• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

Warxard

Banned
Why are we voting Splinter/Cabot now? Am I like, missing something out of this? are you all really going with Blarg's comment about getting three or so potential leads should those two die?

Flame_AC

Kark/Zip, you were the ones who mentioned it. How do you plan to communicate the night targets?

I'm only around for another 3 or 4 hours and I'm going to miss day end again, so I don't have much time left to change my vote.

*Splinter

Why are we voting Splinter/Cabot now? Am I like, missing something out of this? are you all really going with Blarg's comment about getting three or so potential leads should those two die?
Because I wouldn't do as I was told by another player (that I had as 50% chance to be scum).

Yeah me neither ¯_(ツ)_/¯

batsnacks

Splinter this is what happens when you trust a group of 28 people to sit still for 72 straight hours. Shenannigans happen and mistakes can be made, mistakes which could be avoided by ending the day early.

Ty4on

I've scum read Cabinter for a long time now so I figured I would write this. I'm way too tired though so sorry for it being a bit rough on the edges.

I voted for them at the end of D1 both as a joke because it'd go nowhere, but also because they were the ones I scum read the most at that point and I felt no need to vote for NeverTim. Gorlak's vote on them catalyzed my own vote.
My scum read of them is very much a gut read and doesn't start at any exact point. At the start of D1 I even had a town read on them. I figured that town couples would be more connected than scum couples because they were alone in the chat and Cabinter fit that bill pretty well. Then as the day went on though I started doubting them more and more. It's kinda hard to summarize in words, but the main thing bothering me is that in no post have I seen what looks like a town trying to figure out what is going on. On top of that I just read a weird confidence from their posts and a lot of shifting the burden to someone else.
I'm way too tired to be writing this, but my impression has been that their posts just feel constructed.
When something happens there's usually a rational looking list. My first #scumread in the chat (before I started town reading Cabinter) was the list in 276. It's like a list for the sake of posting something instead of figuring something out.
When an opinion is brought up it is justified and justified and justified...
When there's a read on someone it feels weirdly hollow and the prodding of people doesn't feel very genuine nor does it feel like it's getting anywhere.

Why did you vote on Rest/Karu, Flux?

unvote

I'm still not particularly enthused by Gorlak so far, (1)but he's not doing anything that's making me lean scum either, (2)yet.
Weird distancing from opinion into distancing from distanced opinion.
I see I missed absolutely nothing of value in the last two pages. Back to the claims:

I think Blawl made a good choice. (1)No need to shoot your load all in one go, (2)we've got a first piece of information that can be considered, (3)cross-referenced and (4)elaborated on as/when necessary.

Now we need to hear from Flux. Apparently he's only punctual when he's being terrible.
A lot of justifications.
Don't agree. One side having two trackers seems farfetched. I can easily see trackers being on both sides though.

The Miller-tracker combination was always a little confusing, with the evidence available to me.

Unfortunately, due to the Miller claim, Blawl will take precedence over Kark, who I mostly town read up until now.
This just reads as robotic to me. It's very wishy washy without a clear intent or view on the situation.
The first line is ok. The second line is a weird justification and the second line is robotic like "if miller then lynch" with a weird justification at the end because he town read Kark (I think).

These examples are just random posts that I chose though so I encourage you to look back at their posts analysing the events and see if you see the same as me.

*Splinter

Splinter this is what happens when you trust a group of 28 people to sit still for 72 straight hours. Shenannigans happen and mistakes can be made, mistakes which could be avoided by ending the day early.
For the record I still don't think this mistake is happening, but whether it does or not I think we all have a better understanding of who is scum

Karkador

Banned
You guys have coasted under the radar for too long. And I do think you're a much safer way to figure out what's going on with Blarg and I.

Flame_AC

5/10 on the Crab scale. I don't need to worry about my flip being altered

I'm not changing yet. But that metagaming is off-putting. I don't care about the scale or any of that, just what's going on here in this situation based on what people have done or not done.

*Splinter

You guys have coasted under the radar for too long. And I do think you're a much safer way to figure out what's going on with Blarg and I.
Elaborate.

If I flip scum, then what? Blarg is probably scum and I did all this to protect him? How is that clearer than lynching him directly? How is that more damning evidence than him claiming your own role?

If I flip town? Oh a repeat of this day that you've been so keen to turbo.

batsnacks

For the record I still don't think this mistake is happening, but whether it does or not I think we all have a better understanding of who is scum
Crazier things have happened lol

I don't know I personally am not sad to see a day end early when a huge majority of people are in logical agreement about something.

*Splinter

I'm not changing yet. But that metagaming is off-putting. I don't care about the scale or any of that, just what's going on here in this situation based on what people have done or not done.

I'll put it more simply. If I had to worry about my flip being altered I would have to behave very differently. I don't have to do that though, since whenever I die you will know I was town.

*Splinter

Crazier things have happened lol

I don't know I personally am not sad to see a day end early when a huge majority of people are in logical agreement about something.
If a majority of players want a turbo, we'll get a turbo. No reason the onus for that should be on me, especially when I've given my reasons for not wanting to turbo.

As it stands, there is not a majority in favour of turbo, just a very vocal minority

FluxWaveZ

I'm mainly just annoyed we had to prolong this circus. There's nothing else to suss out of D2 anymore. Well, not until the Splinter show happened with his declaration that there was more to suss out of D2.

I'll vote Blarg if we can finally turbo him. If not, eh. I'll wait, or I'll just stick with the Splinter team vote 'cause that's fun too.

Warxard

Banned
Because I wouldn't do as I was told by another player (that I had as 50% chance to be scum).

Yeah me neither ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I don't trust your team either but yeah, I think we're way too late to start brute forcing votes on people to get them to talk.

Noticed all of these solo-posted votes without any context to them as well. Shame that those didn't get jumped on like mine. Hmm.

Blarg's still at 14 right? because we're wasting time on a gamble that could lead us to nowhere.

batsnacks

If a majority of players want a turbo, we'll get a turbo. No reason the onus for that should be on me, especially when I've given my reasons for not wanting to turbo.

As it stands, there is not a majority in favour of turbo, just a very vocal minority
This isn't something I actually care about very much I'm just posting because I'm bored. I'm very much okay with defaulting to plurality today because we can't talk at night and I hate when I have things to say and I can't say them and then I forget what they are.

Karkador

Banned
Elaborate.

If I flip scum, then what? Blarg is probably scum and I did all this to protect him? How is that clearer than lynching him directly? How is that more damning evidence than him claiming your own role?

If I flip town? Oh a repeat of this day that you've been so keen to turbo.

If you flip scum, Blarg and I can trust each other, and so can the rest of the game.

If you flip town, we're back to today, sure. But with N2 results, and a different picture of the vote.

I'm actually less worried about you flipping Town than Blarg flipping Town. Blarg flipping Town will start a Town massacre, because then I'll be lynched next. You flipping Town? Eh.

But let's not forget how you wriggled away from committing to a vote you yourself seemed in favor of, Mr. Non-committal. You know what looks good about Blarg? His unwavering commitment to whatever it is he's doing. You know what looks bad about you? The total opposite.

*Splinter

Oh hi Splinter!

Got any new scum reads?
Well after this nonsense I'd probably put Kark over Blarg, but not enough to vote for him. 2 reasons:

1) I meant what I said earlier about not shifting the vote. Blarg has been selected by a majority, I consider this an extended dusk phase.
2) It's also possible that Kark's actions have been motivated by emotion rather than logic. I don't know him well enough to make that call.

Besides that, Flame has shot up again for supporting this idea to stack the trackers. Stupidest thing I've read all game and I can't imagine how anyone could support it.

The longer I sit back and watch this happening, the more and more I think it's a ploy by Kark and Zipped in an attempt to publicly look like they are severing the 'friendliness connect' with *Splint and Cabot that I accused the two pairs of having, which was one of the main reasons I suggested lynching Timeflux due to their mutual defense of them despite of and after their confessed lie; perhaps a fake show of antagonizing each other planned by them together in their scum chat, to refute my accusation Today before they end this ruse and turn against us once more, for the final time Today.

Of course I would NOT prefer the backdown from this current event and subsequent return to Team BLAWL's railroading, as I am interested in self-preservation just like any other player should be. But, it is an observation of mine that I can't help but state, especially before we may yet still be lynched Today.

*Splinter

If you flip scum, Blarg and I can trust each other, and so can the rest of the game.

If you flip town, we're back to today, sure. But with N2 results, and a different picture of the vote.

I'm actually less worried about you flipping Town than Blarg flipping Town. Blarg flipping Town will start a Town massacre, because then I'll be lynched next. You flipping Town? Eh.

But let's not forget how you wriggled away from committing to a vote you yourself seemed in favor of, Mr. Non-committal. You know what looks good about Blarg? His unwavering commitment to whatever it is he's doing. You know what looks bad about you? The total opposite.
Yes, I have been terribly unclear about my intentions today. No consistent position on lynching Blarg, and no commitment to preventing a turbo - that being the only reason we're having this conversation.

*Splinter

By your own admission, me flipping town leads to a repeat of today and a lynch of Blarg or yourself. That's town massacre + 1

Of course in that scenario we have 2 trackers and a cop out of 15 players, so we're basically guaranteed to win anyway.

Karkador

Banned
The longer I sit back and watch this happening, the more and more I think it's a ploy by Kark and Zipped in an attempt to publicly look like they are severing the 'friendliness connect' with *Splint and Cabot that I accused the two pairs of having, which was one of the main reasons I suggested lynching Timeflux due to their mutual defense of them despite of and after their confessed lie; perhaps a fake show of antagonizing each other planned by them together in their scum chat, to refute my accusation Today before they end this ruse and turn against us once more, for the final time Today.

Of course I would NOT prefer the backdown from this current event and subsequent return to Team BLAWL's railroading, as I am interested in self-preservation just like any other player should be. But, it is an observation of mine that I can't help but state, especially before we may yet still be lynched Today.

#believe

I need you to help me drive this lynch, though

*Splinter

In case I don't get the chance tomorrow:
I don't really care that you "dismissed" it because the first point is completely valid, you just seem to not want to acknowledge it. See Flux claim he wanted to get himself killed:

See Time suggest the opposite:

Even Time knew that they could have gotten themselves killed if they really wanted to, but they didn't. I have quotes for this stuff, I'm not making it up. You can think that Flux is just an unskilled townie and I'd be glad to hear your case for why, but this bizarre attempt to paint me as suspicious because I don't trust someone who's been acting fishy the entire game just comes off as desperate. To quote a well known philosopher: come back when you can put up a fight.

I've only ever played epicmafia before, bullshit plays like cops outing Day 2 are bread and butter over there. It's not great, but it's a decent enough way to get acquainted with the fundamentals.
This was a reasonable response. He stuck to his guns and (finally) put forward an argument that I can believe he believes in. I wouldn't go so far as to town read him for it, but he drops down my list of suspects.

FluxWaveZ

No... nono. That's it.
phoenix-emo.gif

VOTE: Blargonaut

Just kill Blawl already.

Splinter, you're misguided. "Extended dusk phase"? Do you want to get lynched at this point? Because I swear that's what's going to happen if you let this count down to last minute nonsense which always results in unpredictable chaos. Put your vote back on Blarg/Kawl and let's just do this already.

Camjo-Z

In case I don't get the chance tomorrow:

This was a reasonable response. He stuck to his guns and (finally) put forward an argument that I can believe he believes in. I wouldn't go so far as to town read him for it, but he drops down my list of suspects.

victory... is my destiny...

Karkador

Banned
Yes, I have been terribly unclear about my intentions today. No consistent position on lynching Blarg, and no commitment to preventing a turbo - that being the only reason we're having this conversation.

Blarg has been the overwhelmingly easy choice. Barely anyone has even argued specifically to lynch us -let alone vote for us. It's easy for you to go with the crowd. You just won't vote, and you wanted this day to descend into late-day chaos instead of just finishing the job. You don't want to last-hit Blarg. We'd all remember you as the guy who last-hit Townie Blarg. You want to fly under the radar while allowing people to unvote before the deadline.

#scumtell

By your own admission, me flipping town leads to a repeat of today and a lynch of Blarg or yourself. That's town massacre + 1

It's a different day with different info. Don't misrepresent. And TBH, your behavior has been more scummy than Blarg's.

*Splinter

No... nono. That's it.
phoenix-emo.gif

VOTE: Blargonaut

Just kill Blawl already.

Splinter, you're misguided. "Extended dusk phase"? Do you want to get lynched at this point? Because I swear that's what's going to happen if you let this count down to last minute nonsense which always results in unpredictable chaos. Put your vote back on Blarg/Kawl and let's just do this already.

*Splinter

Blarg has been the overwhelmingly easy choice. Barely anyone has even argued specifically to lynch us -let alone vote for us. It's easy for you to go with the crowd. You just won't vote, and you wanted this day to descend into late-day chaos instead of just finishing the job. You don't want to last-hit Blarg. We'd all remember you as the guy who last-hit Townie Blarg. You want to fly under the radar while allowing people to unvote before the deadline.

#scumtell

It's a different day with different info. Don't misrepresent. And TBH, your behavior has been more scummy than Blarg's.
"go along with the crowd"
"fly under the radar"

Does someone have that MGS gif handy?

FluxWaveZ

Who the hell cares about minority or majority or whatever? The point is turbo or not, and the fundamental issue is the flow of time and how that alters people's decisions. When things are so vague and uncertain in the first place like they are now, I'm also still susceptible to just voting on you because you're as good a target as anyone. My current mindset is to kill Blarg's team, but the more time passes, the more I'm smiling at the idea of lynching you. And obviously, I'm not the only one here. Who knows what the hell else will happen as the deadline approaches.

It's your funeral.

*Splinter

Who the hell cares about minority or majority or whatever? The point is turbo or not, and the fundamental issue is the flow of time and how that alters people's decisions. When things are so vague and uncertain in the first place like they are now, I'm also still susceptible to just voting on you because you're as good a target as anyone. My current mindset is to kill Blarg's team, but the more time passes, the more I'm smiling at the idea of lynching you. And obviously, I'm not the only one here. Who knows what the hell else will happen as the deadline approaches.

It's your funeral.
Kark and Zipped want a turbo. If I'm not mistaken they are in a position to deliver said turbo, so pester them?

kingkitty

looking thru the thread, here are some hot reads:

CoppaAC - Initially I said I was not a fan of the quick voting towards Blawl/Timeflux. Although I'm not as bothered by that if Blawl flips scum, and with Timeflux saying they're even a cop. Flame_AC discussed how he supported policy lynching millers unless the role can be verified, and there's town consensus. I don't know if karkendoor and blawl crossing the streams verifies that blawl is a miller, although it supports the tracker aspect. Don't like the town consensus thing, like there's a hesitation in doing something unpopular, something scum might want to avoid. Later on in the game in Day 2, Flame consistently reminded us not to end the game early. And yet he also wonders "You know, it seems so odd for us to still be missing 10 or so votes. Where are all these other people?". Well it doesn't seem that odd, if at least some of the votes would probably be for blawl. And if those votes were put down, would effectively turbo the game to an early end. Which is something Flame doesn't want to happen. Seems like an odd contradiction. Anyways, Coppa + AC have been active, and willing to press questions. Of course, both scum and town can ask plenty of questions. That's not hard at all. In the end, I get a little weird vibe from AC in particular, so for now they'll be in the "slight suspicious, keeping eyes open" pile.

el panda - Early on El Topo was pretty critical against Fluxtime, arguing for his lynch. If Fluxtime flips scum, one could argue El Topo would not be on the same team. Unless it's a "geez scumflux this was a horrible idea, it didn't work out, you're on your own!". Although I don't think timeflux is scum for now. During Day 1, post 1019, El Topo had vague criticism towards certain players, but didn't outline who. At the time I didn't get why he wasn't more straightforward. Giant Panda seems to have his eyes on camjo, and launchpad. And has shown uncertainty whether blargkawl really is scum. I lean null for now.

kingkitty

also, on this day I'm not going to vote for splinter/cabot over blargkawl

i don't think we're going to end with two trackers on the same town side, that still seems excessive

as i said before, i'm okay ending the game early if there's only 24 hours left since i'm pretty sure everyone has given their thoughts

vote: blargonaut

Top Bottom