• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Little Big Planet VITA street date removed...avail. NOW!

KalBalboa

Banned
Is the online portion working yet? I put in my code and that installed, but I can't access any community features.

What's strange is that the code that comes inside the case states the following:

"Use the promotion code below to access the Big Daddy, Little Sister & Knights of Old costume packs for you Sackboy or Sackgirl."

I installed it, like you, but see no new content in-game. Any ideas on this?

Well, I sure hope you all enjoy the game as much as we enjoyed making it. Now...if I could just get a copy of the darn thing....

Taking over the reins on someone else's work is a daunting task. But, you guys seriously nailed it... and truthfully, surpassed the MM games in some ways!

Is the online portion working yet? I put in my code and that installed, but I can't access any community features.

No. I wish they would turn the servers on :(

Developers posted a few pages back saying they're investigating what's up with the servers. However, since it's the weekend, things are going slow.

Also, the DLC will be up on Tuesday.

MooMoo

So if DLC is supposed to go up this Tuesday what does that mean for the PSN release of the game? Is it still slated for 9/25 or should it be up this Tuesdy as well?

I woke up this morning fully expecting the digital version to be up on the PSN store and the servers turned on. Why is this not the case!?!?!?!?

TheMink

So um, is there LOCAL multiplayer?
Im so sick of there being wifi but no way to play the person sitting right next to you -_-

KalBalboa

Banned
I woke up this morning fully expecting the digital version to be up on the PSN store and the servers turned on. Why is this not the case!?!?!?!?

1) PSN doesn't update on Saturdays
2) The game was basically sold early at GameStop- it's not really supposed to be on sale yet

my daughter approves by a long shot, she loves it, I still cant get my VITA back dammit, lol!!

Check your PMs, Cornbread!

fernoca

I think they weren't ready for this game to be out yet and Sony caught them off guard.
Yeah.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Goes Gold!

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita has gone gold! This means that the game is now 100% complete — all that remains is for us to print off Sackboy’s new adventure and send it off to stores for release on September 25th!​

And then the game ends released 10 days earlier for some reason With no word or anything. Is like "well, here it is...whatever". And Gamestop doesn't break street dates per se, so whatever the reason; Sony was behind it too.

1) PSN doesn't update on Saturdays
2) The game was basically sold early at GameStop- it's not really supposed to be on sale yet

Future Shop and Newegg are also selling it early. Not sure if that was due to GameStop but Future Shop made it sound like the news came from SCEA so technically it is now supposed to be on sale.

It seems like the devs are the ones who were caught off guard.

TheMink

on the back cover. 1 player. Infrastructure Players: 2-4 Coop; 2-4 Competitive. so nothing.

What the hell. If im driving in the middle of the desert with my brother sitting right next to me what is wifi going to for me?
Wifi is the least important thing for a portable system. When are you going to be near a hotspot on the go??

Jeels

where is the code for costumes? the sheet says its pre-order bonus...but its the online pass.

I ordered from Gamestop and my code is on the receipt. Underneath the bar code. Say's "Your code to unlock the exclusive Bishock and Knights of Old skins for Little Big Planet Vita is: "

Nuklear

Banned
I usually use the rear touch pad only for the apps.

I think Tearaway might be the first game that use it properly. Little Deviants was just a showcase.

EscapePlan has a few use cases as well, but they are too scattered in the game to make any major impact. It did make some level hard though.

I liked how it was used in Katamari. I actually miss being able to stretch my Katamari when I play the PS3 game.

baekshi

Banned
I ordered from Gamestop and my code is on the receipt. Underneath the bar code. Say's "Your code to unlock the exclusive Bishock and Knights of Old skins for Little Big Planet Vita is: "

i bought it thinking it was inside the case :(

I am enjoying the game so far and just beat the first world/area set. Messed around in create a bit. The camera is great for getting real stuff into the game. So easy! Anyway, I am at the point where I need to brew a pot of coffee and watch the tutorial vids. I just feel daunted at the beginning, when I should really just read and study them one by one instead of just jumping in.

I hate the front and rear touch in the story levels though. When I make my level it will have none of that.

Grisby

Well, despite getting the text and going today my GameStop was royally confused. Apparently they are getting two copies in but not until the 25th (?).

Is it just preorders or should I take a trip to the bigger bigger city to try my luck?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
What the hell. If im driving in the middle of the desert with my brother sitting right next to me what is wifi going to for me?
Wifi is the least important thing for a portable system. When are you going to be near a hotspot on the go??

I'd assume "Infastructure" is just them dovetailing local ad-hoc with the online/infrastructure tag.

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita |OT| Not optimised for deserts

baekshi

Banned
Well, despite getting the text and going today my GameStop was royally confused. Apparently they are getting two copies in but not until the 25th (?).

Is it just preorders or should I take a trip to the bigger bigger city to try my luck?

didn't pre-order, still got it, but no dlc.. should had asked for it.

Just picked up my copy from Gamestop. This wil be the first LBP game I play, and the impressions sound great so far. Looking forward to it!

Snagged a copy at wal mart in ontario. Its also being sold at cheaper then the MSRP, at $32 for some reason. Is this normal?

anyways game is great. they should really do a bundle, wifi vita + LBP + 4 gig card for $250. right in time for the holidays, and you have everything you need to make 1 purchase and play immediately. this also isn't that much cheaper then the current pricing scheme but seems like a lot more value then having to buy everything individually

KalBalboa

Banned
I didn't buy mine at GameStop. It's definitely on sale now at any place that got their shipment. It's not a mistake on Gamestop's part.

I never said it was Gamestop's fault, I'm just saying that the game was supposed to be on sale two weeks from now, so the servers being offline shouldn't be a surprise.

Future Shop and Newegg are also selling it early. Not sure if that was due to GameStop but Future Shop made it sound like the news came from SCEA so technically it is now supposed to be on sale.

It seems like the devs are the ones who were caught off guard.

they released a patch today for the game... no online sadly

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Patch 1.01 Now Available, Is 32MB – Game Now Available For Purchase At Retail

■Minor level fixes
■Slight changes to some menus
■Improved performance and graphics
■Activity stream now easier to use
■Fixes to skill rewards on level badges
■Fixes to skill rewards when copying levels to My Moon

The servers not being online is a surprise to me. Did Greg Miller at IGN never get to test the online mode? Why are reviews coming out when they couldn't test it?

Having the servers online 2 weeks prior to release seems like a no brainer to me. Reviewers, ongoing Sony testing, etc. All are reasons those servers should be online now.

I shouldn't be surprised though, because I remember getting the first LBP early, and even a week before the release date the servers were not online. Of course the release date came and the online was a laggy mess that required patching to work properly.

Sony never learns from their mistakes.

spwolf

The servers not being online is a surprise to me. Did Greg Miller at IGN never get to test the online mode? Why are reviews coming out when they couldn't test it?

Having the servers online 2 weeks prior to release seems like a no brainer to me. Reviewers, ongoing Sony testing, etc. All are reasons those servers should be online now.

I shouldn't be surprised though, because I remember getting the first LBP early, and even a week before the release date the servers were not online. Of course the release date came and the online was a laggy mess that required patching to work properly.

thats how it works with every game... its because those few reviewers worlds apart dont get poor experience and write bad reviews because they played with someone 400ms away.

test_account

XP-39C²

The servers might be online, but not open for everyone. For example, i remember getting Modern Warfare 3 four days before the release date, and online didnt work until it was a few hours left to the release date.

they released a patch today for the game... no online sadly

LittleBigPlanet PS Vita Patch 1.01 Now Available, Is 32MB – Game Now Available For Purchase At Retail

■Minor level fixes
■Slight changes to some menus
■Improved performance and graphics
■Activity stream now easier to use
■Fixes to skill rewards on level badges
■Fixes to skill rewards when copying levels to My Moon

That is pretty fucking awesome to be releasing patches 10 days before the game was supposed to even be out.

Dat Sony Time Machine.

acc0db39521e84cf69bad6215c0338c4.gif

I just bought mines. My Gamestop literally just had it on the shelf, I grabbed it and paid for it no hassle. Funny thing I had no money to buy the game but I checked my other bank account and mysteriously had a deposit of $70 on my card a month ago so I used that to pay for it. :)

Will be playing today. I also only have some code on the back of the slip of paper inside the case with a code for costumes for big daddy etc. Is there something else I need?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Just thought I'd share some of my screens. They're from early in the game, since I've only cleared the first world so far (been jumping between this and Dayz):

I'm loving this game. LBP is one of the most charming IPs of the generation for me.

Just thought I'd share some of my screens. They're from early in the game, since I've only cleared the first world so far (been jumping between this and Dayz):

I'm loving this game. LBP is one of the most charming IPs of the generation for me.

Ah im not the only using the jacket. I only used it to make David Tennant from Doctor Who. Will post in a second.

edit:

Now I need something that looks like a sonic screwdriver >.<

Top Bottom