• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Livestreamer in Japan accidentally burn down his house, caught on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

AdanVC

It's amazing that even while he was "putting off" that fire he still goes back to his computer only to disconnect the microphone like, dude, your house is burning down just turn off that damn pc and scream for help!! He continued acting like nothing major was happening probably because he was still trying to act cool in front of the camera and thinking about how popular is gonna become on the stream after this. He was still confident in putting off that fire with just 2 medium size bowls of water...

SO DUMB!

The sleepy little anime girl voice on top of it, especially since I didn't understand it, made the video too funny.

Especially the very last second voice at the end of the video as the room is engulfed and You can't see anything.

This truly looked like straight out of a Mr. Bean episode. But that creepy voice on the last few seconds of the video made it look like a nightmare. Just imagine. Your house is burning down, you can't see anything due to the insanely thick smoke and the only thing you hear is that creepy robotic voice... wow. Hope he is okay.

Spladam

Ok, since I just stupidly made this same thread minutes ago...

Did you guys catch the sound of Minecraft Lava in the background then entire time foreshadowing what was to come?

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The one moment that just floors me isn't when he tries to stomp out the fire with cardboard. It's the moment right after he abandons that idea and just rests said cardboard right next to the fire.

http://alfalfalfa.com/articles/133306.html

apparently fire extinguishers are number on amazon japan now. not like that matters if people dont know how to use them...

http://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/movers-and-shakers/kitchen/ref=zg_bs_tab_t_bsms

This guy's probably done more for fire safety in Japan than anyone else in the last ten years, haha. He's an idiot, but he's almost certainly saved someone's life in the future, if not just their possessions.

Most people wouldn't try to stop a fire with cardboard.

It's easy to say that but I couldn't say with 100% certainty that I wouldn't, as an intelligent adult human being. Obviously it wouldn't be ideal, but if I was trying to combat a small fire (which it was at the time) and the thing nearest to me was a large piece of cardboard, I can definitely imagine thinking that it might be enough to smother it long enough for it to go out.

What I wouldn't do is, if it didn't work and the cardboard caught fire, then just leave it where it was. He definitely had time to get that cardboard somewhere safer if not the bag of rubbish.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The one moment that just floors me isn't when he tries to stomp out the fire with cardboard. It's the moment right after he abandons that idea and just rests said cardboard right next to the fire.
That is the moment where I said "yes I am definitely smarter than this guy"

I am pretty sympathetic that any one of us could be a part of some comedy of errors, and it's all easy to see in hindsight, etc.

... But I saw that and I thought, no way in hell would I be that dumb, not even on the most panicked moment of the worst day of my life.

Aselith

Well that's terrible. Hope he lands on his feet :(

It made me feel sad for robo-chan when she eventually went silent too :( RIP, mai waifu

dity

So it's confirmed that his fire didn't harm anyone right? He just caused thousands of dollars worth of damage?

He's probably gonna have to pay up big time.

There are people in this thread who actually think that was an understandable reaction? I once had to put out a fire that was several times larger when I came upon it than his was for the first couple minutes of that video. I ran from the second floor (in nothing but my underwear...), to the backyard, to the upstairs bathroom, then back and forth to the fire faster than that guy got one bitty dish of water from inside a small apartment. And everything he did before that was already totally fucked. He didn't just fail to put it out, he actively made it worse over and over and over and over again.

This guy is a total and complete schmo, and there's nothing normal or forgivable about his response. His level of incompetence is through the roof.

D

Deleted member 74300

Unconfirmed Member
This makes me think up until today, all of Japan thought putting out fires with cardboard boxes was the right idea.

840.jpg

They were just following Big Bosses orders man.

Coreda

There are people in this thread who actually think that was an understandable reaction? I once had to put out a fire that was several times larger when I came upon it than his was for the first couple minutes of that video.

There's a painter I know of who had to put out a fire that started while she slept. After waking to a house on fire she doused a towel in water, covered her head and ran through the burning kitchen that lead outside to the garden hose. With it she was able to save the house from complete destruction and after some renovations continues to live there.

The scene caught on video here is like like a comedy sketch, which is surprising as I've read Japanese have prep training for things like earthquakes.

What an absolute piece of human garbage.

What the hell was he even doing? Showing off his monogrammed Zippo to his adoring stream fans?

I mean just look at him. He's like the guy in who works in the mail room who acts like he's a sick badass who owns the streets.

And he not only ended up burning down several people's houses but also murdering someone? Fucking hell. Lock him up and never let him out.

It terrifies me that some jack ass loser could be doing the exact same thing in the apartment above me.

wow, dude messed big time but you are being overly harsh

Chao

Dude is dumb as shit.

Seeing him waving around that flask full of gasoline while SMOKING and TRYING TO IGNITE A SPARK, then cleaning up the gasoline with PAPER which HE KEEPS BY HIS SIDE IN A BAG FULL OF GARBAGE and then trying to put out the fire WITH A CARDBOARD BOX.

How can you be this dumb so many times in such a short period of time?

When I used to live in a flat, the idea that someone as dumb as this guy could start a fire someday scared me constantly.

Coreda

Seeing him waving around that flask full of gasoline while SMOKING and TRYING TO IGNITE A SPARK, then cleaning up the gasoline with PAPER which HE KEEPS BY HIS SIDE IN A BAG FULL OF GARBAGE only to see the lighter EXPLODE IN FLAMES before starting a second fire by PUTTING THE STILL LIT MATCH IN THE GARBAGE BAG BEHIND HIM and then attempt to extinguish the fire by fanning it WITH A CARDBOARD BOX.

Improved. Putting the lit match in the garbage full of tissues he used to clean off the lighter fluid was the most priceless moment.

So it's confirmed that his fire didn't harm anyone right? He just caused thousands of dollars worth of damage?

He's probably gonna have to pay up big time.

I heard one person died from this.

Edit: Never mind. Apparently there was another fire happening in a different location on the same day that killed a person.

OEM

That was accidental? Looked like intentional to me unless the guy was just straight up retarded. Putting out fire with a cardboard box. lol

MUnited83

For you.
Apparently it spread to 3 buildings and one body was found.

Source.

Translated through Google translate:

4:00 pm 2 15 minutes around , it was fire from Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Ebara of the apartment , two-story total of about 240 square meters wooden burned down . Baked part in Moeutsu~tsu to three buildings , such as adjacent to the apartment , it was put out after about 6 hours . Found the bodies of one woman from the ruins of apartment buildings , the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Ebara station is residents unemployed , I'm in a hurry to confirm the identity and look Jutaniki以子's ( 78) . According to the police , the first floor of the interior was burning fiercely . Other residents want , such as shelter , was not injured .

Unless I'm reading it wrong, those have nothing to do with this one.

Do they not require fire extinguishers in apartments for Japan?
Anyways, I like how he tried to fight the fight with cardboard. The worse thing is the damage he did to other people.

Do they not require fire extinguishers in apartments for Japan?
Anyways, I like how he tried to fight the fight with cardboard. The worse thing is the damage he did to other people.

They don't in the US either, unless it's like a high-rise. Most states require a smoke and carbon-dioxide detector and nothing else (and the carbon-dioxide detector requirement is fairly new).

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Does Japan get enough education about fire safety? It sounds like this guy did a lot of things out of complete ignorance.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
What an idiot. Why on earth was he playing about with a match/oil anyway? Well, oil was mentioned in the badly translated video title.

He tries putting it out with cardboard? Good idea! Take your time going to get water and filling only a little bowl? Another great idea!

If I can't get a fire out in like maybe 30-60 seconds then I'm phoning fire department straight away. They can come soak my entire house and destroy my tv/ computer/consoles/every electronic device. ruin my flooring/wallpaper. I ain't having my house burning and putting other people in danger. Grab my cats and GTFO.

Was he trying to kill a spider?

But seriously, that fire should never have even started in the the first place. I really hope he's charged with arson and murder for the guy he killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom