• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lies of P Clocks Has Reached 7 Million Players

Hrk69

Worst From imitation to date. I hated everything about it.

sick cringe GIF

Last edited:
Best game released last year for me. Bought the deluxe edition to play 3 days early (and obtain knick knacks) and do not regret it one second. Fun gameplay, engaging challenges, fantastical settings, and super memorable soundtrack are top of their class. I can't wait for the DLC expansion.

Last edited:
was it really that good? have it on my wishlist and was interested for sure. for players that have played this and Nioh 2, which was more enjoyable? I've yet to play either.

Last edited:

Ferdimage

was it really that good? have it on my wishlist and was interested for sure. for players that have played this and Nioh 2, which was more enjoyable? I've yet to play either.
I enjoyed every part of the game on PC, very Bloodborne inspired, combat can be alot of fun, mixing and matching your weapons.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Players...-_-

GP really tainted the industry huh lol

I didn't like the game but im happy for its success, it was clearly loved by many. Here's hoping for a sequel!

Zuzu

Probably my game of the year for last year. An awesome game that got me into the souls genre and subsequently led me to go and complete Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne and Elden Ring in the months since.

I've snagged a physical copy of the game a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not sure when I'll get to it since there's so much stuff to play rn...

Last edited:

mdkirby

Good game, solid 8/10, had an enjoyable week or 2 with it. Engagement/Reach numbers tho are such a lot of bullshit, when you give something away for basically free, they don't remotely correspond to how much £££ its actually made. 1 million sales is worth way more than 8 million 'users'.

mdkirby

It sold at least 1 million copies as of October 2023.

It has good worth of mouth and had a few discounts so I bet they'll reach 2 million copies sold sometime this year after they release the planned DLC.

much more useful number. For a small studio its pretty solid....I seem to recall reading mumblings about Sony being in potential partnership or acquisition talks with them a few months back. Wonder if there's been any progress.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Success well deserved. For how average "souls-clones" use to be, this one really felt like it could have been developed by From themselves.

Really hoping to see more games from those lads in the future, can't wait to see what they do with that cliffhanger ending. Alice sequel?

Glad to hear it! I just finished my first playthrough last week and started NG+ immediately afterwards.

For people looking to get into the game, it's a n interesting mish mash of different Fromsoft gameplay components. Visually, it draws mostly Bloodborne and gameplay-wise there's a health regen system. When you block an attack, you take some chip damage, but can get a percentage of that chip damage back by hitting the enemy back quickly after. There is also a Sekiro-like posture system. Perfect blocks will gradually build up enemies' posture. Once their health bar glows white, you can hit them with a charged heavy attack, which stuns them and opens them up for a critical attack. There are also Sekiro-like prosthetic arms with additional special attacks.

That being said, I kind of wish the devs had decided to fully commit to either Bloodborne style combat or Sekiro style combat. Blending them worked most of the time (i.e., when fighting normal enemies), but there were a few bosses that I felt were overly difficult, sometimes unfair even, due to the blending of the two styles.

Top Bottom