• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Love Boat [Mafia] |OT| Till Death Do Us Part

TL21xx

Banned
Whoa there, this is not looking pretty at all. Magnum's post reads like damage control. I am having trouble buying that explanation at all. Explain more if you want to survive past the day.

Vote: batsnacks

Also, Camjo and I still have our boat chat.

UltraJay

Quick response before I have to leave this morning.

Kark and co. we need your response immediately to help us believe your claims. I still read you as town right now.

I didn't have time to unvote or anything, but even my initial vote was strained on Time and co. but did we have a better target last night?

Boo, I told you about Launch, bro. I told you about Launch.
especially with Gorlak I didn't think they were as scummy as you thought

Poisonous gas instead of a kill with "wounds" suggest a different killer. Perhaps each scum has kill flavor or a unblockable ability was used on Launch. If that is the case then it was kinda wasted because... why Launch? They weren't likely to be protected.

UltraJay

Whoa there, this is not looking pretty at all. Magnum's post reads like damage control. I am having trouble buying that explanation at all. Explain more if you want to survive past the day.

Vote: batsnacks

Also, Camjo and I still have our boat chat.

Why even quote that slit then?

If there was a lyncher and they hit their target they'd be leaving the game with their win condition now.

Flame_AC

Something that I found odd, beyond the end of the day shenanigans is that while they say they had a plan, MagnumBoy never voted for my partner or I. Maybe that was on purpose?

If you have questions you want me to answer Batsnacks/Magnum, or anyone else, I'd be glad to help. I don't get why you would do the things you did when we were so close to the end of the day, you should have done that further ahead of time.

Ty4on

You know you're a couple, right? You don't need to give us identical answers.
It's hard to coordinate that through the scum chat. OH WAIT!
Seriously though, what a weird thing to post or mistake to make by bat.
Can't answer for why hobo said that though, but I guess he didn't catch my post.
Poisonous gas instead of a kill with "wounds" suggest a different killer. Perhaps each scum has kill flavor or a unblockable ability was used on Launch. If that is the case then it was kinda wasted because... why Launch? They weren't likely to be protected.
Three scum left and botched dual kill? I dunno, makes as much sense as revealing yourself as scum.

If I'll have the time I'll try to read back on batsnacks'posts to see if I can town read him.
I spent most of the night looking at Camjo's posts and found the tone he used when referring to Blarg and Kawl to be interesting. Especially compared to the one he used towards Flux. I have yet to read his interactions with Splinter though.

Why were launch and Gorlak night killed? They were the first two votes on time and flux and launch only unvoted because of batsnacks shenanegins.

Did they ever post anything on who else were on their list? Maybe they were NK'd because of who was their number 2?

El Topo

Why were launch and Gorlak night killed? They were the first two votes on time and flux and launch only unvoted because of batsnacks shenanegins.

Did they ever post anything on who else were on their list? Maybe they were NK'd because of who was their number 2?

We have to look into that. It could also be because Gorlak was - at least to me - a very solid town candidate, so they might've decided to take them away.

Wait, why did scum not kill our tracker?

Flame_AC

OK, to summarize who I think we should be looking at in this day phase..

Trusting They Are Town Based on Current Information:
2. [m] Karkador & [m] Zippedpinhead
4. [m] LaunchPadMcQ & [m] Gorlak
6. [m] UltraJay & [m] Boo Boo'n
13. [m] El Topo & [m] Miracle [m] Giant Panda

The Rest:
1. [m] Kingkitty & [m] Hyperactivity
15. [m] hobohodo & [m] Ty4on
3. [m] Timeaisis & [m] FluxWaveZ
7. [m] Coppanuva & [m] Flame_AC
9. [m] TL21xx & [m] Camjo-Z
10. [m] MagnumBoy20xx & [m] batsnacks
11. [m] Dusk Soldier & [m] Karu
12. [m] Kyanrute & [m] Retroid

And to seal the deal...

This is the most recent list Launch made that I could find. Doesn't help that much as there's only two group, one with like 2/3 of the game.

Camjo-Z

Normally I'd do what TL is doing, but I'm going to give things a little more time to unravel before I pounce on batsnacks and Magnum. Last time I went after someone for attempting a dumb and unhelpful gambit it didn't turn out so well.

I spent most of the night looking at Camjo's posts and found the tone he used when referring to Blarg and Kawl to be interesting. Especially compared to the one he used towards Flux. I have yet to read his interactions with Splinter though.

I'm assuming you're referring to how I was generally nicer to Blarg than I was to Flux. Flux was making blatantly weird and anti-town plays, so I wasn't as polite to him as I was to Blarg, who hadn't made any outright bad plays (but was still more likely to be maf than Kark). I think my interactions with Splinter were also generally cordial until he started accusing me of being maf, at which point I got a little more rude.

No worries, I'll trust you do the right thing. I'm not sure if third times a charm though.

Personally, in going to let the dogpile happen and throw in from there.

8 scum in a 30 perslon game, 4 scum in a 15 person game? A recruitable? I have to think on it

Ok, as part of our chat bomb only one of us could submit our night action last night.

I had breadcrumbed here that I thought it was not a good idea to use our tracking last night (it is an X-shot and we don't have many left). It was a risk, but I had felt that we had no good leads at the time.

Karkador was the person gifted with the ability to put in our night action. He told me he was tempted to look at launch/Gorlak, batsnacks (because of the craziness at the end) and at Ty4on/hobo team. But he decided not to, it would be right to use one of our last shots without my input.

So there we go. I'm REALLy glad he didn't look at launch, I'll tell you that!

Flame_AC

Zip, didn't you say yesterday that the person you two were thinking about was killed as well.

Seems odd that twice now one of your prime targets to track has died. Not saying that makes you scum of course, but it's odd.

Zip, didn't you say yesterday that the person you two were thinking about was killed as well.

Seems odd that twice now one of your prime targets to track has died. Not saying that makes you scum of course, but it's odd.

we had serious reservations about splinter/Cabot, but Gorlak/Launch was only in consideration in the a sense of team discussion. I'm glad kark didn't look at that team because I would have disagreed wholeheartedly with that track.

frankly there were only 11 teams to chose from last night. I think that's almost a 1/4 chance that the NK'd would have been in his top three.

Retroid

Why aren't we asking ourselves if it is a good idea to lynch batsnacks/Magnum. Something feels off to me, like they want to be lynched.

First batsnacks weird post just before the days end and then the poor attempt at damage control by Magnum, something doesn't add up.

Burbeting

Banned
As the Lovers kept glaring each other with most ferocious intent, multiple tumbleweeds jumped in the distance.
"Wait... why is there tumbleweeds here?"
"Hehe... I don't know! Maybe it's just part of the Sexy Valley!"
"Oh shut it, Bear."

batsnacks & MagnumBoy20xx (3)
giant panda 3498
el topo 3499
tl21xx 3502

coppanuva & flame_ac (1)
batsnacks 3501

11 Votes for Majority

16 People have not voted.

Kyanrute

I'm somewhat confused about the recent events.

Why did Launch and Gorlak die? It seems such a random kill to me with no additional benefits to scum besides a town pair dying.

Why did bats think doing the Flux was going to help his cause in any way? They voted for Flux thanks to his silly play and then try using Flux's insane ways to convert the rest of us to the Coppaflame lynch. Why would you believe this would make you gain any #townpoints?

Why did Kark not track anyone or in other words, why is he feeling invincible? He himself said that he was expecting to die on night two. What changed that made this feeling go away when night three came?

Why was nobody bombed? Does the bomber even exist? Does the bomber want us to think that they do not exist? Did they run out of shots? Did they do the kill last night instead?

kingkitty

on the topic of why gorlaunch died, it could be that scum thought they wouldn't be able to start a successful lynch against them in the near future and decided to night kill them instead. Maybe they saw the confusion caused by batmagnums at the end of the day and thought killing gorlaunch the night after would cast suspicion upon this pair. Maybe batmangums are actually non-town, and decided to gloat before killing gorlaunch, which seems kinda stupid unless they would reach their win condition before the game ended. But they're still in the game so, yeah.

Ty4on

I'm assuming you're referring to how I was generally nicer to Blarg than I was to Flux. Flux was making blatantly weird and anti-town plays, so I wasn't as polite to him as I was to Blarg, who hadn't made any outright bad plays (but was still more likely to be maf than Kark). I think my interactions with Splinter were also generally cordial until he started accusing me of being maf, at which point I got a little more rude.
It's more than just being nicer. You spoke as if you knew him well which struck me as odd.

batsnacks

What exactly is the argument that me and mags' actions at the end of the day are alignment indicative? Mafia magbat supposedly drew as much attention as possible to themselves AND THEN proceeded to scum slip in spectacular fashion for, what exactly? I am not seeing the scum narrative in anything we did.

The reactions we got were honestly pretty useful. I think there's a case for retro, Topo, and launch (rip) all being town based off of their reactions to our weirdness. That would have been almost a third of the game today if launch hadn't died. Launch's reaction to us is probably what got him night killed, what mafia posts "UNVOTE!!!!!" in any context when they could instead just let town get lynched?

Kyanrute

What pairs did you think were more likely to die?

Kark and Zipped mainly, since they are there in the open. In my mind I was also comparing Launch and Gorlak to Splibot. When scum killed Splibot, I saw multiple reasons for that, such as killing a pair that posted a lot, killing a pair that scum could've seen moving (sleepwalkers) etc. For Launch and Gorlak, while they posted well, they did not control the discussion nor did they have a role that could've been seen somehow. Why were they killed then, because of their opinions? Perhaps.

Kyanrute

What exactly is the argument that me and mags' actions at the end of the day are alignment indicative? Mafia magbat supposedly drew as much attention as possible to themselves AND THEN proceeded to scum slip in spectacular fashion for, what exactly? I am not seeing the scum narrative in anything we did.

The reactions we got were honestly pretty useful. I think there's a case for retro, Topo, and launch (rip) all being town based off of their reactions to our weirdness. That would have been almost a third of the game today if launch hadn't died. Launch's reaction to us is probably what got him night killed, what mafia posts "UNVOTE!!!!!" in any context when they could instead just let town get lynched?

The problem is that you are doing the Flux. You do something that is certainly anti-town (creating suspicion about your own alignment) and then ignore this fact. The ignoring is the scum play. The idea of the gambit, if I've gotten this right, was a trade. You make yourselves seem more suspicious in hopes that reactions would tell you something. The fact is, no matter what you receive from the reactions, you can't take back the fact that the gambit itself is making you look bad. The more you deny that, the worse you look.

batsnacks

flux's minute-6 fake cop claim and what we did are completely different. The worst thing that could have happened yesterday as a result of me and mag's play was us getting lynched instead of flux/time.

Camjo-Z

I can't speak for anyone else, but if I had to make a case for you being maf... I'd say that you did this as an attempt to echo Flux's shitty D1 gambit and make people think twice about lynching you for doing something like this after he flipped town. However, that seems like a pretty awful and unlikely plan.

flux's minute-6 fake cop claim and what we did are completely different. The worst thing that could have happened yesterday as a result of me and mag's play was us getting lynched instead of flux/time.

This is what's making me think you're town. I mean, even if you had gotten your way and made everyone unvote, all that would have happened is you get lynched the next day and Flux continues to live. There's no plus side for maf here.

It's more than just being nicer. You spoke as if you knew him well which struck me as odd.

Any specific examples? Not sure exactly what part you're referring to.

Kyanrute

They are indeed. The circumstances and the actions differ greatly but the nature of the play is the same; by lowering your own credibility, you hope to gain something though which you could readjust everyone's reads.

For the record, I read the play as a pointless town gambit. But still, spreading misinformation is anti-town and I guess that is why you are getting the attention.

Karkador

Banned
I personally don't really see the point in a mafia batsnacks doing that, unless they're really bored over there. However, the tactic was weird, and i don't know what you were hoping to fish for with so little time left. It's hard to feel confident about the result.

batsnacks

Well it seemed like a really great idea at the time but sometimes my plans...

200w.gif

200w.gif

Hey guys

I'm back

Based off of GorLaunch's death, scum likely didn't trust their ability to successfully kill KarkthePinhead. At the same time, it seems their strategy is to kill the loudest voice, rather than go for safe kills

Ty4on

Kark and Zipped mainly, since they are there in the open. In my mind I was also comparing Launch and Gorlak to Splibot. When scum killed Splibot, I saw multiple reasons for that, such as killing a pair that posted a lot, killing a pair that scum could've seen moving (sleepwalkers) etc. For Launch and Gorlak, while they posted well, they did not control the discussion nor did they have a role that could've been seen somehow. Why were they killed then, because of their opinions? Perhaps.
They were the highest posting pair after Kark.
I think we have a doctor who caused N1 and scum knows that so they just ignore Kark for the time being. It has the side effect of making him very suspicious if he is town.

Kark is the obvious answer. Who else do you think were more likely to die?

Karkador

Banned
Well, the other hypothesis is that they're leaving us alive because we've been vocal about steering votes in the wrong direction

Camjo-Z

As I mentioned before, I wasn't annoyed by Blarg's posts attempting to save himself whereas Flux's wacky moves and devil-may-care attitude did annoy me. Thus, I was nicer to one than the other. And as you saw for yourself, when Blarg was doing something irritating I made my thoughts known.

Well, the other hypothesis is that they're leaving us alive because we've been vocal about steering votes in the wrong direction

Well that makes things easy then. Everyone just take your read lists and turn them upside down, and we've got our maf!

Ty4on

As I mentioned before, I wasn't annoyed by Blarg's posts attempting to save himself whereas Flux's wacky moves and devil-may-care attitude did annoy me. Thus, I was nicer to one than the other. And as you saw for yourself, when Blarg was doing something irritating I made my thoughts known.
But he was scum. You summarized quite well why he was scum and still tried to reason with him. You were so certain he was scum that when some showed doubt (Splinter vote) you stood firm.
Why where you conversing that much with someone you were pretty certain was scum?

Kyanrute

They were the highest posting pair after Kark.
I think we have a doctor who caused N1 and scum knows that so they just ignore Kark for the time being. It has the side effect of making him very suspicious if he is town.

Kark is the obvious answer. Who else do you think were more likely to die?

I was waiting for a Kark kill because I thought that scum would want to reduce the information we get. Since they are our only source of info atm, I did not put much thought into possible alternative targets and that's why I was surprised that Launch and Gorlak (an ordinary) died. But it now seems possible that my premise was incorrect and instead of killing the information, scum are looking to kill the discussion.

Ty4on

I was waiting for a Kark kill because I thought that scum would want to reduce the information we get. Since they are our only source of info atm, I did not put much thought into possible alternative targets and that's why I was surprised that Launch and Gorlak (an ordinary) died. But it now seems possible that my premise was incorrect and instead of killing the information, scum are looking to kill the discussion.
What caused N1 then?

Ty4on

What causes N1 then?

Camjo-Z

But he was scum. You summarized quite well why he was scum and still tried to reason with him. You were so certain he was scum that when some showed doubt (Splinter vote) you stood firm.
Why where you conversing that much with someone you were pretty certain was scum?

Because I wasn't 100% sure he was maf, just that he was more likely to be maf than Kark. I was conversing with him to see if he could say anything that might convince me otherwise but he didn't. And I didn't switch to the Splinter vote because switching to anyone other than one of the two trackers would have been a dumb move.

Ty4on

Ducking mobile. I saw the post and thought it was an earlier version of this and went back to repost the one that was actually posted.
It's possible that the scum tracker was the only thing mafia had to worry about getting tracked
Pls, no more ninja.
I also think this being a 5 on the Crab scale excludes any ninja. I'm thinking of the kills here.

I think I'm going to believe that Mag/snacks claim was just a gambit for 2 main reasons.

i. Flux was ordinary town, so in order for him to know that Magsnacks were not, it means they would need to have an ability that revealed your own alignment to your target, which seems extremely unlikely to be true.

ii. I also find it hard to believe that Flux knew Magsnacks alignment and just kept silent about it. Especially since he was in clear danger of being lynched.

Kyanrute

If we have a doctor it makes no sense for scum to target Kark.

If the doctor can spam their ability on the same target, sure. That seems rather powerful to me, considering we know trackers are x-shot.

Kark, can you track the same person over and over if you want?

Ty4on

Mostly Danganronpa :p

I still haven't heard from you why you chose not to target one. The only thing I could get from Zipped was uncertainty.

El Topo

So...how would an x-shot work with two players? If both send Burb a command, I mean, what happens? They get nothing? They get both? Burb decides in his beary wisdom who gets to use the ability?

Top Bottom