• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
It kills me how everytime I think i've got time to work on anything in the series, work gets in the way lol. I havent finished a stage or set of stages...since LBP1.

Me either. Sadly, I don't feel as though I've had time to get very far all with any projects in LBP3, completeness be darned.

Creaking

Hey Donkey show, I've been having a create mode issue (I'll post video later) where my sackboy disintegrates and gets caught in this super rapid-fire respawning and dying loop. It interferes with basic functions like undo whatnot. As far as I can tell, it always occurs after I use the corner editor. I'm not sure how more specific it gets than that.

I haven't played around with create much since the latest patch, so I only know that it's happening on my LBP2 carry-over level (which I needed the sci-fi/cross controller pack to access).

Also, I think that the touchpad camera is broken when it comes to placing stickers and decorations. I can zoom in and out, but I can no longer change the camera's angle while trying to place a decoration on an object. I hope that gets fixed soon; it was one of the best features of the PS4 version.

Hey Donkey show, I've been having a create mode issue (I'll post video later) where my sackboy disintegrates and gets caught in this super rapid-fire respawning and dying loop. It interferes with basic functions like undo whatnot. As far as I can tell, it always occurs after I use the corner editor. I'm not sure how more specific it gets than that.

I haven't played around with create much since the latest patch, so I only know that it's happening on my LBP2 carry-over level (which I needed the sci-fi/cross controller pack to access).

Also, I think that the touchpad camera is broken when it comes to placing stickers and decorations. I can zoom in and out, but I can no longer change the camera's angle while trying to place a decoration on an object. I hope that gets fixed soon; it was one of the best features of the PS4 version.

Cool, just PM me the info and I'll get the team to check it out. Let me know if the loop occurs in a brand new LBP3 level as well. I'll also give chase on the touchpad issue as well.

SuperMegaOpey

Neo Member
After a 6 month long hiatus, I was preparing to create again. I had lots of ideas sketched out, I got a fair amount of my level's gameplay mechanics working, I somewhat enjoyed the recent DLC, and I heard that the game was now in a more polished state . Hey, why not stream and give this game another fighting chance seeing how much I adored LBP2?

XJ0G8wn.jpg

Yeah I'm done.

Not only would I need to tediously rebuild a lot of what I created, I would need to go through a few DLC packs all over again. I understand that a lot of issues are because Sony pushed the chick out of the nest too early but they VERY least Sumo could do is come up with some timesaver solution. Luckily I wouldn't need to replay the whole story mode, but this shouldn't even be a thing the player should need to worry about.

Off topic, I would also appreciate the option to make LBP2 levels LBP2 only because I'm tired of people saying they're broken in LBP3.

Apologies for the issues again. >.< If possible, could you PM me the details of when it happened?

Regarding having to recollect your items, thankfully there is a timesaver solution for all the story items and DLC prizes in this level list here so you don't have to play through the levels again: https://lbp.me/t/-hyxx

The collected bits in DLC timesaver levels will only work if you own the packs of course.

Creaking

This is actually a month old now, but some folks have--through the power of glitches and ingenuity--finally thrown together a fully 3D camera with 360 degree rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NCjvDh84E

Some roughness (though I'm guessing the rough character movement is because it was just thrown together for testing purposes), but the potential for some really good stuff is right there.

Here's a link to the level if anyone here wants to try working with it: https://lbp.me/v/qwynnjw/trailer?p=1&l=12

Just know that you have to build off of that level or the camera won't work, since it relies on some things being glitched.

More info here.

Creaking

I'm thinking about buying The Journey Home. How long is it, and is it worth the price?

3 well-designed main levels and 3 challenging multiplayer co-op levels (you must have one other player, either locally or online, to play these).

There's a good amount of content to earn too.

This is actually a month old now, but some folks have--through the power of glitches and ingenuity--finally thrown together a fully 3D camera with 360 degree rotation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7NCjvDh84E

Some roughness (though I'm guessing the rough character movement is because it was just thrown together for testing purposes), but the potential for some really good stuff is right there.

Here's a link to the level if anyone here wants to try working with it: https://lbp.me/v/qwynnjw/trailer?p=1&l=12

Just know that you have to build off of that level or the camera won't work, since it relies on some things being glitched.

More info here.

