• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games |OT2| Sweet XOXO for Digital to Physical Media

I hope it's Nuclear Throne

For another Japanese game releasing alongside Ys Origin? :p

I hope it is this week though. The late announcements are a bit of a bummer for working things out. If it's a worthwhile game, I'll try and grab it & Ys (and cancel my Asian pre-order) but if it's nothing worthwhile then I'll just stick with my Play-Asia order.

hawk2025

Last thing I've had ship was Jotun.

Anyone got any of these yet:

- Wonderboy
- Drive Drove Drive
- Neurovoider
- Oceanhorn
- Plague Road

Any surprises? Manuals? Trading card pictures?

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/897210453016928256

DHOIIwKWAAEa_Xt.jpg:large

1u3c2r.jpg

I honestly never heard of Lili. Might as well go check it out.
I've had the iOS version for a couple of years. What I played was fun. It's a very chill adventure game that looked pretty groundbreaking at release. Controller support was added, but there are compatibility issues with the newer versions of iOS so I haven't revisited it.

Would I want a physical version? Eh... probably not.

- Wonderboy
- Drive Drove Drive
- Neurovoider
- Oceanhorn
- Plague Road

I generally check to see how many of the Ebay sellers have transitioned from stock photos to pictures of the game. Usually a good indication of how many are out there. Wonderboy is still stock photos. Oceanhorn is mostly stock photos. Neurovoider has too few listed to get a good idea. Plague Road is skewed because of the Kickstarter backer copies so you can't just easily use key phrases like "in hand" in your search. Drive! Drive! Drive! is about 50/50.

jason00

Neo Member
My copy of Oceanhorn arrived today. Came with trading card #16, no idea if it has a manual since I leave my games sealed until I am about to play them and I am still working my way through Crash.

I think I will try for Lili - it looks cool and I love 3D adventure platformers like that.

- Wonderboy
- Drive Drove Drive
- Neurovoider
- Oceanhorn
- Plague Road

I've gotten shipping notices for all of the ones on your list (except Plague Road, which I didn't buy).

I've received Oceanhorn so far. No manual, only an insert.

NR1

my copies of Oceanhorn and Plague Road arrived Saturday and my copy of Jotun arrived today. I have shipping notices for Drive Drive Drive and Neurovoider, so those should be arriving later this week.

Desty86

Neo Member
my copies of Oceanhorn and Plague Road arrived Saturday and my copy of Jotun arrived today. I have shipping notices for Drive Drive Drive and Neurovoider, so those should be arriving later this week.

Lucky one. Last order shipped was Jotun. Nothing else shipped since this point. 5 unfullfilled orders... (with Skullgirls) :(

Plague Road Vita and the Wonder Boy CE are all we are waiting on. So if your order included either one those that is why it hasn't shipped yet.

N++ is awesome, so is Lili.

We should be announcing something regarding how we want to handle Ys Origin soon.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Plague Road Vita and the Wonder Boy CE are all we are waiting on. So if your order included either one those that is why it hasn't shipped yet.

N++ is awesome, so is Lili.

We should be announcing something regarding how we want to handle Ys Origin soon.

Oh ok, the other guy mentioned getting Plague Road already so I was confused.
Must have been the PS4 version.

So when is the Vita version due?

Just recieved the message, that LRG doesn't have any postcards and stickers for Dariusburst Vita anymore. I know, it's just a goodie, but somehow it feels incomplete now. I have cards and stickers for all other games.

I was afraid that this may happen, when using the hold service. And sadly it happened.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Just recieved the message, that LRG doesn't have any postcards and stickers for Dariusburst Vita anymore. I know, it's just a goodie, but somehow it feels incomplete now. I have cards and stickers for all other games.

I was afraid that this may happen, when using the hold service. And sadly it happened.

I believe Darius Burst Vita only had a sticker and trading card as opposed to a postcard.
The sticker is the same one that came with the PS4 version if you had gotten that.

This means I'll likely need to find a sticker/postcard for Volume whenever it ships with Skullgirls.

Weevilone

This seems strange to me. They know how many copies they have available to sell, and that hasn't changed. They shouldn't run out of those items until they run out of games to ship.

Unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot (again), so you print fewer stickers and cards than you do games. That way you can disappoint some people.

This seems strange to me. They know how many copies they have available to sell, and that hasn't changed. They shouldn't run out of those items until they run out of games to ship.

Unless you want to shoot yourself in the foot (again), so you print fewer stickers and cards than you do games. That way you can disappoint some people.
This is a strange criticism to me because LRG said from the beginning that stickers/cards were not guaranteed and were first come first serve.

This is a strange criticism to me because LRG said from the beginning that stickers/cards were not guaranteed and were first come first serve.

It's not that strange when you take into account that Weevilone got a bad experience with LRG customer support.

Maybe if LRG would suck up a little to him, perhaps send him some freebies or something, he would be less unconstructive to LRG's vile schemes for personal enrichment and ultimately world domination.

It's not that strange when you take into account that Weevilone got a bad experience with LRG customer support.

Maybe if LRG would suck up a little to him, perhaps send him some freebies or something, he would be less unconstructive to LRG's vile schemes for personal enrichment and ultimately world domination.
What was his bad experience?

Weevilone

I wouldn't agree that it's because of my personal experiences.

When you have collectors involved as we certainly do here, it's silly to short-print things like stickers and cards. Those are small items, but they're going to be important to the end users. Whether it's by design or not, it's just a bad idea.

If you disagree, please explain how printing fewer stickers than you ship games is a good idea.

The Dariusburst Vita sticker and postcards were from PS4 version.

We didn't have enough printed because we didn't know we'd be doing the Vita version at the time. We printed a little extra for PS4 just in case and to get price breaks, but after we signed Vita it would have been much more to print more.

Also by the time, we hit Vita we were going to cards.

Weevilone

That's a pretty solid explanation.

I know that I've received the sticker/card thing for each order I did, prior to the trading card thing anyways.

Samuray

I would really really love some details about August 25.....you know, the stuff that people keep wondering about....prices, quantities, this just-announced announcement, and oh hey, what other game will release on that day.
Don't understand the benefit in not telling us.

Ah well. ^^

We didn't have enough printed because we didn't know we'd be doing the Vita version at the time. We printed a little extra for PS4 just in case and to get price breaks, but after we signed Vita it would have been much more to print more.

Sorry to ask but do you still have any Shantae cards? I never got the one from Risky's Revenge and I was hoping that it could be sent along with my order of Night Trap PS4 CE.

LiK

This is a Destructoid problem. I suck with reading Twitter replies, and I remember seeing this post, but that's awful that they couldn't even tell the difference between some guy and LRG.

This could potentially ruin partnerships, so the site better come clean and apologize.

Yea, hopefully they retract that whole article. Very careless.

Jesus, there is zero indication of any sort that the dude was part of LRG. How the hell did Destructoid mess up that badly? When they came up with this premise and then actually wrote it, at no point did they ever think to double-check or do any sort of research?

Didn't get the trading card either. Support told me, it was still postcard + sticker for Dariusburst Vita. Is there a chance to atleast get the trading card?

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Time to bust out the lawyers in NC.

It's technically libel I guess, but you don't need to spend money on lawyers everytime these things happen. If it ended up actually affecting the business, then that's something else. Just need a retracting statement on it.

This is a Destructoid problem. I suck with reading Twitter replies, and I remember seeing this post, but that's awful that they couldn't even tell the difference between some guy and LRG.

This could potentially ruin partnerships, so the site better come clean and apologize.

This is at least the fourth time I can think of in the last six weeks that Destructoid has had to run a retraction. Absolutely ridiculous. I see that getting bought this summer has netted no editorial improvements. But at least they are running Game Of Thrones recaps now so you know that quality is at the heart of everything they do.

And here I am, throwing all stickers and cards in the trash.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
And here I am, throwing all stickers and cards in the trash.

I don't get this... Can't get them all so throw them out? Other people still want...

That's like when I found out that Kid Icarus cards wouldn't be sold in NA, if I just threw them out instead of selling them to someone else that collected them.

I just don't like waste :/ Second-hand sales/donations > adding more collectibles to a landfill.

Top Bottom