• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Link's Crossbow Training screens

Zeed

Banned
TSA said:
Eh? I posted that info that a source stated the game was a "sequel" to Twilight Princess in that it takes place post-TP, but nothing as in depth as what you said. The other element I said was Princess Zelda would be playable.
Well I distinctly remember reading what I just posted about, but you're the Zelda master so far be it from me to argue.

when I get this game I will be playing it without the Zapper shell.

earlier today I wanted to really see if it would help, so I got my old Wiimote desert eagle shell (its that white one that looks like a normal handgun) and put in Wii Play. I tried several times with the gun shell going from one hand to two hands on it to see if it would help, and after a few minutes with it, I got an alright score, nothing special. Then I tried it again with just the wiimote and no gunshell and first attempt I went past even double my score with the shell.

I actually do play a lot of light gun games on a variety of systems since the NES, but I just dont think a shell for the wiimote is a better solution for aiming and all it will add is the idea that you are holding a gun like toy.

Jiggy

TSA said:
Eh? I posted that info that a source stated the game was a "sequel" to Twilight Princess in that it takes place post-TP, but nothing as in depth as what you said. The other element I said was Princess Zelda would be playable.
If this ends up being true, I'll be very happy. :D

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Dama said:
It looks like a Zelda mini game that was cut from the retail version and now they are charging $$$ for it.

Now now, that's not true. They're charging $ for it, not $$$.

$$$ would be at LEAST $50/$60 (full price this generation), if not more ("premium" releases). $ is a budget release, and $20 is the standard budget release price these days.

I'm not sure what $$ would be, though... a $30 game?

SantaC

Zeed said:
Well I distinctly remember reading what I just posted about, but you're the Zelda master so far be it from me to argue.

There is only one Zelda master and his name is Tricube. (aka Tritroid)

painey

DavidDayton said:
Now now, that's not true. They're charging $ for it, not $$$.

$$$ would be at LEAST $50/$60 (full price this generation), if not more ("premium" releases). $ is a budget release, and $20 is the standard budget release price these days.

I'm not sure what $$ would be, though... a $30 game?

DavidDayton
(Today, 05:14 PM)

1547124747_a55fc84550.jpg

Gears of Hyrule! :D

Gigglepoo

Dascu said:
Damn casuals. Real hardcore gamers like it harder.

The Zapper is for casuals, though. The Zapper perfectly mirrors Nintendo's design philosophy with the Wiimote. They designed the controller to look like a TV remote control so hesitant gamers wouldn't be scared to try it out. Now the Zapper looks like a gun (albeit a crappy gun) to showcase to non-gamers what the function of the controller is. They won't realize that it actually makes it more difficult to control. Just like many gestures are less precise than simply pressing a button but many people won't notice because they won't have experience with a more traditional design.

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
i hurts me inside to see this, and a little part of me will probably die when i buy it, but God be damned, i'm probably going to enjoy this game all the same...

Gigglepoo

Mithos Yggdrasill said:
Maybe it's only an in-packed game, but its graphics is pretty impressive. EAD is behind it and we can see it !

It looks just like Twilight Princess. Do you think it may share some assets?

Squeak

thorns said:
Is the zapper supposed to be held tommy gun style and not like a real gun/rifle? That's the thing that annoys me the most....
That's to discourage people from trying to aim over the "barrel" (which would need calibration (potentially every time the console is turned on because the sensorbar might have been moved)). You're supposed to aim by looking at the onscreen crosshair.

DDayton

painey said:
DavidDayton
(Today, 05:14 PM)

That's a compliment, right? At least I think it is, given the superiority of nerds in comparison to geeks.

marwan

Banned
underfooter said:
What the fuck is wrong with you guys?

1) The game and peripheral together are only 20 bucks.

2) It looks as good as Twilight Princess graphically.

3) You hold the thing like a cross-bow, it MAKES SENSE!

4) The game has a solid amount of modes, environments, and enemies.

5) You will all buy one and most likely enjoy it.

6) It will sell millions.

7) Shut up.

"7)" made me LOL! :lol

anyways...

1547991564_1154ae727d.jpg

link in space? when did that happen in TP? ....yah yah i can see the castle!

Top Bottom