'd probably be asking why they're taking so long. You've created a no-win situation.

2thepoint

So you're saying Redux isn't coming this year?

If GT6 and other titles had been delayed to improve them to a high PS4 quality you'd probably be asking why they're taking so long. You've created a no-win situation.

I am hopeful that Redux will come this year, and it will barring Insomniac shutting down.

GT6 and others wouldn't need to have suffered delays to be refit for PS4 (either at launch or first 6 months) if the decisions were prudently made in time.

Shin-Ra

GT6 and others wouldn't need to have suffered delays to be refit for PS4 (either at launch or first 6 months) if the decisions were prudently made in time.
You have no idea what GT6's feature set and rendering quality target would've been targeting PS4 and if they'd have hit those targets in time.

...but apparently you can travel to alternative timelines.

How did Rain do on PS3 by the way?

2thepoint

You have no idea what GT6's feature set and rendering quality target would've been targeting PS4 and if they'd have hit those targets in time.

...but apparently you can travel to alternative timelines.

What?

GT6 could have been shipped as is on PS4 and it would have sold over 1 million easily.

Just being curious, how big Polyphony Digital are? I really wonder what takes them so long to make a new Gran Turismo game. GT 5 came out in 2010 and GT 6 cam out in 2013. So GT game has 3-year development cycle. But with only two years, Turn 10 can make a new Forza game. I know Polyphony want to use more time to polish their game, but I still think that they should pull out their new game more quickly to rival their counterpart.

Just being curious, how big Polyphony Digital are? I really wonder what takes them so long to make a new Gran Turismo game. GT 5 came out in 2010 and GT 6 cam out in 2013. So GT game has 3-year development cycle. But with only two years, Turn 10 need only two years to make a new Forza game. I know Polyphony want to use more time to polish their game, but I still think that they should pull out their new game more quickly to rival their counterpart.

140, according to Wikipedia. I know Turn 10 have more employees, but they also use outsourcing, which PD won't do, which leads to much longer turn around times.

Unless there's a direct change in PD's operations, nothing will change and considering GT is STILL a licence to print money, it seems unlikely to change,

2thepoint

You seem pretty damn sure GT6 would have turned out well as an early PS4 title so you must have seen it all happen.

It's called common sense.

You don't need to be Nostradamus to know that it would have sold better on PS4, you know, because the last generation was winding down considerably at that point.

Shin-Ra

You don't need to be Nostradamus to know that it would have sold better on PS4, you know, because the last generation was winding down considerably at that point.
If the game turned out rushed to hit that launch period, people would've bought it anyway and not lost any respect for PD/GT?

You're making a lot of assumptions.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

And now we know you're just having a laugh.

There are publishers that are planning on doing cross-platform games in Fall 2015 while it should have been obvious that in Fall 2013 Gran Turismo would have had a higher than 1:1 attach rate on the PS4.

What's the difference between GT6 and GTA5 that makes one so obviously common sense to not release on PS3 and the other the most successful title on the platform?

2thepoint

If the game turned out really rushed to hit that launch period, people would've bought it anyway and not lost any respect for PD/GT?

You're making a lot of assumptions.

So, if pre-production began in late 2010/early 2011 for GT6, you're saying that 3 years of dev time between then and launch of the console is not enough time for PD to get a PS4 title ready? - which would have served SCE well as they could have delayed Driveclub, which they already did, and still have a racer for launch to soak in sales.

2thepoint

And now we know you're just having a laugh.

There are publishers that are planning on doing cross-platform games in Fall 2015 while it should have been obvious that in Fall 2013 Gran Turismo would have had a higher than 1:1 attach rate on the PS4.

What's the difference between GT6 and GTA5 that makes one so obviously common sense to not release on PS3 and the other the most successful title on the platform?

What's laughable is comparing Gran Turismo 6 to GTA of all things - if that's the case, how come Gran Turismo 6 didn't sell as well as Gran Turismo 5, even with a much higher installbase, like GTA V did against GTA IV?

I know publishers are still releasing cross gen games this Fall, but can you name one upcoming cross gen game on PS3/Xbox 360 that will outsell it's new gen counterpart?

Shin-Ra

So, if pre-production began in late 2010/early 2011 for GT6, you're saying that 3 years of dev time between then and launch of the console is not enough time for PD to get a PS4 title ready? - which would have served SCE well as they could have delayed Driveclub, which they already did, and still have a racer for launch to soak in sales.
Starting after GT5 shipped, Polyphony would've been in a whole world of hurt switching to physically based rendering which is crucial moving forward, efficiently creating realistic materials that react convincingly to changing light conditions.

We'd probably have gotten very safe, 'tween-generation graphics and features, "not next-gen enough."

But anyway, Driveclub should not have shipped until these issues were resolved (even though it was delayed by a year, which is laughable in itself) - that is gross incompetence on the part of Evolution, WWS executives, marketing, and Shuhei Yoshida as WWS head.

The problem with DriveClub's networking system was completely undetected pre-launch. How are they supposed to delay a game to fix a problem they don't know exists?

Well, from an opposing standpoint, Sony garnered a huge amount of goodwill from PS3 owners who upgraded early on to PS4 because of the precedent established by WWS releasing a vast quantity of quality exclusives over the complete course of the generation (unlike Xbox).
You mean to tell me the generation is longer than a couple of years? Consider me legit shook.

So, if they begin to become complacent, only relying on a few big games because their sales are so good, it will come back to viciously bite them in the ass when PS5 comes ringing - because right now, were in Year 2 and Bloodborne is the closest thing to a must have, which is completely unacceptable considering the gems that released in previous generations by that point.
People said the same thing about the PS3. Resistance, Uncharted and R&C would all be talked down, while Genji 2, Heavenly Sword and Lair would be mocked. Same shit, different generation. It wasn't until 2009 that people stopped talking shit and acknowledged that the PS3 had a great lineup of exclusives.

The criminal attacks in December were unavoidable, but the severity of the downtime could have been somewhat mitigated if they had a better overall system in place like Xbox Live.

Got a source for that? Sounds like you're just making shit up.

I am hopeful that Redux will come this year, and it will barring Insomniac shutting down.

lol. What is this based on? Your spidey-senses? Tales from your ass? Polyphony are never going to release a game within the first year of launch, you're delusional if you think otherwise. It doesn't matter if they had started development in 2010, it's not until the last year that they've got final specs and the last 6 or so months that they've got proper development kits and tools so it doesn't matter how long they've been in development, they'll still be rushing for launch. If anything I think your idea is more likely to result in a GT5-style development clusterfuck than an actual launch title.

Just being curious, how big Polyphony Digital are? I really wonder what takes them so long to make a new Gran Turismo game. GT 5 came out in 2010 and GT 6 cam out in 2013. So GT game has 3-year development cycle. But with only two years, Turn 10 can make a new Forza game. I know Polyphony want to use more time to polish their game, but I still think that they should pull out their new game more quickly to rival their counterpart.

Polyphony Digital: 110-140 (Polyphony site says 110, SCEWWS site says 140)
Turn 10: As of Forza 4, 70-400+ (they hire a shitload of contractors at peak, then lay them off after the game ships)

The problem with DriveClub's networking system was completely undetected pre-launch. How are they supposed to delay a game to fix a problem they don't know exists?

Spidey-senses.

I know publishers are still releasing cross gen games this Fall, but can you name one upcoming cross gen game on PS3/Xbox 360 that will outsell it's new gen counterpart?

Probably Rise of The Tomb Raider on Xbox 360 because...

1) PC Players
2) PS4 Players
3) Low Xbox One Install Base

2thepoint

You mean to tell me the generation is longer than a couple of years? Consider me legit shook.

People said the same thing about the PS3. Resistance, Uncharted and R&C would all be talked down, while Genji 2, Heavenly Sword and Lair would be mocked. Same shit, different generation. It wasn't until 2009 that people stopped talking shit and acknowledged that the PS3 had a great lineup of exclusives.

Got a source for that? Sounds like you're just making shit up.

lol. What is this based on? Your spidey-senses? Tales from your ass? Polyphony are never going to release a game within the first year of launch, you're delusional if you think otherwise. It doesn't matter if they had started development in 2010, it's not until the last year that they've got final specs and the last 6 or so months that they've got proper development kits and tools so it doesn't matter how long they've been in development, they'll still be rushing for launch. If anything I think your idea is more likely to result in a GT5-style development clusterfuck than an actual launch title.

Polyphony Digital: 110-140 (Polyphony site says 110, SCEWWS site says 140)
Turn 10: As of Forza 4, 70-400+ (they hire a shitload of contractors at peak, then lay them off after the game ships)

Spidey-senses.

You seem to be getting very riled up because of me simply stating my own opinion on the state of WWS - I am not attempting to be condescending to you the same way you are to me by dismissing what I'm saying with childish remarks such as ''Spidey senses'' or ''tales from your ass'' so I'd appreciate some common courtesy in the discussion.

All I'm stating is I feel GT6 should have been a PS4 title, and at the very least, a cross gen title. If you don't agree with that, that's fine, but don't resort to being insulting.

I'm sure they'll announce bombs, but probably not for this year.

The Order may have been disappointing, but Bloodborne looks to be one of the games of the year and I'm pretty damn excited for some of the smaller games as well, Rime in particular. Sure, I would have loved Uncharted 4 this year, but not if it would have meant a rushed release like Driveclub. Besides, it's not like there won't be any games to play anyway.

By the end of 2016 we might say that Sony has a couple of stellar exclusives. Patience is a virtue and all that.

TomShoe

Banned
Anything under 90+ Metacritic is trash and unacceptable I say, UNACCEPTABLE!!!

Sony needs to get on the ball, if they don't have at least 3 GOTYs by the end of the year I'm trading in my PS4

Turkoop

Banned

Yoshida has done a great job, he listened and tried to show us the games that we want
He's also a gamer, he knows which games we want etc

You're sure that GG starte 2010 to develop Horizon ?

Driveclub's launch was dissapointing, many features missing + server issues
but now its great, many new features, devs listened to us and server are better.
I hope Sony still trust them.

I'm sure we'll see TLG this year at E3

After reading a few pages. I'm left wondering why some people are saying Sony has no major first party IP's for later this year without at least waiting until E3. C'mon people.

delSai

I know this is being said every year, but i'm positive TLG will show up at E3 this year.
Even if not, i know i wont be disappointed :p

The only thing i really want to see there is Horizon. And Playstation Allstars 2. :(

2thepoint said:

Sure, which Shuhei Yoshida was responsible for. You're saying that he's brilliant at his job and awful at his job in the same breath.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
- Puppeteer and Rain left to die on PS3 when they should have been launch titles for PS4.

I'd even go as far as saying God of War: Ascension and Beyond: Two Souls should have been PS4 titles.

So basically, PS3 should have been left to rot. The bitching would have been enormous if Sony stopped supporting the PS3 like that.

The God

The one where somebody made predictions about what was coming to Sony platforms. Somebody who's made good predictions before. I wish I remembered their name!

this one?
I can't wait to match my post to the 108 Stars of Destiny? It's fate Psycho.

1. New Suikoden game in the works now. This one is very far off though as it's a recent thing as far as I know. I'd think 2016 is the earliest we start hearing stuff about it.

2. Superman is looking to make his triumphant return to video games, in a non-fighting game this time.

3. New Virtua Fighter game to come.

4. Good news for some PC MGS fans, there are plans from the top to bring the HD collection to PC. Not that anyone isn't expecting that, I'm sure.

5. On the back of that, FFXII HD on current gen is basically confirmed at this point. As is one of the older Dragon Quest titles in HD (I've genuinely forgot which number though since it's been a while). In addition to that, there is a spin-off Final Fantasy title planned for consoles. Not big budget. Not FFX or FF7 in case people take it there. Not a traditional RPG either.

6. For you, thou shall bring a Xenosaga HD collection. I'm also looking forward to this as I've never played them. Took a whole lotta tryin' just to get up that hill. Now we're up in the big leagues, gettin' our turn at bat. As long as we live, it's you and me, baby.

7. You will start to hear about digital revivals of some old IPs in the next one to two years. Playstation and otherwise.

8. Another unnamed IP which is coming to Playstation exclusively from Sega should hopefully be announced next year. It's had teething issues which seems to be making it take longer than I thought, as have most other projects on current gen to be fair from the looks of it, but I'm happy to mention it again because it looks like we might finally get an announcement next year. I'm hoping at least. This one's not a fighting game.

9. Third Person IP which is big budget is coming and it's set in the Indian subcontinent. Mentioning this because I feel it's quite notable something big is going this route. I don't think I've ever seen a big title in this kind of setting. I find it very surprising, but also very exciting. Western developed.

10. Japanese new IP which is set in...Japan. Third person action adventure title with monsters and machines. Might have RPG elements, not too sure on that unfortunately. Futurisitic setting. Playstation exclusive.

Now for more something which is what you would say is a tease but actually makes perfect sense:

11. A new game which will be a pretty big deal, I'm sure.

12. An old game, which will be somewhat of a big deal I guess.

We should have news on all of the above over the coming 2 years I'd think. There's one or two "twists" here and there where one may not like what happens, but it's all true. I honestly think this is going to be an amazing generation.

Melchiah

Driveclub, Resogun, and Infamous:SS+FL are all must-haves in every sense of the word. In comparison, the PS3 had only RFOM and MotorStorm, perhaps R&CF:TOD if you fancy platformers, in the same timeframe. If you don't fancy the PS4 must-haves, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I love Shuhei as a personality, but as head of WWS, he truly is doing a very poor job - Phil Harrison did a much better job.

I know games should be given as much time as possible to shine (re Uncharted 4), but for god sake, he has made some unbelievably dumb choices/left gaping holes in crucial holiday lineups.

- Driveclub being catastrophic from a development standpoint - delays, online not working etc, PS Plus edition delays.

- Gutting Sony Santa Monica after leaving a large triple A project fester and run into millions, all of which lost.

- Killzone: Shadowfall, Knack, and The Order: 1886 receiving middling review scores.

The Last Guardian - enough said there.

Green lighting Playstation All-Stars garbage.

- SCE Liverpool gutted and closed - working on PS4 Wipeout & stealth IP - CANCELLED.
- Zipper - gutted and closed - new PS4 title - CANCELLED.
- Sony London - triple A studio turned to shit - The Getaway 3/ Eight Days - CANCELLED.

He is responsible for 1st party development within Sony and he is doing an awful job, imo - the only saving grace would be green lighting The Last of Us.

You missed out on God of War 2 being a PS2 title, which dealt a massive blow to the PS3 in its very first year.

Does anyone have a collection of Verendus's hints? I want see how much of that has actually happened.

Verendus hints that turned out to be true: ( i didnt remember all of them)

- Said FF Versus will become a next Gen Game and renamed into FF 15 ( it was in 2013 and other Insiders didnt believe him -)

- said Dragon Quest will come back to the Playstation - DQ Heroes

- he talked about an exklusive Capcom Game for the Ps4 in 2013 - Street Fighter 5

- said Sony Japan will release a RPG for the Core Fans in 2013 - Bloodborne

- teased a Devil May Cry Remaster in 2014

- teased a new FF Spinnoff coming to Consoles, which wont be an RPG Game --> FF Dissidia

Most of his indications however are meant to be revelead in the next years.

Verendus hints that turned out to be true: ( i didnt remember all of them)

- Said FF Versus will become a next Gen Game and renamed into FF 15 ( it was in 2013 and other Insiders didnt believe him - especially Thuway)

- said Dragon Quest will come back to the Playstation - DQ Heroes

- he talked about an exklusive Capcom Game for the Ps4 in 2013 - Street Fighter 5

- said Sony Japan will release a RPG for the Core Fans in 2013 - Bloodborne

- teased a Devil May Cry Remaster in 2014

- teased a new FF Spinnoff coming to Consoles, which wont be an RPG Game --> FF Dissidia

Most of his indications however are meant to be revelead in the next years.

Hinted at DDO and got Yakuza 5 localisation correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom