• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Gorlak I can't seem to find any posts where you really talk about hyperkitty.

What are your feelings? Don't pull a zipped and say 'I agree with my partner'

pls

I love GAF. Read the heroic act of saving a young damsel in distress. He knows the true meaning and value of love. Despite his motivations being partially wrong, he did the right thing. Do not toy with emotions. People are fragile, nobody likes to be hurt.

Why do people hurt others? Why do they claim things they are probably not? Why do they not even talk with each other?
Timeaisis' reaction was predictable. Flux uses his partner's absence to push his gambit. Miller and Role cop aren't compatible. We have a very small game of 15 roles. Two different versions of cops in this game are HIGHLY unlikely. Boils down to who is more believable the lone Flux risking a powerful PR without his partner's consent or the crazy claimed miller duo?
Whatever your plan is Flux, I dislike it very much. Toying with town's feelings and creating confusion is not helpful. That being said I doubt you're scum. Scum can always surprise me, but a bold gambit which could easily backfire to an immediate lynch in the first minute? Nah. You've spiced up Day 1 for sure. Hopefully you found the reactions you were looking for and will end this charade before the day is over.
Blarg and Kawl could've used the opportunity to slip in a "tamer" claim and be safe for today. I'm interested in how they will go forward from now on. Kawl is usually a much more logical person and if he doesn't contribute accordingly, I'll be on his case. On the other hand they have to deliver sth. tomorrow and if they are caught in a lie... well, a 1-1 scum-pr deal would be okay for me.
Kark is gunning for Flux, because somebody has to question this dubious course of actions. But this could be very well scum wanting to appear useful. Will be watched.
Furthermore I don't see Coppa and Flame as a very noticeable team. They voted for different people... so? It's still early, but I'm not lynching them based on this fact alone?!

This brings us to the question to who would I vote today! We have two teams in the race for the first place right now. #1Splintbot:
I dislike how Splinter and cabot present themselves. They are acting weird and try to dominate this thread from the very beginning. Call it a gut feeling, nothing I can build a case on just yet, but definitely the ones I'm watching most carefully. They stray many posts in different directions, include fluffy and insignificant posts, while working the crowd to follow their lead. I'll let my vote stick for now. The second most suspicious team for me is my beloved cat-lover team. Even though I cherish everytime I see their adorable avatars. There was this weird conversation between them, completely unnecessary in this thread. Hyper is non-existent apart from this.
A lot of people are extremely quiet, which is natural. Keep in mind we have 30 persons here and no one can possibly keep an eye on everyone and many will just look to somehow survive Day 1. I may have a blindspot for Sophia as she is the only one who seems to share the need and feel for true love. Hopefully I won't overlook important details in her sweet, sweet posting style.

Traversing the tunnel of love we all should remind ourselves of our strengths! Rely on your instincts and don't be afraid to ask question you deem necessary. We should look for the truth and spread ~love~
Dude doesn't know how to space out his sentences

cabot

Why, everyone is so quick to want to lynch someone day 1 when luck will have it that we lynch someone we don't want to.

Because people who vote for these people can be looked upon after the flip and night.

Rinse repeat for future phases and you can construct a reasonable case for someone being town or scum.

No Lynch is letting scum deal first.

TL21xx

Banned
You are stalling and afraid of being held responsible for your actions. You actively approve of late swings by not contributing now.

And you are just trying to get a rise out of players by demanding a vote. I get poking the inactives, but after a certain point you're just hurting your cause.

Camjo-Z

You are stalling and afraid of being held responsible for your actions. You actively approve of late swings by not contributing now.

step the fuck back amigo

u dont talk to my man like that

VOTE: No Lynch

No, I probably won't be keeping that vote but I wanted to bring up the discussion on a potential NL as it seems to be something overlooked in most games. It doesn't really give much of an edge to either side, but it potentially removes a huge burden in that, if we hit a key role, it could make things really tough (ie. saving or investigative roles). On top, it avoids the situation where there are last minute scrambles for people to reveal as they realize it is their only option.

Good luck getting anyone in this trigger-happy town to give NL a second thought. More blood for the blood god.

Retroid

Because people who vote for these people can be looked upon after the flip and night.

Rinse repeat for future phases and you can construct a reasonable case for someone being town or scum.

No Lynch is letting scum deal first.

There have been plenty of votes up until this point, as well as people like myself who made no effort. All of these things can be used, a no lynch for one day is not going to change that.

cabot

There have been plenty of votes up until this point, as well as people like myself who made no effort. All of these things can be used, a no lynch for one day is not going to change that.

You're being passive and cautious when doing a no lynch, as opposed to taking a hard stance by choosing someone you want to lynch. There are a number of people who have solid reasons to be voted on. Right or wrong, having a vote is good. You think more critically.

People gonna die in mafia, I don't see a reason to delay. Relying on PRs is not the game, PRs aid but they are not the game. The game is discussion and votes.

Flame_AC

Could you talk about the game in detail Retroid, perhaps say something like what your partner has. I think you should reconsider your no lynch position, I can point you to my post about it if you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is a necessary evil to give us some solid reactions and play from each person who votes as well as those who don't. I'd love for us to either hit a scum or someone unimportant, but that is just part of the risk we take by playing Day 1.

We create less information in that we don't know how players voted on specific individuals. What's more, we won't have addition information tomorrow, but we'll have at least one less suspect to consider or whatever information the lynched players role reveals. Day 1 lynching is basically a must.

cabot

I think this is more town than scum from Retroid because he knows Gafia as a whole generally frowns upon No Lynches.

Still don't like it though.

Retroid

You're being passive and cautious when doing a no lynch, as opposed to taking a hard stance by choosing someone you want to lynch. There are a number of people who have solid reasons to be voted on. Right or wrong, having a vote is good. You think more critically.

People gonna die in mafia, I don't see a reason to delay. Relying on PRs is not the game, PRs aid but they are not the game. The game is discussion and votes.

I am not suggesting we entirely rely on PRs over discussion, but rather that a PR helps validate and confirm a discussion. If we lose our validators, it becomes a suggested guessing game.

CzarTim

I am not suggesting we entirely rely on PRs over discussion, but rather that a PR helps validate and confirm a discussion. If we lose our validators, it becomes a suggested guessing game.
In woof 2 I had a cop-like role and knew for a fact corn was town, when I town read him the next day people (including corn) thought it was weird I town read him and then a vig shot him the next night.

FluxWaveZ

Sorta mostly believe you about not being scum, don't believe Time is as ignorant, at least now, as he acts, and while I'm fine with your claim, some stuff since then has bothered me (post 730 "I'm an amateur" being especially BS)

Not BS. The only games of Mafia I've participated in are through Gafia, and I started in season 4. That question is legitimate, and I'm still looking for an answer from TL21xx, who's been ignoring my actual questions.

But if you don't seem so worried about your claim, does it have t do with the way it interacts. Did you consider the ability of scum, with more abilities to look at and compare at their disposal, to ascertain more accurately what you were doing?

Scum can do whatever they want with the knowledge of my role. The nature of their faction already gives them all the knowledge they could need; what would they do by knowing that I am, in fact, a Power Role through their own investigative one?

Otherwise, what could you possibly be suggesting that my role could work in conjunction with an opposing scum one?

You said your chat went like this
Flux jokes(ish) about claiming 6 minutes in
Time says lol
Flux posts a massive plan

As it is, I'm willing to wait to see what the plan is, seeing as there definitely is a plan that is ebing ignored and hasn't come into effect, but the idea of your ability interacting with something scum has and you not taking that into account bothers me

There is no plan.

I'll look into our chat for the replies exactly and say how it went (paraphrasing, of course):

1. Time: Hey, let's talk.
2. Flux: Yeah, we probably should have been talking earlier.
3. Flux: Anyways, I think we should probably talk more in the actual thread than in here. Oh yeah, and I think we should claim our role of Buddy Cops from the start.
4. Time: What I want most is to lay low. And haha, that's a pretty funny plan. Not too sure about that.
5. Flux: Is that a no? 'Cause I'll do it.
6. Time: Wait, so... how exactly would you do this?
7. Flux: Basically, I think we should claim at the very start. Day 1 convo sucks and I'd rather us get a bunch of heat to stir things up than have to go through the boring stuff.
8. Flux: Haha, man, this is great. Whatever happens, this is at least entertaining.
9. Time: Oh shit.

FluxWaveZ

I completely disagree with Retroid here, but could you two tell me how this makes you think he is scum?

Or are these policy lynches?

For me, it's neither. I wouldn't actually shoot him if I was a Day Vig., but I think going back to the discussion of "let's not lynch!" at this point is hilarious.

*Splinter

You actively approve of late swings by not contributing now.
I know this wasn't aimed at me, but FTR:

I actively approve of late swings.

...On the other hand, Tl21, IDGAF about you voting now, but you could at least tell us where you're currently looking. I feel like I don't know your position on anyone, and looking back the last few pages I can only see you say you agree with your partner. Agreeing is one thing, but you could at least give us specifics on what you agree with.

And why, ideally.

CzarTim

I have not seen a good reason to move my vote off hypitty. I am willing to switch to avoid a tie, but other than that I'm good.

lol hyper posting notes as if scum can't write that shit like harry does his divination homework.

You, uh, misinterpreted the reason I posted that

Someone accused me of not trying to catch up. If I'm scum doing all that but not postingin here, then I'm pretty terrible as scum

Coppanuva

We create less information in that we don't know how players voted on specific individuals. What's more, we won't have addition information tomorrow, but we'll have at least one less suspect to consider or whatever information the lynched players role reveals. Day 1 lynching is basically a must.

Specifically, we gain less information about the end of day voting behaviors. During the day is all well and good but you could move your vote around for a variety of reasons. How people react to last minute claims on the fly is often more telling than general voting patterns (switching to hammer someone who flips scum being the most obvious example of what I'm talking about).

batsnacks

I completely disagree with Retroid here, but could you two tell me how this makes you think he is scum?

Or are these policy lynches?
I think it's fine to policy but the vote is for the combination of Retroid being the most passive player and the only stance he's taken on anything is that we shouldn't do anything today. So like... he does nothing and wants to convince us to do nothing.

*Splinter

I think this is more town than scum from Retroid because he knows Gafia as a whole generally frowns upon No Lynches.

Still don't like it though.
Indeed
For me, it's neither. I wouldn't actually shoot him if I was a Day Vig., but I think going back to the discussion of "let's not lynch!" at this point is hilarious.
I figured it would be at least slightly hyperbolic. Hmm, ok

*Splinter

I think it's fine to policy but the vote is for the combination of Retroid being the most passive player and the only stance he's taken on anything is that we shouldn't do anything today. So like... he does nothing and wants to convince us to do nothing.
We aren't hunting "most passive" though? Either you think he's scum or it's a policy lynch. I'm still not sure which from this post

FluxWaveZ

I figured it would be at least slightly hyperbolic. Hmm, ok

Kinda, but it's also what batsnacks said. One of the most inactive players in the game comes out and suggests that we shouldn't do anything on D1. When we're approaching this phase's end. It's ridiculous.

I like to imagine how it would be if, in Heist, we had people going, "Man, maybe we should vote no lynch today."

CzarTim

Someone's gonna have to help me out here, all I'm seeing with the votes on us is activity related concerns, null reads, etc.

To be clear, inactivity is not why I am voting you. You and kitty have both been very passive this game. And by that I mean you don't feel super invested in catching scum.

TL21xx

Banned

That's true. BUT because of that, it is best to go for a lynch on Day 1. Were it purely mathematical it might make sense to hold off on the blood, there is more information in the long run if we DO lynch someone on Day 1, and a very good chance that they will be a less important role.

That's the entire reason I didn't jump on Flux so quickly, because on the off-chance he is the cop, we would lose a major player on Day 1. Moreover, the real cop would be wise enough to not reveal themselves so quickly. As a result, the best course of action is to leave him be until the next phase. Same with Blarg and Kawl. It's why both those seem to be off the table.

Let's be real, the fun hasn't even begun for the day yet. It'll all be more clear when we get to the end of the wire.

Retroid

Could you talk about the game in detail Retroid, perhaps say something like what your partner has. I think you should reconsider your no lynch position, I can point you to my post about it if you want, but the fact of the matter is that it is a necessary evil to give us some solid reactions and play from each person who votes as well as those who don't. I'd love for us to either hit a scum or someone unimportant, but that is just part of the risk we take by playing Day 1.

I don't have a complete list like Kyanrute but I can say that I am against lynching partners that have claimed, ie. "timeaisis & fluxwavez" and "blargonaut & kawl_usc". I want to say that my no lynch stance was nothing more than bringing it up for discussion (more in depth than previously) as it backfired on me during my last game, and I'd rather not be so stubborn with that decision again. I think a lot of people just accept no lynch as always being bad.

As far as hitting a bad role or scum, the likelihood of doing that is not worth the risk of hitting someone important at this stage.

FluxWaveZ

This seems to be different than the account that Timeaisis gave. Time made it sound like his only response to the plan was "lol".

You people really need to ease up on that.

1. No, that's not all he said about the plan in the chat. Replies 4 and 6 convey the essence of it. That's why it was apparent to me that he disagreed with it before I went for it.
2. We're not allowed to directly quote stuff outside of this thread. What do you guys even want us to do, to break the rules?

batsnacks

We aren't hunting "most passive" though? Either you think he's scum or it's a policy lynch. I'm still not sure which from this post
Was my vote really that mysterious? :/

The game can't be solved by town if people play like Retroid is playing and is suggesting we play.

Retroid

The game can't be solved by town if people play like Retroid is playing and is suggesting we play.

I never suggested you play like me (if you are referring to my lack of communication). I also am only suggesting a no lynch for today, not further (unless the circumstances seem fit) so I don't see how that will make it un-winnable for town.

kingkitty

To be clear, inactivity is not why I am voting you. You and kitty have both been very passive this game. And by that I mean you don't feel super invested in catching scum.

i've already made my case for someone i feel comfortable killing on Day 1, and i'm making observations when i can, i really can't see how you can easily blanket us with this statement

CzarTim

i've already made my case for someone i feel comfortable killing on Day 1, and i'm making observations when i can, i really can't see how you can easily blanket us with this statement
I mean I'm looking more at emotions here than content. I haven't disagreed with everything you've said, but I'm having a hard time moving past the feeling that you're scum. It's easy to fake content, not so much emotions.

Ourobolus

Banned
rest & karu (0)
fluxwavez
sophia

launchpadmcq & gorlak (1)
fluxwavez
*splinter
blargonaut
giant panda
cabot

*splinter & cabot (0)
gorlak
kingkitty

timeaisis & fluxwavez (3)
launchpadmcq
ultrajay
ty4on
coppanuva
*splinter
*splinter
camjo-z
*splinter

blargonaut & kawl_usc (2)
flame_ac
boo boo'n
karkador
zippedpinhead

kingkitty & hyperactivity (7)
hyperactivity
czartim
launchpadmcq
never forever
kawl_usc
boo boo'n
kyanrute
gorlak

el topo & giant panda (0)
cabot
gorlak
*splinter

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
*splinter
ty4on
batsnacks
fluxwavez
hyperactivity

karkador & zippedpinhead (0)
fluxwavez
fluxwavez
giant panda
coppanuva

never forever & czartim (1)
karu
coppanuva

ultrajay & boo boo'n (2)
never forever
kyanrute
kingkitty
coppanuva
cabot

magnumboy20xx & batsnacks (0)
flame_ac

tl21xx & camjo-z (0)
coppanuva

kyanrute & retroid (2)
*splinter
*splinter
sophia
flame_ac
batsnacks

sophia & ty4on (2)
launchpadmcq
blargonaut
fluxwavez

no lynch (1)
retroid

Note: *Splinter, your long-ass vote post broke the mafia tool, so don't do that. It's because you put everything in one highlight tag.

I mean I'm looking more at emotions here than content. I haven't disagreed with everything you've said, but I'm having a hard time moving past the feeling that you're scum. It's easy to fake content, not so much emotions.

This is a REALLY bullshit reason

You just "feel" Kingkitty is emotionless when posting?

CzarTim

Personally thought KK at least had been doing a good job of being active, communicating, offering his thoughts etc., but I guess CzarTim thinks he's just going through the motions in his posts, without ever explicitly showing why he feels that way in a post

This is not what I mean. I'm saying I have a gut feel that kitty is scum, sort of like how you are voting for flame for sounding "robotic." It's more to do with the inflection than the content.

Kitty's posts have improved to the point where I was seriously considering voting boojay, but you're posts the last couple of days have not been great. NF and I both disliked you posting your notes, regardless of the reason you posted them, it feels very "look how town I am" so we decided to keep our vote for the time being.

Ty4on

Personally thought KK at least had been doing a good job of being active, communicating, offering his thoughts etc., but I guess CzarTim thinks he's just going through the motions in his posts, without ever explicitly showing why he feels that way in a post
I disagree with your assessment that reading emotions is a bad thing (especially on D1), but I'd like to see Tim flesh out why he feels that way about kitty. I'm a null on both Hyper and kitty.

I've kept my vote on Fluxaisis because they still feel odd. Time is really passive and while Flux makes aggressive attacks, I am not seeing very townie intentions behind them. The latter read is quite shallow, hence why I've wanted Time to post some more.

I got suspicious of Coppa and Flame when Sophia first mentioned it way back and it's never gone away. It seems like the pressure from town has though.

batsnacks

This is not what I mean. I'm saying I have a gut feel that kitty is scum, sort of like how you are voting for flame for sounding "robotic." It's more to do with the inflection than the content.

Kitty's posts have improved to the point where I was seriously considering voting boojay, but you're posts the last couple of days have not been great. NF and I both disliked you posting your notes, regardless of the reason you posted them, it feels very "look how town I am" so we decided to keep our vote for the time being.
Agree with the notes thing. I'm pretty sure in every game I've played where people did that they wound up being mafia.

Did anyone actually see this thing Retroid posted? It was in the same post where he promised opinions would be coming shortly:
http://pastebin.com/ApB47JfB

I thought it seemed like a similar case of non-town-helping priorities.

Top Bottom