• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Linkin Park Releases New Music Video + Announces One Night Show To Celebrate Chester

Strakt

20170918_144525_10272_1011690.jpeg

UPDATE: You can watch live 10/27 on youtube:

krQE09R.png

Music Video - One More Light (Chester Tribute)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm8LGxTLtQk&feature=youtu.be

One Night Show - October 27th

https://linkinpark.com/news/news/449113/linkin-park-friends-celebrate-life-in-honor-of-che

Linkin Park announce a special show in honor of Chester. The one-night-only celebration will take place in Los Angeles at the legendary Hollywood Bowl on Friday, October 27, 2017. The band will be joined by a number of other artists, for an unforgettable night of music to honor the man that touched the lives of so many around the world.

belushy

Banned
Love this. Wish I could go but its not likely. Hopefully its livestreamed or put on Youtube afterward.

edit: This music video is going to make me cry.....

The Hollywood Bowl will be so heartbroken during this concert, likely not a dry eye in the entire venue. Should be an amazing tribute.

zulux21

The music video is quite touching, and in general I hope that they stream the concert as I would love to watch that.

I knew One More Light would be a single after the news and I had a feeling it would be loads of moments throughout the bands life

Still hit me in the feels :(

I hated the One More Light album when I first heard it...now I listen to it all the time I really appreciate it

Wish I could go to the show but I live in the UK

Hope the band put it on YouTube in like an official video etc

zulux21

I knew One More Light would be a single after the news and I had a feeling it would be loads of moments throughout the bands life

I hated the One More Light album when I first heard it...now I listen to it all the time I really appreciate it

I think one more light would have been a single even without what happened to chester. It was always an important song to Chester, and quite frankly I have always thought it was the best song on the album.

but yeah, here's hoping the concert is streamed somehow. I want to watch this and I know I can't go.

I'm just madly in love with sharp edges fuck that song is good

Nowise10

Posted it in the suicide thread, but does anyone have a rough estimate of how much a trip like this would cost? Concert tickets + plane tickets + hotel for a night? Never really done a trip like this before but really don't want to miss such an event.

Posted it in the suicide thread, but does anyone have a rough estimate of how much a trip like this would cost? Concert tickets + plane tickets + hotel for a night? Never really done a trip like this before but really don't want to miss such an event.

Hard to say depending on where you're flying in from. Concert tickets themselves shouldn't be too expensive especially if you don't mind sitting in the back of the venue. Hotels can vary between $50-$100+. There's affordable ones in and around North Hollywood/Burbank which are very close to the Hollywood Bowl.

zulux21

I mean the tickets will likely be 50-100
a hotel around 250 for a decent one, or more like $100 for a cheaper one. (la isn't cheap :p)
plane tickets could be 200-1000 round trip depending on what you fly and where you are flying from ect.

ZeoVGM

Banned
I wish I had the money right now to try and go to this. Unfortunately, that would require a plane and hotel along with the tickets and I live in Massachusetts.

Also, that video. Jesus.

I'm just madly in love with sharp edges fuck that song is good

"Sharp Edges" became a top 10 LP song the moment I heard it. If they do one more single after this, it needs to be that. One of the catchiest songs of the year.

Koopatrol

Very touching video. Loved all the old footage they included from their DVD's and LPTV episodes. I rejoined the LPU back in July after Chester died, so I hope I get a presale code soon. I'd really like to attend the event.

zulux21

Man, I hope tickets don't cost upwards of $150.

they likely won't if you get to them before the scalpers.

but no doubt scalpers will be snagging as many of these as they can and selling them for hundreds if not thousands.

it's a one night showing, likely with a bunch of talented artists that have never performed together and will likely never perform together again sharing their love of music and of chester together. These will no doubt sell out quickly.

I mean hell, the special items made for his funeral that was invite only still had a ton of them show up on ebay :/

Hesh

they likely won't if you get to them before the scalpers.

but no doubt scalpers will be snagging as many of these as they can and selling them for hundreds if not thousands.

it's a one night showing, likely with a bunch of talented artists that have never performed together and will likely never perform together again sharing their love of music and of chester together. These will no doubt sell out quickly.

I mean hell, the special items made for his funeral that was invite only still had a ton of them show up on ebay :/

Oh, no doubt that soulless scalpers will try to get over $300 for these tickets. I'm just worried that with Ticketmaster and "venue" fees that genuine tickets may be at a high premium because this is a one night only thing and could very well be the last Linkin Park performance ever. If the proceeds go to charity then that lessens the blow, but usually those sort of one night only charity events are held at smaller venues like the Troubador or the Wiltern.

zulux21

Oh, no doubt that soulless scalpers will try to get over $300 for these tickets. I'm just worried that with Ticketmaster and "venue" fees that genuine tickets may be at a high premium because this is a one night only thing and could very well be the last Linkin Park performance ever. If the proceeds go to charity then that lessens the blow, but usually those sort of one night only charity events are held at smaller venues like the Troubador or the Wiltern.

Given the bits of talk we have seen the odds of this being the last linkin park performance ever is very very very low.

they have made it pretty clear that they want to move forward together in their limited talks since Chester's passing.

obviously they will never be the same, and it's likely the only chance you will see this certain group of friends, but I have a feeling Linkin park & friends will likely be how the band goes forward for a while.

odds are linkin park going forward will be a lot like Santana where most of their songs will be featuring other artists. I mean Chester even worked with Santana in the past.

Koopatrol

Prices might be high because scalpers may advertise it as Linkin Park's last show, and that could be true... but I don't think that will be the case. There's no doubt in my mind that they continue on considering the shows in Japan still haven't been cancelled. Also, this statement from Joe makes it sound like that will be the case:

Joe Hahn said:
It has been incredibly emotional to work on this, and especially to watch it. I feel that by doing it, we not only faced some of our biggest fears, but it enabled us to use our talents to bring some light to people that need it. As we move forward to the Hollywood Bowl show and beyond, I think about the people that connect with the band, outside and inside our circle. This video is a gesture of good will to the people that want that connection.

From his twitter: https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/909803993223749632

zulux21

Prices might be high because scalpers may advertise it as Linkin Park's last show, and that could be true... but I don't think that will be the case. There's no doubt in my mind that they continue on considering the shows in Japan still haven't been cancelled. Also, this statement from Joe makes it sound like that will be the case:

From his twitter: https://twitter.com/joehahnLP/status/909803993223749632

when they first started talking about doing a show like this they were also using wording like "as we work towards the future of linkin park" which would imply that they want to continue working together.

basically there haven't been any signs that they are planning on calling it quits, while there have been plenty of signs that they will continue together.

zeemumu

The tribute almost made me tear up. I held it back but it was comin'.

I'd hope that I can get tickets to the tribute show.

Ashhong

Gonna be honest, I usually scalp tickets but even I cannot do that with this. Just not right. I just want to go for myself and pay tribute

The next single really needs to be "Halfway Right". I feel like it's a companion piece to OML more than any other song on the record.

Anyone here an LP underground member willing to share the presale code? I want to get some tickets before the general goes onsale and the scalpers take them all

Koopatrol

Just bought my tickets. Not sure if anyone else here has bought them yet, but I tried selecting Garden Boxes and nothing was available... so I just took what it gave me in section F1, didn't want to take any chances on missing out on this event. Not sure if ticketmaster automatically recommends the next best tickets so not sure if I would've been able to get better tickets, but oh well.

Jzero

I wanted to go but driving to Hollywood and parking up there is a bitch so i'll just see the show on people's snapchat stories and regret it later.

Alphahawk

It was impressive how they were able to put together a video that didn't just feel like a collections of archival footage. I mean by definition the entire thing is made up of archival footage, but it doesn't feel it.

Top Bottom