• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Love Live!) School Idol Festival |OT| the wages of idolatry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anony

i'm going to have 50 love gems after i max bond
AM I FEELING LUCKY? no
SHOULD I DO SCOUT? no

my next post, will be a rage post probably

i did it, got more than 1 SR ;_;
still pissed off i'm getting duplicates rares i have already, are u fucking kidding me
UdQPWd2.png

Yaari

Rank 1 - Rank 200 = 2SR as reward
Rank 201 - Rank 1000 = 1SR as reward
Love Gems, I think 20 would put most people in the top 1000, assuming you play efficiently.

I see. So to go for the idolized version each event, you'd pretty much have to buy gems every time, I doubt you can make 20 gems between each event.

When these Scoring events come around, I am really screwed. I'm not good enough for that.

elhaym

lol I somehow managed to FC Bokura EX just now despite live cut-ins having been re-enabled because I had to redownload everything.

HOLY CRAP I HATE LIVE CUT-INS.

Qurex

Neo Member
i'm going to have 50 love gems after i max bond
AM I FEELING LUCKY? no
SHOULD I DO SCOUT? no

my next post, will be a rage post probably

i did it, got more than 1 SR ;_;
still pissed off i'm getting duplicates rares i have already, are u fucking kidding me
UdQPWd2.png
COngrats on your 2 new SRs!

I see. So to go for the idolized version each event, you'd pretty much have to buy gems every time, I doubt you can make 20 gems between each event.

When these Scoring events come around, I am really screwed. I'm not good enough for that.
Well your level and LP will affect how many you need and also how safe you want to be when trying to rank. You can use less gems, the minimum required, but you might end up missing the top 1000 if you miscalculate. At your Current Rank, if you played really efficiently you could probably do it with 16-18? Not sure actually.
Depending on how you rank for the song rewards, you can probably make 10-15 Love Gems per Event. This is including the event rewards, daily bonuses and idolising new cards. Of course there is also the ones you get for playing the event song. You can get one for playing Expert for example.

lol I somehow managed to FC Bokura EX just now despite live cut-ins having been re-enabled because I had to redownload everything.

HOLY CRAP I HATE LIVE CUT-INS.

Congratulations! That's really quite skilled, perhaps the pressure of playing with the live cut-ins on increased your reaction speed.

I wonder if they will make Beat in Angel EX even harder to make up for Nawatobi EX...

That said, I probably won't be able to FC Nawatobi even though its easy ;_;

---
edit: I just FC'd Bokura too! But not with cut-ins lol

My playing is so inconsistent, FC'd this in 6 plays, it took 129 for Aishiteru Banzai EX and I think sub 60 for Snow Halation EX

idk

Congrats to you as well for your full combo!

I have yet to full combo a song an EX, I've come close with Rank A for a few but failed to full combo before they got swapped out.

On the topic of rhythm games, this is pretty much the only one I play at the moment. I haven't played many other games before this. At least not recently. I can Full Combo most of the songs on Hard. Can full combo half of the Daily Songs. The sense of rhythm comes to me gradually. It is pretty much the more I play the better I get. I tend to get better once I've heard the song loads as well. I try not to think too much when playing. I just let my mind react for me.

Hugstable

Banned
This is the rhythm game I'm best at out of the ones I play but thats because its pretty easy in comparison! I have only Perfected a few songs (on Normal ;_;) in the Project Diva games. The timing in School Idol Paradise along with poor frame rate during long hold notes makes it hard to get used too, but I haven't played that as much as I want to because I need new headphones.

I'm okay at the K-on PSP game too but its scoring system is weird, you can perfect a song and get like a "C" or whatever.

I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Curtain Call along with this right now, as well as Project Diva f from time to time. Music Rhythm games have always been a favorite of mine, and I get instantly addicted to any of these games that click with me.

JoeFu

Banned
I'm currently playing Final Fantasy Curtain Call along with this right now, as well as Project Diva f from time to time. Music Rhythm games have always been a favorite of mine, and I get instantly addicted to any of these games that click with me.

Git rekt in versus huggy! We need to play again

Yaari

I like how "Oh, Love & Peace!" is 8 stars difficulty, and I can complete it fairly easily, and "Bokura wa Ima no Naka de" is 8 stars, and I get destroyed.

Hugstable

Banned
Git rekt in versus huggy! We need to play again

Hehe I'll be down later, I'm currently halfway saved into a Long Quest Medley, but my party should be hitting around level 70 almost!

"You are playing too many versions of this game."

Me too, I can't get enough of them, especially unlocking stuff (songs or costumes)

I liked the different ways of unlocking things in Project Diva F 2nd like use a certain accessory or module. Some were pretty grind-heavy though like get a certain amount of total score.

Yeah Diva f and Curtain Call have that thing where every time you play something, you usually unlock something whether its a new song or a new costume. I still have alot to play in Diva f but I'll be picking up f 2nd sometime after it's out since it's finally about to be localized.

elhaym

I'm okay at the K-on PSP game too but its scoring system is weird, you can perfect a song and get like a "C" or whatever.

I bought and had a -blast- with the K-On game, but now for my life I can't remember what the hell the gameplay was like. =p

Is here where I can use this picture again?

But yeah, I just got my copy of the US one today and had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL rebuying it. One of the most entertaining rhythm games I've played.

Hugstable

Banned
I bought and had a -blast- with the K-On game, but now for my life I can't remember what the hell the gameplay was like. =p

Is here where I can use this picture again?