This lit a fire under me. I've been trying to do this for 4 years since LBP2. It can be done better...I'm just lazy :D

luchadork

Hey guys, new to neogaf so not sure if this is the best place to ask. But I picked up LP3 a few weeks back in the sale and have been playing it (very slowly) with my gf and am absolutely loving it. I've only read very negative things about the game so have been pleasantly surprised by how cool it is. My question is, as I'm playing with my gf and she's, well, kinda crap, we've only gotten to world 1. Is there a way I can make a new save and play on ahead while retaining the progress the two of us made separately? I really want to unlock a whole bunch of stuff and make this level I've been thinking about in my head since I started playing this game.

Creaking

Hey guys, new to neogaf so not sure if this is the best place to ask. But I picked up LP3 a few weeks back in the sale and have been playing it (very slowly) with my gf and am absolutely loving it. I've only read very negative things about the game so have been pleasantly surprised by how cool it is. My question is, as I'm playing with my gf and she's, well, kinda crap, we've only gotten to world 1. Is there a way I can make a new save and play on ahead while retaining the progress the two of us made separately? I really want to unlock a whole bunch of stuff and make this level I've been thinking about in my head since I started playing this game.

You'd have to make and play on a new system profile, I think.

Creaking

damn. ok.

Though if you want to work on projects with one profile and eventually move it to your standard, playing-with-gf profile (once you get far enough), you could always publish a locked, copyable version of your project, send the key to your main profile, and then copy it onto your main profile's moon. You'd have to transfer saved objects too, but I think it's doable.

luchadork

Though if you want to work on projects with one profile and eventually move it to your standard, playing-with-gf profile (once you get far enough), you could always publish a locked, copyable version of your project, send the key to your main profile, and then copy it onto your main profile's moon. You'd have to transfer saved objects too, but I think it's doable.

awesome. ok. thank you for your help. i appreciate it. so basically, i'll just make a new psn account and unlock and build on that. then share my level with my coop/gf account and play there.

Creaking

awesome. ok. thank you for your help. i appreciate it. so basically, i'll just make a new psn account and unlock and build on that. then share my level with my coop/gf account and play there.

Precisely. Feel free to ask for further clarification if you run into a snag.

Teknoman

Anyone know anything about LittleBigForum.eu? Was directed there by an LBPcentral user on my music sequencer request. For those in the know, is that usually where most composers hang out?

Creaking

Looks like we might be getting some Phantom Pain DLC soon

gSsoCxj.gif

Also, update 1.12 came out. Brought back the Dive In function, and now you can choose to host a Dive In session.

Update Notes 1.12

Updates

- Dive In arrives to LittleBigPlanet 3 on August 28th!
This coming Friday we will be launching Dive In for LittleBigPlanet 3!
Making it easier for the LittleBigPlanet community to meet new players for multiplayer sessions than ever before!

You can locate the Dive In button from either your Social Menu by pressing Triangle on the Pod Controller’s main menu or by pressing Options (PS4)/Start (PS3) and selecting Play Online!

Brand new to LittleBigPlanet 3! After pressing the Dive In button, you will be prompted to either Join or Host a Dive In session.
Selecting Join will automatically match you up with a currently active Dive In session.

On the other hand, selecting Host will designate you as the Host of your own Dive In session and will allow other players to join you by selecting Join in their game.
Note: Selecting Host will override any other Online Play settings that you have enabled for the duration of your Host session; so if you normally have your join settings set to Ask or Auto Reject, you will not need to change these before starting a Dive In session.

Since this is such an important new feature for the community, we have also included some messaging to tell everyone that this is a brand new feature and that we would love to hear your feedback on it.

Have some feedback of the Dive In feature?
Then please share it in this thread!

General Changes

- Your PSN Friends and Hearted Players will now be alphabetised within your Social Menu. Your Online PSN Friends will continue to be listed above Offline PSN Friends on your PSN Friends page.

- The “Remember these settings…” option has now been removed from the Online Play section of the Pause Menu. The game will now remember your chosen settings by default.
General Fixes

- The Social Menu will now display all of your Hearted Players correctly.

- Horrible Gas has been updated to avoid performance issues when using this hazard in large amounts. This fix also helps address the frame rate drops in the Monsters Level Kit and Marvel Level Kit.

- The game will now correctly display your “Last Played” level when that last played level is contained within a Community Adventure.

LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Content

- The Avalonia Background and Native American Headdress can now be correctly unlocked for those that have met the necessary requirements to unlock them.
Note: If you unlocked these items in LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2; just select “Unlock LittleBigPlanet Content” and “Unlock LittleBigPlanet 2 Content” from your Pause Menu to add them to your Popit.

Game Stability

General Fixes

- Fixed a freezing issue that may occur when browsing the in-game Store when a network error occurs.

- Adventure Maps will now display correctly if you are rejected from joining another player whilst viewing that map.

Pod

- Decorations/Stickers placed in your Pod during a previous game session can now be correctly removed by the player in a later game session.
Gameplay Fixes

Adventure – Manglewood

- Fixed a progression issue that would prevent the player from progressing to the Manglewood Hub, if they went to Create Mode after completing the Prologue but before entering Manglewood for the first time.
Note: If this issue has already occurred for you, you can fix it by re-watching the final Prologue cutscene after the boss.

Create Mode

- Sackbots can now be correctly killed by the Horrible Gas hazard. (Don’t ask us how exactly! They don’t even have lungs… So your guess is as good as ours!)

- The Sackpocket Pedestal will now correctly remember its tweaks when placing an item on it.

- The Music Sequencer’s Pause and Play symbols will now display correctly on PlayStation 3.

- Fixed an issue that may cause the Popit to appear blank when opening the Level Description menu and saving a level whilst the Popit is still open.

- Setting a Tag Sensor’s Range to Infinite and setting the Trigger Angle to 0 will no longer cause the game to crash in some circumstances.

- When using a Broadcast Chip, the “Broadcast To: All in Contact” tweak can now differentiate between Toggle’s forms.

- Fixed a crash issue that may occur when selecting the Loading Linker.

- Fixed a game divergence issue that may occur when using a State Sensor that is set to running or walking whilst creating in an online multiplayer session.

Me

- Updated Earths/Moons to prevent other players from being able to steal them.

DLC Fixes

The Journey Home Premium Level Pack

- The “Collector Extraordinaire” Trophy and Pin will now progress and unlock correctly.
Note: If you have collected 100% of the items from The Journey Home and did not receive the final Pin and Trophy; just play and complete any level within The Journey Home after installing this update to be awarded these.

- The “Finally Home” Trophy and Pin will now correctly unlock in the rare circumstance that the main User Account was switched over to a Guest Account whilst playing The Journey Home.

- Level titles with long names will now display correctly for all languages.

Adventure Time Level Kit

- Fixed an issue where the Finn character at the start of the level would return to his starting position.

Sci-Fi Pack

- Purchasing this content will now correctly add the “Escape from San Crispin” and “The Pleasure of Treasure” Music Tracks to your Popit.
Note: If you have already purchased this pack. Just go to the in-game Store and select the Sci-Fi Pack to add these missing tracks to your Popit.

Rare Prize Crown

- If you’re one of the small number of lucky owners of our prestigious Rare Prize Crown, we will dispatch our best goldsmiths during the update process to give your shiny headwear a bit of spit and polish to get your red gems sparkling again!

Picked this up on PS4.

Coming from the PS3 version that I already got 100% on; do I really have to do everything again, even though my pins show that I've already done it?

Picked this up on PS4.

Coming from the PS3 version that I already got 100% on; do I really have to do everything again, even though my pins show that I've already done it?
There is no profile transfer from PS3 > PS4 but there are timesaver pack levels in the community that you can use to collect all your collectables.

Creaking

Pretty sure there are time-saver packs for those too. You just have to own the DLC for them to work, I think.

Creaking

Is this a level pack or just costumes?

No details yet, but from the hover-board, DeLorean, and and the stickers rushing around in the background I'd guess it's a level pack. Also, there seem to be quite a few costumes here; enough for multiple groups (I'm guessing by movie. They've even got Poop-Covered Biff!). Not something you typically see outside of level-pack companion costumes like The Muppets, Toy Story, DC Comics, Marvel, etc. Crossing my fingers that the hover-board is a new power up. Some more pictures too:

All hail the life preserver

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
^ Aw hell yeah. Was hoping it was an actual powerup and not just cosmetic.

Creaking

Small update for before the DLC hits:

Bendy Rails Updates

Bendy Rails are just perfect for Hoverboards and we have made the following changes and improvements to them to help you craft the perfect Bendy Rail to grind your Hoverboards on!

The ability to select Bendy Rails with the Popit Cursor has been improved in the following ways:

- Bendy Rail highlighting has been refactored so that the rail will be correctly highlighted if the cursor is hovering over the rail.
Highlighting a Bendy Rail will trigger a highlight effect that causes the Bendy Rail to glow.
- Upon selecting a Bendy Rail, it will be picked up from the point of the Popit Cursor.
The ability to select Bendy Rails with the Rail Editor Cursor will be improved in the following ways:
- Bendy Rail highlighting has been refactored so that the Bendy Rail will be correctly highlighted if the Cursor is hovering over the Bendy Rail.
- Highlighting a Bendy Rail will trigger a highlight effect that causes the Bendy Rail and anchor points to glow.
- Highlighting a Bendy Rail backwards in the layers with the Rail Editor Cursor will no longer trigger a fast camera snap, instead the camera will smoothly zoom in to the point.
- Creators can Marquee select multiple points on the Bendy Rail.

Extra feedback has been added to Bendy Rail editing functions:

- Highlighting an anchor point with the Rail editor will cause the anchor point to grow slightly and trigger a sound effect.
- Selecting an anchor point with the Rail Editor to move will alter the visual of the anchor point and trigger a sound effect.
- Moving an anchor point forwards and backwards in the layers will trigger the layer shift sound effect. This is true for both moving points during initial construction and via the Rail Editor.

- If a Creator detaches a Bendy Rail from an object, a piece of collision is no longer left behind.

- A new default Material has been applied to Bendy Rails.
Note: The Bendy Rail&#8217;s Material can still be changed to an alternative of the creator&#8217;s choosing.

- A new Tweakable has been added that allows Creators to turn on a visual that covers the gap between the end of the rail and the attachment point. This will now be on by default and will only affect newly placed Bendy Rails.

Note: All of these changes will not affect existing Bendy Rails and will only apply to newly created Bendy Rails.

Game Stability

General Fixes

- Fixed a potential network connectivity issue that may occur when rapidly changing costumes or costume pieces during a short period of time.
Players can now use the Touchpad to select &#8220;Gamma&#8221; under &#8220;Display Settings&#8221;.

Create Mode

- The Swivel Light will no longer drift away from the initial point it was placed.
- The Movie Camera can now be correctly Tweaked again, if it was initially Tweaked before being placed.
- Stickers selected for the Steam Material, Dust Material and Sticker Weather Material will no longer appear incorrectly appear as Switch Triggers in your Popit.
- Creators will now be able to correctly back out of a Sackbot after using Record Mode.
- Using the Corner Editor, selecting multiple corners and pressing delete will no longer cause the player to drift in Create Mode.
- If you place down a Non-Climbable Material and use the Material Changer to change it into a Climbable Material, that changed Material will now function correctly as a Climbable Material by default.
- Sticker Panels will no longer lose their Colour Settings when capture as part of a Custom Power-Up.
- The Follower Chip will now correctly light up when active.

LittleBigPlanet and LittleBigPlanet 2 Content

- The &#8220;Battle of the Ice&#8221; music track will now be correctly available to players that have met the requirements to unlock this content.
Note: If you have played the original LittleBigPlanet and want to add this track to your Popit, just sign into LittleBigPlanet 3 with the same PSN account that you originally played LittleBigPlanet on and after installing Game Update 1.13; open your Pause Menu in your Pod, scroll down to My Unlocks and select &#8220;Unlock LittleBigPlanet Content&#8221;.

DLC

Sci-Fi Level Kit

- Sackboy&#8217;s face will no longer clip with the Space Pilot Helmet when changing emotion or pressing the &#8220;Hold to Retry&#8221; option.

New picture of Biff Toggle

Hopefully we'll get a full write-up on the DLC by tomorrow.

Creaking

Well, I guess power-ups do come in level kits now.

It is only a level kit (and two costume packs for the first and third films [the costumes from the second are included in the level kit]) and not a full-blown premium level pack, but it still looks pretty darn cool.

Hey, with that Hover Board, maybe someone can make a not terrible Tony Hawk game in 2015

Details and trailer in the links below
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/10/21/littlebigplanet-3-back-to-the-future-arrives-today/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIwtzp-fuIA

Creaking

Kinda early, but there's a new Mirror's Edge costume pack available

Reminds me of the early days of LBP and it's beta. Lots of Mirror's Edge type freerunning/challenge levels because a demo for the game had just come out around the time of LBPs release (ME released properly the following month).

Kinda nice to come full circle. Hard to believe that we've had the whole LBP franchise happen between Mirror's Edge and it's long awaited sequel.

nym

Neo Member
So, w/ the recent $15 PSN code, and seeing that this game is only $20, I am debating picking this up. My kids love this game, and we have a ton of DLC left over from LBP1 & 2. Is the general consensus that 3 is worth picking up? Also need dat' Bloodborne SackBoy.

Creaking

Looks like the assets from Sackboy's Prehistoric Moves from all those years ago have finally been ported to LBP proper

Free too. I can't find the pack on the web-store yet, but it's supposed to be available in the in-game store. Pretty sweet. I remember wanting this way back in LBP2.

I have to wonder if there are any plans for an asset port like this for any of the bigger LBP titles, like Vita or even Karting. Both games got stuff from and shared costume packs with LBP2, I don't see why the reverse couldn't happen with LBP3. Materials, costumes, decorations, music, that kinda thing. Though I'd expect something on that level to come with a reasonable price tag.

So, w/ the recent $15 PSN code, and seeing that this game is only $20, I am debating picking this up. My kids love this game, and we have a ton of DLC left over from LBP1 & 2. Is the general consensus that 3 is worth picking up? Also need dat' Bloodborne SackBoy.

Yeah, definitely worth it at that price.

Hi LBPGaf, I just got the DC comics DLC for LBP Vita (because I'm a completionist) and could use some help with the 2x bubbles on the first stage, plus the "play with a friend" trophy.

The OT for LBPV is frozen since 2014 and even the thread on playstationtrophies.org is kinda still... So, can anyone help me out? It should be really fast.

My psn is silvertonguebr.

Just put LBPV on the message so I know why you are adding me. Thanks in advance.

Hello LB3 Group..
I just bought LB3 on the PS4. I am trying to download the DLC I had for LB1 and LB2.

I haven't looked for everything but I specifically don't see the Marvel Costume Pack 1-4.
4 has a listing but it's only Magneto.
I also searched Kabuki and Solstice and those didn't show up either.

I thought all the costumes were forward compatible with LPB3.

Creaking

Sorry no one was around to help dude. The costumes should be forward-compatible, though you might run into a hiccup looking only on one store or the other. If you're still having issues today, try checking both the web-browser store and the in-game store.

Anyway, bump because WOW some people can really get amazing visuals out of LBP3

CZfVmk8XEAQtt5z.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/scarybiscuitlbp/status/691255938825785345

I really haven't made much in LBP3. My early attempts at harnessing 3D movement hit several frustrating dead-ends and killed my enthusiasm. I didn't really want to go back to plane-based movement and I was a little too far gone to want to entangle myself back into the logic mess that was my old top-down sprite based RPG project. It's a bummer, but it feels as though someone has pulled the plug on my bubble-bath of inspiration. I'm hoping that maybe if I get the game digitally, and don't have to bother about swapping discs from whatever I'm currently playing just for pure entertainment. Still haven't pulled the trigger though, even at $8, 'cause I keep thinking that the game is going to end up on PS+ sooner or later, and then that's another month of regret.

But... yeah... well... anyway. I wish 3D rotation were easier. That was the one big hangup.

AndyD

aka andydumi
I read a lot of bugs plagued this game early on. Has this since been rectified?

Was wondering if this would be a good purchase for my 7 year old (and at $10 too)

It's fine. My 3 year olds enjoy watching me play and make costumes. The mission/level hub/structure is not as good as previous games, but it's a lot of fun still.

ty_hot

I watched IGN`s review, and they say there are bugs all over it... is it better now? I loved LBP1 (my ps3 died before I had the chance to play the second), so I'm certain that I will have fun with this one... but depending on the bugs it might become very frustrating...

how is it? worth 11 dollars (I am BR PSN)? I have a feeling that it might cost less later or even come as a free PS+ game, as its a great franchise and they will probably have a 4 game at some point...

We've sussed out a lot of those launch issues and are still continuing to support the game via patches and DLC. We've recently released patch 1.21 earlier this month as well.

Top Bottom