• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Loot Boxaggedon continues: Leak reveals Zombie crates in COD WWII

In BO3 there were 2 currencies. Crypto keys and Liquid Divinium. Keys for MP and Liquid for Zombies.

In IW it was keys for both sides with shared currency. Better system since it allowed you to progress by playing either MP or Zombies.

It helps that getting keys in IW Zombies is only a matter of natural gameplay that slowly snowballs into at least 15 or 20 per hour.

Black Ops 3's Liquid Divinium could only be obtained by buying stuff (doors, weapons, mystery box, pack a punch etc) and had very very low odds of getting until a certain amount of rounds passed where the chances increased just a bit

(There are challenges / bounties for both games to help getting more of their respective currencies to those who don't know)

The great Loot Box war is upon us. Console wars and the era of PS3 vs 360 is dead. Now arms will be taken by the two sides to argue on a videogame messageboard around being pro-loot box and anti-loot box. Look forward to lots of "I'm never buying anything from this company again" and "It doesn't affect me so all of you should be quiet and stop talking about loot boxes". The great social experiment has now begun. Which side are you going to be on? Make history.

If there is such a thing as astroturfing still alive and well in the PR realm for videogames, now is the time for these corporations to send their employees out into the wild to blend in as being passionate people in the pro-loot box camp. No one will be the wiser (until mods check registered emails and see members are pretending to be average-gamers not tied to companies as employees ~ yes, this has happened on GAF). I'm not calling out anyone for that, I'm just saying this is the perfect time for Activision to get some GAF accounts going around telling everyone Bobby has to put food on his table and loot boxes are actually a fantastic evolution for this industry to give gamers options, save them time, and introduce them to the wonders of unregulated gambling. It's lots of family-friendly fun. Get your young kids around the TV as you swipe your credit card. Teach them how to do it too and don't turn on parental controls for the best efficiency.

image.php

sad-crying-cat.gif

Budi

Oh but you see. Activision HAS to put loot boxes in the game in order to make a decent profit! I mean, they only made 966 million dollars in the last fiscal year.

THINK OF THE POOR PUBLISHERS!
Bobby needs to eat!
Human babies don't come cheap. /s

CoD has had this for awhile. The only ones that bothered me were the ones in MW:R when they started to add actual guns to it to use in multiplayer. Get out of here with that kind of shit.

Top Bottom