• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited reprints of Yakuza 1-4 now available

Mikhal

Two reviews on Amazon say the new prints of Yakuza 2 won't play or are scratched. I imagine many people aren't opening their copies but has anyone had this problem? Or are most people's copies working no problem?

Yakuza 2 comes in a dual layered disc for the US version. Back when the game was released I recalled people suddenly finding out that their PS2 have issues running a DVD-9 disc. If you run into a problem booting the game, I suggest you make sure your console has no issues with dual layered discs. Test a different game that is dual layered and see if that works from the DVD9 list here to confirm.

https://www.epforums.org/showthread.php?80757-List-of-CD-and-DVD9-games-for-the-Playstation-2-PS2

I got my copies of 1 and 2 in, and they're staying sealed. I have Japanese copies
and found some magical way to play an english version on my PC
so they'll just be a very gorgeous thing that brings me warmth in my heart.

Are they the exact same as the first print run?

My copies of the PS2 games arrived Friday, and testing them both about an hour ago, they both boot and run to the title screens fine. Obviously that's not necessarily an indication that they're flawless discs, but it's a good start.

update:

got in touch with VGP C.S. and they said the games are stuck in customs. before it's being handed off at the border to USPS, it's delivered by a courier to the border. but the C.S. said they must've seen the name Yakuza and so many copies so a large box orders have been held in customs being checked while early orders got through.

i hope it customs don't gut open the sealed copies...

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
update:

got in touch with VGP C.S. and they said the games are stuck in customs. before it's being handed off at the border to USPS, it's delivered by a courier to the border. but the C.S. said they must've seen the name Yakuza and so many copies so a large box orders have been held in customs being checked while early orders got through.

I assumed it was something like that and not anything malicious from VGP. I imagine it will probably be fine apart from taking extra time.

Mikhal

LOL! This reminds me of the time last year when I bought Yakuza 2 from a GAF member and Paypal limited my account! Paid $70 for it at the time which was a good deal. I still have the notice they sent me:

Paypal said:
As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding your account.

PayPal's Compliance Department has reviewed your account and identified activity that may be in violation of United States regulations administered by the:

********Department of the Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).

PayPal is committed to complying with and meeting its global regulatory obligations. One obligation is to ensure that our customers, merchants, and partners are also in compliance with applicable laws and regulations, including those set forth by OFAC, in their use of PayPal.

To ensure that activity and transactions comply with current regulations, PayPal is requesting that you provide the following information via email to compliancetransactions@paypal.com:

1. Purpose of payment 4EK00057XV632093J attempted on April 11, 2016 in the amount of $72.40 , including a complete and detailed explanation of the goods or services you intended to purchase.

********Please explain the meaning/reference to "Yakuza" as stated in the message of the above referenced transaction. This is required information to resolve this matter. Your time is appreciated. Thank you.

Please go to our Resolution Center to provide this information. To find the Resolution Center, log in to your account and click the Resolution Center subtab. Click Resolve under the Action column and follow the instructions.

If we don't hear from you by April 27, 2016, we will limit what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved.

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Kristi
PayPal Compliance Department

update:

LOL! This reminds me of the time last year when I bought Yakuza 2 from a GAF member and Paypal limited my account! Paid $70 for it at the time which was a good deal. I still have the notice they sent me:

List of people surprised that US Customs (And the whole of US federal law enforcement) is daft enough to think that any Yakuza outfits would openly operate under the Yakuza label outside of Japan:

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I got my copy from amazon, no issues. Haven't cracked it open though.

Wagram

That's actually pretty awesome.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is just really common for games crossing the border in either direction. Now you Yanks know what we have to put up with getting games from the US sometimes.

^lol

hey, these came in the mail today!
AEjrBn2h.jpg

v5yafwWh.jpg

My copies of 1&2 arrived today but 1 has a big puncture and tear in the front of it. Hopefully they're not assholes about replacing it with a good copy...

Top Bottom