• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like all digital PSP / PSone games work on Vita now [Not Anymore]

Looks I was late to the celebration.

This is awesome! I got a ton of PS1 RPGs, especially Final Fantasy titles I got on sale during the anniversary that's just been sitting on my account. Plus PSP games too?

Sweet baby Jebus!

I need a Vita stat!

CLEEK

Lol it doesn't even matter for us Australians. We're better off with PSP UMDs as PSN is a massive rip off and thanks to Sony not letting me use my US account, I don't see any benefit from this.
Good for US region I guess.

Wha?

I'm in Australia and my US PSN account has been my primary account for my PSP, Vita and now PS4. My Aussie account is my main one for my PS3.

No Sony hardware restricts the region of PSN account.

Namco, please release Digimon World 1-3 now!

Are you there, Namco?

Plz respond.

image.php

Jea Song

Did the right thing
The Vita is quite a sweet little portable. Really Sucks it didn't take off. Who cares, I'v been enjoying final fantasy x/x-2 hd remaster on it. Now I have access to a bunch of ps1 and psp games I couldn't play before.

CraZed

Careful though, Suikoden is listed as PSP/PS3 while wild arms is PSP/PS3/PS Vita, not 100% sure it can be played on Vita

It's listed as PS3/PSP/Vita on my DL list. Don't have a Vita as of yet so I can't confirm it actually downloads but it is listed as Vita on my downloads list.

Untitled_zps93b440b9.png

Curiously, it isn't listed that way in the actual store.

Abdiel

So. Wishlist for this new, wondrous event.

Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth, or the PS1 release, I don't care. Give us one of them, FFS)
Kingdom hearts BBS
Crisis Core
(GIVE ME A TRANSLATED TYPE 0, PLEASE, I don't even need english VAs...)
Star Ocean 1/2 (More 2, really, I'd like to finish my save file I transferred from my PSP)

I'd love to see a re-listed PSP, and Brave Story. Brave Story was the first thing I ever made an amazon review for! Haha. I was so genuinely pleased with it... but I never bought it on the PSN, so, nothing for me...

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Phantasy Star Portable was the first thing I ever downloaded on my PSN account. Glorious! Seems that online still works, too. <3

co1onel

So. Wishlist for this new, wondrous event.

Valkyrie Profile (Lenneth, or the PS1 release, I don't care. Give us one of them, FFS)
Kingdom hearts BBS
Crisis Core
(GIVE ME A TRANSLATED TYPE 0, PLEASE, I don't even need english VAs...)
Star Ocean 1/2 (More 2, really, I'd like to finish my save file I transferred from my PSP)

I'd love to see a re-listed PSP, and Brave Story. Brave Story was the first thing I ever made an amazon review for! Haha. I was so genuinely pleased with it... but I never bought it on the PSN, so, nothing for me...

BBS and Crisis Core are never coming because of licensing stuff.

leroidys

It's listed as PS3/PSP/Vita on my DL list. Don't have a Vita as of yet so I can't confirm it actually downloads but it is listed as Vita on my downloads list.

Untitled_zps93b440b9.png

I can confirm that Suikoden works for NA

fvng

I believe a few people have confirmed that the R-Type games now work.

Thanks but I meant more along the lines of, can they still be re-downloaded despite the fact that they were de-listed. Sometimes games have disappearing acts on the download list

CLEEK

Going through my download list to see what else I've been missing. I think it was incompatible before, but Tetris (Minis) now works.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Thanks but I meant more along the lines of, can they still be re-downloaded despite the fact that they were de-listed. Sometimes games have disappearing acts on the download list

I was able to pull both R-Type and Delta up on my download list and install directly to my Vita tonight. They have always been listed as unavailable to download to Vita until this today.

CLEEK

What about Delisted US releases? I would love to play R-Type Delta on the Vita

These only work for me as I'd bought them before they were de-listed. They were removed from the PSN store when Irem when tits-up a few years ago. So if you don't already own them on PSN, you're out of luck.

Untitled_zps93b440b9.png

A few games are like that. I can confirm suikoden works. I am playing it right now. :)

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Can someone tell me how you find PS1 games on the European store? I've looked everywhere but can't find a single one. I'm using the store from my PC.

Dugna

I did notice while playing Crash 2 you can't rebind buttons in the game on the Vita, I held the touchscreen for like a min and nothing popped up.

CLEEK

I did notice while playing Crash 2 you can't rebind buttons in the game on the Vita, I held the touchscreen for like a min and nothing popped up.

They changed that a few firmware updates ago.

You now have to hold down the PS button to get the various game and screen options to appear.

Takao

Banned

Sony changed the button remaps on the PSP/PSone emulator last year. Hold down the PS button, and hit Settings.

fvng

I was able to pull both R-Type and Delta up on my download list and install directly to my Vita tonight. They have always been listed as unavailable to download to Vita until this today.

These only work for me as I'd bought them before they were de-listed. They were removed from the PSN store when Irem when tits-up a few years ago. So if you don't already own them on PSN, you're out of luck.

Thanks, Yeah I bought both r-types years ago, I just wanna make sure those games will still appear on my download list since I have not checked since I first bought them.

hawk2025

Hmmmm.

The on-rails tiger segment with Coco in Crash 3 seems off. I haven't played in a decade, but the speed seems quite off.

Can anyone give it a try and see if they agree? The level can accessed immediately after starting the game.

fvng

God dammit why'd i buy the fucking UMD version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 fuck shit ass balls!!!!!!!!!!

I bought all my psp games on psn, I even sold a lot of my physical copies to help me pay for the digital versions... I think it's odd to carry around game cards/carts for a portable system, owning them digitally loaded makes more sense. This is kinda why I think the PSP Go was ahead of the curve despite the fact that they made some serious mistakes with launching that device. #UnpopularOpinion #PricingParity

God dammit why'd i buy the fucking UMD version of Phantasy Star Portable 2 fuck shit ass balls!!!!!!!!!!

The only PSP game I bought day one digital. No fucking regrets. Fuck my internet is shitty so none of the games have finished downloading yet except that vikings game.

Top Bottom