• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name List Side Activities & Retro Titles Including Daytona USA 2 Remake & Fighting Vipers 2

image.png

The latest issue of Famitsu provided a brief summary of the side activities players can expect from the upcoming Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased His Name. Aside from the already revealed Karaoke and Boutique, some retro games were revealed.

You can view the list of side content below:
  • Pocket Circuit
  • Karaoke
  • Darts
  • Boutique
    • Change Kiryu’s clothes. The clothing change will also apply to cutscenes.
Game Center
  • SEGA RACING CLASSIC 2 (Daytona USA 2 remake)
  • Fighting Vipers 2
Game Console
  • Flicky
  • Galaxy Force FM

PanzerCute

Still pissed they decided to release it digitally only. Fortunately I can get the asia version but still, that is a trend I absolutely hate.

Especially coming from guys who know how some gamers only want retail version. Damn they even added the empty PS3 Yakuza 5 box for the Yakuza HD Collection to make amend for the only digital release at the time FFS

Last edited:

ssringo

Some more info an screens.

Not sure about the live action carabet. Like, is it full fledged running the carabet club like in Yakuza 0 and the live action parts are just the dates with the hostess or is it only live action stuff.

StereoVsn

Still pissed they decided to release it digitally only. Fortunately I can get the asia version but still, that is a trend I absolutely hate.

Especially coming from guys who know how some gamers only want retail version. Damn they even added the empty PS3 Yakuza 5 box for the Yakuza HD Collection to make amend for the only digital release at the time FFS
Yep, ordered it from Play-Asia. And now I can pretend it has a cool arcade collection all on disk as well! 😉

Puscifer

It's fighting vipers 2 and so far we've never had a perfect port.
True, but I played it on my Dreamcast literally 2 days ago and it's just not a great fighter as it's so dang off playing it now. Sure it has some great flashy stuff but I would rather they just keep virtua fighter than one of their games that wasn't meant to be taken as seriously, but it's definitely better than Virtua Fighter 3TB.

YCoCg

It's already caught Silents attention, this is the guy who found out the Arcade games were full ports and could be launched on their own.

Fuck yes Daytona 2! I remember always going to Chucky Cheese after school just to play that game.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

Is this the first time ever daytona usa 2 been release in home market?

Yep. It was never released before. I don't know why. They did do Model 2 games like Daytona 1, even with the license. But they never bothered with Model 3 until now. While Model 3 did run well on mid-range hardware from like 2010. ATI compatibility was a bit worse though, but it runs perfect on my Vega 10 laptop too.

I wonder what kind of emulator Sega uses for Like a Dragon.

Gambit2483

image.png

Just a friendly PSA; You can still preorder the physical version of this game from Play-Asia, listed for only $39.99

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
I really have no interest in this game but hope they break out the Daytona 2 and sell it for $10 or something.
10 dollars is too steep. for that price they should throw in Daytona 1's XBLA port. and give daytona 2 similar enhancements like online play & extra tracks

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
its abit annoying that sega will give us these games thru Yakuza which is a 60 dollar game. even if they could be accessed via main menu they should just sell them in a seperate 30 dollars collection with more games

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
Why fighting vipers? The game aged like trash
Yakuza's composer did the soundtrack and the 3 fans of the franchise will stop polluting the internet like the Shenmue fans: Yu Suzuki finally gave them Shenmue 3.
As a result, 50% committed suicide playing the game, 49% ditched the franchise and the 1% remaining are not enough to spam the internet with the usual:

"SEGA IS DEAD UNLESS THEY RELEASE SHENMUE 3 !!!!".

Sega is fiiiiine and the annoying fanboys are neutralized.

Another smart move from Sega 👌🏻🥳

Last edited:

Fat Frog

I advertised for Google Stadia
its abit annoying that sega will give us these games thru Yakuza which is a 60 dollar game. even if they could be accessed via main menu they should just sell them in a seperate 30 dollars collection with more games
60 is too expensive but it's 50$.
Let's wait a 30% discount and that's a deal. 😜

True, but I played it on my Dreamcast literally 2 days ago and it's just not a great fighter as it's so dang off playing it now. Sure it has some great flashy stuff but I would rather they just keep virtua fighter than one of their games that wasn't meant to be taken as seriously, but it's definitely better than Virtua Fighter 3TB.
It's worse than the original in almost every way bar the graphics and it just seems so much slower to play , but it be nice to have a perfect port and I much rather see SEGA use Arcade games that have never been perfectly ported to home in Yakuza arcades than using all the same old Arcade roms from previous games

I don't agree with on VF3TB mind, I love that game and for me, its one of the best in the series.

xrnzaaas

Including older games in Yakuza/Like a Dragon games was always great. One of my favorites was adding a retro console in Judgment to have a reason to add some non-arcade classics. I'm definitely going to spend some hours pausing the main story and having fun with them. :)

SkylineRKR

I always liked the arcade classics in Yakuza but it was for a long time the same few games we already had in Shenmue and some additions. i liked how they ultimately went and did Fighting Vipers, Virtual On and Motor Raid in the later Yak/Judgment games. And VF5 FS.

Now they seem to tap into their Model 3 library for this series. So we could expect games like Spike Out in the future too. Perhaps VF3 and Virtua Striker 2 as well. I understand licensed games like Star Wars and Harley Davidson would be impossible.

They have a great library, I'd also be stoked if they include some Model 2 games such as Dynamite Cop, Desert Tank and Last Bronx in there.

Top Bottom