• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

About to start now. Brewed a big ass coffee

Let's get it
zXcObmG.png

Well this is a change of pace,
after some amateur detective work, that reminds me of one of Frogware's Sherlock Holmes games, I may be on to some serious shit.

Veggy

Thank fuck I decided to wait until ep4 was out before tackling ep3, I don't know how you guys managed to wait all those weeks after that ending

BY2K

Membero Americo
MOTHER
FUCKER

WALKING DEAD GOT NOTHING ON THIS.

NOTHING. JESUS CHRIST.

And now another 2 months of pain before the finale. UGH.

As a North American PS4 owner, it's all I can do to not click on every spoiler tag I see. I've been strong so far. Must...stay...strong...

Why, Sony, WHYYYYY.

Karak

When it comes to delivery of story in games, there is a pretty strong feeling that this is raising the goalposts by a good amount.

Worst review ever.

"Clunky dialogue buckles under the pressure."

I thought people were over the dialog already. I guess not...

Metro have ignored the dialogue up until this point. It's a legitimate flaw with the writing but it's easier for some people to ignore than others I guess. I personally don't mind it.

That said, I am waiting to play the episode with my girlfriend this weekend (extra wait is killing me) so i'm not going to say I agree with Metro's review until i've played it myself.

Nevertheless, I always find their reviews to be pretty well written and well thought out so I thought it might be interesting for some to see. Please also note, a 6 on their scale is above average. The other episodes all scored 8's if I recall.

jb1234

I found it mostly satisfying. Easily the longest of the four too, which was a nice surprise.

The big irritation being the wrap up to Chloe in a wheelchair. The choice you have to make is gutwrenching but there's no consequences for it and the game abandons the premise altogether to get back to the Rachel/Nathan story. I found other aspects more satisfying, like the big puzzle on the board to work out all the clues. Great cliffhanger too, even if I saw it coming. Never trusted Mr. Jefferson.

Was anyone able to save Frank? I tried for thirty minutes, the game eventually bugged out on me and I gave up because I felt like I'd gone through every option available.

Compiling Optional Photos so far. Beware spoilers:

Chloe at the computer after you focus to the normal timeline
Birds nest in garage
Cairn by Tobanga at the school
Talk to Samulel about squirells, then lure the other over with the food next to him, after he feeds the first one
Boys dorm- look through the window in the right hallway and you will see a photo op for some footprints in the distance

Veggy

Why do people even bother with Metro reviews, I still remember their Resident Evil Revelations 2 review, all the screenshots we're RESIDENT EVIL 4!

shinn623

I found it mostly satisfying. Easily the longest of the four too, which was a nice surprise.

The big irritation being the wrap up to Chloe in a wheelchair. The choice you have to make is gutwrenching but there's no consequences for it and the game abandons the premise altogether to get back to the Rachel/Nathan story. I found other aspects more satisfying, like the big puzzle on the board to work out all the clues. Great cliffhanger too, even if I saw it coming. Never trusted Mr. Jefferson.

Was anyone able to save Frank? I tried for thirty minutes, the game eventually bugged out on me and I gave up because I felt like I'd gone through every option available.

For your question regarding
Frank. Yes you can save him. Just have to hit all the right choices.

Why do people even bother with Metro reviews, I still remember their Resident Evil Revelations 2 review, all the screenshots we're RESIDENT EVIL 4!

Sorry but I honestly think you're mistaken. The pictures were all for Rev2 :s

They're one of the only review sites i'll go to. I find they don't tend to sugarcoat as much as other outlets and always give a fairly balanced opinion. That's not to say that I haven't always enjoyed a game they've recommended or that they've hated. It's just always easy to see where their point of view is coming from.

I love the fact that US Ps4 owners are given the option to download the game. Only to be taken to the store that doesn't contain ep 4.

Why must you torture us Grace Chen?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The Dark Room
is actually very dark, metaphorically, wow

Karak

LOL. Its Metro. I remember laughing about them at GDC with some folks. Sometimes you just can't beat some trash though.

Just finished this episode, this really was the best one yet, and it was really long too, I spent more than 4 hours on this one. And there weren´t any real slow moments either.
Also I need that fucking episode 5 right now.

Reedirect

Some random spoilery thoughts about EP4.

Warren's an alright dude, Victoria's the best, Frank's still alive and I'm pretty happy about that. Kinda saw the Jefferson reveal coming, but that doesn't mean it wasn't amazing. Also really glad that they've dealt with Rachel (hopefully for good), since she wasn't really the reason the plot was so damn interesting until now and I never really cared about finding her too much.

That's probably all I can type up at 5 AM.

II agree about Chloe. Disabled people are rarely represented in games and when they are they often have some kind of bionic implant which makes their disability pointless. So I was a little disappointed that the whole arc was inconsequential and to be honest whilst hearing Chole's request for euthanasia was heartbreaking I don't think the choice at the end worked because you were obviously rewinding time after you made it. Wish they ditched the whole Chloe dying element and made it about whether you picked the reality without her dad or the reality without the accident as that would have been a much more difficult choice. With that said I enjoyed most of the episode despite also seeing the twist coming.

I managed to save Frank in the end, though I considered that the other really weak part of the episode. The whole sequence just didn't feel like it fit with what I saw from Frank previously.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Major Spoiler:
I'm sure the choice of assisting Wheelchair Chloe will have at least one consequence in the final episode. It can't have been there for nothing.

Hah, Figures that Chloe would get sent to Miskatonic U. Go Cephalopods!

EDIT:
THAT CHOICE. NO. I CAN'T HANDLE IT. *quits, walks away*

epmode

Is the rewind function broken for anyone else? It no longer stops at each decision point when I press the left shoulder button. Just continues to rewind until the very start of the area.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
look at the key pad real hard its a puzzle
Alternatively, it's
the three digit number circled in red when you're putting together Nathan's clues

lumi7890

I just finished the episode :) do you wanna know hor I feel? FUCK...........ABFGEHNBFBU(FJHIFUBJNIPFNFHJNJ I HATE YOU DONTNOD TOU HEAR ME HATE YOU!!!!!! NOW WERES THE GODAMN TYLENOL?

in all seriousness this episode was fucking amazing, and this game is on the path to being my GOTY. seriously just an amazing game.

SolVanderlyn

I'm kind of upset
Rachel was not a time traveler, and I thought it was obvious that she would be

Top Bottom