• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I'm hoping that tomorrow's PS Store update sees some more fixes, but we haven't had squat in the past two weeks.

Stanng243

I'm a bit confused. I bought the littlebigplanet Vita marvel edition, but the marvel dlc isn't showing as purchased for either the ps3 or ps4. I thought all DLC was cross-buy?

curb

Banned
I'm a bit confused. I bought the littlebigplanet Vita marvel edition, but the marvel dlc isn't showing as purchased for either the ps3 or ps4. I thought all DLC was cross-buy?

Apparently not in the Vita Marvel edition. I thought the same thing unless there's still store DLC issues that still need to be worked out.

Creaking

Probably not if the DLC was built-in. If it was a separate code, then it's a different issue.

Teknoman

Damn it, lol I really shouldnt have said something. Now i've got a glitch where during the last boss fight, Toggle turns invisible when he shrinks.

Creaking

I bought it digitally off the store. I'm not sure what you mean by built in.

If you look at your downloads/content list, is all the Marvel content there separate from the actual LBP Vita download? Or was that content already in the game without having to download/redeem anything separately?

Fj0823

Guys I'm about to buy this for my little bro, He LOVED LBP2.

Are the bugs and glitches REALLY that bad? Like would it make a 6 year-old cry?

I don't want him to have a let down like I had with DMC2 back in the day ):

We're working on the upcoming patch, so we'll let you know when stuff is coming up soon.

Damn it, lol I really shouldnt have said something. Now i've got a glitch where during the last boss fight, Toggle turns invisible when he shrinks.

You can remedy that by removing toggle's costumes before you start the level.

Teknoman

So in order to make Sackboy actually swing a sword power up, would I have to make some sort of sackbot as the main character, or is there a way to make a normal sackboy swing animation with the blaster handle? I've got the design I want, the emitted slash effect, and so after i'll attach a tag or something to it that activates a death effect on enemies, but I cant just have players holding a sword that somewhat works like a really short range gun. Animation wise anyway...

Guys I'm about to buy this for my little bro, He LOVED LBP2.

Are the bugs and glitches REALLY that bad? Like would it make a 6 year-old cry?

I don't want him to have a let down like I had with DMC2 back in the day ):

Personally I havent had it that bad until the little problem on the last stage.

We're working on the upcoming patch, so we'll let you know when stuff is coming up soon.

You can remedy that by removing toggle's costumes before you start the level.

And that should fix that little problem on that note.

Teknoman

Hmm...there might not be a way to make slap animation a sword swing...I might just have to go the obscure 90s JRPG route, and just make the sword a very short range magic wave generator (heh) and make up some story about why the sword works that way... Arcblades or something.

Creaking

Hey, some more Disney costumes this week.

16229853825_013b42e7f3_o.jpg

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/01/13/disneys-big-hero-6-comes-littlebigplanet-3-week/

I'm really glad to see these past few costume sets having 6 or more costumes for $6. Much better deal than what we've gotten in the past, which was most commonly 4 licensed costumes for $6. And some were really lame, like the Heavy Rain costumes (which was technically 5 costumes, but Scott Shelby has only one unique costume piece to his name, and the 5th costume is just a novelty hat without practical use) or those lame Ghost Busters costumes.

The DLC sets for LBP3 thus far have been really well designed. I haven't actually bought any yet though, and I worry that a lot of these might have the unnecessary torso-waist conflict that I saw in many of the story-mode costumes.

Also, it looks as though they fixed the Garfield and Odie minipack, though I never had that one so I never knew that it was broken. Not sure about anything else, but I'm going to check now.

edit:
Interestingly, the Big Hero 6 costumes are individually only $1.49, 50 cents cheaper than the normal rate for licensed costumes. Also, most of them appear to come with optional helmets too.

2nd edit: Monsters Level Kit, Heavenly Sword Minipack, God of War Minipack, Ratchet and Crunk Minipack, plus the Santa Hat and Beard (Christmas officially canceled) all still ring up as not found. Cross-controller pack remains unlisted. This is just me, of course, there's plenty of content that I don't own that could also be missing.

Creaking

Thats right, I did buy the Monsters kit back then...

It's really bothering me that it's still gone. The big level I was working on in LBP2 that I posted a page or two back won't let me edit it in LBP3 because I don't have the monster's kit unlocked. I think that all I used were it's sound effects too.

Teknoman

What's causing the issues though? Just a simple license glitch or something? Even some of the packs they are advertising, like the Egyptian, aren't working after purchase.

Adventure creation question, when making a world map, do we have to make a hub world, or is there a way to force people to progress in a specific order without that?

It's really bothering me that it's still gone. The big level I was working on in LBP2 that I posted a page or two back won't let me edit it in LBP3 because I don't have the monster's kit unlocked. I think that all I used were it's sound effects too.

Is this on the in-game store?

What's causing the issues though? Just a simple license glitch or something? Even some of the packs they are advertising, like the Egyptian, aren't working after purchase.

Adventure creation question, when making a world map, do we have to make a hub world, or is there a way to force people to progress in a specific order without that?

You don't have to make a hub, just use a simple level link/key like in the previous games.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how do I know if something works in LBP3 on PS4 or not? I can see the MGS Level Kit in the PS Store on my console, but I don't want to buy it unless I can use it immediately.

Creaking

Is this on the in-game store?

Yep. The Monster kit is visible on the web store and the PS4 store, where it tells me it's been purchased, as it should be, but when I try to access it from within the game, it tells me the content isn't found.

I took some screenshots to help elaborate on exactly what I'm seeing.

Here it is at the in game store:

Owned. Looks fine. Looks great. But when I press X, it takes me to this

The working content packs show you pictures of the content, right? Like the History kit.

When I try to find the Monster kit in the "More Stories" menu, I get this

Locked. Pressing X does squat, so I press Square to see more. I get this

Oh, it needs to be installed. Fair enough. But when I press download, I once again get...

I have a similar problem with the Heavenly Sword minipack, although on the web store and PS4 store, that one tells me I haven't bought it (even though I clearly own the PS3/LBP1 version)

The other content I mentioned in my Big Hero 6 post doesn't seem to be on the web store or PS4 store at all.

So how do I know if something works in LBP3 on PS4 or not? I can see the MGS Level Kit in the PS Store on my console, but I don't want to buy it unless I can use it immediately.

Hard to say. Teknoman and I both are in NA, both own the content, but I can access it and he can't. However, I do get a bug on the first level wherein the prize bubbles that you earn by stickering a bunch of different targets show up on top of the moving truck that you're in, unreachable by the player. They linger there for a few seconds, then vanish. So even though I've got the pack I'm only able to get 80% of the content.

Will the online issues be fixed in this patch? That's really the only issue I have.

We're definitely looking to solve these issues for this patch and we'll let you know what's up closer to release.

store stuff

Thanks for the thoroughness on that. I'll send it off and see what's going on still.

On another note, we're doing a new livestream today at 12PM PST on http://twitch.tv/littlebigplanettv going over some neat top down community levels and how to implement some easy top down movement to your levels for your objects and characters.

And on another note, here's a quick vid of what I've been putzing around with in the game as my personal side project with the sprite movement and Gundams: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnYokLuDmzc

DCS

Banned
UK here, I can understand that it takes time for all of the old LBP content to work on PS4 but why the fuck is content showing up in the game that can't be downloaded, costumes and even the fucking Metal Gear Solid pack - if you can't use it don't show it! Even clicking the DLC link from the game page on the PS4 home screen comes up with an error. Awful.

Nev

Banned
On another note, we're doing a new livestream today at 12PM PST on http://twitch.tv/littlebigplanettv going over some neat top down community levels and how to implement some easy top down movement to your levels for your objects and characters.

I don't understand why you (the studio) showed free 3D movement between layers with that teaser, put it in the game (the yeti level uses it) yet there isn't a simple on/off toggle option in create mode. Another inexplicable decision by Sumo I guess.

There are talented creators that have managed to simulate it, but as you can see when you play the level (https://lbp.me/v/qt4h0m9) it's an unnecessary waste of time for a guy who could be creating awesome 3D levels instead of focusing his efforts on making something that could be easily made a switchable feature by the developers. Either that or don't promote it as a feature if it's not gonna be in the game. In Media Molecule games every feature you saw in the story mode you could easily recreate in create mode.

It was interesting to see the piston method being used for top down. It's a completely different philosophy compared to how I'm making my top down Spyro sackbot. My jump logic is based on advanced in/out movers, which are connected to batteries on sequencers. It was difficult to make the jump motion work smoothly, at first, but I eventually got it working well after dozens of variations and tests.

I'm trying to keep all of the logic on the sackbot itself, which means I can add more areas to levels and not have to include any extra logic with it, or worry about any section failing to work. All I'm using right now is a single tag on any surface I want to walk on, called 'Ground'. It may also make it easier for others to make levels with my sackbot if I do any collaborations, or even release it for everyone at some point.

Creaking

Ah, I missed the stream. Hopefully it'll get archived soon.

Also, on the subject of missing things from the store, I forgot to mention that the Sack in the Box and Sack Eating Plant costumes are missing. I don't think they're listed at all.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Ah, I missed the stream. Hopefully it'll get archived soon.

Also, on the subject of missing things from the store, I forgot to mention that the Sack in the Box and Sack Eating Plant costumes are missing. I don't think they're listed at all.
The archive is up but the first bit including the updates I guess is muted. They said some general stuff about the team working on updates, but that's about when it started lagging for me so I didn't catch if they said anything new/specific.

EDIT: What was this "hood tool"?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone else have a problem with tags being recognized or showing up in power ups/sack pocket items?

I capture the object with a blaster handle, it's in the preview, I even set it to be visible in play mode and it doesn't show up.

See, shit like this is frustrating.

EDIT: After some more tinkering, yeah I'm done with this game. Inconsistencies are making it too frustrating. I'll check back later to see how much they fix but going by the post-launch support thus far, I'm not that confident I'll get much closer to realizing my level.

I take it LBPCentral has been completely destroyed? That's sad.

I've not had many problems, but I haven't played it for over a month. I've been playing BF4, so I hope we can get to the stage they are at. Make me want to play LBP3 again, please.

SuperMegaOpey

Neo Member
Apparently LBPC is supposed to be back up by this weekend.

I'm a long-time fan of LBP (I seriously spent a shameful amount of time on LBP2) but I haven't really been able to get into this game. I guess it's the mix of bugs and weird design decisions that reduce my desire to create. My biggest concern is that the thermo doesn't seem to be as optimized as it was in LBP2. While the dynamic thermo probably exists to rectify that, every time I try to use it I end up losing chunks of my level. If I can't make levels that reach a similar level of complexity or detail as my LBP2 levels, I don't really see the point of bothering anymore.

I did start working on something regardless. I don't know when I'll get around to completing it, but hopefully it looks alright.

RwBKEEa.jpg

17v3Ugf.png

Creaking

I did start working on something regardless. I don't know when I'll get around to completing it, but hopefully it looks alright.

RwBKEEa.jpg

17v3Ugf.png

Hey cool! Looks like a lost Bunkum Lagoon level.

Another week, another store update, but it doesn't look like any DLC issues have been rectified. I haven't checked the in-game store yet, but the web store is still missing what it was missing last week.

Teknoman

Anyone else have a problem with tags being recognized or showing up in power ups/sack pocket items?

I capture the object with a blaster handle, it's in the preview, I even set it to be visible in play mode and it doesn't show up.

See, shit like this is frustrating.

EDIT: After some more tinkering, yeah I'm done with this game. Inconsistencies are making it too frustrating. I'll check back later to see how much they fix but going by the post-launch support thus far, I'm not that confident I'll get much closer to realizing my level.

You mean tags that respond to tag sensors? I got mine to work right off the bat, but I had to adjust the radius on the sensor a little.

Apparently LBPC is supposed to be back up by this weekend.

I'm a long-time fan of LBP (I seriously spent a shameful amount of time on LBP2) but I haven't really been able to get into this game. I guess it's the mix of bugs and weird design decisions that reduce my desire to create. My biggest concern is that the thermo doesn't seem to be as optimized as it was in LBP2. While the dynamic thermo probably exists to rectify that, every time I try to use it I end up losing chunks of my level. If I can't make levels that reach a similar level of complexity or detail as my LBP2 levels, I don't really see the point of bothering anymore.

RwBKEEa.jpg

17v3Ugf.png

The style looks nice, whats it about / going to be about? Also glad LBPC is coming back.

The only thing I dont like about creating (more of a personal thing) is how shapes deform sometimes when shrunk, so recreating a character you drew is alot harder than it should be. Made some compromises, so I suppose it'll be ok.

SuperMegaOpey

Neo Member
WTF is going on here, I only need to do this contraption challenge and I will have 100% as well as the Platinum Trophy but look what happens when I try... any ideas? Tried rebooting the console etc but no luck.

http://youtu.be/SPBnviNV3ec

I'm not really sure what's going on here. Are you trying to open your popit by pressing square and it's just not working?

The style looks nice, whats it about / going to be about? .

Thanks, it's a hub for a set of platforming levels in a LBP1-inpired style playing around with the new tools. I want one of them to have the same Dark Souls inspired scoring mechanics as this LBP2 level I made but with ghosts recreating previous player deaths (in addition to the death marker and reclaiming 10% of points from your previous run).

