• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LittleBigPlanet 3 |OT| #4TheLayers

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Nice. Hope more folks jump in at that price.

Looks like we got a new shirt today. Wear the legacy of LBP3's early days:

Stacey

Banned
The Journey Home has popped up on the UK store,

Not available until Friday I believe (strange for dlc) and it's only £4.99

Gonna jump straight in :)

Creaking

Looks like we're getting update 1.09 on the same day.

Patch notes:

Update Notes 1.09

General Changes

• The Social Menu has now been separated into two pages.
    One page for your PSN Friends and one page for Hearted Players.
    You can use L1/R1 to toggle between the two pages.
  • Players will now appear on both the PSN Friends page and the Hearted Players page, if they are a PSN Friend that has been Hearted.
    Note: Previously these players only showed under PSN Friends but we thought that if they were special enough to be Hearted too, they should appear on both your Social Menu pages!
  • Multiplayer connection messaging updated to better inform players when a player is unable to be connected to after sending them a Join/Invite request.
    Note: The above changes are a step towards making the multiplayer connection process more straight forward and informative, so that you are able to connect to your friends and other players more easily.
    We will continue to make improvements where possible to the multiplayer experience.

General Fixes

• The Social Menu will now correctly display all of your PSN Friends and their Online Status.
  • Objects that had previously become stuck to Sackboy will now be removed from Sackboy when returning to the Pod. Allowing Sackboy to spawn into the Pod correctly.
    Note: This is a further fix to the “Objects become stuck to Sackboy” fix from our previous update. If your Sackboy had objects stuck to them and was unable to spawn into their Pod, this new fix should now automatically resolve that issue for you without requiring the use of the previous workaround provided.
  • Keyboards will now continue to function correctly on PlayStation 4 after exiting to the Home Screen and returning to the game.
  • PlayStation 4 Exclusive Pins will no longer unlock on PlayStation 3.
  • Players can now consistently press X to skip the end of level process when reaching the end of a level via either the Scoreboard or the Progress Board instead of pressing X for one and Start for the other.
  • Pressing the Touch Pad will now bring the player out of the screensaver after leaving the game idle.
  • Players can now use the Move Motion Controller to navigate Adventure Maps.

Game Stability

General Fixes

• Fixed a rare crashing instance that may occur when placing a Level Icon on to an
    Adventure Map that is already covered with Stickers.

Adventure - Bunkum Lagoon - Even Bosses Wear Hats Sometimes

• Fixed a bug where only one player in a multiplayer session may respawn in certain sections of this level.

Gameplay Fixes

Adventure – Bunkum Lagoon – The Masque Maker’s Tower

• Fixed a level escape that could allow Sackboy to fall out of the level.

Create Mode

• The Corner Editor will no longer behave erratically when attempting to use it.
    Note: If you previously changed your Touch Create Mode setting to “Cursor” to avoid this issue; you can now change it back to “Camera” and this issue will no longer occur.
  • Magic Mouths created in LittleBigPlanet 2 that contain long audio recordings will now play correctly in LittleBigPlanet 3.
  • Magic Mouths created in LittleBigPlanet 2 that are wired directly to one another, will now function correctly.
  • Magic Mouths will no longer play simultaneously and will now play in the correct sequence as set by their creator.
  • Magic Mouths no longer require a lot of text attached to their “Speech” to allow for a full recording time.
  • The Note Tool will now correctly remember its tweak settings when emitted.
  • The Note Tool will now display Black text on a Yellow Background by default to make the text considerably easier to read when first input. The Text and Background can still be manually changed within the tweak menu.
  • The Touch Pad can no longer be used to manipulate elements in Create Mode whilst the Save Changes prompt is visible.

DLC Fixes

The Muppets Premium Level Kit

• Players no longer have just one life in “The Final Curtain” boss fight of The Muppets Premium Level Kit and now have the correct number of lives to beat this baddie!

Alszem

Have they fixed the DLC issues yet?

I couldn't redownload most level packs and some costume packs I bought when they came out for LBP2 last time I played. It sucks.

Creaking

I couldn't redownload most level packs and some costume packs I bought when they came out for LBP2 last time I played. It sucks.

Most of them, yeah. I think the cross-controller pack is still waiting on an alternate solution though.

Be sure to try both the in-game store and the web browser store. I sometimes would find one thing on one and not the other (though most of it was on the web store).

Alszem

Most of them, yeah. I think the cross-controller pack is still waiting on an alternate solution though.

Be sure to try both the in-game store and the web browser store. I sometimes would find one thing on one and not the other (though most of it was on the web store).

Thanks. I forgot about the web store.

Yeah, all DLC issues have been sorted (aside from Cross Controller as mentioned above). You can do either web store or in-game store to redeem your stuff. If you are still having issues, let me know so I can escalate it.

Alszem

Yeah, all DLC issues have been sorted (aside from Cross Controller as mentioned above). You can do either web store or in-game store to redeem your stuff. If you are still having issues, let me know so I can escalate it.

Thank you. It seems to work fine now except for the MGS and the History packs that were included in the GOTY edition of LBP.

Is that normal ?

Creaking

Er... having issues accessing the content in-game. I bought it and downloaded, but when I try to get to it from the more stories menu, it tells me I have to download it. When I hit download, I get the dreaded "no content was found" screen.

Edit: Maybe this has something to do with it. On the webstore, my downloads list has these two items:

Store%20Screenshot.png~original

What would be the PS4 version of the content seems to be confused about its platform.

Er... having issues accessing the content in-game. I bought it and downloaded, but when I try to get to it from the more stories menu, it tells me I have to download it. When I hit download, I get the dreaded "no content was found" screen.
Close down LBP3 and restart it. That should re-run your entitlements and it should appear as normal.

Tried that once, but okay, I'll do it again. Shut off the whole console for good measure.

Edit:

Working now! Thanks.
No prob. It happens when you have LBP3 already on and you purchase from the online store. It happened to me when the FFVII stuff reappeared and I forgot about the entitlements shenanigans. Was tripping out for a bit until I waited a bit and restarted the game, then my costumes were good to go!

Glad to see it working! Enjoy :)

I like not being able to get the things I paid for because they're locked behind forced multiplayer stuff that's impossible to complete because you can never join anyone and when you do it's a laggy mess or the game fails to connect when the level loads.

I've been trying for the last three fucking hours to do the Swoop and Oddsock mp levels and I've found a grand total of ONE fucking person that allowed me to join (I was then booted back to my pod upon loading the level, of course), at least the Toggle level can be 100%d by yourself.

There needs to be an option to unlock everything without playing. I want to use the shit I fucking paid for.

J-Spot

Downloaded the latest patch and booted this game for the first time in months to see if it ever got adequately fixed. The most obnoxious bug for me was when Sackboy would randomly warp ahead while on rails or fences, so I immediately check for that. Surprise surprise, it still has not been fixed.

Alszem

Hi again. There are a few items I cannot redownload for some reason.

Costumes:
St-Patrick's
Groundhog Day
Solstice
Sacktue of Liberty
Mariachi

Summer and wintee creator kit.

Common issue?

Downloaded the latest patch and booted this game for the first time in months to see if it ever got adequately fixed. The most obnoxious bug for me was when Sackboy would randomly warp ahead while on rails or fences, so I immediately check for that. Surprise surprise, it still has not been fixed.

They keep updating but the game has so many bugs and glitches it's crazy.
I did a test today as well from the start of the game, the popit gives a horrible noise through the tutorial level, random glitches everywhere. my pod started with a background from lbp2 and not the default treehouse one and when i went to change it my pod windows are now forever glitched with glitchy flashing white squares that are enough to give someone a seizure, tried changing the pod background to treehouse or another option but the squares remain, also tried resetting it but nothing works, i can no longer look at my pod or do anything in fear of the glitchy flashing white squares.

Aside from my ongoing frustrations with trying to complete the mp levels in the new dlc, I really enjoyed this pack. I only have a couple critiques:

- like the main game, it's a little too short. I was expecting length like the DC pack.
- there's no sackboy level. All future level packs should have at least one level per character.
- when sorting by theme in the popit, there's no "journey home" category.

I keep having this issue: more often than not, when I choose Return to Pod or Replay from the pause menu in the new dlc, it puts me back out into my pod.

Also, sometimes when paused in one of the new levels, the level badge is blank and the details can't be accessed. What gives?

Creaking

Aside from my ongoing frustrations with trying to complete the mp levels in the new dlc, I really enjoyed this pack. I only have a couple critiques:

- like the main game, it's a little too short. I was expecting length like the DC pack.

The DC pack was more expensive. Plus it came out like a year after the previous major DLC release in LBP2.

Oh, that's right. It was $10, not $6.

Then again, most (all?) of the previous level packs have had 5 main levels with multiple side levels; this only had 3 of each for the same price.

I still feel that the 3 new characters were unnecessary. Walljumping should've been added to Sackboy's core moveset, and Swoop's/Toggle's abilities should have been relegated to powerups (one of which already exists in the Hero Cape).

DCS

Banned
Whenever I try to purchase the three parts of the Santa costume for PS4 I get a 'you are not eligible to purchase or download this content' message. All of the other costumes are fine and I used to have the Santa costume on PS3 without issue. Any ideas? I'm in the UK, if that helps.

This is just unbelievable. If you miraculously connect to someone, something will always fuck up whatever you're trying to do:

- lag
- disconnect
- boot to pod on loading
- freeze your system

It's not on my end because everything else works fine. I'll try for the rest of the day to 100% the new dlc and if I can't, I'm shelving this game for a long time. I've had enough of this crap.

-edit-

Yup, I'm done. Maybe in 6 months it'll be playable.

Yup, I'm done. Maybe in 6 months it'll be playable.

Not a chance in hell, the developers are clearly done with this game, they've even started charging for new content when the old stuff is still broken.
I've said this 1000 times but this game should have been torn to shreds by customers, why ubisoft get a grilling when this game was far worse is beyond me.
game breaking glitches, screen tearing, constant slowdown, bugs every 10 seconds and this is after hundreds of patches.
The game is only just playable and even then you have to grit your teeth throughout the incredibly short campaign due to constant battles with glitches and bugs, it's a broken product that sadly people will defend.

Apologies for some of the persisting issues. If you know of ways to reproduce the issues you're experiencing, can you please PM me so we can get our team to suss it out?

Hi again. There are a few items I cannot redownload for some reason.

Costumes:
St-Patrick's
Groundhog Day
Solstice
Sacktue of Liberty
Mariachi

Summer and wintee creator kit.

Common issue?

Whenever I try to purchase the three parts of the Santa costume for PS4 I get a 'you are not eligible to purchase or download this content' message. All of the other costumes are fine and I used to have the Santa costume on PS3 without issue. Any ideas? I'm in the UK, if that helps.

Check your territory's PSN web store and text search for these items. They should show up then.

Hedrush

I'm really sad that sumo fucked this game up. LBP was one of my favourite games on PS3 and an unofficial mascot for Sony. Sumo should never be allowed anywhere near a PS4 dev kit again. Its simply shameful what they have done to the LBP franchise.

Stanng243

I'm really sad that sumo fucked this game up. LBP was one of my favourite games on PS3 and an unofficial mascot for Sony. Sumo should never be allowed anywhere near a PS4 dev kit again. Its simply shameful what they have done to the LBP franchise.

How so? I loved the game, and don't remember any issues when I played it. And they've had 9 patches to fix issues.

Oh man, awesome job on the God of War combat arena! It's got everything:

Hit counter
Combos
Dodge-rolling
Specials
Executions
Boss fights

I was not expecting that after DLing the costumes yesterday, been using Fear Kratos since and died against Hades on my first try.

Oh man, awesome job on the God of War combat arena! It's got everything:

Hit counter
Combos
Dodge-rolling
Specials
Executions
Boss fights

I was not expecting that after DLing the costumes yesterday, been using Fear Kratos since and died against Hades on my first try.

Glad you enjoyed it! It was fun teaming up with Sony Santa Monica and getting this done. Designing this kind of level is more my style anyway. ^^

For those of you who haven't tried it out yet, it's a free community level that we published yesterday in conjunction with the release of the GoW3 Costume Pack: https://lbp.me/v/qw3dym5

04QloP5.gif

NgdylTN.gif

OJiYTDw.gif

gt6GvqH.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0NGGsiGz1s

How so? I loved the game, and don't remember any issues when I played it. And they've had 9 patches to fix issues.

9 patches but the game is still full of bugs and glitches, people are still falling through floors and experiencing hundreds of glitches and problems.
You were obviously one of the lucky ones but the majority of people were sadly not so fortunate.
I still test the game after every patch and it's still a broken mess for me and only takes me a few minutes to experience a glitch or bug.

How come the Object Animation tweaker doesn't work on animated materials? 200% just isn't enough sometimes.

Unless I'm doing something wrong?..

The Object Animation Tweaker is only meant for premade objects that have animations. It was not meant to work with animated materials.

I can ask to see if the team can increase the speed though.

Teknoman

It kills me how everytime I think i've got time to work on anything in the series, work gets in the way lol. I havent finished a stage or set of stages...since LBP1.

Top Bottom