• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech G900 mouse is $75 (50% off) at Best Buy, in store pickup only

Booo. The deals are over :(

Well since that's not an option, what IS generally considered the best wireless gaming mouse? I didn't realize they performed so well these days.

Booo. The deals are over :(

Well since that's not an option, what IS generally considered the best wireless gaming mouse? I didn't realize they performed so well these days.

The G900 and the G403 are the two best wireless gaming mice. Hands down. Best sensor on the market, flawless wireless tech.

You'd want the G403 if you want a lighter, simpler mouse with an understated design and ergonomic shape.

You'd want the G900 if you want an ambidextrous mouse, with more buttons, more granular weight options, and a more "gamer-y" look.

F34R

Wooot. Grabbed mine at BB a couple hours ago. Now, what to do with it? lol. I don't wanna retire my wired G403!

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Anyone recommend a good Logitech Mechanical keyboard to pair with this? Wired or wireless is fine.

Smokey

Anyone recommend a good Logitech Mechanical keyboard to pair with this? Wired or wireless is fine.

I'm using a Logitech 810 paired with the G900. Great keyboard and great combo. Logitech's software is really good too. I came from a K65 RGB, and I much prefer this 810.

Vipu

Banned
I dont know the exact range but it has a special receiver technique which makes it sometimes even faster than a wired mouse (the good ones), but I was easily able to use the mouse in my 124m² apartment through every thick wall so it is more than enough.

Same here, I can use the mouse anywhere around my 100+m² house and it works 100% perfectly, still want to go someday outside and really see how far can I go before things go weird.

cwistofu

Has anyone else had issues with this mouse in wireless mode?

For me the mouse seems to forget the programmed buttons I've assigned intermittently. The default settings (i.e. forward, back) work no problem, but if i change any of the buttons to different things (next browser tab, win+tab, etc.) sometimes it'll work, sometimes it just won't do anything. EDIT: more often than not, it won't do anything.

Wired doesn't have this problem at all. I can't find any sort of setting in the logitech gaming software settings that would cause some sort of 'sleep' mode or anything... And I can't find a similar problem being reported online.

Halp

EDIT: Figured it out thanks to a helpful guy on the Logitech forums. Linking here in case someone else happens to have this problem.

Because by the time this thread was made it was already sold out on Amazon and the only place to get it from was Bestbuy.

Loving the G900 it really is amazing how responsive it is.

Had I known the context though, I wouldn't have waited until the next day is what I'm saying.

I don't like how the G900 feels. Maybe I'm used to how much more sloped the buttons are on the Steelseries Rival, but it's a lot more comfortable.

I may take this back and see if they have a G403 I can try.

I don't like how the G900 feels. Maybe I'm used to how much more sloped the buttons are on the Steelseries Rival, but it's a lot more comfortable.

I may take this back and see if they have a G403 I can try.

Yeah, as I've said earlier in this thread, the G403 is much more ergonomic IMO.

Just as a warning, if you claw grip your mouse pass on this. I bought one at Christmas and once I got a good long play session in, it felt like I had pieces of glass in my hand for 2 days. This mouse is great tech, but better geared for palm grip or while hand mouse users.

The Iron Weasel

Neo Member
Bought this mouse because of this thread (on sale it was $150 Canadian with tax, ouch!) Going to take some getting used to from the Microsoft gaming mouse I used. Not sure it's $150 nice, but it's definitely nice.

I picked mine up today. It's definitely a mouse. The glowing RGB logo is amusing but it's too bad I need to turn the logo off to improve battery life.

Cyanity

Banned
Still have my 9 year old G9 wired mouse. I'm gonna run this thing until it turns to dust or Logitech makes a better mouse (doubt it). Unless someone in here thinks they can convince me that there is a better mouse on the market than the G9? ...Is there...?

jrcbandit

Heads up, back in stock and sale . This will likely be one of the last few times it will be on "sale" due to it being replaced with the 903 http://gaming.logitech.com/en-us/pr...?ClickID=cqflvs7wvsaqzww4fpleekaaspxzneswznll

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitec...ck/5204603.p?skuId=5204603&productCategoryId=

Ah. I got it the G900 the last time it was on sale, great deal for sure.

The G903 looks exactly the same except optional weight cartridge and optional wireless charging (that requires the separate purchase of wireless charging mat)?

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Ah. I got it the G900 the last time it was on sale, great deal for sure.

The G903 looks exactly the same except optional weight cartridge and optional wireless charging (that requires the separate purchase of wireless charging mat)?

Yeah and that matt will cost $100

Pejo

what's the range on this mouse? I have my desktop hooked up to my TV, and with all the wireless and bluetooth shit in my living room, any wireless mouse I've used has lost signal and become really unusable. I'd love to go back to wireless though.

JMY86

Still have my 9 year old G9 wired mouse. I'm gonna run this thing until it turns to dust or Logitech makes a better mouse (doubt it). Unless someone in here thinks they can convince me that there is a better mouse on the market than the G9? ...Is there...?

Same here. I will use mine until it stops working or disintegrates. Incredible mouse.

Pejo

Welp, I read some good reviews on it, and for that price just decided to go for it. It's got a wired mode anyways, so at worst I have to keep it plugged in.

Thanks for the bump on this.

Bought a G403 for competitive games, should compliment my G602 (though I'm worried about the middle click button, it's been finnicky after only a year of use).

Wheatly

BUT WHICH ONE TO GET

Mechazawa

This is the second time I'll be returning this mouse because another retailer had it for cheaper.

Kinda feeling stupid because I decided to buy it a week ago, but at least I'll be getting some decent savings.

BUT WHICH ONE TO GET

The G900, at least for me, is completely sold out nearby and online, so it's possible you might not have a choice at this point.

I think I just barely got a purchase through before their online stock depleted.

Wheatly

This is the second time I'll be returning this mouse because another retailer had it for cheaper.

Kinda feeling stupid because I decided to buy it a week ago, but at least I'll be getting some decent savings.

The G900, at least for me, is completely sold out nearby and online, so it's possible you might not have a choice at this point.

I think I just barely got a purchase through before their online stock depleted.

Without a doubt the G900 if it's available near you.

Doh

Profanity

Are the mouse buttons on the opposite side easily accessible? Or is it impossible to actually use that way?

They're pretty unwieldy. I tried using them in games but my ring and pinky fingers kept accidentally activating the buttons, and using them when the time comes is often kind of cumbersome. Not ideal in split-second MP games and stuff. I decided to remove them and just use one side.

Mechazawa

Are the mouse buttons on the opposite side easily accessible? Or is it impossible to actually use that way?

They're pretty unwieldy. I tried using them in games but my ring and pinky fingers kept accidentally activating the buttons, and using them when the time comes is often kind of cumbersome. Not ideal in split-second MP games and stuff. I decided to remove them and just use one side.

I think the bottom one on the opposite side is actually pretty easily accessible by hitting it with the bottom of your ring finger. The top one is definitely a bitch to hit though, so it's better reserved for anything that you don't need to reach for too often.

That said, I think pushing in the left and right switches on the scroll wheel feels great. Those should definitely be used for any button that need quick reactions(as opposed to actually hitting the middle mouse button itself, which weirdly has a lot of resistance and will accidentally make me hit one of the side switches on the scroll wheel)

Thanks for the feedback. I wish they would make a wireless version of the G502. That mouse feels perfect to me.

I'll check out my BB tomorrow and see if they have it in stock. I'll leave this purchase to chance! :)

reKon

Banned
I have an MX518 that's barely used. Probably not worth it get any of these right? I'm not a pro gamer. I was kind of interested in a wireless mouse though

funny looking back at this post.

I ended up grabbing the G403 from Amazon as they price matched the $50 price. It's now sold out from there though

Top Bottom