• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited reprints of Yakuza 1-4 now available

Got Yakuza 3 and 4 the other day. Just missing Yakuza 5 and 0. Going to wait for 5 to go on sale on PSN someday, and 0 eventually when I get the funds.

cwistofu

Well geez, you guys have scared me to switch to Paypal for my VGP order.

I canceled my CC order and made a new one with Paypal... but I can't find a way to remove my credit card info from their site/my account.

Am I screwed?

The price was over $100 for used copies just last week....so yeah $49.99 is pretty good TBH
Holy shit seriously?? I remember grabbing it from a gamestop a couple years back for like 20. Glad I did now, and im glad people can pick this up for a more reasonable price right now.

Animekatt

I canceled my CC order and made a new one with Paypal... but I can't find a way to remove my credit card info from their site/my account.

Am I screwed?

Unfortunately, I believe it's too late. It took a few months after I used my cards for the fraudulent charges to come in. It's so annoying having to change everything. :(

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Am I screwed?
Probably.

Here's a post of mine from the Limited Run Games thread.

They weren't exactly forthcoming about it back then, hence the issue. I should probably cut them some slack though, they were ace for imports up until then.
From reports in the Canadian Gaming Deals thread, you shouldn't trust VGP with credit card payments even now.

Sorry but something is up with VGP.
I never had my card compromised in 5 years and a month after I used VGP, my card was compromised.

Only time my card was comprimised was after I placed a few orders at VGP.

Sure that doesn't confirm it but when my card is only used at best buy,amazon and walmart it makes me think it was that.

Same exact thing happened to me. I don't think this is all a coincidence...

Mine too, was a few months after a purchase although

Wow I never knew VGP cards getting hacked was a thing. Now that I think of it, my recently compromised card was literally last used on root letter at vgp, and never had a card compromised before that.

Damnit, I had my new card there for steins;gate 0 before I cancelled

If you're going to shop there then for the love of god use PayPal.
Even more people shared the same stories in the LRG thread after that post.

To those of you buying Yakuza 3 I would highly recommend printing out this cover:

Yakuza3V3Preview.png

http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?320525-My-Custom-Yakuza-3-Boxart

The US cover art is awful. Anyway, I originally bounced off of 3 back when it launched stateside because it starts VERY slow. I look forward to jumping back into it sometime after I get through Kiwami though.

Nipticking but is there a PAL version ?

Going to print this if not

LiK

Probably.

Here's a post of mine from the Limited Run Games thread.

Even more people shared the same stories in the LRG thread after that post.

Jesus. I should check if I used a CC on their site. I forget.

Edit: can't tell. Don't think I had any fraud charges during my experience. I forget.

chrono01

Jesus. I should check if I used a CC on their site. I forget.
I used my credit card on their website back in September, but I remember my card was compromised (which could have been because of an order I placed through them a few months prior to this) and was issued a new card. I can't remember if the new card issued was before or after the September order. If it was before, no worries, as I used PayPal for today's order. If it was after, however...well, I'd better keep a close eye on my credit card transactions.

Shoulda ported the HD collection to something other than Wii U.

It was released on PS3 too.

What's the likelihood of Yakuza 2 Kiwami? I'd rather wait for that.

Relatively likely given that Kiwami was a big success and Yakuza 2 is one of the most popular titles in the series. It would also fill a nice gap in the franchise while they retool after Yakuza 6 concluded Kazama's story.

However it probably wouldn't release here until 2019 if it's made.

So if I buy all four from VGP, what shipping would you guys recommend?

Free Standard Shipping
With purchases of $50.00 or more $0.00CDN

USPS Priority Mail
US : 0.21 lb(s) $6.99CDN

DHL Express
Delivery is 2-4 Business days [WITH TRACKING] US : 0.21 lb(s) $19.99CDN

Fed Ex Priority
Delivery is 1-4 Business days [WITH TRACKING] US : 0.21 lb(s) $24.99CDN

These are the choices I've got.

That's cool.

I didn't realise Yakuza 2 was also fetching £60 in UK but then again I do believe they printed a whole lot less after the poor sales of 1.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
This means Y0 must have been doing quite well? Given that I can only see that as the impetus to suddenly reorder these.

Akoi

This is tempting but too much for my blood.. Might pick up 2 and 3 (since the remake is coming out for 1 soon and I have 4 and 5 from Playstation plus)

Hesh

Hmm, I wonder if this means the pack-in DLC codes will be reactivated. I was bummed out when I started Y3 a couple years ago from my unopened copy from launch that the DLC code wouldn't work (expiring digital codes is an evil, evil practice), then got bummed out again when I started Y4 last month with, again, an unopened launch copy to see that my code expired last year. :|

Until SEGA remakes 2 and localizes it, this is probably the best deal to get Yakuza 2...which is like 10 years old now.

If you want a reason own 1? I guess for the original version of the story(Kiwami extends some aspects a bit) and for the dub (I mean Mark Hamill as Majima is something)

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
Bought a copy of 2, now should I buy 4? I already have Y4 free from ps+ and honestly I'm probably never going to play it (or 2 for that matter, but I'm not opening that one up) but I wonder if it'll ever be hard to find.

Snagged a copy of 2, since I already own 3, 4, and Dead Souls (and 5, digital :/ ). May as well wait for Kiwami to play the first one.

Can't believe I'm buying a new PS2 game in 2017, but here we are.

Fuck me...I resisted but ended up buying all 3 after maybe like an hour. Uhhhg... I told myself I was done buying games to add to my backlog. Plus I'm trying to save cash! Argh! This damn habit of mine!!!! I feel like it was a very limited opportunity

Zolo

Just out of curiosity, how much did it cost to get Y3 before this (new or used)? I just know Y2 was over $100.

Does 1 still have that backwards compatibility problem on the PS3 where it wouldn't let you progress past a certain point in the story?

I own Yakuza 1, 2, and 3 and made a go at playing them a few years back. Yakuza 3 is still in the shrink wrap! I'm planning on picking up and actually playing Yakuza 0 as soon as I'm employed again.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
bought mine for $5 at gamestop two years ago

I saw Yakuza 2 used with box there a few years ago for about $10. Didn't get because at the time I was sure that the HD double-pack would come out here :( Yeah, picking them up today now...

EmiPrime

Stop giving VGP your business. An online store that literally has all your personal details including credit card details openly accessible to anyone with rudimentary knowledge of SQL exploits deserves bankruptcy not your custom.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Stop giving VGP your business. An online store that literally has all your personal details including credit card details openly accessible to anyone with rudimentary knowledge of SQL exploits deserves bankruptcy not your custom.

But I save about $25 then going on Amazon... I'm using Paypal, at least. They are also the ones funding these reprints.

BKK

Surprised that Sony still print PS2 games, but I guess it's a lot simpler than UMDs. I think the last PS1 print was for the Japanese "Metal Gear 20th Anniversary: Metal Gear Solid Collection" which contained PS1, PS2, & PSP games (I've got this one). That was July 26 2007, less than 13 years from PS1 release. This is nearly 17 years since PS2 release, quite remarkable.

Top Bottom