• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited reprints of Yakuza 1-4 now available

bigmac996

VGP is the best! They're my local retailer here in Toronto too, if I ever move away it'll be the biggest thing I'll miss from the city.

Drago

This is amazing, got a copy of Yakuza 2 and also got a used copy of Yakuza 1 since that was still cheaper than the reprint. I have a long laundry list of PS2 games I still want to pick up but Yakuza 2 was I think the only one on it that crossed the $100 mark (and by a lot, too) so this reprint is perfect. Now I just have to make time to actually play them!

stn

Awesome!! I suggest everyone buy 2, its the best in the series so far (have yet to beat 0).

Jimrpg

This is amazing!

Why isn't there a kickstarter or something to get reprints of older games?

Wouldn't that be easier than paying hundreds of dollars for a sealed copy of say Demon's Crest or Earthbound?

colonyoo

Honestly just kinda caught off guard by the fact that a retailer can just get PS2 games reprinted so suddenly in 2017. Though iirc I think Atlus did some library reprinting not too long ago, so maybe it's not too surprising.

In any case if you've gotta snag any of em, Yakuza 2 is the one to get, I've seen it getting close to $100 for just a loose disc in the past year or so

Jimrpg

Yakuza 1 is the only one with English VA if you want to hear it.

Yakuza 2 is hard to find.

Yakuza 3 is only available in physical copy.

Yakuza 4 is fantastic.

Buy them all.

EDIT: $180 canadian! well buy them if you have the money!

olimpia84

Crazy how 3 and 4 are $40 now. They were basically giving them away for less than $15 for so long lol
And as much as I want to play 2 I think I'll just wait for a remake/HD port

I mean they do have the remade version for the WiiU that is only in Japan. I'm assuming that is the version they are porting to the PS4.

Porting the Yakuza 2 remake doesn't seem like totally impossible.

If Yakuza 2 comes to PS4 it will probably be a total remake like Kiwami, perhaps using the 0/Kiwami engine since most of the assets are already done.

The Wii U version (which wasn't a remake like Kiwami but just an HD remaster) was also released on PS3 so it's very doubtful that they would bring that version to PS4.

Demoskinos

If Yakuza 2 comes to PS4 it will probably be a total remake like Kiwami, perhaps using the 0/Kiwami engine since most of the assets are already done.

The Wii U version (which wasn't a remake like Kiwami but just an HD remaster) was also released on PS3 so it's very doubtful that they would bring that version to PS4.

Oh? Well I just got learned. I totally thought Kiwami was just a HD re-release basically.

Yakuza 2 really is excellent on PCSX2. I mean, it's excellent to begin with, but emulation gets rid of a lot of the foibles of the PS2 version like long load times and low resolution, and being able to Quick Save and Quick Load is godly for cheating at gambling and minigames :p

Though it does seem like a Yakuza 2 remake is almost inevitable at this point.

but it's better than Y3 get it instead

I looked up some gameplay that fixed camera on Y2 is really turning me off. I don't mind it in some games but for an open world game like this I feel like it would get on my nerves eventually. Plus I feel like 2 has a way better chance of being remade than 3.

Menitta

I looked up some gameplay that fixed camera on Y2 is really turning me off. I don't mind it in some games but for an open world game like this I feel like it would get on my nerves eventually. Plus I feel like 2 has a way better chance of being remade than 3.

Well, if you're gonna get one of the PS3 games, at least get 4. 4 is one of my favorites.

The thing that would really get on your nerves is that the ambient background noise track when you run around Kamurocho is literally a four second loop. In both Yakuza 1 and 2. I played through them both late last year and I found it infuriating :p

This is honestly unexpected but freakin' awesome! Get them if you can(especially Yakuza 2), all are great! I personally never had Yakuza 1 in my collection and I'm thinking of getting it just for having a complete Yakuza collection even though Kiwami is coming out this summer.

Mooreberg

Got all of those, but this is a good chance for anybody who has not played them. I would buy a physical copy of Yakuza 5 if they would sell it in North America.

Get Dead Souls, guys! It's a misunderstood gem.

The forklift sequence is one of the worst thigns I've experienced in a game so far this decade.

Zalman

In an ideal world, Sega would:
- Make Yakuza 2 Kiwami.
- Release 3, 4 and 5 remasters on a PS4 disc.
That would get the entire series on one console.

- Make Yakuza 2 Kiwami.
They really should make Y2 Kiwami and bring it over here, since
Y6's story is heavily tied to Y2

Y1 and Y2 has aged badly and janky as hell in terms of gameplay.

IrishNinja

best news all day! hope everyone waiting on 2 to be accessible dives in

Finally getting the sales it needs!

haha...harsh, but fair

man, this warms my heart <3

BUY

YAKUZA 2

PLEASE

LISTEN TO THIS MAN

ONLY USE PAYPAL IF BUYING ON VGP. Unless you want fraudulent charges...

what's the story here?

To those of you buying Yakuza 3 I would highly recommend printing out this cover:

that one's great, i went with the master system style grid cover...did the same for 5, can't resist that style!

$49.99 for PS2 titles? Yeah, no thanks.

have you seen what 2 goes for now? it's a steal here

- Make Yakuza 2 Kiwami.

we might be getting kiwami 2, still to early to say
as for 3-5 that might be wishful thinking but i'd love it, hell just to see them all on PSN would be a great start

Haven't played a Yakuza game but I've got a friend that gushes about them so this might be an opportunity. Curious though before I pull the trigger, how do Yakuza 1 and 2 handle on the software BC PS3s?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
LISTEN TO THIS MAN

what's the story here?

It was posted a few pages back, but on another topic a lot us us found the correlation between using a card on VGP and getting some fraud charge on it. Happened to be around the time that they released a bunch of rare reprints. For me, I had some charge of some website loan for like $50 or something. First and only time I've had fraud for something like that.

Seriously though, they really really need better site security.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It was posted a few pages back, but on another topic a lot us us found the correlation between using a card on VGP and getting some fraud charge on it. Happened to be around the time that they released a bunch of rare reprints. For me, I had some charge of some website loan for like $50 or something. First and only time I've had fraud for something like that.

Seriously though, they really really need better site security.
Let's add a little more background to show how incompetent VGP is. 5 years ago VGP had a major security breach where all customer data was stolen and they didn't tell anyone about it and took almost 2 weeks to even acknowledge it and never emailed all their customers about it. It was reported no financial data was lost but considering their present incompetence where customer CC info is regularly breached shortly after making a purchase there I really doubt that was true either. If you're going to make a purchase on that site then protect your CC info by using PayPal instead.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Let's add a little more background to show how incompetent VGP is. 5 years ago VGP had a major security breach where all customer data was stolen and they didn't tell anyone about it and took almost 2 weeks to even acknowledge it and never emailed all their customers about it. It was reported no financial data was lost but considering their present incompetence where customer CC info is regularly breached shortly after making a purchase there I really doubt that was true either. If you're going to make a purchase on that site then protect your CC info by using PayPal instead.

Crazy, I never heard about that one. Sucks though, that they are the only ones doing the reprints :/ I just wish there was a way for them to acknowledge their wrongs and fix things...

Crazy, I never heard about that one. Sucks though, that they are the only ones doing the reprints :/ I just wish there was a way for them to acknowledge their wrongs and fix things...

glad at least it's being offered through amazon and ebay as alternatives if people don't want to use their site.

Top Bottom