• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Mandelbo

This is very good. Very good indeed.

And they're dynamic (ie, the mph measurement)? Or is that just a system you set up yourself?

Ah well, we'll find out tomorrow regardless.

Assuming they work the same way as they did in LBPV, they're dynamic - there was a setting on them in LBPV that allowed them to display signal strength, along with a suffix/prefix, so you could very easily make notes that, for example, told you what percentage of a timer was filled. You could also set how precise the readout was by adjusting how many decimal points it had.

I made sterling use of it in LBPV by creating a completely accurate spirit gauge :p

1.07 is live now!

Summary

LittleBigPlanet Game Update 1.07 has just begun to roll-out across all regions and includes a number of fixes to help improve game stability and remedy a number of issues raised by the community.

This update also includes the addition of a greatly-expanded Note Tool feature set that will now allow you to use this tool to type text and create in-game messages to display to players. A new Tutorial has also been added to the game to explain how to use this expanded feature.

Full details on all of the updates and fixes in this update are available below.

PlayStation 4 Download Size: 100MB
PlayStation 3 Download Size: 120MB

Important Patch Download Information for PlayStation 4 Users

Due to the way that PlayStation 4 updates software in the background, some players are encountering issues with game progression by attempting to access content that is not ready to be used.

To avoid encountering issues, we recommend that you check your Download Status before starting LittleBigPlanet 3.

This can be achieved by highlighting LittleBigPlanet 3 on the PlayStation 4 Home Screen, pressing Options on your controller and selecting Information.

The following screen will inform you of your current download status.

If the Download Status displays that the Download Progress and Download Size are the same (E.g. 1.2GB/1.2GB), your game is ready to launch with all of the features available to you upon arriving in your Pod.

Update Notes 1.07

General

Updates

• Note Tool Update
The Note Tool has been significantly updated to add in new text-writing functionality that will allow you to create your own on-screen text. This update to the Note Tool brings it more in-line with its LittleBigPlanet PS Vita counterpart.

• New Note Tool Tutorial
We have added a nifty new video tutorial to give you the lowdown on how to use the Note Tool’s new functionality in your own creations.

General Fixes

• The default “Treehouse” Pod Background can now be selected under Me>Decorate whilst in the Pod.

• Fixed a number of issues that may cause the “Failed to load profile” message to appear when inviting another local player to your Pod.

• Players will no longer bounce when landing on a slide with a gentle incline.

The Popit
• Fixed several LittleBigPlanet 2 item icons that would display a red exclamation mark (!) instead of the correct icon.
The Pod

• Entering the Pod as a brand new player without any Earth data and selecting Adventure or Popit Puzzles will no longer cause the Pod to remain on an incorrect background when returning to the Pod.

Tutorials

• Recommend Tutorials text will no longer display clipped characters when they exceed a certain number of characters.

Game Stability

Adventure – Manglewood – Manglewood Swamp

• Fixed a potential crashing issue that may occur when opening/closing the Quest Menu during multiplayer sessions.
Adventure – The Ziggurat – Ziggurat Grand Hall

• Fixed a potential crashing issue that may occur when scrolling through loading Stickers in the Ziggurat Grand Hall.
My Moon

• Fixed a potential crashing issue that may occur when loading Stickers and placing one on your Moon.
Create Mode

• Fixed a potential crashing issue that may occur when applying a Material to a Bendy Rail.

• Fixed a potential crashing issue that may occur when deleting an item that is actively being selected by another player.

• Broadcasting a Tag and Tag Sensor to an object with the same Tag and Tag Sensor on it will no longer cause the game to become unresponsive.

Gameplay Fixes

Adventure – Prologue – Needlepoint Peaks

• It is no longer possible to encounter a progression blocker when inviting a Guest Player to the game before reaching the last checkpoint.

Adventure – Manglewood – Manglewood Swamp

• Players will no longer incorrectly spawn as OddSock and cause the game to freeze in some rare circumstances when a player quits to the Pod after completing Deep Sea Dive-In with at least 2 players and then returning to Manglewood Swamp.

Create Mode

Create Mode

• The Corner Editor tool will no longer create a broken ghost object when deleting objects.

