• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited reprints of Yakuza 1-4 now available

Mrmask

I only owned Yakuza 3, but I decided to just buy the 4 pack on VGP. Great series though, so I know the price is worth it.

So glad I grabbed Yakuza 2 back when it first came out. Played Y1 and was intrigued (VO was awful) and walked into a Best Buy to browse and saw Y2 on the shelf. Decided to jump in since I read they ditched the English VO for the original Japanese one and it was $29.99. I figured the series DOA and should at least enjoy this one while it lasts.

Luckily I was wrong and we're on Y0 and a bunch of spinoffs.

Just bought 2 and 4, already have copies of 1 and 3 along with 0. Thiso is exciting, I've been looking for a copy of Yakuza 2, prices are super high for the game second hand

I don't have 1, 2, or 3. I have Yakuza 4 and finished it, this was my first game in the series. I started Y0 and I'm liking it so far. I'm definitely getting the kiwami of the first game, I just hope they remake the second one.

If you want Yakuza 2 I would jump on this, for Yakuza 1 you can find second hand copies in good condition for way cheaper than $50, I don't think it's worth it unless you are going to keep it sealed. The PS3 games can be found pretty easily used as well, but the reprint is cheaper for those so it's probably worth it.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Sega should really bite on releasing these on the PS2 classics with trophy support on the PS4. It seems like Yakuza as a series has more buzz than it has in a long time and with the remake of 1 and Yakuza 6 coming, now is the time to capitalize.

I have never played any of the Yakuza games and would be interested if not for full retail price of a reprint of a PlayStation 2 game.

My PlayStation 2 is fully functional as well

joms5

Arg. I was afraid this day would come.

I haven't even started Yakuza 0 yet. No clue if I will even like it or not and now all these are available again. What to do.

I was hoping they would announce HD remasters of 3 and 4 on ps4. Do I chance it and wait?

LiK

Arg. I was afraid this day would come.

I haven't even started Yakuza 0 yet. No clue if I will even like it or not and now all these are available again. What to do.

I was hoping they would announce HD remasters of 3 and 4 on ps4. Do I chance it and wait?

don't risk it man. just get them now.

kennyamr

I have never played any of the Yakuza games and would be interested if not for full retail price of a reprint of a PlayStation 2 game.

My PlayStation 2 is fully functional as well

Buy Yakuza 0 for PS4, like now.

It's a preeeeety awesome game. It's my very first one in the series, and I think it already may be my personal GotY for 2017.

Sega should really bite on releasing these on the PS2 classics with trophy support on the PS4. It seems like Yakuza as a series has more buzz than it has in a long time and with the remake of 1 and Yakuza 6 coming, now is the time to capitalize.

Well I can't speak for Japan but it literally has the most buzz that it has ever had in the West. Last time Sega made a big push here with this series was with 3 but people got so outraged over Sega cutting out the Hostess content that I think that sucked some of the wind from the series sails in the West. Just a theory...

According to their twitter they go through USPS. And my order to my California address went through no problem so far. still pending but i got an order in at least

amazon says out of stock
I'm stuck in a loop trying to order using PayPal as my payment method, any suggestions?

too bad they cut out a lot of the hostess content. wish they would rerelease it with the cut content.
yeah i really hope and they release it for ps4 with all the edited content
The king is back!
=D
Get Dead Souls, guys! It's a misunderstood gem.
i hope this is also remastered or re-released on ps4 with fixed camera controls. i really liked it.

Damn, too slow... Yakuza 2 is out of stock at amazon. Bummer too, been looking for it for a long time.
damn... that was fast

i gave up and used my card
oh man, keep monitoring that card bc credit cards were stolen in the past. only use paypal on that site.

D-Man

SHARE THE HEAT
Yeah, I ended up biting the bullet and got this new copy of Y4. Gonna give my old one to a friend who wants to play Yakuza after watching me play Y0.

I loved Y4, so I don't mind buying it twice. That and I hate having my collection ruined due to offbrand boxes.

Dogg448

I ended up cracking and getting both 2 and 3 since I already own 4 and 5 thanks to PlayStation Plus a while back. Looks like I'm gonna have to eat cheap for the next two weeks.

chrono01

Seeing Amazon sell out already, I placed an order for Yakuza 2. 1 is all I'm missing now in the physical copies (at least for NA, since we didn't get 5), but I'm hesitant to purchase it just for collection-sake, since I'm already getting Kiwami which is a MUCH better version. Maybe if it was cheaper (say $29.99) I would have did it, but not for $49.99.

We may or may not get a Kiwami 2, so if we don't, I at least wanted Yakuza 2.

UberTag

Snapped up copies of Yakuza 2 and 3. Already have 4 and 5 digitally... along with physical of 0 now and Kiwami this summer.

That just leaves Dead Souls. I'm still not sold on Dead Souls.

Menitta

It seems to be back up on Amazon. Is Jadd Entertainment the seller? Just wanna make sure this is the right one.

Edit: Yakuza 2 that is.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Snapped up copies of Yakuza 2 and 3. Already have 4 and 5 digitally... along with physical of 0 now and Kiwami this summer.

That just leaves Dead Souls. I'm still not sold on Dead Souls.
You can tell Dead Souls is like a precursor to Binary Domain. It almost makes you wish they just changed the engine completely and did it with Binary Domain's controls and gameplay in mind.

Animekatt

ONLY USE PAYPAL IF BUYING ON VGP. Unless you want fraudulent charges...

Listen to this person! I went through 3 different cards last year because of this!

That said, I'm so so soooo happy I was able to finally purchase Yakuza 2 to complete my collection for now. I bought it from VGP using paypal.

Top Bottom