• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

*Splinter

Oh how could I forget Raru. Town read here, karu is prodding nicely and even opened a new line of inquiry above. Rest seems like... Rest, should contribute more though

Batboy, slight town read at the moment. Bat's plan is more likely to be sloppy than sneaky. Magnum's absence is unfortunate though.

Kyanroid is a complete null. I liked retroid in HP but completely forget he is in this game. Kyan is new so I have no preconceptions here. I need both of these to step it up.
VOTE: Kyanrute

I've forgotten the last pair again, damn it all

cabot

1) Sure, you posted a lot in the late phases of MGS, but Splinter did a whole different kind of spiel with early claiming, creating confusion and ultimately self-voting. You brought in the meta part of this discussion, not me you slob.

2) I've never said a word about taking you down. I just want everyone to be aware of not falling for you this easily. I feel like standing up and saying, yo don't believe everything they say.

1) I've posted a lot in all games I've been in, even in my first game Archer I was in the top five posters. Your 'gut feels' revolve around saying I'm dominating discussions, but every game I've been in I've been near the top of the post counts and I generally post multiple times to get thoughts out there. This is exactly how I play. You're calling a spade a spade and saying this is the reason I'm not to be trusted. Sorry, I don't like that reason.

2) I was basing this off the fact you have our vote on us, and have had it there for quite a long time. Actions not words.

You've expressed your hunch and reasons, I've expressed my problems with your hunch and reasons. Good.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, here's some updated reads:

lean town:

3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z NEW
15. [f] Sophia & [m] Ty4on
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead

It's a bit awkward:

5. [m] Blargonaut & [m] Kawl_USC
10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks
14. [m] NeverForever & [m] CzarTim

Null:

12. [m] Kyanrute NEW & [m] Retroid
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Miracle
7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC
1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity

Lean scum:

4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak
11. [m] Rest & [m] Karu
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n

BLAAAWWWWWLL I've downgraded, though I'm still closer to a town lean than scum. I just don't feel as confident as I did yesterday.

Flappa again I've softened my stance, though not enough to really say 'not leaning scum' just unsure.

El Miracle and Retrute need to post more before I can get a good read, I'm looking at them as D1 targets.

I've eased back on NeverTim because NF's got a pretty negative attitude going on which I never like and raises scum red flags for me.

I still think batsnacks is reading as town currently, but magnum hasn't done anything and that's a problem.

UltraJay being absent is a pain, and makes it hard to definitively scumread the pair, but Boo Boo'n is coming off as scum to me. He doesn't seem to be understanding the miller claim in a logical way, he seems be trying to make knots in it as much as possible.

Hyperkitty: I like kitty more than Hyper, but I'm struggling to read him at all. I can see him being anything at this point. Hyper seems to be a bit of a non-presence currently.

Karest: they've both been reasonably quiet, Rest has mentioned not being able to keep up and I didn't agree with his vote behaviour. This is the lightest of scum leans, but I am still leaning scum.

None of the scum reads are particularly strong, nowhere near strong enough to go after D1, so I won't be hitting Gorlak and Launch today as they'll be active and involved so we can glean more as the game progresses. Karest and UltraBooBoo are still candidates because they haven't provided me much reason to keep them around.

cabot

I never asked for this

giphy.gif

Kyanrute

Halooo. Want opinions? No? Well that’s what you get.

Let’s rehash the bestest topic everyone likes, the claimers! Fluxaisis: Transformers. Blawl: pls don’t kill us even though it will take days to confirm we are what we are pls no kill we can help [pokemon images here]. Both are uncertain and thus suspicious; one somewhat openly points out that there are pieces missing, the other offers plenty but what we get is confusing. Kill inactives over these if we have any. Let us go over the other lovers then.

Kitty and Hyper - Hyper seems rather silent, yet who am I to judge, seeing my postcount. I like Kitty, makes a good point about people jumping the gun.

Kark and Zipped - Kark is slowly cooking the claimers, seeing if they break. Would scum be this eager to go in deep on their arguments? No feel on Zipped, just posting his thoughts on the claims.

Launch and Gorlak - Launchie comes around when asked, posts towny things imo. Gorlak seems okish, the ish because the more informative posts were a bit back.

Ultra and Boo - moar? moaaaaaaaarrrr.

Coppa and Flame - Calmed down a bit after their crusade. A response to heat? Claim to be stirring the pot and the play does suit the claim.

Splinter and Cabot - Loads of stuff. Plenty. I do not see the scumminess Gorlak sees, but I do not have the history with the duo.

TL and Camjo - Not much on either fella.

Magnum and batsnacks - Magnum is on the moar camp, snacks had that plan which seemed easy for scum to manipulate, but I feel he just did not think it through or put too much emphasis on the possible gains of it.

Rest and Karu - Policy lynching seems harsh, I’m more of a give ‘em a chance guy. Karu made a list. Lists are cool.

El Topo and Miracle - mooooooaaaaaarrrrrrr, said El Topo.

Never and Tim - Never is all fuck day one, what I get. Encourages active votes, what I now agree with and will do so. No read on Tim.

Sophia and Ty - Sophia engages and gives opinions. Ty seems to do the same. Feeling good.

Coppaflame, Splintbot, Sop4ia and LaunchGor seem to be the more coordinated teams in their message and the way they play the game. Most other teams have not said enough feel that way, thanks to day one I guess.

VOTE: UltraJay

This is a pressure vote - there is too moar in my list and silence is too easy a way to hide. Speak, please. Inactivity lynches are unfortunate and I shall try my best to not fall into one myself.

Gorlak

Banned
Because they've posted so much I'm curious if you're suspicious of anything Cabot and Splinter haven't posted. Your suspicion seems to be based on a feeling they're fluffy and posting a lot to steer discussion so I wonder what you'd like to see coming from them.

No, nothing in particular. They should keep it coming though, eventually we all will forge an opinion.

Do you care to share your opinion on anything? What do you think of Splintbot or why do find me scummy? I haven't found a reaction to the claims from you. How should we deal with those?

cabot

Alright, it's great to see both Karu and Kyanrute posting without my read list having to force them.

Don't be shy guys, we could always use an extra hand
job
when scumhunting.

cabot

Camjo-Z: Doesn't want to participate in Day 1 on principle. I understand not liking D1, but outright blocking any D1-efforts stinks. Especially if both do it. Reeks of arrangement.

Can you point me to this? Looking at his posts, I don't see him unwilling to participate, he just says there is very little info to process on D1 and he usually plays with a night start.

Kyanrute

I think plenty of us have ideas about the gambit, so how likely it is that scum wouldn't get it by now? I do not think many would step into a trap that they know is one, even if they would wouldn't have an absolutely clear idea about how the trap works. Shall we debate the merits of a trap that will not be sprung for a while versus information to clear some of the confusion?

MagnumBoy20xx

Neo Member
Sorry about being inactive, RL kinda got to me, as well as the Day 1 claims making it hard to get reads.

As for how I feel about them I'm more inclined to believe the Miller claim then the cop claim, mainly because it makes more sense for that to be claimed on day 1. The traker part of it does make it harder to believe though.

Other then that I haven't really been able to get any real reads on anyone else, so I'll have to rely a little more on my partner for now.

Karu

Can you point me to this? Looking at his posts, I don't see him unwilling to participate, he just says there is very little info to process on D1 and he usually plays with a night start.
I can't pull out a magical post only I can see :D But I thought his last few posts indicated that he thinks Day One is useless - but I concur he did participated at least early on. Still - in line with his partner TL - I don't like the attitude. I would say... "It is what it is, deal with it." in regards to Day One speculation.

Cabot is starting to rub me the wrong way, and not because of his insistence that Gorlak and I are scum. I am not going to press him for now, but my gut feeling is that there's something worth pursuing there.

I don't like these posts Launch. They're way too apologetic and defensive, full of excuses and promises to get better. Reminds me a lot of Ouro in Heist, although to be fair I think you also did a similar thing last game (as town).

Believe what you want, but I've legitimately been busy. I've been skimming through the thread and not seen much to talk about, so I've not said much. I keep saying that because it's true.

Is there any benefit to calling out a suspected town Gambit In Progress? Or is that just for "told you so" points?

Yes, there is a point. I'd much rather see what Flux's and other's reactions to being called out are than whatever he thinks he's going to accomplish by doing what he's doing.

cabot

I can't pull out a magical post only I can see :D But I thought his last few posts indicated that he thinks Day One is useless - but I concur he did participated at least early on. Still - in line with his partner TL - I don't like the attitude. I would say... "It is what it is, deal with it." in regards to Day One speculation.

Mmm maybe. He clearly doesn't think much of d1 but yeah he is participating.

As for TL. This is my first game playing with him, and I've struggled to read him in the past when watching him in other games. All I can say is that nothing seems out of the ordinary yet.

I am currently feeling good town vibes from camjo and TL is a bit of a null. He needs to contribute more for me to feel confident.

Camjo-Z

I am dealing with it. I haven't told anyone else to stop speculating, just that I think most of it is silly conjecture.

batsnacks

Cabot is starting to rub me the wrong way, and not because of his insistence that Gorlak and I are scum. I am not going to press him for now, but my gut feeling is that there's something worth pursuing there.
Help me see this I feel like I missed something. I've never played with mafia cabot but I'm not currently seeing him as mafia. Is it like a tone thing cause he seems like he's contributing a lot?

cabot

Can we talk about how inactive Tim has been? This is the guy who used to dominate discussion in nearly every game. Where is his presence in this game?

Just jump out of your boat and drown yourself. :)

he's been quiet but he was also quiet in woof 2 until he had to step up once all the chatty ones were killed.

I don't see his lower activity as a point for or against him just now. When he posts I think its worthwhile.

Help me see this I feel like I missed something. I've never played with mafia cabot but I'm not currently seeing him as mafia. Is it like a tone thing cause he seems like he's contributing a lot?

Yes, it's basically this. Although, to be fair, Cabot played much more like a victim the one time I played with him - undoubtedly because he was a miller and he was cornered due to a late roleclaim. However, he never really dominated discussion the way he is now. He's pushing different ideas around, even goading people kind of like he's running the show:

Alright, it's great to see both Karu and Kyanrute posting without my read list having to force them.

Don't be shy guys, we could always use an extra hand
job
when scumhunting.

It's standing out to me quite a bit.

FluxWaveZ

Flux I await the second part of your unnecessary gambit soon. For the record: I don't think you actually have a cop role, but somehow still are town. The reactions are out and you don't want us to hazardously decide on a lynch at the last minute? Alternatively Timeaisis could help us on that matter. Maybe you also want to offer some more opinions on anything as you were quite silent.

Second part?

he's been quiet but he was also quiet in woof 2 until he had to step up once all the chatty ones were killed.

I don't see his lower activity as a point for or against him just now. When he posts I think its worthwhile.

All he's done so far is make a few smartass comments at Kark.

cabot

All he's done so far is make a few smartass comments at Kark.

something he did d1 in woof 2 also. NeverTim is someone I'll be looking closely at day 2, with maybe a little voting pattern and some more information to help me judge. They're both players I would feel foolish to go for broke on during this phase.

Karkador

Banned
I've been trying to call out his quietness, too.

On one hand, I've watched him play as scum; he applies a light touch here and there and lets the dominoes fall, all the while coordinating behind the scenes to deflect suspicion and control the narrative.

On the other hand, I haven't really watched him play Town.

cabot

He was town in star wars right? He's changed since then. His play in star wars was quite different from woof 2 where he was also town.

I'm basing this on my experience, where I shared the same frustrations with him and called him on it not long before I died.

One thing that is off is he policy lynched Blarg d1 in volcano island but hasn't done so here. I said this to splinter in the chat but I was reluctant to bring it up because it's pretty weak as evidence of anything.

We all love day one.

El Topo

I'm going to go as deep meta as possible if it brings you round pal

#bestbuds

I actually thought about analyzing previous rounds, but decided against it because I feel that a meta analysis goes against the spirit of the game.
Also it turns out that even for D1 it is way too much work.

Sophia

Phew. Lots of stuff to look over...

Allllrighty then~ For all you charming lovely pairs out there! A few morning reads and observations:

Kyanrute and Retroid - It's nice to see a read list from Kyanrute, but when I looked over my notes for Retroid I noticed there was nothing listed. Sure enough, a quick post count search shows that he only actually has one post since the game started. It was from yesterday afternoon saying we'd get opinions from him shortly. Almost 24 hours later and we still don't have a followup to this. I'd like to see the followup to this.

UltraJay - His partner doesn't seem to know where is. Dunno what to think here.

Coppa and Flame - Nothing much has changed here, Flame's initial policy lynch still unsettles me a little bit, but I'm not nearly as sold on Coppa as my partner right now. Coppa's appearing largely helpful for the most part.

Splitner and Cabot - Cabot's giving me town vibes, and I agree with Kyanrute in that they seem like a coordinated group.

Flux and Time - One of the earliest things I said when I was discussing things over with Ty4on was that Flux, and I quote "was [seemingly] more aggressive the more vanilla townie he was." I'm seeing that aggressiveness to a degree here, however I am not so certain I agree with my days old assessment anymore. As for Time, this post struck out at me when going back through a re-read. I'm not sure how I think of it, because on one hand the role claims have somewhat dominated the discussion, but on the other hand I get a sense of discussion from his partner.

Launch and Gorlak - Not much to say about Gorlak right now, but this post from Launch doesn't make me feel confident about him. Calling the entire discussion a waste of time, in particular, stood out to me as "Bwah?"

Sophia

Flux and Time - One of the earliest things I said when I was discussing things over with Ty4on was that Flux, and I quote "was [seemingly] more aggressive the more vanilla townie he was." I'm seeing that aggressiveness to a degree here, however I am not so certain I agree with my days old assessment anymore. As for Time, this post struck out at me when going back through a re-read. I'm not sure how I think of it, because on one hand the role claims have somewhat dominated the discussion, but on the other hand I get a sense of discussion from his partner.

Ack! This should be "disconnection", not "discussion." My apologizes. everything else looks fine on a re-read.

I'm currently working on an assignment, so I'm going to be reactive for an hour or two while I finish it. In case, you know, people call me out for being defensive - because yes, that's exactly how I'm acting right now.

Launch and Gorlak - Not much to say about Gorlak right now, but this post from Launch doesn't make me feel confident about him. Calling the entire discussion a waste of time, in particular, stood out to me as "Bwah?"

My demeanor has changed significantly since then.

VOTE: LaunchpadMcQ

That's a great explanation. You've convinced me.

FluxWaveZ

That's a great explanation. You've convinced me.

Aside from what I've already posted and what you even responded to, your defensiveness and your demeanor, as well as that of your partner, make me think scum.

Also—again—this?
I got burned pretty bad last game I played (tl;dr: lots of bad calls on lynches, realized who last scum was too late, terrible gambits), so you can understand me being a bit more cautious this time around.
Is exactly what I said in Werewolf 2, after I was "disappointed" at my performance in Werewolf 1 and used it as an excuse when people were calling me out on not participating enough. I was a Neutral role who cared little about Town then. I don't like seeing it from the opposite end.

Aside from what I've already posted and what you even responded to, your defensiveness and your demeanor, as well as that of your partner, make me think scum.

Also—again—this?

Is exactly what I said in Werewolf 2, after I was "disappointed" at my performance in Werewolf 1 and used it as an excuse when people were calling me out on not participating enough. I was a Neutral role who cared little about Town then. I don't like seeing it from the opposite end.

Regarding my cautiousness, the effect isn't that I've been participating less. My experience in the last game has caused me to not put all my eggs in one basket - such as with Tim or Cabot, who I find suspicious, but I just haven't pressed them with votes. That's basically the extent of that.

For the rest, I would refer you to the posts where I've said I've had my hands a bit tied up outside of the game and I haven't been paying as much attention as I should. I've been trying to do better, and I do think have been doing better, as I'm keeping with the current discussions.

Frankly, Flux, you're wasting your time and everybody else's. Can you get to the point of your roleclaim already? Nobody took the bait. Just get on with the second phase of your gambit already.

FluxWaveZ

Frankly, Flux, you're wasting your time and everybody else's. Can you get to the point of your roleclaim already? Nobody took the bait. Just get on with the second phase of your gambit already.

There is no second phase. It's interesting that both you and Gorlak are the only ones obsessed with a "second phase."

FluxWaveZ

So, what the hell was the point of this?

What do you mean? I said it explicitly before several times: it was just to get us talking about something on D1. First days can get boring as hell, at least this shook things up a bit. No idea where this "second phase, master plan" stuff came from.

What do you mean? I said it explicitly before several times: it was just to get us talking about something on D1. First days can get boring as hell, at least this shook things up a bit. No idea where this "second phase, master plan" stuff came from.

See: every other Day 1 shenanigan case ever.

*Splinter

Hold up. Are you backing off from your claim already? Or is it still a claim and this is just your justification for making it?

Camjo-Z

You literally said you had a second reason you were claiming beyond reactions/discussion.

There are two reasons that the role was disclosed: one that I won't elaborate on now, and the other because I just came from Heist, where a last minute role claim confused and sealed the fate of Town. Doing it now will at least give us more information, instead of having to discuss about nothingness on Day 1.

Reactions are important, too.

Top Bottom