• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Livestreamer in Japan accidentally burn down his house, caught on video

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItIsOkBro

Look at the video again. The bag opens up from the bottom or side, due to the heat. It's very thin plastic.

It seems like some people in this here thread are also unfamiliar with the properties of fire. Oh the irony.

Okay, after failing to notice a fire for 15 seconds maybe he couldn't make it to the shower.

Still, 5/5 Gaffers know the next best course of action isn't to put the fire out with cardboard.

Linkyn

I'm pretty sure many people's attempts at putting out a fire w/o a fire extinguisher would be the same as this guy's

I had something similar happen to me about two and a half years ago. While I was making dinner, a pan caught on fire. Even with proper equipment in the same room, the moment you realise what is happening, your mind just goes blank, and a more basic, straightforward rationale starts taking over. I ended up grabbing the pan and dropping it into the kitchen sink instead of going for the fire blanket or extinguisher, earning myself a few full thickness burns in the process. It's easy to talk about the correct way to handle this type of situation in hindsight or as an outside observer, but panic can make you forget all that very quickly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
We used to have one of those electric fireplaces.

I used it for cooking sausages, marshmallows and also for playing with fire.

Turns out my 11 year old self was more responsible with fire than this guy.

The sleepy little anime girl voice on top of it, especially since I didn't understand it, made the video too funny.

Especially the very last second voice at the end of the video as the room is engulfed and You can't see anything.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
The sleepy little anime girl voice on top of it, especially since I didn't understand it, made the video too funny.

Especially the very last second voice at the end of the video as the room is engulfed and You can't see anything.

It couldn't be more amazing.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
I feel bad for him, I don't know what I would have done if my apartment caught on fire.

andthebeatgoeson

Apparently it spread to 3 buildings and one body was found.

Source.

Translated through Google translate:

4:00 pm 2 15 minutes around , it was fire from Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo Ebara of the apartment , two-story total of about 240 square meters wooden burned down . Baked part in Moeutsu~tsu to three buildings , such as adjacent to the apartment , it was put out after about 6 hours . Found the bodies of one woman from the ruins of apartment buildings , the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department Ebara station is residents unemployed , I'm in a hurry to confirm the identity and look Jutaniki以子's ( 78) . According to the police , the first floor of the interior was burning fiercely . Other residents want , such as shelter , was not injured .
They don't have mandatory sprinklers?

Wow. Such idiocy in the face of danger. I hope he doesn't commit suicide after being the laughingstock of the entire world and winning "Dunce of the Day."
I also hope he would stop smoking after this.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
What the hell is the point of that "reusable match" this idiot was using anyhow?

It seems to have no further functionality that a normal lighter doesn't already posesses, and actually seems worse in every respect.

I guess it's the perfect product that appeals to mouth breathers like this guy.

Shaanyboi

Banned
That was some Fawlty Towers level of panic. Also that fire resulted in someone's death apparently so this goes from laughable to fucking terrible.

What the hell is the point of that "reusable match" this idiot was using anyhow?

It seems to have no further functionality that a normal lighter doesn't already posesses, and actually seems worse in every respect.

Because striking a match looks way cooler than using a lighter.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Because striking a match looks way cooler than using a lighter.

So this guy was probably trying to come off as some "cool tough guy" for his stream audience, but is such an absolute loser that he ended up burning down his and several other people's apartments.

I would be so goddamn angry if I lived in that guy's building.

uggggh

Saw this on reddit and been laughing my ass off all day.

Can't anymore now someone's been found dead though...... dude is getting manslaughter.

I was simply amazed watching the video.

Oh, he dropped the lighter......

Oh, theres a bag of burning trash behind him.....

Why is he ignoring the burning trash?

Oh, he's seen it. Okay he's moving it.

Oh the fire burned a hole through the bag. Better go get some water the-

NO! WATER. USE WATER. WHY AREYOU PUTTING CARDBOARD BOXES ON LIVE FIRE?

PLEASE USE WATER! PLEASE USE WATER?

Okay he's left the room surely to get some water.

Okay he's got.........a small bowl of water.

It didn't out the fire... turns out you need more than a splash of water, better go get some more wat-

NO!

NO!

WHY ARE YOU FANNING THE FIRE WITH A DUVET?

PLEASE USE SOME FUCKING WATER?

WHY ARE YOU PUTTING THE DUVET ON TOP,OF THE FIRE?????

WHAT ARE YOU DOING? USE WATER......USE WATER GOD JUST USE SOME WATER.....

Okay he's gone to get some water...

Where is he? Must be filling up a pretty big pot of water.

Is he coming back or what? Room is filling up with smoke..... the house is burning down....

I don't understand. Why didn't he use water?

Hmm, a situation like this got me to thinking what I would do if a fire caught at my place. Thinking I would start filling up my 13-gallon can with water from the shower and then using wet towels to smother in the mean time.

Edit: Haha, just noticed I finally upgraded from a Junior. ;)

Hmm, a situation like this got me to thinking what I would do if a fire caught at my place. Thinking I would start filling up my 13-gallon can with water from the shower and then using wet towels to smother in the mean time.

The flow of water from a shower is mad slow, don't do that. Use a tap.

I faced 2 fires in my life.

At 6yo, a toaster caught fire and the flames where going up to the ceiling. I unplugged the toaster and threw it in the sink with the tap open.

The other was a router AC adapter that caught fire for some reasons. I closed the breaker and put a wet towel on it.

This guy is fucking retarded.

Fucking awful, what a twat. Also I had the volume up and heard some creepy fucking voice, what the fuck is that suppose to be? Sent shivers down my spine like no horror movie could ever hope.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
The first time when he splashes it with a few drops from the water bottle...and then leaves and comes back with that tiny ass water dish. Poor guy.

My wife is Japanese so she translated some of the YouTube comments for me.
The commenters in Japanese said this stream came from a dude in the Shikkoku islands so NOT Tokyo. The previous link with the old lady dying is not related.

Thought process for me went like this.

-Why did he pick up the bag and not the trash can?
-Why did he take it to an area around so much cardboard?
-Why is he calmly trying to smother it with cardboard?
-Being calm might be a good thing but you gotta smother that shit faster dude..
-Ok, the box is on fire to ... maybe it's still small enough to to smother with a blanket or futon.
-Dude, gotta smother faster and harder!
-DUDE, YOU HAD IT ON THE ROPES! DON'T FUCKING TURN AWAY AND LET YOUR FUTON BURN!!!
-DUDE, FUCKING BOWLS OF WATER!?! Game over unless someone pulls out the big guns for taking out fires. Needed a damn extinguisher a ways back ...
-Fuck, hope the fire fighters get there fast ...

Then I see that a woman died from this and now I feel shit for laughing when I thought he was gonna ultimately put it out ...
EDIT- no one died?

Astarte

Before anyone can further guilt trip anyone, no one died in this stupid ass incident. The death is from another similar incident.

-Ok, the box is on fire to ... maybe it's still small enough to to smother with a blanket or futon.
-DUDE, YOU HAD IT ON THE ROPES! DON'T FUCKING TURN AWAY AND WITH YOUR FUTON BURN!!!
-DUDE, FUCKING BOWLS OF WATER!?! Game over unless someone pulls out the big guns for taking out fires. Needed a damn extinguisher a ways back ...

Then I see that a woman died from this and now I feel shit for laughing when I thought he was gonna ultimately put it out ...

The fire that resulted in the casualty was a different fire. His antics most likely didn't kill anyone.

Quixzlizx

This guy actually had it handled with the futon/mattress. If he had just dumped it on the fire and smothered it instead of fanning the flames with it, I think disaster would've been avoided.

cyba89

-DUDE, YOU HAD IT ON THE ROPES! DON'T FUCKING TURN AWAY AND LET YOUR FUTON BURN!!!

You can show this stuff as an educational video about how to not react in a situation like this.

How could you be so dumb? It was one stupid idea after another.

Put lit, or smoldering match on Kleenexes? Check
Move thing on fire near flammable objects and wood instead of running outside? Check
Try to put out fire with flammable objects? Check
Use a small amount of water on big flame? Check

How could you be so dumb? It was one stupid idea after another.

Put lit, or smoldering match on Kleenexes? Check
Move thing on fire near flammable objects and wood instead of running outside? Check
Try to put out fire with flammable objects? Check
Use a small amount of water on big flame? Check

The kleenexes were drenched in lighter fluid. He used theme to clean is match/lighter thing.

tsumineko

He bought it from a dollar store too. Yep.

Arulan

That's really unfortunate.

I had my first fire experience last year. I was cooking, and let the pan get too hot before adding some olive oil and it instantly caught on fire. My first reaction was to run down my apartment's hall and grab a fire extinguisher. In hindsight if I had the pan lid nearby I could've just put it on, or used some baking soda.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom