• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
New patch is out

http://community.us.playstation.com...Planet-3-Game-Update-1-06-Notes/td-p/45051942

I'm going to check it out, then I think I'll start compiling some of my remaining issues with screenshots and videos.

Unfortunately, the bug on the first level of the MGS pack (which prevents you from collecting the prize bubbles when you sticker the right objects) is still present, despite the patch notes stating that it was fixed. I just installed the patch and gave it a shot. This is what I got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMfgGgiSU1g

New patch is out

http://community.us.playstation.com...Planet-3-Game-Update-1-06-Notes/td-p/45051942

I'm going to check it out, then I think I'll start compiling some of my remaining issues with screenshots and videos.

Unfortunately, the bug on the first level of the MGS pack (which prevents you from collecting the prize bubbles when you sticker the right objects) is still present, despite the patch notes stating that it was fixed. I just installed the patch and gave it a shot. This is what I got:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMfgGgiSU1g

Does this fix online coop? Wouldnt mind giving it another shot

They still haven't added an ability on the PS4 version to change the screen display size, like the PS3 version has.

How the hell has this not happened yet?

Creaking

On the plus side, the new wetness effect that they discreetly added looks great. And it's more accurate than I've seen in any other game. It dries off completely in 4-5 seconds though.

10928886_799675913451318_2261741244673283350_o.jpg

10562481_799676046784638_4394139809153970406_o.jpg

11080850_799676406784602_2105863305623511028_o.jpg

It works for costume pieces too, but doesn't work on anything that has a sticker on it (decorations are fine though, they just don't change).

I feel greedy even bringing it up, but it'd be really cool if there were some way to manually apply the effect when you pass through a material, for doing fake water. What is cool is that the rain weather affect applies it too (albeit not as fully as submerging in water does).

The water projectile doesn't appear to cause it though.

In any case, water-based levels are going to look even better now. Unfortunately, that also means that faux-water is going to become even more obvious.

Still, glad it's there. Makes the PS4 version look that much more next-gen.

On PS4. Went into that popular Bank RPG thing level to test multiplayer after the patch.

Was able to get in for once after a long loading screen to get a connection. Afterward, one of the players greeted me in voice chat. During this multiplayer session there were occasional loading screens. I type in text that I was seeing if multiplayer worked.

He responds "it does, lol"

And then just as he says that I get "Could not load resources from _____ player" and it switches host. I am stuck on a black screen for awhile until I am finally kicked back out into the hub.

So... yeah... I may try again later in case it was on their end, but I still felt like it was worth reporting.

On PS4. Went into that popular Bank RPG thing level to test multiplayer after the patch.

Was able to get in for once after a long loading screen to get a connection. Afterward, one of the players greeted me in voice chat. During this multiplayer session there were occasional loading screens. I type in text that I was seeing if multiplayer worked.

He responds "it does, lol"

And then just as he says that I get "Could not load resources from _____ player" and it switches host. I am stuck on a black screen for awhile until I am finally kicked back out into the hub.

So... yeah... I may try again later in case it was on their end, but I still felt like it was worth reporting.
Thanks for this. I'll send this out to the team and see if they have gotten anything similar from others as well.

This is day one :) The disc is back in my PS4. Keep up the good work ;)

Much appreciated! Just keep letting us know what's up.

Anyway, I've made some progress on my ever continuing Gundam side project here: https://youtu.be/c0AWviKMiM4

16967593942_f44dd80a12_o.gif

If you guys have ever watched Gundam Build Fighters, that's what it's based off of. It's more a proof of concept, but it feels pretty good so far. ^^ Nothing playable yet, but hopefully in the near future. :)

Slermy

Ah that's good to hear! Still working out all the other missing ones as well, so please let us know what is still not there.

Hmmm, just in case you're still tracking this stuff down, I jumped back in a few days ago and noticed that my Mass Effect pack isn't showing up as downloadable (appears to be the only DLC that's still broken for me). It shows them listed as "free" but I won't let me download them; they are all "greyed out".

Nice explosions!

Thanks! Hurray for Metal Gear pack working again... lol.

Hmmm, just in case you're still tracking this stuff down, I jumped back in a few days ago and noticed that my Mass Effect pack isn't showing up as downloadable (appears to be the only DLC that's still broken for me). It shows them listed as "free" but I won't let me download them; they are all "greyed out".

That's weird. What region are you in?

Creaking

Thanks! Hurray for Metal Gear pack working again... lol.

Is it though? Most of the levels were working, but the first? At the bottom of my post at the top of the thread I shot video of the first level after this latest patch, and it still seemed to have issues. Has something changed since then?

Is it though? Most of the levels were working, but the first? At the bottom of my post at the top of the thread I shot video of the first level after this latest patch, and it still seemed to have issues. Has something changed since then?

Well, the sticker itself is from the Metal Gear pack, which is what I was referring to. They're looking at that issue you mentioned earlier.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Sorry if this is old news in the thread but what's the state of the game currently? LBP is one of my favourite series but the launch problems put me off and now there's a big Sackboy shaped hole in my gaming life.

I don't mind if there are multiplayer issues since I literally only ever play local co-op but I do play a lot of user made content, so lingering bugs there would be a problem for me.

Sorry if this is old news in the thread but what's the state of the game currently? LBP is one of my favourite series but the launch problems put me off and now there's a big Sackboy shaped hole in my gaming life.

I don't mind if there are multiplayer issues since I literally only ever play local co-op but I do play a lot of user made content, so lingering bugs there would be a problem for me.

I wondering the same thing, but I still can't multiplayer to properly work. Any one can give updates on the current state of the game?

Creaking

So Run Sackboy Run updated and now you can earn some new costumes for LBP3; one for Oddsock, and one for Swoop.

Pretty cool, although the first two costumes you could earn still don't work on the PS4 version of LBP3, so... :\

I got to wonder what the deal is with the other costumes in the game that aren't from any of the LBP titles or DLC packs. Things like the kangaroo costume, the footballer/yeti/unicorn costume, the aviator costume, etc. Obviously the in-app models aren't to the quality of what we see on console, but each costume has an HQ render that looks much better, with a lot more visible detail. So the costumes do have high quality models in some form. Is the plan to release them as DLC for LBP3 later down the line?

This game is 40$ at best but (32$ with gcu)

My brother and I picked this up last night and played online co-op for hours and had a blast. My only gripe is the community search features.

Creaking

This game is 40$ at best but (32$ with gcu)

My brother and I picked this up last night and played online co-op for hours and had a blast. My only gripe is the community search features.

Yeah, the game is certainly good at its core. The problem is that it's too buggy too often/there's not enough of it.

Hopefully the former issue can be remedied to a near perfection before too long, though we now near the game's 6th month since being released. The latter ought to be mitigated with level packs, but we haven't had any announcements regarding those yet. LBP1 got the MGS pack less than three months after release. LBP2 got the Toy Story level pack six months after release, followed shortly by the larger PS Move level pack two months later.

I hope something is in the works for 3. I've been mostly impressed with the costume DLC that's been released (though there are some issues that I plan on posting later with pictures). Plus the last two-three level packs/kits released for LBP2 were of exceptional quality, and the content included for create mode was plentiful and very useful. I hope that any level packs for 3 continue that trend.

I hope something is in the works for 3. I've been mostly impressed with the costume DLC that's been released (though there are some issues that I plan on posting later with pictures). Plus the last two-three level packs/kits released for LBP2 were of exceptional quality, and the content included for create mode was plentiful and very useful. I hope that any level packs for 3 continue that trend.

Don't worry. :3

Teknoman

The game still thinks I dont own the MGS, Monster, or History pack -_- Pirates and Marvel are recognized now.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
Hey guys, what are the best LBP forums out there? LBP Central was always my go to community, but the site has been down for a while now. Been feeling kinda lost without a dedicated creator hub :(

Creaking

Hey guys, what are the best LBP forums out there? LBP Central was always my go to community, but the site has been down for a while now. Been feeling kinda lost without a dedicated creator hub :(

I'm signed up at http://www.littlebigforum.net/, http://www.littlebignetwork.com/, and http://www.littlebigplanetarium.com/

They're all fairly active, although I haven't been. Too busy with big responsibilities and that nonsense to dedicate honest time towards LBP. Shame about Central though. It always seemed to be the busiest, but now...

Teknoman

Im probably going to migrate mostly to Planetarium. I wish LBPC would come back since I already had a pretty well planned proposal for a stage set posted there.

Mandelbo

Im probably going to migrate mostly to Planetarium. I wish LBPC would come back since I already had a pretty well planned proposal for a stage set posted there.

When did LBPC go down again? It was down for a looooong time over christmas, but it came back up around February - I kinda thought it would've stayed up this time.

Creaking

When did LBPC go down again? It was down for a looooong time over christmas, but it came back up around February - I kinda thought it would've stayed up this time.

Early March. The site's curator was posting updates on twitter, but hasn't said anything since March 15th. Wish he had more hands to help him.

Mandelbo

Early March. The site's curator was posting updates on twitter, but hasn't said anything since March 15th. Wish he had more hands to help him.

Aw, that's a shame. I used to go on LBPC very frequently in the days of LBP1 and the first few years of LBP2 - in fact, it's how I found GAF in the first place. I never really got much feedback for my levels on the site, but it was still a great place to find diamonds in the rough with the spotlight feature.

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
I'm signed up at http://www.littlebigforum.net/, http://www.littlebignetwork.com/, and http://www.littlebigplanetarium.com/

They're all fairly active, although I haven't been. Too busy with big responsibilities and that nonsense to dedicate honest time towards LBP. Shame about Central though. It always seemed to be the busiest, but now...

Thanks a lot for the suggestions, man. After checking them out a bit, they do seem fairly active. Now that I'm getting back into LBP3 these are exactly the type of resources I'll need. Thanks again!

Still though, the LBPC situation is a real shame...

hymanator

According to LittleBigPlanetCentral's Twitter account, the site has been having all sorts of hosting issues for the last several months.

- going over quota (currently 50gb)
- site owner is "too busy" to maintain the site
- There is a hold on the domain name itself due to a credit card issue
- He tried to set up a "http://www.lbpcentral2.com/" domain, but that site is broken (database issues)
- Right now, the only way to "sort of" view the old site, is through this proxy link that someone setup: http://lbp-hub.com/lbpcentralproxy.php

Everything works in that proxy link except for the forum. These alternative communites (previously mentioned) seem pretty active still:
http://www.littlebigforum.net/, http://www.littlebignetwork.com/, and http://www.littlebigplanetarium.com/

Of course there is the option to go plain vanilla and use the official forum:
http://community.eu.playstation.com/t5/LittleBigPlanet/bd-p/b_EN_GAMES_general_lbp

...or you can just do what I do and subscribe to an LBP discussion on GAF.

Creaking

Problem is how absolutely dead the discussion is around here. GAF as a whole has never been that enthusiastic about LBP (at least not in a long while) but the state of this thread is still remarkably sad.

I'll have more time to enjoy the game and fiddle around with create mode in the coming weeks though. Maybe something small will come of that.

Creaking

I've finally decided to sort out all the little costume glitches I noticed while sorting out my pop-it in LBP3. Most of these are for the new characters, because for one, they seem to have more issues in general, and also because I've got so much stuff for Sackboy that I didn't want to go through it all again, and I didn't think to take screenshots as I went along until I had moved on to the other characters.

First of all, here's this weird bug I found with the Fredzilla mouth-piece from the Big Hero 6 costume pack.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UECl7o_1sys&feature=youtu.be

And now some pictures. Sorry for my comment organization, I kind of tacked those on and chose my font color based on what seemed to show up best. My image editor isn't great with font editing either, so I couldn't just slap on some backgrounds or outlines to make it easier to read. Next time.

Oddsock:

Big Toggle

Little Toggle

iJZickHpZOBIH.jpg

(for the record, the above occurs for Big Toggle as well)
i01UkGI8L6yLy.jpg

iG7oqHMStu3dx.jpg

ibbBEJY1lw7J7.jpg

Swoop

That's it for now. Nothing gamebreaking, but it certainly could use a fine layer of polish. All of these shots are from the latest patch by the way.

GAF as a whole has never been that enthusiastic about LBP (at least not in a long while) but the state of this thread is still remarkably sad.

I'll tell you what's sad, take a franchise with amazing potential and then rush out it's third instalment riddled with bugs and glitches so bad that for some it wasn't even possible to finish the already very short main game.
Then make no effort to make it look like a ps4 game, charge more for it than any other title on the platform even though your releasing the same time as far cry 4 and gta5 and call it a day.
You think the state of this thread is sad, i think treating the franchise and the players like this was sad.

AdaWong

You think the LBP3 community is dead? Try the LBP Vita community.. :(

The Vita game is amazing, I wish there was a place for creators for that game.

Teknoman

Problem is how absolutely dead the discussion is around here. GAF as a whole has never been that enthusiastic about LBP (at least not in a long while) but the state of this thread is still remarkably sad.

I'll have more time to enjoy the game and fiddle around with create mode in the coming weeks though. Maybe something small will come of that.

Yeah, used to be really lively for LBP1 and 2, but 3 with its launch issues seemed to kill it here...for now anyway, or at least until it becomes a PSplus title.

Creaking

I'll tell you what's sad, take a franchise with amazing potential and then rush out it's third instalment riddled with bugs and glitches so bad that for some it wasn't even possible to finish the already very short main game.
Then make no effort to make it look like a ps4 game, charge more for it than any other title on the platform even though your releasing the same time as far cry 4 and gta5 and call it a day.
You think the state of this thread is sad, i think treating the franchise and the players like this was sad.

Yeah, well that's mostly on Sony pushing for a holiday exclusive. The awful irony is that they marketed GTAV remastered way harder than LittleBigPlanet 3. Pretty much sent it out to die.

You think the LBP3 community is dead? Try the LBP Vita community.. :(

The Vita game is amazing, I wish there was a place for creators for that game.

That's sad for sure, but not exactly surprising. The Vita game was limited to a single platform, one which hasn't sold spectacularly well, and the game isn't marked like a main title, giving it less of a draw. Plus it came out nearly three years ago now.

By comparison, LBP 3 is just over half a year old, and released on both the PS3 and the PS4. And it's the big sequel to LBP1 and 2 which were critically acclaimed.

It's extremely disconcerting to see.

Yeah, used to be really lively for LBP1 and 2, but 3 with its launch issues seemed to kill it here...for now anyway, or at least until it becomes a PSplus title.

I suppose after two games people got to forming their opinions on the series. "Floaty jumps" and "the next one better be full 3D" come to mind.

Being unable to cater to everyone's biggest wishes, 3 seems to have marked the series as becoming passé in the eyes of the gaming public.

Yeah, well that's mostly on Sony pushing for a holiday exclusive. The awful irony is that they marketed GTAV remastered way harder than LittleBigPlanet 3. Pretty much sent it out to die.
No the developers sent this game to die. It was a mess and they knew it, if they had any loyalty to their fans they would have at least not tried to rip them off by charging more money than far cry 4 and GTAV.
besides those games deserved more marketing as at least they were finished and unbroken products.

Being unable to cater to everyone's biggest wishes, 3 seems to have marked the series as becoming passé in the eyes of the gaming public.
I think it's less about becoming passé and more about a game which was for a lot of people a broken mess, and to make matters worse it was ridiculously short.

I'm certain that there is still love out there for this franchise but i'm proud to see people take a stand with this title and not want to support such a disgusting move from both the developer and sony.
Maybe next time try not to rip off the community and fans, if they had played fair i'm certain this game could have been successful.
There is still love for this franchise and this game could have been hugely successful but there are so many reasons why it deserved the reception it received.

Creaking

No the developers sent this game to die. It was a mess and they knew it, if they had any loyalty to their fans they would have at least not tried to rip them off by charging more money than far cry 4 and GTAV.
besides those games deserved more marketing as at least they were finished and unbroken products.

That's not how it works. The developers don't set the deadlines-- not the ultimate ones anyway. They don't choose how much a game will cost either (it was standard price stateside).

There's only so much they can do if their producer,Sony Computer Entertainment
tells them that they've got to have the game out by the holidays. LittleBigPlanet is a complex game-- I can't imagine what it takes to develop the user-generated creation tools alone.

I'm upset that the game turned out as it did, and looking at the whole package, I do get the sense that the team at Sumo wasn't able to achieve quite everything that they wanted to, and certainly not with a satisfactory degree of polish. But I don't think that the game turned out the way it did due to a lazy crew of developers. I'm sure they didn't want to send the game out in the state that it was, but maybe Sony wouldn't afford them any delays.

The game was a mess at launch, true, but there's nothing to do about that anymore. What's done is done; it's more important to move on and look towards the future. In the era of patches and updates, I'm confident that LittleBigPlanet 3 can grow to be the solid title it should have been at launch. But if fans grow too apathetic, the whole series will end up rotting.

Creaking

So, um, what's the consensus on the Adventure Time DLC? Has anybody bought it yet?

I haven't grabbed the costumes, but I got the level kit. It's got a very nice gallery level with some great visuals. It's not particularly challenging and won't offer much more than a 8-9 minute diversion (though it does have some sticker switches that require you to play through twice, unless you're like me and you accidentally unlocked everything from the in-game store before playing the level, which is apparently a thing you can do). The content provided is quality too. The cel-shaded aesthetic to the objects, materials, and decorations might limit their use in naturalistic levels, but they're perfect for any sort of cartoon-like aesthetic.

Plus, 16 new materials is more than we get with most level packs, premium or not.

The Fionna costume is nice too, though it might seem a little redundant with the Finn costume. Technically, every bit but the teeth are unique, but visually they are still very similar.

Creaking

Wish I knew, but I wasn't with GAF in the heyday of LBP1 or even 2, though I played and created diligently in both.

Creaking

Word is that the next patch will probably happen on monday, if things go according to schedule.

While I'm guessing we can expect more bug fixes, there's also supposed to be a new feature included with this patch that they haven't talked about.

Catalix

^ hmm sounds promising. Can't wait to hear the details.

I wonder what happened to the rest of the GAF creators, or did they drift away as well?

I hardly play LBP3 anymore because I'm back on wifi and I barely get a signal, which means long load times when just browsing for levels to play.

I hardly create anymore because I just don't have the motivation for even the simplest of my ideas -- I'll start, go for about 30min, then just... bleh.

Teknoman

I hardly play LBP3 anymore because I'm back on wifi and I barely get a signal, which means long load times when just browsing for levels to play.

I hardly create anymore because I just don't have the motivation for even the simplest of my ideas -- I'll start, go for about 30min, then just... bleh.

Heh...i'm actually still trying to think of a default design for my first area's houses/buildings. And getting a comfortable fire rate for power ups / enemy design accuracy compared to drawings.

Top Bottom