But yeah, I just got my copy of the US one today and had NO PROBLEMS AT ALL rebuying it. One of the most entertaining rhythm games I've played.

omg you have that 3DS? I never saw this LE til now, it looks amazing. I could play Quest Medley mode all day, Versus is alot of fun too. They have little attack bursts that thrown out that mess with the opponents note patterns. I suck so much at Ulitmate though ha.

Qurex

Neo Member
This is the rhythm game I'm best at out of the ones I play but thats because its pretty easy in comparison! I have only Perfected a few songs (on Normal ;_;) in the Project Diva games. The timing in School Idol Paradise along with poor frame rate during long hold notes makes it hard to get used too, but I haven't played that as much as I want to because I need new headphones.

I have no idea how good I am at other rhythm games since I don't actually have any at moment. Don't think Synthesia would count and haven't touched that in ages. I'm pretty sure I have a copy of Elite Beat Agents somewhere.... But that's going to change soon, I'm getting a couple new rhythm games in the next few months.

I'm waiting for my copy of Final Fantasy Theatrhythm Curtain Call to arrive. Missed the rekease of the first game, it's kinda expensive now as well. Looking forward to play it, should arrive soon. I haven't played any of the Project Diva games before, they look like loads of fun though. I was going to buy the Vita game but then they announced they were bringing over Diva F 2nd? The one that's coming out in November. So I decided against it since I don't have enough room on my memory card and haven't got round to importing a 64GB card yet.
Haven't played the K-ON game either. Didn't have a PSP until about a few years ago. But I didn't know what games are good, so I haven't imported any.

I haven't noticed the poor framrate issue that some of you have mentioned before. Have you tried adjusting the timings in the settings? I tried that and some how I did worse afterwards, so I reset it back to default.

Anyone have any Korean powers?

3pVVTs8l.png

I have no idea what the error is. lol
Behold the power of Google Translate
서버와의 연결에 오류가 발생했습니디. (코드:0X00012002)
An error occurred on the connection to the server Di . ( Code : 0X00012002)

I think I typed one of the characters wrong, anyway seems to be a server connection error.

Hachitora

Is it Rin's event next? If so then I can take it easy breezy.

But... but Rin is <3

On second thought, I hope everyone else has this mentality. That way, me, Safs and Hugs can get top 3! We're like the only Rin fans here ;_;

Edit:
Lol u suck. Rin like top 3

Top tier all day, glad somebody gets it
Nevermind then! Looks like more people understand her greatness.

JoeFu

Banned
We get to play After School Navigators in EN finally(when rin event hits)! That song has somehow become one of my favorite muse songs lol

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Problem with URs is that people won't let you switch to your favourite LL.

I changed to Honoka for five seconds before someone told me to go back to Umi.

JoeFu

Banned
Always expect the worst so you can never be disappointed.

Also Hanayamata OP is seriously so amazing. I freaking love it.

But... but Rin is <3

On second thought, I hope everyone else has this mentality. That way, me, Safs and Hugs can get top 3! We're like the only Rin fans here ;_;

Edit:

Nevermind then! Looks like more people understand her greatness.

I'll definitely push top 1000 this event. Debating whether I want to try for 200, never pushed myself that far before.

Draxal

I'm going to go pretty hard in this event just because I like the EX songs in this event.

Event grinding without ex songs is a chore for me right now.

Mokoi

Banned
ugh Rin event starts at 2AM for me

Heh, although it really starts at 3am because that hour of maintenance. That means an extra hour of sleep!

I'm going to go pretty hard in this event just because I like the EX songs in this event.

Event grinding without ex songs is a chore for me right now.

Do you not grind the b side hard song? I find those songs to be much shorter, and you do get the same amount of tokes as the EX song. However, if don't like that song just do what I do and mute your phone.

Himemiya

KZRLlrs.png

Rin why? Why 2 hours early Rin?

eQMFSfW.gif

Rin, you are top tier, doesn't mean I'm aiming for more than 1 SR though. The feeling of having your 3 favourite idols have events right after each other... <.< Also then I can play the event EX without the horrible pressure of all the tokes I'm wasting. Yes!

We get to play After School Navigators in EN finally(when rin event hits)! That song has somehow become one of my favorite muse songs lol
Probably my fave as well too, so yay!

Yaari

My iPhone has to go to the Genius Bar this Saturday. If I do a backup, will that be enough to get my data over, or should I also take the Transfer Code to be safe?

Qurex

Neo Member
My iPhone has to go to the Genius Bar this Saturday. If I do a backup, will that be enough to get my data over, or should I also take the Transfer Code to be safe?

Any chance that they are they going to format it? If there is, I would say to take the Transfer Code to be safe.
I assume a backup should work though if it copies everything over.

Also, Countdown for the next event.
t1411117200z0.png

Hugstable

Banned
KZRLlrs.png

Rin why? Why 2 hours early Rin?

eQMFSfW.gif

Rin, you are top tier, doesn't mean I'm aiming for more than 1 SR though. The feeling of having your 3 favourite idols have events right after each other... <.< Also then I can play the event EX without the horrible pressure of all the tokes I'm wasting. Yes!

Probably my fave as well too, so yay!

Oh god it starts at 1AM my time?!? Ugh I would liked 3 that's at least a few more hours of sleep, I might just stay up now lol.

Markun

I was expecting Beat in Angel EX to be asshole difficult, not hard but fun difficult. I'm not complaining though since it really is a fun beat map to one of my favorite songs.

Yay @ early Rin event. I've got nothing planned for tomorrow that's not in the late afternoon and the extra 2 hours means that the event starts at 11 PM here so it's not too late in the night to go wild for Rin!

Also, welcome back Safs!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom