• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Limited Run Games - Putting digital games into your hands

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacksark

10 on VN,horror, RPG,platformers for me. 9 on action and adventure.
Also interested in ori and the blind forest for one and some games for the wii u/3ds like shantae and freeze me etc.
Love this kind of things, and the extra stuff has been very interesting too.

Prelude.

By the way, any info about Koei Tecmo?
I'm not expecting you to reply "Yeah, we're doing this" but can you at least tell us if anything came out of that conversation?

joe2187

Banned
I may be talking about pipe dreams here

But is there some way to convert a PSP UMD into a Vita cart?

because having the MGS AC!D games be playable on any format that isnt an older PSP would be amazing.

I may be talking about pipe dreams here

But is there some way to convert a PSP UMD into a Vita cart?

because having the MGS AC!D games be playable on any format that isnt an older PSP would be amazing.

You are reading my mind! I want so much to play the AC!D series on my Vita, but alas Sony or Konami is to stubborn to put them on PSN!!!

Curious about the mention of Xbox and 3DS/Wii U. Has there been any progress on being able to do small print runs on those platforms or is the question just gauging if it is still worth pursuing?

We have always kind of pursued it lightly, but if the interest is there we will tackle it harder!

The other concern was the minimum print size required for those systems.

zulux21

We took a lot of those genres from the PSN store, we removed Unique though, because that is just really vague.

I meant that those are what i voted for :p
though the only board game I can really think of would be armello that I could see you guys doing, as I don't think you guys have announced any plans of porting or localizing any games (otherwise I would dream about an itadaki street release :p)

In general I only buy limited editions for RPGs (Visual novels are an offshoot of those to me) thus why I voted for those as I have a feeling I will continue to skip most of your other releases as while i love physical games, I really can't justify spending a bunch on action games and what not that I won't sit down and play for 20+ hours.

blacksark

RPGs, VNs and manuals.

3DS games I'm not happy about because region locking, and I'm usually not a huge fan of standard CD + artbook + poster LEs

Design documents sound much more interesting already

My hope is that if you make LEs, they're going to include somewhat unique items

Damn haven't thought that they make ntsc releases. Still interested in 3ds as my brother has one but wii u :/

I mean if the majority is from NA and wants 3DS games who am I to say they shouldn't get them. But its annoying enough already to get shafted by Atlus, Aksys and now SEGA, seeing the same thing from LRG would break my heart

I mean if the majority is from NA and wants 3DS games who am I to say they shouldn't get them. But its annoying enough already to get shafted by Atlus, Aksys and now SEGA, seeing the same thing from LRG would break my heart

Plus 3DS stuff is region locked, so it makes importing them to Europe less appealing (in my opinion). I'm up for any types of games as long as they are on the Vita!

We have always kind of pursued it lightly, but if the interest is there we will tackle it harder!

The other concern was the minimum print size required for those systems.

Nice to know the window has not been entirely been closed. After Shovel Knight getting its retail release cancelled on XB1 I figured physical release were 100% off the table for that platform.

"How much over the base price of the game would you be willing to pay for a collectors edition? (Please use USD)"

What is the base price in US?

Famassu

I'm going to be selfish and say no 3DS or Wii U games. Fuck Nintendo for being so horrible towards loyal customers. Put all your effort into PS4, Vita & Xbone games that everyone can enjoy.

With the region lock in place (don't care if it's "easy" to bypass on 3DS) I honestly see no reason to do WiiU/3DS games. The potential for people being upset over not being able to play the extremely limited copy of a game they bought, just doesn't seem to be worth the headache. Then for Xbox...uhh, yeah. I mean I guess if enough people want them?

"How much over the base price of the game would you be willing to pay for a collectors edition? (Please use USD)"

What is the base price in US?

Depends on what kind of game it is. Unless it's a high profile indie, you can expect those for around $25-30. Now for a larger scale title, assuming we got anything from say Koei Tecmo or Sekai Project, I'd assume $40 would be a bare minimum.

Saoshyant

I'd like a physical release of Skullgirls Vita. I think Japan is getting one. We could get one through LRG -- can't imagine LabZero would oppose.

I'd like a physical release of Skullgirls Vita. I think Japan is getting one. We could get one through LRG -- can't imagine LabZero would oppose.

Japan is getting one, and its strongly rumored that a physical release via LRG is on the cards. Which has me at a crossroads. I'm not sure if I want to import the Japanese version, wait for a possible LRG release or grab the game now digitally (at least that'd net me the PS4 version as well).
I want to get the game now, but I also want to get a physical copy so I'm not sure if I should by the game now or wait... Hopefully something is announced soon!

blacksark

The creator of Unepic who is a Spanish developer is interested in a vita physical version you know LRG? It's a great game that many people would like ;)

Saoshyant

Just got an email, confirming the release date for Oddworld.

Things are about to get odd...

We're incredibly excited to announce that our limited edition physical run of Oddworld: New N' Tasty for PlayStation Vita and PlayStation 4 will be available to order on April 25th!

The game will be available in two equally sized batches. At 10AM EST on April 25th, half of the inventory will go up for sale. Later in the day at 6PM EST, the other half will go live.

The game will be strictly limited to one copy per platform per customer. We will be canceling any additional orders that abuse our limits.

The game is priced at $29.99 on both platforms. It is limited to 2,500 copies worldwide on PlayStation Vita and 5,000 copies worldwide on PlayStation 4. The PlayStation 4 version will include the additional "Alf's Escape" story DLC on the disc.

hawk2025

Damn, 29.99?

Regarding LEs: Anything but figurines, statues, and other things of the sort are cool.

Art books, Steelbooks, design documents, full color manuals, and other complementary materials are all excellent additions for me. But I feel like they should be just that, "archival" supplemental material and packaging.

I know a lot of people love figurines, though, so it would be totally understandable if that's the direction it goes :)

The creator of Unepic who is a Spanish developer is interested in a vita physical version you know LRG? It's a great game that many people would like ;)

This would be great.

The game will be strictly limited to one copy per platform per customer. We will be canceling any additional orders that abuse our limits.

YES! Excellent change :)

Olengie

Japan is getting one, and its strongly rumored that a physical release via LRG is on the cards. Which has me at a crossroads. I'm not sure if I want to import the Japanese version, wait for a possible LRG release or grab the game now digitally (at least that'd net me the PS4 version as well).
I want to get the game now, but I also want to get a physical copy so I'm not sure if I should by the game now or wait... Hopefully something is announced soon!

For the record, the game is dual audio and it defaults to systems language and it also has custom languages.

Was playing that last week, fun game. Has a vibe that fits in will with games like SMRPG and YIIK too. I'd buy it.

LQX

Yikes! Slowly upping the price. Hope we don't reach the point we are paying EBay prices for these things. That said, the price is still fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom