• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited edition PS4 availability

JayEH

Are you going to PSX? If yes, not that hard. If no, get your paypal account ready.

I think they said there was only like 13k being made? I think that was the number in the Japanese PS awards last night.

UCBooties

Until we see an official announcement, who knows?

My guess though is that they are going to be pretty rare. I hope they're not going to be limited to giveaways like you sometimes see with neat variant consoles but I doubt you're going to see a pallet of them at Best Buy any time soon.

Mikey Jr.

Apparently the keynote will discuss ways you can get one.

My best guess for North America?

Gamestop/EBGames/Amazon/PSX

I have no fucking clue. There is 12k for the WHOLE WORLD. 12k and thats it. Forever.

I need one badly. They'll probably be sold out within minutes.

DNAbro

That's the only placed they've announced it's being sold. With only 12k available, you're not going to see it at your local store.

And I don't think they are going to sell all 12000k there. There are other parts of the world.

Jomjom

Banned
Hmmm from the recent Shu tweet it now sounds like they aren't selling the actual system at the PSE event. Looks like you just get the details of how to purchase it from watching the event.

I hope it's some kind of raffle like the Japanese are doing it. That's the only fair way.

I want this thing SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bad. The PS4 is the only piece of hardware I own that isn't a limited edition of some sort. I feel like I would be satisfied with this one for the entire duration of this generation.

Jonboy

Directly from the PlayStation Blog:

How to pre-order in the US: PS4 20th Anniversary Edition will be available in very limited supply for pre-order starting Saturday, December 6th. Please watch the PlayStation Experience keynote starting Saturday morning at 10:00am Pacific Time to learn more. Canadian users can follow PlayStationCA on Twitter to learn more details for availability in their region.

Only 12,300 are being made.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014...s-20-ps4-20th-anniversary-edition-revealed-2/

Rizific

i want one. but not going to rape myself by paying over the regular price of a ps4. stupid move to make it that limited. what a way to show appreciation to those who have been with you for those 20 years. yes, im bitter.

Breakage

The "original grey" colour finish makes the PS4 look like a scanner or printer. It wouldn't look out of place in an office environment imo.

People are just gonna be paying extra for an engraved case and a special box.
It's just a stock PS4 underneath. If this unit had full PS1/2 hardware BC or the case was made from brushed aluminum -- just something that really sets it apart from a standard PS4, I think it would be a far more compelling product.

As it stands it's just a regular PS4 with a fancy plastic case and a smart box and that just makes the prices it will fetch all the more ridiculous.

Raziel

i want one. but not going to rape myself by paying over the regular price of a ps4. stupid move to make it that limited. what a way to show appreciation to those who have been with you for those 20 years. yes, im bitter.

I agree. This should have been available in stores December 3rd in mass quanties. They badly underestimated how many people would want these.

vilmer_

The "original grey" colour finish makes the PS4 look like a scanner or printer. It wouldn't look out of place in an office environment imo.

It's just a stock PS4 underneath. If this unit had full PS1/2 hardware BC or the case was made from brushed aluminum -- just something that really sets it apart from a standard PS4, I think it would be a far more compelling product.

As it stands it's just a regular PS4 with a fancy plastic case and a smart box and that just makes the prices it will fetch all the more ridiculous.

Welcome to the world of video game collector's ;)

gwiz210

Please stop.

vesvci

Banned

Normally I'd agree with this assessment, but I suppose this LE PS4 is directly aimed at collectors and core gamers. The limited numbers for the brand's anniversary make it worthwhile.

I want one, but it better be sold outside of Vegas.

Drago

Kinda hoping it's a raffle here in the US, but at the same time I hope it isn't. Because, if I somehow ended up winning the chance to buy one I wouldn't be able to resist, but I don't want buy a PS4 yet cause I'm trying to save for a PC. :x

It's a really nice console.

Check the twitter account of your country's PS branch. PS France for example already announced that there will be a whopping 500 units for sale on December 19th at one particular store in Paris. They'll also be giving away 20 of them via social media.

Top Bottom