• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Life Is Strange |OT| Rewinder Me

Ghazi

The point of that ending is
that Chloe and Max leave Arcadia Bay and don't look back. They leave everything behind and showing who survived and who didn't would've probably made for a weaker ending.

They also ran out of money... lol. I read somewhere that they made the other ending first because they expected more people to choose that one.

Jesus I cant stand Max, go Victoria!

And leave Kate alone

No Max, stop with your emo mentality then says everything is so cool aaaaaaand Cloe enters the story....daaaammm that lady is worse

NnoGhN1h.jpg

mf.luder

I just finished this yesterday and had a really good time. I thought all the chapters from 1-4 were very well done. I think it ended on a different note and wasn't entirely captivated by it.

Finding Rachel was emotional for me. I think Chloe's VA did a great job through the whole game

I liked the fact that the trophy photos were subtle hints, that was fun. At times it played into the gameplay of rewinding time.

Loved the text from pompidou in the one AR, priceless.

This was practically a Twin Peaks clone, which isn't to say it's bad, not at all. The references are abundant.

The part that started to really drive me nuts by the end was the same thing that really bothered me about the Kaz Miller VA in MGSV. Max's VA seemed like she would always exhale as she spoke as the game went on. It turned me off listening to her. Thankfully subtitles were an option.

I thought the music was nicely done and should try and find the songs used in it. Next up is the commentary that I'll want to listen to.

Meowster

Lazy summer goddess
You can tell our whole empire
I don't have to see you right now
I don't have to see you right now

Been replaying this with my boyfriend. It is his first time, we're having a blast and all, he's really enjoying all the different choices and the soundtrack. But damn - we just finished Chapter Two and his ending was so completely different from mine.
He couldn't save Kate - he missed the first choice and the very last one - wow, is that devastating. He was actually shaken when I told him that Kate can be saved. He didn't want to play after that, lol, felt like he screwed up and doesn't play games much. Poor guy. Maybe I'll go back and help him keep her alive.

awww they are holding hands.

Aaaaanyway the LATAM translation is pretty hilarious in Episode 3.

EDIT: Oh god
Chloe what the hell happened

I finished Chapter 3 tonight and played about 10 minutes of Chapter 4.

HOLY SHIT

I gotta take a break, the story is just.... wow...

I'm still on my second play through (to get the collectibles and also be Maxhole). I ended Chapter 3 and I haven't been able to start Chapter 4 even after three or four weeks. Another emotional spike, that bit is. You ain't alone, friend!

album is finished so it's mixing, and rttp thread, writing time.

Rellik

I finished Chapter 3 tonight and played about 10 minutes of Chapter 4.

HOLY SHIT

I gotta take a break, the story is just.... wow...

I just finished the whole game and think I need a break before I play anything else.

I didn't expect to go so deep in this game. Just... Damn.

Ep 4, did my investigating, put some clues together and Chloe and I went to
the barn and discovered the bunker below
. After examining the clues there, I am speechless...

Gonna go to bed now and pick up where I left off tomorrow. Thank goodness for suspend/resume on the PS4.

Mephala

I really hated that
nightmare thing in the finale
. It felt like such a drag. I understand it was there to build emotion and character but I felt it was a bit too much which made it flop for me.

I really like Max's character. Very well done. I like that she is kind of goofy and not all serious.

I am disappointed I
drowned Lisa, my plant.

I finished Episode 5 tonight. Wow, the entire game has been such an incredible journey for me. And I loved every moment of it.

As for the ending:
I saved Chloe. Even before that final scene, I had the feeling that in order to stop everything, I should simply have done nothing at all from the start. But I couldn't abandon my best friend. Also, if I went back and did nothing, Jefferson would have gotten away with everything, wouldn't he? I will definitely play again and choose the other ending.

terrible

Banned
I finished Episode 5 tonight. Wow, the entire game has been such an incredible journey for me. And I loved every moment of it.

As for the ending:
I saved Chloe. Even before that final scene, I had the feeling that in order to stop everything, I should simply have done nothing at all from the start. But I couldn't abandon my best friend. Also, if I went back and did nothing, Jefferson would have gotten away with everything, wouldn't he? I will definitely play again and choose the other ending.

If Nathan kills Chloe he gets arrested and tells the police about Jefferson.

Ended Episode 5

giphy.gif

God this fucking game

God dammit
I wont let you die Chloe, not after all that shit.

I know the real ending is
let Chloe die because the whole game reason to exist to return to that point and let the time flow normally as intended but fuck it

Spinifex

Ended Episode 5

giphy.gif

God this fucking game

God dammit
I wont let you die Chloe, not after all that shit.

I know the real ending is
let Chloe die because the whole game reason to exist to return to that point and let the time flow normally as intended but fuck it

There is no real ending.
Both endings are the canon endings, and that's the Word of God™

There is no real ending.
Both endings are the canon endings, and that's the Word of God™

Max got the ability to time travel but in the end,
it's either Chloe or Arcadia Bay? The reaper really wants to get Chloe with Chloe dying in many alternate realities except in one where Arcadia Bay is trashed from the Tornado. Max went through hell protecting and bonding with Chloe (they hooked up in my playthrough :3), so Bae over Bay. Middle Finger to Fate. I make my own destiny.

Also, Max gets to keep her time travel ability by saving Chloe; Max loses it if she saves Arcadia. She might never know when she needs to Time Travel again.

Persona7

Banned
So, maybe some remember when I said this game had injected me with musical inspiration and I wrote quite a few songs in a few days? I've written about 20 or so over the past 45 days and, now, I have about 13 tracks that I really enjoy and are nearing completion. It will all be put out in a sort of album/mixtape. A free album, naturally.

Just something I wanted to share here before actually putting it all out in a few weeks (I hope). I took Blackwell Academy and sliced it up a lot into something kinda dancey. Mixing it in with what I contributed was... a mess, to put it lightly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7MZPeZon5o

this is cool

Some random questions about the game

1.- Is there a way to know whats in the Max folder on Warren's USB
2.- What happens if Max saves her plant
3.- Whats the nature of the nightmare section is her subconcious or alternative reality torment? because if it was max subconcious she had an idea of warren was a stalker, Cloe was afraid Cloe using her and she really wants to be in the dark room with Jefferson.
4.-Whats with Samuel

Some random questions about the game

1.- Is there a way to know whats in the Max folder on Warren's USB
2.- What happens if Max saves her plant
3.- Whats the nature of the nightmare section is her subconcious or alternative reality torment? because if it was max subconcious she had an idea of warren was a stalker, Cloe was afraid Cloe using her and she really wants to be in the dark room with Jefferson.
4.-Whats with Samuel

1. No. But once you see him lurking outside Max's window, I'd imagine the contents is pretty obvious.
  2. Lisa survives and I think Max comments on how the plant is doing when she looks at it again; nothing big, but still great!
  3. I don't think there's a definitive answer. My take on it is that it's all of Max's self-doubt manifesting (due to the physical strain of time travel and the mental strain of what she's going through). She basically wants a reason to disbelieve everything that's happening so that she doesn't need to make The Choice™. There are undercurrents of truth to everything her mind confronts her with, though--Warren is a bit of a stalker, Max could be saving people not out of goodness but out of obligation, and she could feel guilt for trusting Jefferson at all (which results in Chloe dying only hours earlier--a heavy burden).
  4. I don't know what you mean? Samuel is strange... Like pretty much everyone employed at Blackwell.

This is a game really worth reminiscing about. Love it.

RSB

Banned
Life is Strange is 10 bucks this week on Xbox One.

I already played it on PS4, but I love the the game, so I bought it again. LOL, Seriously though, the people at DONTNOD have done an amazing job with this game, I'm more than happy to buy it again.

I've also convinced a couple of Xbox friends to get it (gotta spread the love)

Finished Episode 1 with my wife watching. I let her make all the desicions in this playthrough. She didn't do anything to help Kate out and complains to me that Kate needs to stand up for herself and not be a crybaby. Oh boy, I can't wait to see what she thinks of Episode 2...

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Finished Episode 1 with my wife watching. I let her make all the desicions in this playthrough. She didn't do anything to help Kate out and complains to me that Kate needs to stand up for herself and not be a crybaby. Oh boy, I can't wait to see what she thinks of Episode 2...

Lol, should be interesting.

Would like to do this with my wife.

Demoskinos

Interesting.

Ah, Life is Strange threads. Like group therapy sessions for traumatised gamers.

I played in December and felt ruined for the whole month. I went into the final scene planning to
sacrifice Arcadia Bay and save Chloe
, but then
Chloe made her impassioned plea to save the town and I ended up doing what she wanted
. Even so, the ending I got felt fitting and was handled well.

I finished this last week.

Episode 1-5 spoilers.

-Couldn't save Kate, thought I'd done everything I could up to that point to help her, turns out I just didn't pick the right dialogue choice. I was tempted to go back and re-do it but from that point the game had already taught me to live with the consequences.
-Chose to help Chloe end her life in the alt universe. The 'pro's' felt like they'd outweigh the cons.
-Finding Rachel's body was absolutely harrowing thanks to the brilliant VO's. It made my skin crawl to think that'd I'd mooching around that same place, seeing those needles and thinking the doe was in the very spot she was burred.
-The Dark Room. Again, repulsed me thinking what had gone on there.
-Getting drugged by Jefferson was absolutely a surprise. Once again creeped me out no end thinking about the communications we'd had up to that point.
- Sacrificed Chloe. It just felt like the right things to do / the greater good scenario. The Prescott's were going down and Arcadia Bay had a legitimate change of becoming a vibrant place once again.

Demoskinos

I finished this last week.

Episode 1-5 spoilers.

-Couldn't save Kate, thought I'd done everything I could up to that point to help her, turns out I just didn't pick the right dialogue choice. I was tempted to go back and re-do it but from that point the game had already taught me to live with the consequences.
-Chose to help Chloe end her life in the alt universe. The 'pro's' felt like they'd outweigh the cons.
-Finding Rachel's body was absolutely harrowing thanks to the brilliant VO's. It made my skin crawl to think that'd I'd mooching around that same place, seeing those needles and thinking the doe was in the very spot she was burred.
-The Dark Room. Again, repulsed me thinking what had gone on there.
-Getting drugged by Jefferson was absolutely a surprise. Once again creeped me out no end thinking about the communications we'd had up to that point.
- Sacrificed Chloe. It just felt like the right things to do / the greater good scenario. The Prescott's were going down and Arcadia Bay had a legitimate change of becoming a vibrant place once again.

Finding Rachel's Body scene kills me literally every time I watch it. Props to Ashly Burch in that scene for just giving a heart wrenching performance.

Jeff6851

Finished a few hours ago. I
sacrificed Arcadia Bay #BaeOverBay
but I feel like it was the wrong choice. Watching the other ending on YouTube, it seemed like it showed so much more and that was what you were supposed to pick.

Kinda sucked that nothing you did the rest of the time mattered but it was a great journey.

Demoskinos

Finished a few hours ago. I
sacrificed Arcadia Bay #BaeOverBay
but I feel like it was the wrong choice. Watching the other ending on YouTube, it seemed like it showed so much more and that was what you were supposed to pick.

Kinda sucked that nothing you did the rest of the time mattered but it was a great journey.

I think that is a false notion that people have about that ending. Just because it "shows more" doesn't make it a better ending inherently.

I haven't had this kind of connection to a game since FF7. Amazing experience. It's been 4 days since I've finished and I can't stop thinking about it. Characters, narrative, soundtrack, and atmosphere are all top notch. Just take my future money now Dontnod.

Can't believe that this thread is still active even though the last episode came out in October! Just goes to show the long legs of this game and how wide of an audience this game has now reached.

Good on you DontNod!

Also that Audience Award from GDC doesn't hurt either
3AQmK.gif
!

Can't believe that this thread is still active even though the last episode came out in October! Just goes to show the long legs of this game and how wide of an audience this game has now reached.

Good on you DontNod!

Also that Audience Award from GDC doesn't hurt either
3AQmK.gif
!

I waited for the physical release to play through the game. I imagine a few others waited, as well.

Jeff6851

I think that is a false notion that people have about that ending. Just because it "shows more" doesn't make it a better ending inherently.

No, it's just that it shows so little compared to the other, not necessarily in length. They don't even mention the consequences in the ending I chose nor show any remorse or pain. I think with the drastically different endings it's a guarantee there's no second season, at least not with these characters.

Top Bottom