• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lord of the Rings Online becomes the first DirectX 10 MMMORPG

No Means Nomad said:
But your entire point was the WoW had a bad art style and LOTRO had a good one. When I look at the pictures posted in this thread I see a great looking game with horrendous art.
In terms of design look at LOTROs dwarves. They're disproportionate in ways that boggle the mind, and mostly just flat out scary looking.
<snip>
MediaS1568.jpg
Both games' dwarves are pretty bad ass imo. (My beta3 WoW dwarf and retail LOTRO dwarf)

2_Kyan.jpg

Autumnleaves.jpg

Amir0x

Banned
I have had to put LOTRO aside for a while due to heavy workload, but I still think the artwork they have is extremely impressive - in areas, it's far more evocative of the books than the movies are. Definitely better than the WoW art, in any event, as far as my opinion goes.

I reaaally wish I had the time to play this again, I want to see Gollum suck my ring :(

ScreenShot00066-1.jpg

ScreenShot00065-1.jpg

ScreenShot00045.jpg

ScreenShot00063.jpg

ScreenShot00006.jpg

Koshiba

I was thinking about giving either EQ2 or LotR a try but figured I'd be better off waiting to upgrade my Pc.most people I know are waiting on Aion but it makes me think of L2 which I didn't like.

arne

holy crap are you guys screenshot snob aholes. boggles my mind how a post about how lotro goes dx10 turns into screenshot warz. both games have different art styles and are both excellent in their own right for what they're trying to achieve. end of story.

now post some more dx9 to dx10 screenies pls.

and echoing borys, the upgrade in water in the dx10 screens looks absolutely stunning.

Amir0x

Banned
Heh, to be honest I was posting screens just to bask in the beauty of LOTRO... I don't care about WoW, though I do think LOTRO has better art

Proc

This was gaming steve's game of the year pick. The price is down to $9.99/mo if you pay for 3 months now before the end of January; not a bad deal. I may check it out again.

vertopci

The art style in WoW is complete shit compared to LotRO. There is no contest at all. Anyone who says otherwise is blind.

Belgorim

vertopci said:
The art style in WoW is complete shit compared to LotRO. There is no contest at all. Anyone who says otherwise is blind.
Well, blizzard do tend to entrance people :)

With all right I might add!

Top Bottom