• Objects will now emit onto the correct layer after tweaking a Piston.

• Players can now correctly stamp down Decoration by pressing the Left Stick (L3) on PlayStation 4.

DLC Fixes

Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack

• Players will now be able to collect all of the Prize Bubbles in “METAL GEAR SOLID Act 1: Introduction” using the correct Sticker on the required Sticker Switches.

LittleBigPlanet 2: Move Pack

• Quitting back to the Pod after loading “Jam Kerblam” will no longer cause the game to crash under some circumstances.

Assuming they work the same way as they did in LBPV, they're dynamic - there was a setting on them in LBPV that allowed them to display signal strength, along with a suffix/prefix, so you could very easily make notes that, for example, told you what percentage of a timer was filled. You could also set how precise the readout was by adjusting how many decimal points it had.

I made sterling use of it in LBPV by creating a completely accurate spirit gauge :p
Yup. The LBP3 one works exactly like that.

Which backgrounds are supposed to be selectable?

None of the LBP3 ones (Manglewood etc.) are available for me.

So the unlocking of backgrounds for the different LBP3 areas was fixed in patch 1.06, so you have to re-unlock them by beating the following areas:

Needlepoint - Needlepoint Peaks
Manglewood - Boss (Lights, Camera, Traction)
Ziggurat - Boss (On A Link of Disaster)
Bunkum - Boss (Even Bosses Wear Hats)
Popit Puzzle - Popit Puzzle 14

EDIT: Ah cool deal, looks like you got it working!

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dunno if this was mentioned in the notes (or if it even happened with this patch) but I did my routine "import LBP1/2 content" that I do after each patch and got a good bit of new old stuff from both. Sweet! I don't know if it's everything*, but at least it's something.

*edit: I do seem to still be missing the winter hat, so yeah, still not quite everything, but we're getting there.

Dunno if this was mentioned in the notes (or if it even happened with this patch) but I did my routine "import LBP1/2 content" that I do after each patch and got a good bit of new old stuff from both. Sweet! I don't know if it's everything*, but at least it's something.

*edit: I do seem to still be missing the winter hat, so yeah, still not quite everything, but we're getting there.

Yeah, we've been keeping track of what's still missing, but we're working on getting everything back in soon.

Also, here are the latest team picks from last Friday:

Across the Sky: https://lbp.me/v/qwc5-21/
Bubble Madness: https://lbp.me/v/qwe307p/
Cube Frenzy: https://lbp.me/v/qt13v21/

Creaking

Hmm, the US Playstion Blog post for the store update today mentions a Velocity 2X costume being available, but I scoured the store and found no such thing. It also only appears under the PS4 addons section of the blog post; no mention in the PS3 section.

Guessing it's another goof-up, like listing those developer-based costumes the week the Adventure Time content went up. Although I checked that again, and the mention was removed.

Oh I'm onto your tricks!

Yeah, we've been keeping track of what's still missing, but we're working on getting everything back in soon.

Right, right. I was just pleasantly surprised because I try after each patch, but for months now nothing's happened, and I didn't see anything mentioning a fix (even partial) for that in the patch notes.

Hmm, the US Playstion Blog post for the store update today mentions a Velocity 2X costume being available, but I scoured the store and found no such thing. It also only appears under the PS4 addons section of the blog post; no mention in the PS3 section.

Guessing it's another goof-up, like listing those developer-based costumes the week the Adventure Time content went up. Although I checked that again, and the mention was removed.

Oh I'm onto your tricks!

Looks like they forgot things can be updated any day on the PSN store now instead of the usual Tuesday. :O

Also....

CE0u64KWMAA99zf.png

https://twitter.com/LittleBigPlanet/status/598185914616160258

Creaking

Oh dear... this clearly must be a costume based on Yoshimitsu's appearance in Tekken 7. Yes. Clearly.

Creaking

So between the Velocity 2X costume that was listed with the PS Store update blog post (and the subsequent twitter tease), the Octodad tease, another tease hinting at a Thomas Was Alone costume, and the most recent twitter tease (96.7288% chance that it's Chester from Don't Starve) it sounds like we're getting a bunduru of indie game costumes, or at least a handful of separate ones.

Announcement is s'posed to be coming tomorrow.

Creaking

So it was foreteased, so hath it come to be:

Octodad and Velocity are standalone costumes, available now, Thomas was Alone is part of a minipack (which looks like it includes costumes for both Toggles as well) available on Tuesday, and then Don't Starve is one of a full blown 6 costume pack, available the following Tuesday.

They look pretty good, though I kind of wish the Don't Starve costumes weren't using the cardboard aesthetic so heavily. It sounds blasphemous, but the hand-crafted costume-looking costumes tend to be my least favorite. I prefer when Sackboy & co go all-in when becoming another character. I still remember the dark ages when the only sword item available for Sackboy's hand was the cardboard Patapon sword. Eeeegh... never again.

Still, they look nice in an artistic way, if not as nice in a utilitarian way.

I did check out the Octodad costume on the main site, and I'm happy to see that his head is apparently comprised of three pieces (eyes, head bit and mouth). The more pieces the better, I say!

Blog posts

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/05/15/littlebigplanet-3-sackboy-loves-indies/
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015...s-alone-dont-starve-invade-littlebigplanet-3/

Edit: I s'pose I ought not quadruple post, so I'll just add this in here.

I was going through an image gallery that had some old screencaps I took of the LBP3 Gamescom demo from last year. I had a picture of some of Toggle's costumes, which I had assumed at the time would all be in the game, but looking back, such is not quite the case.

The upper left two costumes aren't currently available, although they don't appear to be particularily unique in design. One appears to be the Toggle equivalent of Sackboy's "Brazilian Fan" soccer outfit, while the other seems to be Toggle's version of Sackboy's Cinco de Mayo Mariachi costume, albeit with a decorated skull face.

Nothing too exciting, but kind of interesting nonetheless. I suppose there's still time for the Cinco de Mayo thing to happen, but I wonder if/when the soccer/football costumes will be implemented.

Creaking

Hey pals. :|

So update 1.08 seems to be coming this Wednesday. It's smaller but it's supposed to fix things like
StevenI said:
PS4 Keyboard Chat functionality, Notes remembering their visibility tweaks and preventing Sackboy from becoming glued to objects in Create Mode.

There are a few other fixes too

So that's good to hear. I'm really glad to hear about PS4 keyboard chat functionality. I got an external keyboard for just such a purpose, and I missed that feature.

Well all right then. See you guys in half a month again. :|

Hey pals. :|

So update 1.08 seems to be coming this Wednesday. It's smaller but it's supposed to fix things like

So that's good to hear. I'm really glad to hear about PS4 keyboard chat functionality. I got an external keyboard for just such a purpose, and I missed that feature.

Well all right then. See you guys in half a month again. :|

Lol! Sorry Creaking. I havent had time to play this in a long time. And busy with Witcher right now

Honestly I was waiting until online was fixed to come back - is coop good to go now or is it still buggy?

Creaking

Again, I'm not the best judge of that. My net connection is not ideal. I get 3Mb/s up and 5 Mb/s down in the best conditions, only I'm on a wireless line so the conditions are never the best.

I tried another content import after the latest patch, and ended up with the Fez and Winter Hat from LBP2. Nice. At this point, I'd have to do a side-by-side check to see what, if anything, is still missing.

Also, really random and minor thing, but there seems to be a bug where, when browsing certain sections of the pop it, the sound effect that happens when you press square to get more details is much louder than normal when you press square on category headers. Like pressing square on the "Cardboard" head itself as opposed to pressing square on "Battered Cardboard."

Another really random and minor thing. In the "my pictures" section of stickers, under the actual "my pictures" category (rather than "my paintings" or "screenshots") there's a weird navigational bug that occurs with certain pictures. I'll press left or right to move to the item on the left or right, but instead it will move up or down. This doesn't occur when the pop-it is expanded to full screen. When I add or remove a picture to that category, the affected pictures change. It typically only seems to affect 4 pictures at any time, all within close proximity.

Curious little bug.

Creaking

Bummed out that the Keyboard fix wasn't what I thought it was. I thought it would return keyboard usage to what it had been in the previous games, where you could type out and send a message to the other players no matter what else you were doing. But nope, still not doable. You still have to select the option from the pop-it menu, which is terribly inconvenient. I guess this fix was for something else.

Creaking

Isn't it?

What I find especially cool is that this level kit seems to be a direct extension of the main story, after its end. They haven't really done that before. Usually it's just a little self-contained spinoff story.

Stanng243

Isn't it?

What I find especially cool is that this level kit seems to be a direct extension of the main story, after its end. They haven't really done that before. Usually it's just a little self-contained spinoff story.

Very nice. I need to go back and play some more of this game. And reading isn't hard, it was the lack of caffeine that killed me.

Isn't it?

I'm actually quite stoked about the levels being based off themes from LBP1 and 2. Would love to see some of the level concepts from 1 again - the african safari level, the garden world...

Creaking

I'm actually quite stoked about the levels being based off themes from LBP1 and 2. Would love to see some of the level concepts from 1 again - the african safari level, the garden world...

Well the Gardens and Wedding themes are confirmed from these screens, as well as The Factory of a Better Tomorrow.

You can spy a few new costumes in the screens too. Got horse armor for Oddsock, blue Zoidberg in a spacesuit for Swoop, and some robo superhero stuff for the Toggles.

There also might be some costumes based on older non Sackboy-based characters

Oh yeah, and Oddsock is getting a butt-spring. The Tigger levels are out of control in that first screenshot.

Creaking

The PS Store update today mentions a Bloodborne costume, but it wasn't in any of the announcements, and isn't showing up on the add-on page. Guess they aren't good at keeping secrets.

Mandelbo

Well the Gardens and Wedding themes are confirmed from these screens, as well as The Factory of a Better Tomorrow.

You can spy a few new costumes in the screens too. Got horse armor for Oddsock, blue Zoidberg in a spacesuit for Swoop, and some robo superhero stuff for the Toggles.

There also might be some costumes based on older non Sackboy-based characters

Oh yeah, and Oddsock is getting a butt-spring. The Tigger levels are out of control in that first screenshot.

Wait, what? Where did this come from? Levels based off themes from the older games sounds awesome!

Obvious don't want to offend the developers as I know some post in here (personally a big fan of sonic all-star racing transformed :) ), but I kind of wanted to gauge people's thoughts on the state of the game these days. I held off purchasing at launch because of two main factors: reports about bugs and technical issues, and that the campaign was perhaps a little shorter than previous games. The game has went a good bit down in price now and I'm kind of interested. At a lower price I can forgive any length issues, but I'm just interested now in what the average experience is now for playing the game?

Obvious don't want to offend the developers as I know some post in here (personally a big fan of sonic all-star racing transformed :) ), but I kind of wanted to gauge people's thoughts on the state of the game these days. I held off purchasing at launch because of two main factors: reports about bugs and technical issues, and that the campaign was perhaps a little shorter than previous games. The game has went a good bit down in price now and I'm kind of interested. At a lower price I can forgive any length issues, but I'm just interested now in what the average experience is now for playing the game?

That's no problem. The game did not release in the best of states, but we have provided 8 game updates since launch addressing many issues to include game progress bugs in the main adventure, profile issues, etc. So Main Adventure playthroughs should be all good now. As for multiplayer, we are continually looking at improving the experience and future patches should help improve connectivity and performance. In the latest patch, we've exposed to the users some reasons why they may not be able to connect to other players such as players ignoring your requests, the level you are trying to enter is overheating, etc. So no longer are you just getting a "Failure to Connect" message. We definitely looking at improving the messaging behind these issues and generally improving the flow so you see fewer of them.

Needless to say, we are adding more features on top of fixes to improve the experience. Also, more fun stuff is coming very soon.

As for previously owned DLC problems, it is a PSN entitlements issue that we have been continuously working with the multiple PSN territories to fix. But the vast majority have been fixed and we are looking at the edge cases (US Monsters Pack I'm looking at you :O).

Hey, I really appreciate the time you took to reply there man. 8 updates is a lot of post release dedication, so that's great to hear. I guess I forgot to detail that with my purchase I would be playing primarily solo or local co-op with my kid, very little if any online multiplayer for either of us. The announcement of the story dlc on the eu blog the other day just made it seem like a good time to revisit LBP and look into LBP3 again. Is the new adventure the first in a series of adventures or is the team moving onwards to their next project after this? Thanks again :)

Hey, I really appreciate the time you took to reply there man. 8 updates is a lot of post release dedication, so that's great to hear. I guess I forgot to detail that with my purchase I would be playing primarily solo or local co-op with my kid, very little if any online multiplayer for either of us. The announcement of the story dlc on the eu blog the other day just made it seem like a good time to revisit LBP and look into LBP3 again. Is the new adventure the first in a series of adventures or is the team moving onwards to their next project after this? Thanks again :)

No prob! And hope you enjoy it if you jump in. ^^ There's more to come on top of continuing updates to improve the experience, so stay tuned. :)

Creaking

So I've been reading that the Cross Controller pack won't be available as a series of levels due to compatibility issues between the Vita and PS4 (I'm guessing the design/programming involved in getting those two to connect on PS3 was much different), but instead we'll be getting a sci-fi pack that includes all of the creation parts and costumes from the level kit. I don't think it'll have any levels, just a straight content dump into your pop-it.

Better than nothing though. I just hope the game recognizes the content from this sci-fi pack as being the same as that of the cross-controller level kit when it comes to letting you edit levels that include content from specific add-ons.

And the Bloodborne Costume is here!

Adorable. Mix that with some Nightmare Before Christmas assets, and you could have a pretty good LittleBigYharnam

Creaking

Mio dio, this man speaks the truth!

So nice to be able to revisit my old LBP2 project. Completely overwhelmed by it though. At the time I was so engrossed in all of it's complexity that I knew it inside and out. But "the time" at its prime was well over a year ago.

Mandelbo

Mio dio, this man speaks the truth!

So nice to be able to revisit my old LBP2 project. Completely overwhelmed by it though. At the time I was so engrossed in all of it's complexity that I knew it inside and out. But "the time" at its prime was well over a year ago.

I had a similar moment when I went back to my Super Crate Box inspired level a while back, after about a year and a half. Everything seemed so alien because of how I'd laid everything out - it even took me a pretty long time to figure out exactly how the shooting worked! I figured it out eventually, but I never worked out a few of the kinks, like how weapon boxes sometimes wouldn't give you anything. I advertised it as a feature in the finished level :p

What's your project like? Have you got any screens? :D

Creaking

I had a similar moment when I went back to my Super Crate Box inspired level a while back, after about a year and a half. Everything seemed so alien because of how I'd laid everything out - it even took me a pretty long time to figure out exactly how the shooting worked! I figured it out eventually, but I never worked out a few of the kinks, like how weapon boxes sometimes wouldn't give you anything. I advertised it as a feature in the finished level :p

What's your project like? Have you got any screens? :D

I did a little video a few months back (which is about 8 pages in LBP thread time) that showed off pretty much all of what was currently functioning in that level.

If you do watch the video, here's another drawing of what the main character was supposed to look like. It's from 2012, which was probably the height of my work on this project. I'm no pixel artist, but it was the easiest thing to model with and get a semi-accurate depiction of what I wanted visually.

As an additional curiosity, here's a short clip where I've expanded a bunch of the character & ui logic and I zoom out. It's not nearly all the logic in the level (though it's mostly unique, as opposed to the more systemic microchip structures that only have a few differences. Plus it was making the framerate chug like mad, if you couldn't tell.

I still get the gist of how I made stuff work, but I've completely forgotten how I translated that to LBP's logic tools.

https://twitter.com/acdramon/status/611364619832176640

CHwA4ZZWoAEZZe7.jpg

:)

Also, in regards to the cross-controller/sci-fi stuff you mentioned before... yeah, it will be compatible with older projects that used cross-controller stuff.

More cool stuff soon as well. ^^

Of course I needn't give the community ideas. :p

And glad to hear that as always. :D

Top Bottom