• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lionhead working on Unreal Engine 4 game

Hindle

Banned
Fable is just plain fun to play, dressing your character as a goth and murdering rabbits isn't something that's in every game lol. Now that Moleyneux is gone they can focus on better gameplay mechanics, which would make Fable 4 the best in the series IMO.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
hopefully it's The Movies 2

ahhahahahahhahahahaa

Fable 4?

ju4Y3tX4tEwhz.png

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nhead.com/audio-designer/&hl=en&gl=us&strip=1

Lionhead Studios is looking for an experienced Audio Designer to assist in the creation and implementation of Sound Design for one of its current projects. This contract role requires the Audio Designer to work with the Sound Supervisor on the project to help realise the creative vision, through excellent sound design skills, audio feature design and implementation using Wwise and Unreal Engine 4.

Key Accountabilities

• Sound Design, Field Recording, Foley Recording, Dialogue Editing.
• Implementation using Wwise.
• Implementation of Audio into Unreal 4 Engine.

Essential Experience & Skills

• Excellent Sound Design Skills with a keen ear for detail and fidelity.
• The Desire to create Sound Design that pushes current Game Audio Techniques and Implementation.
• Working to a compact schedule.
• Advanced Wwise Implementation Skills.
• Unreal 3 Editor Experience – Kismet Scripting Logic for Sound Implementation. UE4 Experience would be a bonus.

Miles X

They need to dissolve this studio asap.

Last good game with their name on the title. I loved that stuff.

When they keep producing games that sell 3m+? (Journey excluded)

Stupid idea. Haven't even given them a chance to see their next gen offerings yet.

When they keep producing games that sell 3m+? (Journey excluded)

Stupid idea. Haven't even given them a chance to see their next gen offerings yet.

My post had nothing to do with a sales angle but more to do with what would be good for gamers. They didn't make one good game on 360 and seeing
as each Fable game has sold less and less I think even the charm of the games is finally wearing thin for people.

Miles X

My post had nothing to do with a sales angle but more to do with what would be good for gamers. They didn't make one good game on 360 and seeing
as each Fable game has sold less and less I think even the charm of the games is finally wearing thin for people.

'Each fable game' I don't think you can count Journy, and so that's basically Fable 3 selling less than 2. It still sold well IIRC. You don't make the decision to close a studio based on "what's best for gamer's" get out of lala land.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
From the rumors I've read, the MMO is a new IP, they are also making fable 4. I'll probably buy both.

I want one team to create a super engine exclusive to MS first party games so that all the other teams can focus on making games.

Sad that Halo 4 is the closest we came to that vision on the 360.

'Each fable game' I don't think you can count Journy, and so that's basically Fable 3 selling less than 2. It still sold well IIRC. You don't make the decision to close a studio based on "what's best for gamer's" get out of lala land.

Your taking my stance a little to seriously.

TriGen

Online Fable probably or Fable 4 with more online elements at least, I've been hearing about it for about three years -- likely launch title. Which I would be interested in. After Fable 2 I kind of drifted away, but really Fable is a game I always wanted to be more online-focused (I usually never say this about any game).

The main draw of Fable 2 for me and my brother was the online co-op potential, that ended up dissapointing, but if they take this all the way it could be neat. The estate ownership mixed with RPG gameplay lends itself to being an MMO-like game. If this is Fable and they pull it off this could be a title that attracts me to the next Xbox (I plan on getting it anyway, but I do need an exluisve to draw me in and I don't enjoy Halo, GoW or driving games that much).

Top Bottom