J-Spot

WTF is going on here, I only need to do this contraption challenge and I will have 100% as well as the Platinum Trophy but look what happens when I try... any ideas? Tried rebooting the console etc but no luck.

http://youtu.be/SPBnviNV3ec
Hate to say it but you may be out of luck. That level seems to retain the state it was in until you actually clear it, so just exiting out or hitting replay does not reset it.

Teknoman

The amount of saved videos having an effect on created level load times now? I've saved a few from the Resident Evil remaster, and it seems like my created stage load times have gone up a decent amount.

Mandelbo

Doesn't look like it's been posted here yet, but there was an update on the next patch a few days ago from the LBP facebook page:

LittleBigPlanet 3 Game Update 1.05
Progress Update
Hi everyone!
We are getting close to releasing Game Update 1.05 and just wanted to give you all a quick look at some of the issues it will be addressing. We’re really sorry if any of these issues have been spoiling your enjoyment of LittleBigPlanet 3 but we wanted to assure you that we’re hearing everything you’re saying and working around the clock to bring you the best LittleBigPlanet experience possible!
• Game Crashes and Multiplayer Connectivity
This new update will include fixes to help with multiplayer connections and to fix a number of the crash instances that you have reported to us. If you encounter any crashes, please continue to report these to us with as many details as possible as it will really help us crack down on these issues permanently.
• PlayStation 4 Save Profile Corruption
We will be introducing a rather nifty automatic profile back-up system for your Save Progress. If your Sackboy or Sackgirl is unfortunate enough to encounter a crash, your recent gameplay progress will be restored and save profile corruption will be avoided.
• Missing DLC Issues
Working with the regional PlayStation Store teams we have identified the issues causing this content to be missing and we will now address these issues as soon as possible, so you can expect to see your purchased content re-appearing in upcoming PlayStation Store updates.
We can’t thank you enough your continued support and passion for LittleBigPlanet 3.
Look out for a full set of patch notes for Game Update 1.05 soon and stay tuned for future updates from all of us here at Team LBP!

It's good that we can back up our profiles now, but I do have to wonder why the option to do so wasn't there in the first place...

Creaking

Doesn't look like it's been posted here yet, but there was an update on the next patch a few days ago from the LBP facebook page:

It's good that we can back up our profiles now, but I do have to wonder why the option to do so wasn't there in the first place...

Good to hear. Hopefully this next update or the next store update will fix the Monsters level kit, and I can return to my old Levels at long last. Also hoping the Cross Controller pack isn't too far out, but I haven't even seen it listed, so... idk. Need that for one of my other levels.

Deadstar

Can't believe this game is still broken, ridiculous. This stuff should have been working day 1.

So let me get this straight. The previously bought dlc still doesn't work month's after release and yet they put up new dlc for sale? What a slap in the face. I guess I should turn the other cheek and take it.

Creaking

It does seem to be taking an egregiously long time for these patches to come out. The game is 76 days old. I thought I'd be able to really get into it by now, but I'm still waiting for content to be fixed. I spent days in create mode on LBP1 and 2. After the beta for 3, I thought for sure it'd be the same. Not yet.

Mandelbo

It does seem to be taking an egregiously long time for these patches to come out. The game is 76 days old. I thought I'd be able to really get into it by now, but I'm still waiting for content to be fixed. I spent days in create mode on LBP1 and 2. After the beta for 3, I thought for sure it'd be the same. Not yet.

My interest in playing the game, let alone making things in it, dwindles just a little bit more every day the patch doesn't come out. I'd really hoped that everything would be oiled up and, for the most part, fixed by this point, but there's still nothing...

The silence is deafening...

1.05 is coming pretty soon. One of the reasons it's been taking awhile is because we've been working on the new back-up system to deal with the save profile issues that have been happening, so you no longer have to restart from the beginning due to the corruption. Multiplayer stability has also been a large focus as well, as mentioned above in that post above. As for DLC stuff, as much as I hate to sound like a broken record, we are constantly working with the PS store teams to get the content up and running. Our community coordinator just recently finished the patch notes for 1.05 so you should be seeing them soon as well.

Creaking

As for DLC stuff, as much as I hate to sound like a broken record, we are constantly working with the PS store teams to get the content up and running.

I just wish I knew why it was taking so long. It's been weeks without any significant fixes.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess every great brand needs to have a disappointment somewhere along the line. I'm sure the next one will be great again.

Top Bottom