• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimm

I almost found myself in that mentality where I needed to try to buy each release. I have no idea why, I just found myself in this dumb fit of "well if I don't buy them now, I'll never have another shot at it!" but then I realized the correct response to that is "So what?" The LRG release list is full of games that other people have loved, but the majority have been games I don't love and that's okay. No need to let myself get fooled into thinking I need all these games just because they're rare.

That is kind of my problem too. I'm in a position where I'm happy to buy any LRG release that even slightly interests me and so far I've bought everything, not on both platforms mainly supporting vita. I've enjoyed everything I've played so far, except the two Breach and Clear games. They just aren't for me. I got the first one to support the company and the second because it came out at the same time as Soldiner (i think) so I thought screw it why not.
Thomas will be the first one I skip but everything else announced bar Silver Case interests me. So I guess I'll have like an 80% LRG collection rate haha.

No shame in not catching them all, It's very easy to get swept up in the hype train and buy everything because it's limited.

Mystery Chronicle: One Way Heroics + Thomas Was Alone Countdowns:
First Batch
t1475244000z1.png

Second Batch
t1475272800z1.png

So no-one posted this here yet? LRG's original wishlist when they started the company:

http://www.mightyrabbitstudios.com/limitedrunforums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=812

Game Title
TowerFall
Cosmic Star Heroine
Broken Age
Axiom Verge
Apotheon
Frozen Synapse Prime
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Divekick
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Transistor
Octodad
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book II
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Bastion
Jamestown+
Hand of Fate
Titan Souls
Everybody's Gone To The Rapture
Galak-Z
Costume Quest 2
Hatoful Boyfriend

UPCOMING
Hyper Light Drifter
Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Energy Hook
Banner Saga?
Salt and Sanctuary
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Samurai Gunn
Screencheat
Enter the Gungeon
Armikrog
SteamWorld Heist
H-Hour
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K
I Am Bread

Doesn't give any indication of what they've managed to sign among the games that aren't officially announced yet, though :p

I'd buy most of that list:

Game Title
TowerFall
Cosmic Star Heroine
Broken Age
Axiom Verge
Frozen Synapse Prime
Binding of Isaac Rebirth
Race the Sun
Pier Solar
Don't Starve
Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee
Transistor
Octodad
Mercenary Kings
Dragon Fantasy Book II
Dragon Fantasy Book I
Spelunky
Teslagrad
Bastion
Titan Souls

UPCOMING
Hyper Light Drifter
Magicka 2
The Escapists
Not A Hero
Banner Saga?
Salt and Sanctuary
Night in the Woods
Broforce
Enter the Gungeon
SteamWorld Heist
Invisible Inc.
Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm
Y2K

All of the above. Energy Hook would've been on there too if it hadn't been so bad.

Shizuka

I made sure Brazil wouldn't be in the bottom nine. Also, Dragon Fantasy just got here, no taxes required. LRG must be doing something right, it's the second in a row that has skipped customs.

I think that's all order across PS4 & Vita btw. I was just mentioning Vita since I'm a UK buyer who only gets for that console :p

Ditto, I'm from the UK as well and these days I pretty much only buy games for my Vita, only grabbing the rare current gen game that interests me. I guess I just prefer the niche games that the Vita has over the "AAA" games on consoles.

Broken Age
Axiom Verge

Frozen Synapse Prime
Binding of Isaac Rebirth

Hotline Miami 2?
Rogue Legacy
Guacamelee

Spelunky

Bastion
Jamestown+

Galak-Z

Broforce

Armikrog

Super Time Force Ultra
Chasm

Would. Especially for the Vita ones.

Galdius

I made sure Brazil wouldn't be in the bottom nine. Also, Dragon Fantasy just got here, no taxes required. LRG must be doing something right, it's the second in a row that has skipped customs.

Got mine as well.
It's very strange to receive games without the tax.
I also received a game from Germany this week without tax.

Prelude.

Alright, so I looked on their website and Italy isn't on the DDP list so I guess I'd have to pay customs as well. IIRC shipping was $15 (?) so that might still a bit too pricey for a game that I don't need.

shinkai

For once I won't have enough for all games. At most I'll just get both One Way Heroics but pass on Thomas Was Alone. Hopefully it won't be too expensive when I buy it second hand.

Semoreh

Does anybody know exactly by how much the shipping cost scales to Europe ? I'm tempted to invest and get 2 copies for each game on each platform (so 8 total) for future bartering, but I really don't know what I can expect in terms of shipping..

Anyway, even if I only get 2 games this afternoon as usual : I'm pumped :D

I hope this question won't be frowned upon :x

Does anybody know exactly by how much the shipping cost scales to Europe ? I'm tempted to invest and get 2 copies for each game on each platform (so 8 total) for future bartering, but I really don't know what I can expect in terms of shipping..

Anyway, even if I only get 2 games this afternoon as usual : I'm pumped :D

I hope this question won't be frowned upon :x

The only two shipping tiers I've seen are $15 and $22. I'm not sure if there are higher ones.

If you get so many games I'd also invest in a box so that's another $5

Semoreh

The only two shipping tiers I've seen are $15 and $22. I'm not sure if there are higher ones.

If you get so many games I'd also invest in a box so that's another $5

I'd be ok with 22 :)

And thanks for the piece of advice. I would definitely have forgotten about that box.

PS : If someone knows about a higher tier, thanks for sharing ^^

Work assigned a three hour "in conference rioom" meeting this morning.... Argh...

I guess I'll be buying at 5pm unless somehow there are bits versions of OWH left at 11am...

Hobbun

I think you might be alone there.

You know, because, uh... never mind.

Just not really interested in OWH. Not a real big fan of rogue-like games in the first place, but with the ‘continuing forward’ design of the game makes it more unappealing to me.

Which just means a copy for someone else!

kubus

I really don't know if I should go for all 4 releases this time... That's gonna be €100 incl. shipping :/. I would really love to have a complete LRG collection (I have every release so far), especially because they're numbered, but there are just way too many releases now to make it financially feasible :p

I wish LRG would number their games by title and not by separate release. So the PS4 and Vita version of the same game would be the same number. Then I'd just get each game on my preferred platform and still have a complete LRG collection. But that's just wishful thinking on my part and I respect their choice :)

edit: I would really appreciate it though if LRG would regularly update their "Upcoming releases" page. I have to constantly check this thread or their social media to keep up to date with which games have been announced, which I simply don't always have the time for. I used to check the OP of this thread but I know that Shantae was recently announced and it's not there nor on the LRG Upcoming Releases page.

Weevilone

Kind of odd that I'm having similar thoughts myself. 4 releases a month didn't bother me, but 6 is causing some second thoughts and if I stop something, it'll be the ps4 copies too.

I've already decided to stop buying soundtracks, just to much to keep up with on top of other new releases and retro purchases, something needs to give. Vita releases are what brought me here, I will keep up with those, the rest is becoming less important. I will admit it's hard to consider though, I haven't missed one yet.

Ditto. I'm honestly not interested in today's games, and the volume is getting uncomfortable. The shine is wearing off due to quantity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom