• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

anddo0

Will this work for the Killzone: Liberation downloadable final chapter?

Killzone: Liberation has always worked.

We'll never get the last chapter on Vita unless Guerrilla revives the website. The last chapter patch was web based, and that site has been down for years now.

The Vita can't read your save data. So yeah, it's up to Guerrilla .

MCD

Did they fix the error when downloading some games from the vita store? I get it when trying to buy Ninja Gaiden 2. Says not available or something.

Veins

Unconfirmed Member
AU store still a barren PSP wasteland :< Also I can't even find a PS One classics section on the web store or PS3 to see if there are any newly transferrable ones.

anddo0

LOL even Undead Knights is available.

Not sure if you guys remember that debacle. The full game was accidentally released as a demo, and those who downloaded it got to keep it.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
So Silent Hill, Suikoden, and Castlevania: SotN are viewable in the Vita store already?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Valkyria Chronicles 2 not up on the store anyway. I wish there was a way to just only list PSP games that you've purchased in your download list though. As it stands, it's completely useless.

As someone who hasn't played the Valkyria Chronicles games, is VC2 a good or bad choice if I'd only play one of them?

Good choice since it's the only portable one that's been localized.

Also, patience people. The PSP games will likely be on the Vita's PSN store once the update actually rolls out. Someone probably flipped the switch on the PSP and PS1 games a day earlier than they were supposed to.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
If anyone figures out how to get the Vita to read the JP DLC for PSP2...Please share. I'm trying to figure out how to get it to copy over, but I can't seem to do it.

There seems to be aome confusoon here. Download lists are different than the actual store.

If you are trying to buy a game, use the web store instead of the vita based store. Buy it online, and then go to your download list and the games will be there and available to download on your Vita.

AmanoBuff

So Silent Hill, Suikoden, and Castlevania: SotN are viewable in the Vita store already?

I don't think they show up on the store (perhaps with tomorrow's update or in the future) but you can buy them on the web store and now they will show up on your Vita's Download List so you can download them right to your portable.

Is there a place on the vita store where I can see all my PSP downloads, or do I have to do it from the Sony Store website?

You can do that from the store on your Vita, heading to your Downloads List. It won't show PSP downloads exclusively though.

ShadiWulf

As someone who hasn't played the Valkyria Chronicles games, is VC2 a good or bad choice if I'd only play one of them?

I dont know. From what Ive played VC2 seems to be a different perspective sorta, your in school who trains people for the army basically. It's still based in the same area, on the same timeline, and some characters from VC1 do appear in VC2.

Gameplay is pretty similar, aside from the fact that on PSP it's broke into sectioned off areas due to PSP. Where as on PS3 you had access to a full map all at once. I know that sounds confusing but it's really not all that bad once you play it.

I'd say that if you got a PS3, play the PS3 version first. Then you know what the game is all about, but if you don't have access to a PS3, I guess playing the PSP version first won't be a horrible experience... IMO. VC2 is still pretty great, but the original is definitely better, at least i think so.

I think I'll download VC2 tonight.

I dont know. From what Ive played VC2 seems to be a different perspective sorta, your in school who trains people for the army basically. It's still based in the same area, on the same timeline, and some characters from VC1 do appear in VC2.

Gameplay is pretty similar, aside from the fact that on PSP it's broke into sectioned off areas due to PSP. Where as on PS3 you had access to a full map all at once. I know that sounds confusing but it's really not all that bad once you play it.

I'd say that if you got a PS3, play the PS3 version first. Then you know what the game is all about, but if you don't have access to a PS3, I guess playing the PSP version first won't be a horrible experience... IMO. VC2 is still pretty great, but the original is definitely better, at least i think so.

I think I'll download VC2 tonight.

Just my opinion, but I'd say getting VC2 will be far better for the franchise's future. More sales for VC2 is more potential to strengthen VC3's #JRPGVita chances. Can't let Tales of Hearts R take all the glory, now can we?

This includes

SEGA_Genesis_Collection.jpg

$9.99, 28 games.

This has been working for a while on EU Vita's.

JoRo

With such a huge library and so many games saved to our accounts now, you would think Sony would let you fucking sort your download list by platform, or SOMETHING. Makes me wonder if anyone over there actually uses their own ecosystem to try and find/download things. I know you can search on the webstore to find a specific title, but it won't show some things such as DLC that you might have got as pre-order bonus (Yakuza 3's pre-order DLC comes to mind). You have no way of finding that content unless you write it down and dig through your download history. My list is nearly 4000 long... -_-

TnK

Wait, I don't quite understand what's going on. This means that all the ps3 PSN PS1 games now work on the vita?

Jea Song

Did the right thing
Downloading demo of phantasy star portable Ops.

Not sure if it's a mistake but I must see what everyone's talking about.

Hopefully I hate the game lol, or else I'm gonna be a sad sad man....

fvng

Strange, Sega pulled them just before the Vita launched, so I wonder what kind of politics was going on there. Did Sony demand a fee for Vita compatibility or something and they finally dropped it?

I definitely played PSP2 online with a few freinds way after the Vita launched

ShadiWulf

Just my opinion, but I'd say getting VC2 will be far better for the franchise's future. More sales for VC2 is more potential to strengthen VC3's #JRPGVita chances. Can't let Tales of Hearts R take all the glory, now can we?

That is a good point you make. Would love to get Valkyria 3.

omg_mjd

This is great! Fair amount of good Vita news lately but for me this is probably the best, even if it's unofficial (SCEA hasn't said anything about this, have they?)

Downloading demo of phantasy star portable Ops.

Not sure if it's a mistake but I must see what everyone's talking about.

Hopefully I hate the game lol, or else I'm gonna be a sad sad man....

Man, I don't think you are going to like it. I didn't think that the Metal Gear world worked well with the Phantasy Star one. Such a weird mashup. ;)

anderedna

It's an alright DLC pack. Has a few good grinding missions as well as endgame-tier challenge missions designed to chew you up and spit you out. Also a few midgame-tier missions to spice things up. Don't think any of them support coop mode, but noone bothers with VC2's coop anyway so not much loss.

Thanks! I didn't play co-op anyway. Should be able to install this on Vita just fine right? Will buy those tomorrow after store update.

Top Bottom