• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBT Republicans defend Trump’s first 100 days with delusions. (USDA Prime I got mine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-100-days-lgbt-republicans-6f6e2de5b22

Speaking to the Washington Blade, LCR president Gregory T. Angelo shrugged off the so-called “non-troversies” about anti-LGBT actions the Trump administration has taken, calling them “fundraising ploys to rile up dejected LGBT liberals still reeling from Hillary Clinton’s loss.”

When asked to grade Trump’s first 100 days, Angelo gave Trump an A-. All of the other LGBT organizations the Blade spoke to gave him an F.

In a New York Times op-ed Thursday, Angelo also insisted, “Trump isn’t anti-LGBT.” His brief explanation why includes a fairly short list of things Trump either hasn’t changed from the status quo or hasn’t done yet.

Angelo’s comments to the Blade and Times this week follow his recent profile on WNYC’s new queer-themed podcast Nancy. In those interviews, he boasts that LCR has the ear of the Trump administration and stands to be a bigger influence than the other LGBT groups that don’t want to work with the administration at all.

When BuzzFeed’s Dominic Holden called Angelo to ask about whether LCR had expressed concern when the Trump administration rescinded the federal guidance protecting transgender students, all Angelo could offer was, “We’ve certainly expressed our opposition to it.” He claimed “there wasn’t sufficient time that we had to push back on this that would’ve been effective,” even though Vice President Mike Pence promised the guidance would go away way back in October — before the election even took place. “We have communicated with the administration and let them know that we are disappointed in this decision to rescind the guidance. I don’t know what else we can do at this point.”

Crabs in the bucket, goddamn crabs in the bucket

When asked to grade Trump's first 100 days, Angelo gave Trump an A-. All of the other LGBT organizations the Blade spoke to gave him an F.

giphy.gif

This guy is a fool

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
“We have communicated with the administration and let them know that we are disappointed in this decision to rescind the guidance. I don’t know what else we can do at this point.”

It's almost like they have just as much influence on the administration as every other LGBT+ group after all.

Like I said in my fallacy topic, gay republicans and LCR in particular are freaking delusional. Like what is this?

When BuzzFeed's Dominic Holden called Angelo to ask about whether LCR had expressed concern when the Trump administration rescinded the federal guidance protecting transgender students, all Angelo could offer was, ”We've certainly expressed our opposition to it." He claimed ”there wasn't sufficient time that we had to push back on this that would've been effective," even though Vice President Mike Pence promised the guidance would go away way back in October — before the election even took place. ”We have communicated with the administration and let them know that we are disappointed in this decision to rescind the guidance. I don't know what else we can do at this point."
In a follow-up interview, Angelo said he was still optimistic that the Trump administration could rectify the situation or take other pro-LGBT actions, explaining that his job as head of LCR depends upon that optimism.

This is a wife in the middle of getting beaten saying "He'll change". There's a stark difference between optimism and pure naivety. They say they don't know what else they can do when it's simple: Stop putting your faith in Republicans. Stop supporting them with your money, time and effort. And actually vote for people who openly say they care about and will defend the interests of LGBTQ+ peoples.

Slayven

Like I said in my fallacy topic, gay republicans and LCR in particular are freaking delusional. Like what is this?

This is a wife in the middle of getting beaten saying "He'll change". There's a stark difference between optimism and pure naivety. They say they don't know what else they can do when it's simple: Stop putting your faith in Republicans. Stop supporting them with your money, time and effort. And actually vote for people who openly say they care about and will defend the interests of LGBTQ+ peoples.

I think it is money over rights

Trump supporters in general were delusional as fuck in voting for a lying conman who actively doesn't want the job. I expect them to never see the error of their ways or admit they were wrong.

Rokal

I think it is money over rights

Log Cabin Republicans have always been Money>Rights. Even when LGBT rights were non-existent and Republican candidates were outwardly hostile to LGBT citizens, LCR still voted Republican.

Time and time again they have chosen money over the rights, safety, and happiness of their LGBT friends and peers. Their members have failed a basic human decency test.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom