• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Logitech G900 mouse is $75 (50% off) at Best Buy, in store pickup only

Do they not carry this in store? Literally the 10 closest Best Buy's to me say the only availability is this Saturday, the 24th. I ordered it yesterday on Amazon for $100 and it's coming in tomorrow. I think I just have to wait.

If they actually had it in store I'd drive and buy it today, and return my Amazon order, but I guess they dont. Best Buy keeps takin' those L's.

SOLDIER

I tried the Logitech G502 for a couple of weeks, but ended up returning it to Amazon. No matter how much I tinkered, I just couldn't get the mouse to feel "right" when moving it around, plus the somewhat clunky shape hurt my wrist a little.

How do the two mice posted here compare? I think a wireless option might suit me better, since the way mouse cords wrap around my desk do kind of give them a bit of resistance.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Fuck, I want one but I'd have to take a Lyft like 15 mins to nearest BB and if after work it'd be in rush-hour traffic which would turn it into an eternity. I hate these "in-store" only deals.

Found it on Wikibuy for $99 and free shipping though; might snag this (link if anyone else is interested): https://wikibuy.com/run/dc0164cf-cddb-4c09-bc8a-3197ede967e7/place-order/14affd1d-d241-495a-b046-e3b3247582ad?pla=true

Not sure why you would link that when it's in stock with free 2 day shipping...(at the time of this posting)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/logitec...ck/5204603.p?skuId=5204603&productCategoryId=

Aaron D.

Just a head's up, I was able to buy this for $75 with FREE 2-Day shipping (US).

The Checkout page defaults to Store Pickup, but I just clicked the Shipping option right next to it and got Free 2-Day. Checked out just fine after that and already have my Order Confirmation.

Zutrax

It being wireless is THE reason.

I assume that the wireless capabilities are reliable and don't have much latency due to how many people are praising it? I used to have a wireless mouse (Razer Mamba) and that thing cut out on me constantly and added just enough latency to be noticable.

Mozendo

I tried the Logitech G502 for a couple of weeks, but ended up returning it to Amazon. No matter how much I tinkered, I just couldn't get the mouse to feel "right" when moving it around, plus the somewhat clunky shape hurt my wrist a little.

How do the two mice posted here compare? I think a wireless option might suit me better, since the way mouse cords wrap around my desk do kind of give them a bit of resistance.
If you want a palm grip the Mionix Naos 7000 is like heaven for me

Smokey

I assume that the wireless capabilities are reliable and don't have much latency due to how many people are praising it? I used to have a wireless mouse (Razer Mamba) and that thing cut out on me constantly and added just enough latency to be noticable.

Nope. The hype about this mouse is its wireless performance is just as good as wired, and you can plug the USB cord in and make it a wired if you want to anyway.

I have a G502 as well by the way. I hopped on the G900 well before this firesale. It's a great mouse.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Hoping Best Buy has these in store to try out. I'm tempted by the G900, but it just doesn't look comfortable to me. The G403 looks more my speed, but want to try it out.

Was able to order it from Best buy, but now they changed my order to "Backordered" to July 17 shipping. I hope it changes to something earlier at a later time, however if still arrives that late, I won't complain, this mouse for $75 is a steal.

Shoyz

I upgraded to the G900 from my old G9. It's a really elongated mouse by comparison (and was hard to get used to because I was an avid claw gripper, and the G900 mandated I rest my hand on it). But after getting accustomed to it it's amazing, way smoother than the G9, not having cable drag anymore is a huge annoyance off my shoulder, and I just plug in the USB every ~5 days or so so the battery never catches me off guard. I love being able to carry the mouse over to a different display (TV, monitor in another room) or you can just unplug the small USB dongle and use it on another computer really easily. Amazing mouse.

All the discounts on this mouse makes me think a successor is due soon.

It was already announced. The G903 is exactly the same mouse, but with the capability to charge wirelessly with their new powerplay charging mouse mat.

I still am waffling on grabbing one of these. Love my G502, not sure if I need to drop $75 on the G900 just for wireless.

Finalizer

So I ordered one of these from BB during the sale, and aside from needing to return/replace it due to the upper left thumb button & left click having some funky cross-talk going on (they both do both of their functions, so I'll get left click + forward from either button in the default profile), I'm really missing having that middle thumb button for push-to-talk. Anyone know of something like a more modern G500, with a similar side button layout? I've seen the G502, but that upper thumb button is a lot less convenient than the old layout, where I can rock my thumb and hit both the middle and either of the side-most thumb buttons without missing a beat. Kinda eyeballing the G602, but I'm not sure about having a whole second row of thumb buttons, heh.

Kelegacy

XBOX - RECORD ME LOVING DOWN MY WOMAN GOOD
I ordered one of these mice in the last sale and I'm torn about keeping it. After just one night my hand became cramped and sore, so when I woke up today it still ached. It has something to do with how flat the mouse is, whereas I am used to more of an ergonomic grip or hump. This has almost no thumb rest or indent, and requires a constant claw for me...something I guess I am not used to. My old mouse allowed me to rest my hand muscles, but I noticed while playing with the G900 my hand was almost always tense, with the muscles rigid. That constant state made my hand sore even the next day.

I feel like I must be doing something wrong since the reviews all state how comfortable it is. I don't know.

Top Bottom