• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

decaf

Burnout Legends and Dominator still don't work on Vita in Europe. Graaaaaaaah!

Me & My Katamari compatibility was added fairly recently though. Pleased with that at least.

Come on guys. Burnout. Please.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
Licensing issues would be the likely culprit to why we didn't have it like this before

So they could need to relock the content to keep publishers happy

But...it's just backwards compatability in digital form. If the games are licensed to play on PSP I don't see why separate licensing is required for Vita. It's just using the PSP part of the system. Ugh.

But...it's just backwards compatability in digital form. If the games are licensed to play on PSP I don't see why separate licensing is required for Vita. It's just using the PSP part of the system. Ugh.

Maybe? *shrug*

It'd be cool if there were no licensing issues as then I don't think there'd be any reason to lock the content again

Burnout Legends and Dominator still don't work on Vita in Europe. Graaaaaaaah!

Me & My Katamari compatibility was added fairly recently though. Pleased with that at least.

Come on guys. Burnout. Please.

Are you sure? Someone was saying last night they worked. Did you buy them on the web store and try to download them through the Vita?

Kssio_Aug

If this is a problem that need some "fixing", then that may generate a big headache for them, since now many people certainly have already downloaded tons of stuff just to play on Vita.

I really hope that this was intentional, and not a mistake. But I think it may keep up like that! =)

Flandy

Conspiracy time. What if the reason all the PSone games work with the Vita is because Sony updated the licenses to include Vita/PSNow/PS4

bigkrev

Conspiracy time. What if the reason all the PSone games work with the Vita is because Sony updated the licenses to include Vita/PSNow/PS4

This makes the most sense, although it doesn't explain why stuff that's been pulled from the store (IE, stuff that will never be available on PS Now) would be affected by this

Takao

Banned
A little birdy informed me that Powered Up works flawlessly on Vitas running the TN-V exploit, so you can cross that off the list of "programming issues"

I'm aware of that, but the digital version won't pass SCEA's cert. Capcom has confirmed this multiple times.

mollipen

I think you need to be fairly enthusiastic for that sort of thing to bother you too much. For someone that just wants to munch pellets in a technicoloured maze for ten minutes, it's fine.

I own it on XBLA, but I'm not about to hook up my 360 for a quick blast every now & then.

I understand the "it can be played casually" argument, but it's a broken port. The man who created the game is the man who created Pac-Man, and this was the first true sequel to that game. It was created to have very specific timing and balance, and if you play the Minis version, you're not getting that.

I'd consider it, like, the SNES version of Street Fighter Alpha, or something similar. Especially worse here, because a lot of people might not understand they're not getting a proper version of the game.

my theory is that during the E3 sony conference they would announce everything playable on vita but ti just slipped out

*puts tin foil hat on*

better download crash team racing and spyro 1-3 before its too late

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
So let me get this straight, I just now learned that Phantasy Star Portable 2 is a thing, only to have to find out that it's been delisted from the PSN store as well?

So there's no way I can play this huh? Man... my PSO itch will never be scratched. Damn you Sega.

They've removing games since this happened? That's a bad sign.

urfe

This includes

SEGA_Genesis_Collection.jpg

$9.99, 28 games.

You can play Ps2 classics on Vita?

BigDug13

I know there's a thread for compatible PS1 games, but is there a similar list of PSP digital games that did not function before but do now?

AmanoBuff

Has anyone tried downloading Alone in the Dark? It wasn't possible to get it on Vita before.

I know it should work but I'd really appreciate confirmation.

Also, how is the Gradius Collection?

I wonder why they won't just change the song?

The song is integrated into a few major cutscenes of the game and is featured in full at the ending. I can't see them changing it without severely crippling the experience.

urfe

Not this again..
The game was on PS2 and PSP.
2 seconds of googling.
Fault of OP to put a ps2 cover instead of psp as well

New info isn't always easy to find on Google. I thought there was a chance they just became playable.

Anyways, thanks to you and the person below you.

Branson

Usually I just expect the worst news on this. They'll probably remove half of the games and completely lock out the ones you even downloaded. Because why not.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Usually I just expect the worst news on this. They'll probably remove half of the games and completely lock out the ones you even downloaded. Because why not.

Aside from being anti-consumer for the sake of being anti-consumer, is there any real reason why they would bother trying to stop people from downloading these on their Vitas?

Freeman

Banned
Why haven't they still addressed it? If it is a mistake they should tell people for obvious reasons, if it not they should promoting this since its very good news.

Garraboa

Has anyone tried downloading Alone in the Dark? It wasn't possible to get it on Vita before.

I know it should work but I'd really appreciate confirmation.

If it's like the other "PS3 only" Classics (AITD, Delta Force, Motor Toon Grand Prix, Pocket Fighter, Vehicle Cavalier), I don't think it works. I know Motor Toon doesn't work, but dunno about the others.

my theory is that during the E3 sony conference they would announce everything playable on vita but ti just slipped out

*puts tin foil hat on*

better download crash team racing and spyro 1-3 before its too late

I actually put this in my list of announcements Sony could make for the Vita to give it the best E3 possible, in this post 5 days ago!

Anyway, so happy with this. Downloaded Burnout Legends straight away and it runs beautifully. In all honesty it actually feels better than I remember it on PSP...

Kolma

I actually put this in my list of announcements Sony could make for the Vita to give it the best E3 possible, in this post 5 days ago!

Anyway, so happy with this. Downloaded Burnout Legends straight away and it runs beautifully. In all honesty it actually feels better than I remember it on PSP...

How do the graphics hold up on the Vita?
I've heard Domination looks tons better and I much preferred Revenge over 3
But everywhere I look people say Legends is better and those that say Domination is better only back it up with Maniac mode (don't care for) and graphics

How do the graphics hold up on the Vita?
I've heard Domination looks tons better and I much preferred Revenge over 3
But everywhere I look people say Legends is better and those that say Domination is better only back it up with Maniac mode (don't care for) and graphics

Honestly I can't do a graphics comparison because I owned Dominator on UMD back in the day, and my PSP went missing in a house move years ago. But I can relay my feelings on the two games from vague memories of 2009! On the Vita, Legends looks as good as any 3D PSP game i've seen. Better than Vice City Stories, anyway. Want me to grab you a screenshot, despite how ridiculously unrepresentative they can be? EDIT: Never mind, screenshots not an option...I think it holds up as well as could be expected, and better than my (admittedly low) expectations!

Between the two games though, I think Dominator did look better. But if I remember, it didn't have Crash Mode, and it was overall a much smaller game. Legends is much closer to Burnout 3 than Revenge, but i'd say that holds for both games so if you really didn't enjoy 3 they might not be the games for you. I just like the course selection in Legends - it's the closest i'll likely ever get to replaying any of Burnout 1 or 2.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
My tested PSP demos all works great:

Ape Quest
Warhammer 40.000 Squad command
Dissidia Final Fantasy
MGS Peace Walker
Little Big Planet
Undead Knights
God of War: Ghost of Sparta
DBZ: Tenkaichi Tag Team
Lord of Arcana
Gladiator Begins
Modnation Racers

:D

Yes been checking this thread for psp demos

Namikaze

The song is integrated into a few major cutscenes of the game and is featured in full at the ending. I can't see them changing it without severely crippling the experience.

Ah, okay thanks, I guess that makes sense...it's been so many years since I beat the game. I thought it was only at the ending.

kick51

Banned
Where did you pull that number from?

People would notice. A lot of people played it.

obviously pulled it from my butt, i'm just saying that I don't think that S-E is thinking that deeply about it. you're talking a couple uses of a song in a 40 hour long game (or however long it is, sorry that number is from the booty too)

fvng

obviously pulled it from my butt, i'm just saying that I don't think that S-E is thinking that deeply about it. you're talking a couple uses of a song in a 40 hour long game (or however long it is, sorry that number is from the booty too)

Obviously legal licensing issues are the only thing preventing it, and if they didn't give a shit they would have replaced the song with something else by now. (I think they should just replace the song too, fuck that song)

I keep saying this, over and over, but people are still going gaga for being able to play the Minis version. Whoever made that version completely broke the timing. Ghost timing throughout is broken. Just yesterday, trying the Minis version out on my Vita, I was reminded (and appalled) by how much the timing issues screw up sections like the Keys.

The game is gorgeous—I love the more retro-acade-pixels look to everything—but lord almighty is it a complete waste due to the broken timing. Well, that, and the worthless leaderboards, since they're local-only.
This is really a massive bummer. I bought it on impulse last night and I'm OK with playing it casually on handheld since I have the other two versions on console if I want to play it. But the timing really is the thing on that game - it's actually a lot like a racing game in that respect.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
How good is the PSP version of Sega Genesis Collection? Is emulation good enough for all games, or does it have any kind recurrent problem?

RK128

How good is the PSP version of Sega Genesis Collection? Is emulation good enough for all games, or does it have any kind recurrent problem?

The emulation of the games is comparable to the PS3 version; can change how much of the screen the games take up, the games run at their original frame rates (most of them 60FPS), the controls are rock solid (dat D-Pad man :)) and there are exclusive arcade games to the PSP version that weren't in the PS2 version of the collection (though those said games slip my mind :().

It is an overall great collection of some of the best Genesis games and while you can get the game without using a PS3, take advantage of it man :)!

suikodan

I read a lot of pages of this thread and the game that I waited for was Portable Ops.

I have it on my PS3
Content manager won't see it.
PS Store on Vita doesn't see it.

What gives?

Top Bottom