• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LOST 06.11: "Happily Ever After" (Saying "Brotha" Gonna Work It Out Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solo said:
Stop stealth editing TGD :lol
On second thoughts, the first post could have been used against me. Can't have that!

Any non-Desmond consciousness traveling is unacceptable until BOSS can stand an electromagnetic death ray in his face. Locke can't even take a fall out a little building without Jacob saving his ass /bait

Solo

TheGreatDave said:
On second thoughts, the first post could have been used against me. Can't have that!

Any non-Desmond consciousness traveling is unacceptable until BOSS can stand an electromagnetic death ray in his face. Locke can't even take a fall out a little building with Jacob saving his ass /bait

/bait sidestepped

Desmond is going to be the one who does the conciousness transferring, my man. Everyone in LA X is going to get shifted. It wont effect Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc., because they already are who they are. But Smokey is fucked 10 ways from Sunday being stuck in Locke's form, since the BOSS is a comin' home. This was Jacob's loophole.

BELIEVE

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
sigh, you people, hellbent on ruining Locke's story.

They'll find some goofy-ass loophole to bring him back, just to appease you whiners. Have you no integrity?

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Solo said:
/bait sidestepped

Desmond is going to be the one who does the conciousness transferring, my man. Everyone in LA X is going to get shifted. It wont effect Jack, Kate, Sawyer, etc., because they already are who they are. But Smokey is fucked 10 ways from Sunday being stuck in Locke's form, since the BOSS is a comin' home. This was Jacob's loophole.

BELIEVE
"They're coming."

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
:lol Just checking

Catalix

TheGreatDave said:
I'll accept Locke X in Locke's body, potentially. It doesn't affect real Locke's story.
If we're talking buried Locke's body, sure ok, I'm down. Cruel twist of fate.

But Flocke's body? I dunno, what would be the point?

Solo

Catalix said:

Thats how Facob gets defeated, man. You didnt actually think LOST was going to have some kind of epic "battle", did you? :lol Locke's conciousness gets knocked into his doppelganger, knocking Smokey out/dead.

Catalix said:
If we're talking buried Locke's body, sure ok, I'm down. Cruel twist of fate.

I'm not saying I want it, I'm just trying to compromise with an insane man.

Solo's tag will never be more fitting than if he gets his way with Locke.

SpeedingUptoStop

iLocke is gonna fuck the spirit out MiB Locke and reclaim his image. BELIEVE!

Caesar oughta make an appearance anytime now, too.

Solo

TheGreatDave said:
I'm not saying I want it, I'm just trying to compromise with an insane man.

"Do you know who you sound like? Because he was crazy too"
"Maybe I was wrong"

I will be vindicated, just you wait and see

Solo

thekad said:
Locke-X will be transferred into Flocke just as Jack blows him the fuck up.

"I don't understand..."

Will Jack actually blow him up, or will Juliet have to do it for him again?

Solo

TheGreatDave said:
Solo, talking to you just makes me more sympathetic for Jack when he had to deal with Locke ;)

So you're admitting, albeit with a backhanded compliment, that I am right and you are wrong. Im glad to see you've come around, Dave.

Catalix

Solo said:
Thats how Facob gets defeated, man. You didnt actually think LOST was going to have some kind of epic "battle", did you? :lol Locke's conciousness gets knocked into his doppelganger, knocking Smokey out/dead.
MiB will get "eliminated," but what then? It'd probably suck for Locke X, no?

Sure he can walk now, I guess. But then Locke X is stuck on a weird god-forsaken Island, in a dimension he doesn't give a shit about. Without Helen. That's messed up.

SpeedingUptoStop

Yea, Locke X, or just about anyone other than Kate X crossing over, would be pretty miserable, I think. Kinda like most of their island counterparts.:lol :lol

Aesius

Yaweee said:
Tricia Tanaka is Dead is a great episode. I remember people bitching about "filler" when it aired, but it works well in rewatches. It's probably LOST's funniest episode.

TTiD reaffirmed my faith in Lost. I quit watching after "I Do", and randomly downloaded TTiD on iTunes a few days after it aired. The "Shambala" scene is top 5 out of the entire series for me just for the sheer joy of it.

Solo

Catalix said:
MiB will get "eliminated," but what then? It'd probably suck for Locke X, no?

Sure he can walk now, I guess. But then Locke X is stuck on a weird god-forsaken Island, in a dimension he doesn't give a shit about. Without Helen. That's messed up.

Nah, man. It will be Locke, no X. Just as Facob has Locke's memories, so shall Locke have Facob's, which include, er, Locke's :lol Just now with Locke X's and MIB's kicking around in his dome too

Catalix

Solo said:
Nah, man. It will be Locke, no X. Just as Facob has Locke's memories, so shall Locke have Facob's, which include, er, Locke's :lol Just now with Locke X's and MIB's kicking around in his dome too
Ah, dude you're going all Liquid Ocelot on me.

DO NOT WANT

Catalix

You get what I mean though. Such a goofy convoluted mess just to artificially "revive" a dead character. A character that already had an excellent sendoff in the first place.

Wish LOST would try to steer clear of that. Especially with Locke.

Catalix said:
You get what I mean though. Such a goofy convoluted mess just to artificially "revive" a dead character. A character that already had an excellent sendoff in the first place.

Wish LOST would try to steer clear of that. Especially with Locke.
But his ending was tragic, it's not faaaaiiirrrrr

Catalix

SpeedingUptoStop

I hope some of the X characters don't actually want to become their original selves, unanimously. iJack in particular is horribly miserable - he still hasn't found his dad, and he's killed a ton of people. Why would you give up nurturing a normal relationship with your son for this?

I mean, unless it's all an artificial Matrix-like prison, I don't see every X character wanting to flip the switch.

Dead

well not really...yet
SpeedingUptoStop said:
I hope some of the X characters don't actually want to become their original selves, unanimously. iJack in particular is horribly miserable - he still hasn't found his dad, and he's killed a ton of people. Why would you give up nurturing a normal relationship with your son for this?

I mean, unless it's all an artificial Matrix-like prison, I don't see every X character wanting to flip the switch.
So far, Jack, Ben and potentially Locke and Sawyer all live much superior lives in the X world.

Blader

Dead said:
So far, Jack, Ben and potentially Locke and Sawyer all live much superior lives in the X world.

I'd say Sawyer is better off on the island. He's lonely and miserable in both timelines, but in the main timeline he at least got revenge for his parents.

SpeedingUptoStop

Blader5489 said:
I'd say Sawyer is better off on the island. He's lonely and miserable in both timelines, but in the main timeline he at least got revenge for his parents.
This is very true.

Sayid may not have been with Nadia...but atleast his corpse isn't being raped for someone else's gain.
Kind of an odd trade-off. Not really too great either way, there.

Sun & Jin are kind of the same, except it looks like neither will be in contact with her father ever again...but her baby is probably dead...I'd go with the island timeline, I think.

Dead

well not really...yet
Blader5489 said:
To be honest, Sawyer almost seemed MORE miserable after killing Anthony Cooper. I think it wasn't until he got with Julliette that he settled down...until she died.

Radogol

threenote said:
Guys, apparently the FINAL ACT of the finale is being spoiled around the internet. Be very cautious.

bailout.gif

Arment said:
Surprised a legitimate final act even got leaked. Usually they film multiple endings. If I get spoiled here I'll probably cry.

They filmed three endings for Season 4 finale and DarkUfo got the right one :(

Nameless said:
Also be weary of the lostpedia forums. There's a giant ass thread about members requesting the forum be closed to the public until the end of the season. Some are even saying major spoilers have been posted as theories. Rarely go there anyway, I won't miss it.

I enjoyed Lostpedia theories, mostly because there was always one person over there who tried tying everything into Ben/Annie romance. Good times.

:(

Nameless said:
I pretty much nixed most podcast. That stupid chick on the Geekbox spoiled that something specific had been spoiled about a character and now I see it coming. No podcast with callers. People are assholes.

I recently went to Lost Media Mentions at DarkUfo and even though that part of the site is supposed to be spoiler-free, there was a poll: "Would you prefer this character specific fate to unravel like this instead of that?" As if said fate - and how it unravels - was already known.

:(

Outdoor Miner said:
And if any of you spoil anything I will find out where you live break into your house and literally SHIT DOWN YOUR FUCKING THROAT while your mom/wife/daughter watches in agony.

24brk2w.gif

Hear that, spoiler ninjas? Don't mess with Martin!

dave is ok said:
I think Locke being dead has greatly affected how much of a shit I give about this show.

They didn't even give him an awesome death like Charlie. Just a pointless off-island death for the best character in the show (and arguably the protaganist of the entire series).

It's weird to me that you have Breaking Bad in your avatar, yet you don't think that Locke's death was dramatically perfect for the character.

Solo said:
The knife is driven even deeper in when you realize that most of the "Locke's death was perfect derp" people are filthy Jackolytes.

You're wrong. BOSS 4 LIFE, bro, but Dead is Dead.

Wat?

The Big Rig said:
Im sure this won't happen, but it would really suck if Hurley died today.

This post reeks of a disguised spoiler :(

Nameless said:
Fuck it. Darlton should just go the "Highlander 2" route and have Locke back in the mix like he was never killed.

Boone X will summon Locke, for they are joined in a way that can never be broken, not even by death. When Boone needs Locke, he only has to call his name. Locke will always find Boone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom