• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited reprints of Yakuza 1-4 now available

IrishNinja

that's crazy about their security, damn. what else have they reprinted in the past?

I had never heard of Dead Souls. That is bad it seems?

it's a fun sort of zombie expansion pack to yakuza 4 - just a one-off "what if" thing with janky controls, but a lot of fan love there in terms of which characters you get to control. if you're a fan of the series & looking for more, i think it's totally worth your time!

Xion86

Nice! (I'm currently playing Yakuza 4 for the very first time, never played the series before. Really enjoying it).

Yussss, i was able to cancel my ebay order of Yakuza 2 and ordered it direct from VGP site with paypal(for protection)

just so everyone knows:
it's 49.99 CAD on the site which is about 38 bucks USD!!!
it's free shipping if you can get 1 cent more (50CAD) so i just ordered it with another game i wanted.

Haven't played a Yakuza game but I've got a friend that gushes about them so this might be an opportunity. Curious though before I pull the trigger, how do Yakuza 1 and 2 handle on the software BC PS3s?

Anyone? I'll splurge on the whole set if I can comfortably play the first two on my software BC PS3.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Out of curiosity, has anyone's VGP orders process yet? I thought I remembered the last set of reprints they did to process rather quickly. I haven't seen any charges yet, so wanted to see if it was the same as everyone else? (Via Paypal, that is).

Out of curiosity, has anyone's VGP orders process yet? I thought I remembered the last set of reprints they did to process rather quickly. I haven't seen any charges yet, so wanted to see if it was the same as everyone else? (Via Paypal, that is).

nothing yet. but they responded to my ebay request to cancel and refunded me. i messaged them that i placed an order for Yakuza 2 but i would like to order direct from the website. my ordered has not moved. (paid via paypal)

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
nothing yet. but they responded to my ebay request to cancel and refunded me. i messaged them that i placed an order for Yakuza 2 but i would like to order direct from the website. my ordered has not moved. (paid via paypal)

I guess they probably got a ton of orders in, so they are probably slow with doing it all, then.

just got an VG+ e-mail order update to processing....

i'm pretty excited =)

StereoVsn

I am tempted to get a second set of copies but since I already have all of them (plus 1&2 HD and the Japanese versions for 3 - 5) it's a tough call.

bleaker

Bought my copy of Yakuza 2 back on June 20, 2010 for $24.74, played it for 20 minutes, and didn't touch it for five years. I would like to go back and punch twelve year old me in the mouth for not appreciating how lucky he was.

Ramune

Haven't played a Yakuza game but I've got a friend that gushes about them so this might be an opportunity. Curious though before I pull the trigger, how do Yakuza 1 and 2 handle on the software BC PS3s?

The first game was hit and miss. There was one point I just couldn't get through on my partial BC PS3 and had to copy my save and continue on PS2, but it was fine past that point.
Part where you escape the Tojo Clan IIRC
A 60GB/20GB original model might fare better though.

Yakuza 2 however, I don't remember any problems with that one.

Feeroper

I'm pretty tempted to get these. I had Yakuza 1 way back in the day but never really played it and sold it eventually. Now that I have Yakuza 0 and have been enjoying it, I am very tempted to pick these up!

I was going to wait for Kiwami and hope for an HD remaster collection or remakes (if 0 does well enough), but as their is no guarantee I am considering pulling the trigger here.

Why did these have to come up so close to the Switch launch?

RiZ III

Whoa that's kind of crazy. Didn't think it was possible for developers to print more copies of PS2 games OoO. I got Y2. Thanks OP!

Zolo

Got Yakuza 2 and picked up Yakuza 3 at a local game stop for $20 (didn't come with a case though). Guess I'll buy Y4 on PSN at some point. Also have Y5 from it being on plus once.

Peltz

I had 2 ordered just now but canceled it. I think I rather save the $50.

I tried the first game in the series and it just isn't for me. I'm happy for others who are excited though.

Feeroper

So I see all the warnings against using your CC on the VGP site and that Paypal is okay. Now maybe I'm just out of touch with Paypal, but how is using Paypal better?

chrono01

So I see all the warnings against using your CC on the VGP site and that Paypal is okay. Now maybe I'm just out of touch with Paypal, but how is using Paypal better?
When you use PayPal, the site you're ordering from doesn't get your credit card information (that's handled entirely by PayPal). It's a lot safer in this manner.

Feeroper

Well, I did it - ordered all 4 reprints (via paypal).

I probably should ease up on the purchases given that the Switch is out next month, but I didn't want to let this pass me up and regret it later. Even if they do make a Kiwami 2, it will be a long while until we see that released here. Plus I would still want the original for collection purposes (even if it is a reprint and not original in the strictest sense).

Whooo boy. I'm excited to get these games as I really like Yakuza 0, but man my wallet...

I had 2 ordered just now but canceled it. I think I rather save the $50.

I tried the first game in the series and it just isn't for me. I'm happy for others who are excited though.

order Yakuza 2 , 1 remake is coming this summer.
i have one but i heard the controls are bad and 2 fixes everything and is the best story.

Feeroper

My order says processing now, so hopefully they still had enough Yakuza 2 copies to fill my order - the VGP site still lists it as in stock but since the site is so cheap looking, who knows if they keep the stock updated diligently. I did place my order kinda late I guess.

Here's hoping. My payment has already gone though.

By the way - is Dead Souls worth trying to pick up? I see that it is pretty cheap, but also that it isn't all that well regarded. I'll probably pick it up for collection purposes, but is it really that bad?

By the way - is Dead Souls worth trying to pick up? I see that it is pretty cheap, but also that it isn't all that well regarded. I'll probably pick it up for collection purposes, but is it really that bad?
for cheap price i think it's worth it if you like the yakuza characters and story. the controls are wonky and really need an adjustment to get used to. the camera needs work but i liked the game.

Feeroper

Well I may as well pick it up since I can find it dirt cheap. At the very least it will satisfy my OCD need to have the collection.

I got an update today saying my VGP order has shipped now, so looks like they had enough copies of Yakuza 2 left to fill it!

Feeroper

My package arrived today!

LdyYYgM.jpg

cwistofu

Two reviews on Amazon say the new prints of Yakuza 2 won't play or are scratched. I imagine many people aren't opening their copies but has anyone had this problem? Or are most people's copies working no problem?

Top Bottom