• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

VegiHam

So, guys, I know some of you are playing Fantasy Life. I kinda fancy a new game but I really didn't get into Animal Crossing. I played it for maybe six hours and got bored of the lack of anything new. Will I feel the same way with Fantasy Life or will the plot and exploration keep me going? I loved Dragon Quest IX and I've heard people compare it to that too though; so I'm a little unsure if the game will really be for me you know?

They do have some charm, especially design-wise. The battle systems are often pretty good too. The thing that bugs me the most about them is most of the time the story you go through, mostly forgettable. I wish more JRPGs chose a more special kind of story like the one Nier (the version in which you are the dad, not the version in which you play the Brother) tells. I have the same problem with Western RPGs though, they all seem so similar sometimes. There are people who probably would tell me "oh, it doesn't matter as long as the gameplay is fun", but for me a good story is what pulls me through a game. That's why I struggle so much with games like Fantasy Life. I think the little introductory quest for every Life are the only thing that saved it for me because the main story was just so much JRPG cliche "doom stones oh noes by the power of light and friendship" silliness.

And now I wrote a wall of text of how annoyed I am about stories in JRPGs and it's kinda embarrassing, not going to lie. ��

And Snow would not make for a great first name, I agree with you. At least not with the combinations of last names I tried out in my head.

I understand your complaints about the stories in JRPGs - a lot of them are pretty meh and poorly written. Of course, as you can likely tell by my avatar, I'm not terribly picky on a well written storyline, lol. Maybe I'm just so used to them being pretty mundane and same-y, that I'm fine with it. Of course, when a JRPG comes along that I feel like has a great story/plot, it really sticks out to me. Personally, I feel like the Xeno-games (Xenogears, Xenosaga, Xenoblade) have some of the best stories in the genre - I'm not saying they are well written or anything like that, but they are really entertaining and relies less on the "my friends are my power" thing other JRPGs use (that's not to say it does't pop up occasionally in those games, but not as often). I also really liked Nier's storyline, too - especially dat playthrough B.
So many sad and "omfg what have I done" moments...

And I have a hard time getting into WRPGs at times due to the lack of agency and pacing in the story - most of the time, the story always seems like it doesn't really matter.

So, guys, I know some of you are playing Fantasy Life. I kinda fancy a new game but I really didn't get into Animal Crossing. I played it for maybe six hours and got bored of the lack of anything new. Will I feel the same way with Fantasy Life or will the plot and exploration keep me going? I loved Dragon Quest IX and I've heard people compare it to that too though; so I'm a little unsure if the game will really be for me you know?

I'm curious about this as well. I'm not sure what to make of that game since I typically prefer more story-driven JRPGs over ones where you just grind different jobs a lot.

all about balance. i can't give 100% unless it involves some pain. ;P

See, I agree saying that sounds hot, but possibly not to the kind of pain you have been talking about! :p lol

Grizzo

It can't be said enough: Fantasy Life has very little to do with Animal Crossing. Sure you can fish, pick up apples off of the floor (amongst tons of other items) and customize your house, but that's about it.

Plus the house customization is rather pathetic compared to what Animal Crossing has to offer. But people like to compare those games because they both look kinda cute.

Fantasy Life is a great game, and if you like action-RPGs with a small dose of hack'n'slash, then you'll be in for a treat!

A new PC is definitely a good investment. As for Skyrim mods, eh. Don't know, game burned my HDD to a crisp once so I haven't touched it in a while. Maybe when I get a new PC. Open Cities was definitely a cool looking mod though, if it's called that. And then there were also mods for Werewolves and Vampires to be a little bit more "realistic" I believe. Can't remember the names though, sorry.

A few other mods that come to mind:

Falskarr by Velicky, who now works for Bethesda (Or was it Bungie? Something with a B)

Move it Dammit for NPCs by Apoge777

Predator Vision - Vampire Werewolf and Khajiit by Gopher

Oh, and most important of all

SkyUI by schlangster

Manage the settings of your mods all in one neat little menu and also improves the UI.

Edit:
Oh, and I like ginger hair too. :]

Move it Damnit sounds like a great mod. I wonder if you could get away with pushing NPCs off of cliffs with it... Anyways, I hope to get a decent computer by about Christmas, should all go well. Sorry for bothering you yet again, but is there any computer in particular that you would recommend? I'm not too bothered by anything fancy, just a computer that can play games. And maybe do some other stuff. Maybe.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
so wtf is the NEW 3DS? it plays games that the regular 3ds can't play? or something? can the 2ds play games that the og 3ds can't? how big is the 2ds?

Alrus

so wtf is the NEW 3DS? it plays games that the regular 3ds can't play? or something? can the 2ds play games that the og 3ds can't? how big is the 2ds?

It's the 3DS family equivalent of the DSi (it has a better CPU, more shoulder buttons and an analog nub), and there will be some games that can only played on it, like Xenoblade (the only one we know of). The 2DS is just another model of the 3DS, no exclusives for it.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
It's the 3DS family equivalent of the DSi (it has a better CPU, more shoulder buttons and an analog nub), and there will be some games that can only played on it, like Xenoblade (the only one we know of). The 2DS is just another model of the 3DS, no exclusives for it.

are there any rumored New 3DS exclusives or is it just Xenoblade? Is the 2DS worth it if I don't care about 3D or Xenoblade? can the 2DS play digital only games (shantae)?

daripad

are there any rumored New 3DS exclusives or is it just Xenoblade? Is the 2DS worth it if I don't care about 3D or Xenoblade? can the 2DS play digital only games (shantae)?

No rumored games so far but the 2DS is a great console and I'm sure you'll play most games just fine, except for some very few small parts of Mario 3D Land but nothing that won't let you complete it.

Caladrius

I am hungry and have too much shit to do.

No speculation on any new titles, as far as I know of. I think Nintendo are most likely waiting to see how it performs initially before pushing it harder.

OG 3DS and 2DS are quite small, so if you have large hands it's going to be a major nuisance, and then there's the matter of screen size on those models.

I think it has all of the online features of the other models.

Nice costume ZombiePlatypus :3

it was, dude you look great.

Genius costume.

i approve of this creativity

That's pretty creative.
And a little bit sexy.

Wowwww. That is pretty original and creative, wow, large eyeballs.

Damn, thanks peeps :D

Anyway, what are you supposed to be ZombiePlatypus?

:O

Krumm from Aaahh!!! Real Monsters.

YON65NA.gif

Amazing cartoon from 90s Nickelodeon. Go and watch it. (Along with Rocko's Modern Life. )

Let me throw in one of my classier gifs for ZombiePlatypus.

BWjm523.gif

Hoda Kumi is a timeless, and precious Jpop jewel. <3

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
No rumored games so far but the 2DS is a great console and I'm sure you'll play most games just fine, except for some very few small parts of Mario 3D Land but nothing that won't let you complete it.

i want the sea foam color one :3

No speculation on any new titles, as far as I know of. I think Nintendo are most likely waiting to see how it performs initially before pushing it harder.

when does everyone think nintendo will release their next gen handheld? a year or two from now?

OG 3DS and 2DS are quite small, so if you have large hands it's going to be a major nuisance, and then there's the matter of screen size on those models.

I do have semi large-ish hands...maybe walmart or gamestop has a display 2ds that I can try out...

I think it has all of the online features of the other models.

oke

Caladrius

when does everyone think nintendo will release their next gen handheld? a year or two from now?

I do have semi large-ish hands...maybe walmart or gamestop has a display 2ds that I can try out...

Not entirely sure. The 3DS has peaked in sales, I do believe. Unless the N3DS actually is the new handheld then I could see the successor coming in about 2-3 years.

And I don't ever remember actually seeing any display units. Then again it might be different where you live.

That was a Final Fantasy XIII reference.

It's much more ridiculous in context.

maxcriden

My wife gave me a haircut! Not bad, right? I'm really happy with it. I feel so lucky that she's willing to cut, cut, cut away. She wants me to tell y'all that she's not a hair stylist because she finds it terrifying to cut my hair, but I am thrilled that she is willing to do it.

photoon9-19-14at11.41klu9t.jpg

photoon10-26-14at6.34ppupr.jpg

... I don't mean to be creepy, but... I always pictured you to look something like that, Maxc. Anyways, the haircut is very good, yes it is~

maxcriden

... I don't mean to be creepy, but... I always pictured you to look something like that, Maxc. Anyways, the haircut is very good, yes it is~

Thanks Masque!

Anyway, found a couple pics.

Well, this is 2009, keep in mind I've lost 60+ lbs since then.

S5030201 by maxcriden, on Flickr

S5030202 by maxcriden, on Flickr

This is back in 2006, on the set of the hit indie film Lobsang Jackson, P.I. In this scene, Mexican-Chinese crimelord Zhang Ramirez, played by yours truly, attends the christening of his nephew. In the ensuing scuffle Zhang's henchman throws the baby to distract the intrepid detective, leading to his assistant's famous line, "Lobsang Jackson--catch that baby!"

217373_503957303588_3597_n.jpg

One more scene from the film.

208434_503957273648_909_n.jpg

I wasn't nearly as heavy in high school (this would be 2003 or so):

1927681_518236557778_8682_n.jpg

But I was very tired all the time. I frequently would get 3-4 hours of sleep per night.

1927681_518236532828_5152_n.jpg

You should keep a photo album of yourself and make a little timeline out of it. It'd be an interesting read!

Anyways, in regards to hair, I think I should go get some new hair. This hair is starting to get all weird.

I'm not tired. No, not at all, no. never tired. No tiredness here.

maxcriden

You should keep a photo album of yourself and make a little timeline out of it. It'd be an interesting read!

Anyways, in regards to hair, I think I should go get some new hair. This hair is starting to get all weird.

Qz0hML7.jpg

Looks good Masque! Only cut it if it's starting to bug you, that's my rule for myself at least.

Grakl

go enter the contest.

what contest?

Qz0hML7.jpg

Damn that's huge you really should quote that pic lol

Ty4on

Cool, another Nexus 4 owner. Low quality because my hair has been under a cap for 8 hours and refuses to look decent.
Not the most flattering angle... Kinda hard to get enough distance and it was hard enough to get both of us in frame.

Cool, another Nexus 4 owner. Low quality because my hair has been under a cap for 8 hours and refuses to look decent.
Not the most flattering angle... Kinda hard to get enough distance and it was hard enough to get both of us in frame.

We share the same phone AND wear a cap~? Blimey. Still, your hair certainly looks superior to my own. Grr. I wish that hair wasn't so annoying.

So much cuteness in this thread <3

In the unlikely event that you were referring to me, d'aww~! <3

Otherwise, boo-hoo. You who would tempt me so. I shall lament your cruelty sadly, on this very spot. While picking daisies. Wheeeee.

Ty4on

Edit: ^^^^ I dunno how you could take that picture and not see how cute you were.

We share the same phone AND wear a cap~? Blimey. Still, your hair certainly looks superior to my own. Grr. I wish that hair wasn't so annoying.
You should have seen it on my way home or the first test shots not obscured by a phone :p
Zero volume and showed off all of my balding...

I sadly don't own a cap. It's a part of my work uniform.
I do ruin my hair with something else in the winter though because duck cold ears. I might show it off after a shower tomorrow. Not much to brag about...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom