• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Livestreamer in Japan accidentally burn down his house, caught on video

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody died.

I bought a fire extinguisher today. I really need to put it somewhere out of sight because I keep looking at it and I want to try it out. It's not really a "try it out" kind of thing though!

I hope it works. What if it doesn't? How will I ever know until it's too late!

Severance

Oh man, this why I love the digital age. People streaming their lives hours every day as we get to watch them do the dumbest shit and upload it to YouTube, complete with lolli voiceover. I understand people make bad choices in a state of panic, but this guy here did everything wrong. At least no one was hurt and only his room burned.

scogoth

Nobody died.

I bought a fire extinguisher today. I really need to put it somewhere out of sight because I keep looking at it and I want to try it out. It's not really a "try it out" kind of thing though!

Got to go on site of a demolition and they had a bunch of expired fire extinguishers so he took them and tested them out. The CO2 ones are extremely messy so I wouldn't try it if I were you.

kurahador

Nobody died.

Good for you. I bought one for my parents house once and it just ended up expired without using.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Good for you. I bought one for my parents house once and it just ended up expired without using.
Which is probably the best case scenario for one. It's one of those things that you want available, but you never want to be in a situation where you actually need to use it.

hbkdx12

This reminds of the time when i was young and home alone and tried to roast marshmellows on the stove. Had the marshmellow on a knife and turned the fire on and the whole thing instantly caught on fire and i instantly freaked.

Did the dumb thing of trying to swing the knife up and down frantically hoping it would put out the fire. Naturally it didn't.

I calmed myself for a quick second and turned around to the sink and put water on it.

So on one hand i can understand the panic that sets in when something goes ablaze unexpectedly but if he had the werewithall to pick the bag up to try to move it then he should have just took it to the bathroom'/sink.

Javaman

Nobody died.

Don't test it if it's a powder one. Once you use it the stuff stays caught in the valve causing all the pressure to slowly leak out. Just check the pressure gauge every once in a while.

I wasn't really going to test it, it's just new-toy syndrome. I want to use it :lol

I realise I can't!

So on one hand i can understand the panic that sets in when something goes ablaze unexpectedly but if he had the werewithall to pick the bag up to try to move it then he should have just took it to the bathroom'/sink.

That's what he was trying to do, I assume, but then either he gets burned or the bag melts and he loses it.

Go_Ly_Dow

Just purchased 2 extinguishers. 22 combined includiing delivery.

One for my parents house an one of my sisters and nephews place.

This thread convinced me to buy a kidde pro 210 fire extinguisher from Amazon. Hope I'll never have to use it. They're cheaper than I thought.

Seventy70

This was obviously some kind of fire extinguisher viral marketing. We didn't even SEE the house. How do we know it existed?

Nobody died.

The news article posted earlier says 1 was killed ...

They don't in the US either, unless it's like a high-rise. Most states require a smoke and carbon-dioxide detector and nothing else (and the carbon-dioxide detector requirement is fairly new).
Interesting, my apartment provided one per house. Has to get inspected each year. Hope I never have to use it, but glad to have it around. Someone still managed to burn down a complex with one though...
Dumb girl burnt boyfriend's clothes IN the apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom