• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LGBTQIA Thread |OT5| Can't even drink straight

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Just imagine his alternate costumes :O
Didn't he get one once?

Just looked on his wiki page and it seems like he got one in one of the games.

Apropos gay romance in games, I'm still hyped for Dragon Age Inquisition.
tumblr_n52ni96aXA1rmzaluo3_r1_500.jpg

Mustache Man :D

tg0.gif

Sai-kun

Banned
yosuke was like the second most annoying person in p4

yes, you're straight, we get it

first most annoying was:
ai

yosuke was like the second most annoying person in p4

yes, you're straight, we get it

first most annoying was:
ai

Agreed re: Yosuke. What made it worse is I actually felt like the first half of the game (although I haven't completed it yet) he was quite cool and he actually seemed open minded and made lots of weird come-ons to the protag.

But then yeah after that he acts actually quite offensively to the mere suggestion of anything slightly homoerotic.

Dany

Banned
The persona 5 trailer was awesome. I'm not ready to discount anything yet.

So glad it's coming out on the ps4

Have you heard the original clips that were found on the disc? Link (you may have read).

Thanks for this. It highlights how I felt about Yosuke's character too:

It’s really a shame that the option to date Yosuke was cut out! It makes Yosuke go from being a completely insufferable asshole with regards to his constant gay panic over Kanji to him… being a high school boy who’s afraid or unsure about his own sexual orientation, and dealing with it in a scared, overcompensating way, which is much more of an interesting narrative.

This would explain a lot, and yeah if it was revealed he did in-fact have feelings for Protag - then of course you can justify the terrified way he reacts to other stuff in the games. Plenty of people can relate to that.

Disappointing really.

Ironically I just got finished with the Kanji stakeout part of P4, I'm seriously disappointed to hear that Yosuke turns into an unlikeable homophobe after that :/

Dany

Banned
Ironically I just got finished with the Kanji stakeout part of P4, I'm seriously disappointed to hear that Yosuke turns into an unlikeable homophobe after that :/

Eh, he is a kid and kind of stupid. Generally I assume his character or anyone have been around gay people are in general spooked how to react. Because the feel they should react.

I should give DA: O another try. I played it for like an hour a long time ago on my old old PC, so the game was ugly and ran like shit which made me quit. But DA: Inquisition looks really awesome. I assume the story is connected to the previous games? Or is it all new and I wouldn't have to play the previous entries?

Kater

Banned
I should give DA: O another try. I played it for like an hour a long time ago on my old old PC, so the game was ugly and ran like shit which made me quit. But DA: Inquisition looks really awesome. I assume the story is connected to the previous games? Or is it all new and I wouldn't have to play the previous entries?
The story is as far as I know connected and one of the characters of the older games is also in the new game.

I've never been into JRPGs and turn based action as I've said before and Persona fall under one of those two categories so I'm not interested in the slightest.

The story is, as far as I know connected and one of the characters of the older games is also in the new game.

There are several returning characters. Lelliana and Morrigan from DA:O. Varric from DA2 and though she hasn't been announced, I wouldn't be surprised if Flemeth was in there too.

It's connected but don't get connected to the character you make in DA: O.

Ty4on

Thanks for this. It highlights how I felt about Yosuke's character too:

This would explain a lot, and yeah if it was revealed he did in-fact have feelings for Protag - then of course you can justify the terrified way he reacts to other stuff in the games. Plenty of people can relate to that.

Disappointing really.
Yeah, he'd probably be a much better character if he was closeted and came out as the game progressed or at the very least evolved into a nonhomophobe.
All this Persona talk goes over my head because I've never played the games. I really should play one sometime.
P4G on the Vita is often recommended because the game suits the Vita quite well (play a couple of minutes/hours here and there) and P4G is great to start with, but there are tons of other versions if they suit you best.
I've never been into JRPGs and turn based action as I've said before and Persona fall under one of those two categories so I'm not interested in the slightest.
I've never been into them either yet loved P4G :D

The closest thing I had played before it was Ace Attorney 1-4 which I also love.

daripad

lol people talking about RPGs
I have played just like 5 of those games in my entire life lol I really should play more of them :/

Right call me slow

But I just realised El Gato is 'The Cat'

:3

Yeah, I pointed that out some pages ago, hahaha

It made me feel proud of my polyglotism. :3

I just watched that World War Whateverz film in 3D. Aside from becoming dizzy from all the quick movements and cameras, it has been a bit of... what? experience. Then again, I don't really like zombie movies.

QUESTION FOR EVERYBODY!

Is there a film genre that is liked by everyone, but that you HATE it with all your soul?

Just got back from this lake that is like 40 minutes from me. Was so much fun.
Loved swimming in there and grilling up some meat outside.
There were some cute boys there too. :)

What did y'all do thus weekend? I hope you had a good one. Hopefully. :)

Kater

Banned
I had the same opinion of musicals but then I was introduced to Broadway-like productions and I became hooked. >.<

If I had any singing talent I'd love to try and experiment with some kind of role, but the Theatre group at my university only does weird indie performances. :(

And I love them.

The story is as far as I know connected and one of the characters of the older games is also in the new game.

There are several returning characters. Lelliana and Morrigan from DA:O. Varric from DA2 and though she hasn't been announced, I wouldn't be surprised if Flemeth was in there too.

It's connected but don't get connected to the character you make in DA: O.

Gotcha. Would it be worth playing those two previous games before going into DA: I then? I've heard bad things about DA2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom