• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Abdiel

Unfortunately I only have my Vita and laptop with me at the moment. :( I seriously doubt it but does the web store allow me to download games onto my pc?

Media Go, the software does. Lol. I used to do it all the time for my PSP. I use it as my Sony version of Itunes, since it helps organize PSP game/save downloads.

Abdiel

Alright, i'll test it out with Media Go.

The only thing you'll want to do, is make sure that you know where Media Go saves the files, and where Content Transfer Manager saves files, cause you'll have to copy and paste the data from one, to the other. But I used content manager to move all of my PSP game saves to my Vita, even for games I haven't put on there yet, like Dissidia, Peacewalker, Crimson Gem Saga, etc. I'm holding out for Birth By Sleep to get figured out... Sigh.

Moofers

The media go --> content manager idea doesn't work. Sorry guys. I just tried with brave story. I think media go saves in a different format from vita or something. Not sure.

Abdiel

The media go --> content manager idea doesn't work. Sorry guys. I just tried with brave story. I think media go saves in a different format from vita or something. Not sure.

Is that with the game pre-installed, or just directly downloaded from Media-Go? I haven't tried myself, honestly, so I'm just verifying.

molnizzle

Jesus, I didn't know this was licensing issue. I thought for sure it was something to do with the emulator.

This is bullshit. Sony should be burned at the goddamned stake for this. I can't believe that they're actually locking people out of accessing their games for no fucking reason at all.

WOW.

Armaly

It doesn't work. Media Go converts games into a pkg file format and content manager doesn't recognize that file format. I even tried throwing it in with worms just to see what would happen and it ignores the pkg file and downloads everything else.

koopas

It doesn't work. Media Go converts games into a pkg file format and content manager doesn't recognize that file format. I even tried throwing it in with worms just to see what would happen and it ignores the pkg file and downloads everything else.
The dream has died ...

Jesus, I didn't know this was licensing issue. I thought for sure it was something to do with the emulator.

This is bullshit. Sony should be burned at the goddamned stake for this. I can't believe that they're actually locking people out of accessing their games for no fucking reason at all.

WOW.

I laughed

Garraboa

So now I've taken almost every measure I know to back up my "forbidden" games (PC content manager, full mem card backup on PS3, de-activating wi-fi on Vita), excluding copying them to PS3 individually and see if they can be transferred back. Can anyone confirm if it works by this method?

Kolma

I just want to thank OP for finding this and sharing it. Though it was short lived, those of us in here were able to get some games we haven't played in a while and some games we never played.
Absolutely loving Burnout Legends and I have you to thank for it (along with the people mentioning it)

Hopefully some day this will be open again to everyone but until then I will remember fondly the few days that Sony's goof made the Vita just a bit more worth owning.

Licensing there own games is an issue? and I'm not even talking about Crash and Spyro.

scea don't care.

They may have published the games originally, but Sony has no rights to publish a Crash or Spyro game completely on their own because they don't own those characters. They probably need to hash out a new contract or amendment with Activision to cover Vita playback.

Eusis

They may have published the games originally, but Sony has no rights to publish a Crash or Spyro game completely on their own because they don't own those characters. They probably need to hash out a new contract or amendment with Activision to cover Vita playback.
He knows that, he's thinking about stuff like Legend of Dragoon and maybe Jeanne d'Arc (they were publisher, but Level 5 developed so they could hold the IP still.)

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
guys is there a way to still play the Genesis collection? I was meaning to buy it, but it got too late :(

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Making a backup and then restoring on your 64GB should work.

Thank god I downloaded MGS: VR Missions before Sony reversed compability.

Really stupid, now I'm wondering if it even will come back.

I'm never deleting it. Finally have MGS1 and VR missions together (although in Europe they're called 'special missions' for some reason). MGS is a good example of the regional stupidity.

US - can't download MGS but can download VR missions
EU - can't download VR missions but can download MGS.

Crazy.

Phii

Banned
Im so glad I didnt use my US PSN cards to purchase every Crash games and MGS1 (EU has these games available for Vita, but they aren't @60Hz). I would get screwed since I don't have a PS3, nor do Ive a second memory card atp.

I mean. What the...

I bought Twisted Metal Head On now that it was Vita compatible. It runs and works well.

I was going to buy more games now that they all work... guess Sony doesn't want my money.

This is such a stupid thing. Us fans were so happy, now they are taking it back.

jaxpunk

WOW.

Just wanted to quote this for fun.

Eusis

The real tragedy is that Mega Man: Powered Up isn't available on US PSN anyway.
There's a huge number of PSP games that should be available but aren't either due to apathy or licensing fucking it all up (I do imagine it's apathy for FFI&II because that seems to be how SE rolls these days.) Maybe it'd be better if not only were larger memory cards available sooner at affordable prices but Sony was going full force with DD from the start. Instead they dipped their toes in then jumped in fully with go, and while that made the online store much more robust literally overnight there were still a lot of omissions.

RK128

Considering how negative this topic is (Sony being pricks :l...) why don't we list the games we put on our Vita's due to this glitch? Could be a nice way to bring back the positivity this topic had when it started :).

For me the games I put on my Vita include:
Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

bigkrev

The real tragedy is that Mega Man: Powered Up isn't available on US PSN anyway.

Considering that pretty much every other Capcom PSP game is on PSN, I think that there is some sort of problem (cert?) on this game. They advertised it as coming when Mavrick Hunter went up, but said there was something that was preventing them from getting it on the service.

I'm guessing it's got some compatability issue with a random model type or random memory card type that made it fail certification at the last second.

Confirmation of that problem from Sven http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...sking-for-mega-man-powered-up-on-the-psn?pg=2

Considering how negative this topic is (Sony being pricks :l...) why don't we list the games we put on our Vita's due to this glitch? Could be a nice way to bring back the positivity this topic had when it started :).

Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

Crash Bandicoot 2
Motorstorm Arctic Edge
Gran Turismo PSP
Star Wars The Force Unleashed

Takao

Banned
He knows that, he's thinking about stuff like Legend of Dragoon and maybe Jeanne d'Arc (they were publisher, but Level 5 developed so they could hold the IP still.)

I'm pretty sure Sony owns everything Level-5 has worked on that they've published.

KalBalboa

Banned

Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

Crash Bandicoot
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
Spyro The Dragon

Garraboa

Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

These are my spoils:

.Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
.Crash Bandicoot
.Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
.Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
.CTR: Crash Team Racing
.Future Cop: L.A.P.D
.Spyro The Dragon
.Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
.Spyro: Year Of The Dragon

KalBalboa

Banned
These are my spoils:

.Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
.Crash Bandicoot
.Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
.Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped
.CTR: Crash Team Racing
.Future Cop: L.A.P.D
.Spyro The Dragon
.Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
.Spyro: Year Of The Dragon

Why did I stall. WHY. I should've jumped on this.

Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

Gran Turismo PSP.
Motorstorm is gone forever, right? Not even via PC.

Drago

I managed to get all 3 Spyros and all 4 Crashes on my Vita Tuesday night. I would have bought more games if I had known they would be taken down again, but I'm just happy to have the Crash and Spyro games. Those were the ones I wanted on Vita most.

And I got them all for a dollar each B^)

Ruze789

Crash 1-Crash 3
CTR
Spyro 1-3
Pac-Man CE Mini
Twisted Metal Head On
MotorStorm Arctic Edge
Rock Band Unplugged

I only grabbed:

MGS1
Sega Genesis Collection

Thought about a few others, like Gran Turismo PSP and SW Battlefront 2, but debated and waited too long.
I've wanted MGS1 since I got my Vita though (no PS3), so I'm happy enough with that.

The backups of the games on the pc are account locked, right? If I bought, say, MGS1 and got someone elses MGS file from the Content Manager it would not work, right?
* I mean putting his file on my folder of content manager.

KalBalboa

Banned
This is true. But so are the other Crash and Spyro games...

I only copied Crash 1-3 and Spyro 1, but I don't think I'll get around to beating any of them on my Vita before playing Persona 4, finally, or finishing FFVIII.

HOPEFULLY we'll have them on the NA store by then.

Gamerloid

I really hope the fact they just don't want to put the games on Vita is a hint at a HD Crash Collection coming to it. The only crash adventure game I've played was Crash 2, and I don't' remember much about it. I just know that I really enjoyed it.

Just what does activision want?!

KalBalboa

Banned
I really hope the fact they just don't want to put the games on Vita is a hint at a HD Crash Collection coming to it. The only crash adventure game I've played was Crash 2, and I don't' remember much about it. I just know that I really enjoyed it.

Just what does activision want?!

Remastered PSone games with trophies is something I've been secretly hoping for, but I'm not expecting miracles either. Some better upressing and smoothing akin to the better emulators out there would be awesome.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
I'm livid that I now have about 8 gigs of PS1 games on my 16 gig card that I now can't remove or they'll be gone forever.

This is ridiculous.

They shafted me with memory card prices that are ten to twenty times what they should be. Then they shaft me by taking games away that I could play just fine. Now they're trying to shaft me again by paying for another ridiculously expensive memory card if I want to keep the games they tried to shaft me with before.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Who could have conceived that I actually had to ACT FAST on this because it was actually just a big giant cock-up?!?

fuck

Top Bottom